Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
D-MARV
I would...

Discuss
Nay_Sayer
Not even close

Wlad = Shit...
Maxy
David Haye is chinny so somebody is going to knock him out sooner or later. Would I rank Wlad p4p if he was the man to do it?

Yeah I suppose so.
JLUVBABY
i dont see a problem with ranking him somewhere in the higher numbers of the p4p ranking now... he has one punch knockout power though he doesnt like to use it for some reason... he can box... has ring generalship... he is an all round good fighter... i dont see why beating haye will be such a big deal... if the fight even happens klit. whipes the floor with david haye... first clean punch landed in that fight by wlad. either knocks haye down or serves him notice as to what is going to happen to him in the fight... i dont get it.. haye fights a journeyman fighter in monte barret gets knocked down in a slug fest and people think he can beat the premiere heavyweight in wlad... he has a punchers chance but i dont think his power will have a chance to come into play... this could wind up one of the biggest over hyped mismatches since tyson spinks...
D-MARV
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 01:06 PM) [snapback]427752[/snapback]
i dont see a problem with ranking him somewhere in the higher numbers of the p4p ranking now... he has one punch knockout power though he doesnt like to use it for some reason... he can box... has ring generalship... he is an all round good fighter... i dont see why beating haye will be such a big deal... if the fight even happens klit. whipes the floor with david haye... first clean punch landed in that fight by wlad. either knocks haye down or serves him notice as to what is going to happen to him in the fight... i dont get it.. haye fights a journeyman fighter in monte barret gets knocked down in a slug fest and people think he can beat the premiere heavyweight in wlad... he has a punchers chance but i dont think his power will have a chance to come into play... this could wind up one of the biggest over hyped mismatches since tyson spinks...

Beating Haye would not be a big deal but people love to hate Wlad. He is a little chinny but overall he has really good boxing skill and has been on a roll for a few years now. I think the lack of competition has taken it's toll on Wlad because, all in all, Wlad is a really good Boxer.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 01:22 PM) [snapback]427753[/snapback]
Beating Haye would not be a big deal but people love to hate Wlad. He is a little chinny but overall he has really good boxing skill and has been on a roll for a few years now. I think the lack of competition has taken it's toll on Wlad because, all in all, Wlad is a really good Boxer.

Agreed..I think Wlad. has a decent chin for a heavyweight..We all forget,heavyweights should be able to end anyone with one shot..If guys don't know how to punch properly,they don't end it on one shot..Jack Dempsey once said he could turn anyone into a KO puncher..Some people just don't know how to get their whole body into a shot like he did..Dempsey broke his sparring partners jaw who was 310+ lbs and was 7 foot..You should be able to hit like you weigh your weight and in cases of guys with natural power,a lot more than their weight..Dempsey had natural power and hit like he weighed over 250 and was only 180 lbs..The thing is,these guys who weigh 280-330 don't punch their weight,they just assume since they have all that weight that they will be able to use it..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 12:22 PM) [snapback]427753[/snapback]

i would say wlad is good enough of a heavyweight to have fought in any era.. in no means am i calling him a great but he has all the tools to have fought in any era.. i know his comp. is terrible right now and heavyweight is looking doomed but for who he has to face he is handling them and he should at least get credit for that.. its not like the early 80's where except for larry holmes the other belts changed hands constantly till tyson came along... he is dominating his field.. its him and his brother then everybody else... chances are somebody clips him again but it'll be luck and chances are they cant do it twice in a row... he is a very solid heavyweight fighter.

by the way johnnyblaze i like that pic of archie moore.. i'd love to have an original or even a print for my wall...
BigG
My question is why isn't the fight a done deal yet?
Nay_Sayer
WTF?!?

Klitscho = Shit

Wlad *MAY* be the best of a terrible bunch but that ain't saying much. Certainly his so-called boxing skills are nothing to write home about. Clearly he isn't anywhere near the top 10 P4P. What has he done lately? Who has he beaten? Nothing and nobody.

Getting dropped *3* times by Sam fucking Peter and KO'ed by a semi-retired pro-golfer automatically disqualifies you from P4P consideration, IMO...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 02:07 PM) [snapback]427776[/snapback]
by the way johnnyblaze i like that pic of archie moore.. i'd love to have an original or even a print for my wall...

