Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik-Mora
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Just read on another website that both sides have come to terms...

anyone smell an upset?
BigG
Pavlik by mid-late TKO.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 11 2009, 10:01 PM) [snapback]427698[/snapback]
Pavlik by mid-late TKO.

I don't think so. Pavlik will probably win but he wont stop Mora.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 11 2009, 10:00 PM) [snapback]427697[/snapback]

anyone smell an upset?

Fuck Mora,this fight SUCKS!!Such a stupid fight..
Big Slim Sweet
Pavlik's gonna beat the dog shit out of Mora.
King Eugene
This could be career damaging for Mora if he loses by devastating KO. I'd still be pulling for him though.

An another note...if Pavlik dont fight either Sturm or Abraham this year he better get worse criticism than Floyd.
The CEO
I like this fight...because Mora is gonna get pounded out like a nympho on X at the after party....
King Eugene
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 11 2009, 10:43 PM) [snapback]427713[/snapback]
I like this fight...because Mora is gonna get pounded out like a nympho on X at the after party....

LMAO...what a damn description!
hardhead
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 12 2009, 02:40 AM) [snapback]427712[/snapback]
This could be career damaging for Mora if he loses by devastating KO. I'd still be pulling for him though.

An another note...if Pavlik dont fight either Sturm or Abraham this year he better get worse criticism than Floyd.

Pavlik and Arum are pissing me the fuck off with all this talk of fighting cupcake opponents. I understand the Lockett fight since he's coming off a loss but fuck he needs to fight Abraham by the end of this year. Arum and his bullshit are in high gear, that's for sure. He was saying in an interview that they're not even trying to fight Abraham any time this year. It sounds to me like if the Abraham fight is going to happen this year eventually it's going to be up to Pavlik to tell Arum to make the fight. That said, I think Mayweather's situation was worse because he was self promoted and still didn't want to make a fight unless it was 100 million..
Fitz
Pavlik is back in the shallow end of the pools.
kidbazooka1
Mora has no fire power to keep Pavlik honest he'll move just enough to survive getting stopped but lose a lopsided decision.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 12 2009, 02:43 AM) [snapback]427713[/snapback]

I hate Mora too. Pavlik should stretcher him good.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 12 2009, 01:48 AM) [snapback]427728[/snapback]
I hate Mora too. Pavlik should stretcher him good.

Coma or just stretcher??
D-MARV
I don't know... I favor Pavlik but I dont think this will be a pounding like some believe. I expect Mora to steal a few rounds. Pavlik 116-112
Nay_Sayer
Is this the same guy who just got outboxed by Vernon Forrest?
Lil-lightsout
i do not think Mora has a chance in this fight. I would love to see Pavlik put a beating on Mora. Kelly by mid-rounds to late stoppage or a wide unanimous decision.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 11 2009, 09:00 PM) [snapback]427697[/snapback]

anyone smell an upset?

i dont smell an upset but i am starting to see a pattern with pavlik and i hope its not due to the hopkins fight.... pavlik is gonna pummel mora... in his next fight after that i am sure he fights duddy, who he pummels... he's not being matched competitvely and whats gonna happen is when another super fight materializes he wont be ready because of the easy fights they are putting him in... he could fight sturm or for that matter fight abraham.. i know the division isnt that deep right now but he can do better than a mora fight... for that matter he could and i think should move up.. he would mix well with the super middleweight division that is a lot more loaded division...
D-MARV
Pavlik's toughest challenge is Abraham!
Method
Im a little disappointed in Team Pavlik for taking this fight. How long is he going to milk his middleweight campaign? They were looking for Duddy, Mora types. How long is Arum gonna keep this guy on victory laps? Who was the guy he fought BEFORE Hopkins? Who is the guy he fought AFTER Hopkins. Those two guys, plus the fact they were trying for Duddy and now Mora -- Im over it already.
JLUVBABY
pavlik is starting to look like a protected fighter...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 11 2009, 09:40 PM) [snapback]427712[/snapback]
if Pavlik dont fight either Sturm or Abraham this year he better get worse criticism than Floyd.