Yeah, that pic is tight.

I wonder how old was the Ole' Mongoose when it was taken?
Lil-lightsout
Physically and skill wise, Wlad is a very good fighter. Top ten if he beats Haye, IDK. Mentally Wlad is WEAK!!! He is lucky the division is weak, or he would have been exposed more if there were tougher and better fighters around. Heck, I am one of the few picking Haye to get Wlad out of there early.
D-MARV
LOL... Either way you look at it, Wlad has beaten every contender they have put in front of him, he has unified the titles, and he basically knocks out all of his opponents. Should Wlad fight and KO Haye like I think he will then he deserves to be in P4P discussions.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 03:17 PM) [snapback]427781[/snapback]
WTF?!?

Klitscho = Shit

Wlad *MAY* be the best of a terrible bunch but that ain't saying much. Certainly his so-called boxing skills are nothing to write home about. Clearly he isn't anywhere near the top 10 P4P. What has he done lately? Who has he beaten? Nothing and nobody.

Getting dropped *3* times by Sam fucking Peter and KO'ed by a semi-retired pro-golfer automatically disqualifies you from P4P consideration, IMO...

no disgrace in getting dropped by peter... peter has the power to take out any heavyweight.. he got up and won the fight... and let me get this straight i say this about klit. and i am not one of his biggest fans but i give props where they are due... a lot of great fighters have been stopped by lesser fighters.. lennox is slowly getting his props and twice he was 2 peiced by lesser fighters so there is no point... both of which did not hit harder than sam peter... wlad is under appreciated as a fighter and its not his fault.. he doesnt have a dance partner.. he doesnt have a legacy building fight but if you know boxing you can look at the guy and see he is a solid fighter... unless for what ever reason you just dont like him then its nothing that can be said for you to see another view of the guy..
JLUVBABY
i dont want to call haye a bum fighter but how does wlad beating him all of a sudden make him top 10 p4p canidate?.. he's either that now or not... he's gonna blast haye smooth outta there.. haye is the same guy that was hurt by monte barret a joourneyman and fought pretty much life and death with the guy... i think the fight is in trouble cuzz haye knows his ass is grass once he signs that paper and is making it impoosible to make the fight.. if haye was so confident he would take whats offered and make the fight an win it if he felt like that... his people know he is gonna get bombed.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 02:58 PM) [snapback]427790[/snapback]
no disgrace in getting dropped by peter... peter has the power to take out any heavyweight.. he got up and won the fight... and let me get this straight i say this about klit. and i am not one of his biggest fans but i give props where they are due... a lot of great fighters have been stopped by lesser fighters.. lennox is slowly getting his props and twice he was 2 peiced by lesser fighters so there is no point... both of which did not hit harder than sam peter... wlad is under appreciated as a fighter and its not his fault.. he doesnt have a dance partner.. he doesnt have a legacy building fight but if you know boxing you can look at the guy and see he is a solid fighter... unless for what ever reason you just dont like him then its nothing that can be said for you to see another view of the guy..

Please stop with the Lennox Lewis comparison. Lewis may have been stopped by lesser fighters -BUT- I'd take those guys over Corrie Sanders, Lamon Brewster, and *Ross Puritty* ANY day of the week. Besides that, the Klit hasn't been in the ring with, let alone beaten, the caliber of fighters Lennox Lewis has.

So, until Wlad mans up and actually beats an opponet with a pulse: Wlad = Shit....
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 08:53 PM) [snapback]427788[/snapback]
LOL... Either way you look at it, Wlad has beaten every contender they have put in front of him, he has unified the titles, and he basically knocks out all of his opponents. Should Wlad fight and KO Haye like I think he will then he deserves to be in P4P discussions.

I hope you don't mean top 10 P4P...no disrespect to Wlad, but the competition and fighters at the lower weights Welterweight-below fight at a much higher lvl than the crappy Heavyweights...I would have the following over Wlad...

Manny Pacquiao
Juan Manuel Marquez
Bernard Hopkins
Shane Mosley
Israel Vazquez
Rafael Marquez
Miguel Cotto
Nonito Donaire
Vic Darchinyan
Fernando Montiel
Ricky Hatton
Chad Dawson
Joan Guzman
Ivan Calderon
Cristian Mijares
Kelly Pavlik
Jermain Taylor
Ulises Solis

Just my opinion...But I think you could fit Wlad in the top 20 if he KO's Haye...
Fitz
I don't know if I would rank Wlad that high, as biggeorge said the competition is pretty fierce right now, but I don't think I would object either if someone else had him pretty high. I know the heavyweight division sucks, but he has been winning easily and doing what he is supposed to do (bar a few pussy fights like the Sultan fight). He is a pretty skilled heavyweight, but I think just in general, people tend to ignore heavyweights when p4p rankings are concerned and I have no idea why, and I am not talking about just Wlad in recent years, just in general it seems harder for the heavyweights to be recognised.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 04:10 PM) [snapback]427792[/snapback]
Please stop with the Lennox Lewis comparison. Lewis may have been stopped by lesser fighters -BUT- I'd take those guys over Corrie Sanders, Lamon Brewster, and *Ross Puritty* ANY day of the week. Besides that, the Klit hasn't been in the ring with, let alone beaten, the caliber of fighters Lennox Lewis has.

So, until Wlad mans up and actually beats an opponet with a pulse: Wlad = Shit....

well i wasnt comparing him to lennox lewis i compared his knockout losses to lennox's losses.. lennox was k.o'd by lesser fighters as well mccall and rahman is no better fighters than sanders and brewster (not even bringing up the purity fight)... actually sanders and brewster might be better than rahman and mccall... and let me add sam peters did have klit. down 3 times and klit was able to get up and take care of buisness and win the fight... thats something lewis never did, when he went down he was done both times... the point is that lennox got up from those fights after being k.o'd and went on to dominate and fact is that wlad has proven he can rebound from those losses and continue to dominate as well... but truth is that wlad would have been competitive with lewis had they fought if you wanna go there and i cant call a winner.. lewis probably beats him but who knows... they never got a chance to find out so its all spectulation...
STEVENSKI
Can you rank women in a mens P4P list?
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 13 2009, 09:11 AM) [snapback]427815[/snapback]
Can you rank women in a mens P4P list?

Wasn't Mayweather once p4p #1?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 12 2009, 10:16 PM) [snapback]427818[/snapback]
Wasn't Mayweather once p4p #1?

True. Hangs head in shame.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 04:00 PM) [snapback]427810[/snapback]
well i wasnt comparing him to lennox lewis i compared his knockout losses to lennox's losses.. lennox was k.o'd by lesser fighters as well mccall and rahman is no better fighters than sanders and brewster (not even bringing up the purity fight)... actually sanders and brewster might be better than rahman and mccall... and let me add sam peters did have klit. down 3 times and klit was able to get up and take care of buisness and win the fight... thats something lewis never did, when he went down he was done both times... the point is that lennox got up from those fights after being k.o'd and went on to dominate and fact is that wlad has proven he can rebound from those losses and continue to dominate as well... but truth is that wlad would have been competitive with lewis had they fought if you wanna go there and i cant call a winner.. lewis probably beats him but who knows... they never got a chance to find out so its all spectulation...

Lewis W. Klitscho looks a lot like Lewis Grant.

And as far as Sanders and *Brewster* being better than McCall and Rahman, I'll just say this: Them must be some good drugz you got over there....
stateofthegame
I would not rank him PFP simply because PFP was not designed to include heavyweights.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 06:58 PM) [snapback]427844[/snapback]
Lewis W. Klitscho looks a lot like Lewis Grant.
And as far as Sanders and *Brewster* being better than McCall and Rahman, I'll just say this: Them must be some good drugz you got over there....

you tellin me i'm on drugs and you tellin me you put wlad in the catagory of michael grant?... tell me this how long you been watchin fights?... cuzz you smokin crack with a statement like that... do you have any idea wlads amateur track record do you?... you act like you just really got into the sport this century and if so thats cool but know what you talking bout my man before you make statements like that...lol... answer that for me please how long have you been watching this sport?
Fitz
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Mar 13 2009, 11:10 AM) [snapback]427849[/snapback]
I would not rank him PFP simply because PFP was not designed to include heavyweights.