Well no because I don't think anyone has the expectations for Pavlik that they had/have for Floyd. You have to live up to being called the best. Pavlik's more middle of the pack now as far as champs go. Shit, it sounds like HBO is more or less done with him.

But if he keeps fighting softies in either New Jersey or Ohio he should starting getting called on it a la Joe Slapnutsy.
Fitz
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 13 2009, 07:12 AM) [snapback]427777[/snapback]
pavlik is starting to look like a protected fighter...

I tried to tell everyone a long while ago that Pavlik is no good and a lot of hype. He is doing a great job proving me right.
BoxingStill#1
Pavlik might lose this fight,..... I think Mora's footwork and faints are gonna give Pavlik fits.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 12 2009, 05:59 AM) [snapback]427729[/snapback]
Coma or just stretcher??

Maybe stretcher ride twitching in the ambulance & a code blue coma at the hospital. Then Margarito punches the earth with his loaded wraps & creates a vortex that creates a spacetime warp so he suffers this event over & over again.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Mar 12 2009, 04:48 PM) [snapback]427803[/snapback]
Pavlik might lose this fight,..... I think Mora's footwork and faints are gonna give Pavlik fits.

just cuzz mora got lucky and caught forrest on an off night dont drink that kool aid my man... pavlik is gonna walk mora down and probably knock him out (even though i dont like this fight thats the only reason for me watching it) his next fight will be against duddy i am willing to bet and after that i read on a site he is planning to fight either julian jackson or simon brown...
Snoop
I hate Mora as much as the next guy, well, probably more, but I hate to say that I could see a possible upset coming. No doubt that Pavlik has some canon power in those mitts but his predictability bothers me. All he does is literally a jab, jab, right hand, reset, jab, jab, right hand etc. That's why Hopkins was able to so easily dismantle him and I for one did not see any improvement in the Rubio fight. As much as I hate Mora, I can see him slithering his way to a UD by running and throwing those pussyass pitty patter faggotass shots he does.
D-MARV
Mora's Style will create problems for Pavlik.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 10:55 PM) [snapback]427885[/snapback]
Mora's Style will create problems for Pavlik.

I just do not see it, maybe i am wrong though. Pavlik could not get off against Hops for many reasons, but Mora has little power, and is an even smaller fighter and is not a fraction of the fighter Bernard is. I just think Kelly will have no problems letting his punches go no matter what Mora's tactics are. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it here.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 12 2009, 06:14 PM) [snapback]427816[/snapback]
Maybe stretcher ride twitching in the ambulance & a code blue coma at the hospital. Then Margarito punches the earth with his loaded wraps & creates a vortex that creates a spacetime warp so he suffers this event over & over again.

hahahahahahaha..
JLUVBABY
screw mora i'm digging that pic of archie moore.... i used to like moores interviews back in the 70's and 80's he'd have on that lil knit cap that became a staple of his and you could just feel the wisdom coming off him...lol... he is one of the greatest...

oh yeah back to mora he is gonna get slaughtered...
hardhead
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Mar 12 2009, 09:48 PM) [snapback]427803[/snapback]

I think I agree, everybody hates on Mora and he really doesn't have any power but he is a pretty slick fighter that might give Pavlik some problems. He's probably watching that Hopkins/Pavlik fight as we speak.
BoxingStill#1
I see things very different, Pavlik is hype in my opinion. Respectable power, but hype.

I see this being a close fight. He didnt change anything for Hopkins, ( a slick fighter)...he wont change anything for a 'latteral moving' Mora.

Off night or not, I think real boxers are all wrong for Pavlik.......
KOpower
What really pisses me off is that Arum is putting this on one of his stupid split-PPV cards with freaking JCC-JR as the other main event. Talk about a shit card. I wish Pavlik had the backbone to tell Arum no. Clearly he doesn't. Pavlik is one more crap fight away from becoming a full-blown protected fighter. It does appear that HBO is done with him, which is a shame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.