I don't know what the definition was when it started, but right now with the definition that I know of and is used today. It is used to include heavyweights.

Pound-for-pound is the term used in boxing, mixed martial arts and other combat sports to describe a fighter's value in relation to fighters of different weight classes.

Pound for Pound or P4P means the best boxer overall based upon his or her boxing skills whatever the weight.

Being a heavyweight shouldn't exclude you from being more skilled than guys lower than you. So I cannot say that Wlad is better p4p than Maussa? I don't understand that logic. Why can't heavyweights be included? Why is Muhammad Ali often rated in top 5 p4p lists if it's not included for heavyweights?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 13 2009, 12:30 AM) [snapback]427854[/snapback]
So I cannot say that Wlad is better p4p than Maussa?

No. One guys is the apostle & one is the antichrist.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 06:22 PM) [snapback]427852[/snapback]
you tellin me i'm on drugs and you tellin me you put wlad in the catagory of michael grant?... tell me this how long you been watchin fights?... cuzz you smokin crack with a statement like that... do you have any idea wlads amateur track record do you?... you act like you just really got into the sport this century and if so thats cool but know what you talking bout my man before you make statements like that...lol... answer that for me please how long have you been watching this sport?

I'm not saying you on drugz, I'm just saying you got some good drugz over there...wink.gif

But yeah, If a semi-retired pro-golfer could literally obliterate Wlad inside of two rounds then I see no reason to believe that Lewis couldn't do the same.

And I started watching boxing during the Mike Tyson era....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 04:07 PM) [snapback]427776[/snapback]
i would say wlad is good enough of a heavyweight to have fought in any era.. in no means am i calling him a great but he has all the tools to have fought in any era.. i know his comp. is terrible right now and heavyweight is looking doomed but for who he has to face he is handling them and he should at least get credit for that.. its not like the early 80's where except for larry holmes the other belts changed hands constantly till tyson came along... he is dominating his field.. its him and his brother then everybody else... chances are somebody clips him again but it'll be luck and chances are they cant do it twice in a row... he is a very solid heavyweight fighter.

Want to see what I do have of Archie on my wall at my house??It's signed by Archie(I have a legit certificate for it too)..I really do like the pic of him hitting the speed bag and it would make for a dope poster..Hmmm..I just might too!!There is a shop that I know of out here that will blow it up into a poster for me..

Shit,it didn't show the pic..I have a pic of the thing of Archie on my comp but not sure how to get it to show up on here without having to put it in photobucket or something first..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]427792[/snapback]

You need to remember,Wlad is a different fighter now than he was when he lost to those guys..He was more aggressive,was more available to be hit,didn't have the jab he has now,and wouldn't pace himself..All thos factors would make him shit NOW but you have to admit he has improved..I would consider Wlad a top 20 P4P'er..He has skills!!Ya all may hate the Ibragimov fight but it does say a lot to be able to control another champ with just your jab..I may never watch the fight again but I liked how he was able to do that..His jab is amazing..
D-MARV
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]427792[/snapback]

Since you are so critical of Wlad... You tell me how should Wlad man up???? has he ever ducked anyone? He has taken on all challengers. What should he do?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]427884[/snapback]
Since you are so critical of Wlad... You tell me how should Wlad man up???? has he ever ducked anyone? He has taken on all challengers. What should he do?

Time travel back to the 80's or 90's and fight Holmes, Spinks, Tyson, Lewis, Ruddock, McCall, Bowe, Mercer, Moorer, Stewart, Holyfield, Morrison, Dokes, Golota, and "Mighty" Joe Hipp!!! laugh.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 08:53 PM) [snapback]427884[/snapback]

Stop taking the bitch route.

Why no immediate rematch with *39* year old Corrie Sanders?

Why did he wait until Lamon Brewster was coming off *eye surgery* along with a *year* long layoff before taking the rematch?

Bitch moves, in my book.

Wlad needs to man up...
D-MARV
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 11:23 PM) [snapback]427889[/snapback]

Why did he wait until Lamon Brewster was coming off *eye surgery* along with a *year* long layoff before taking the rematch?

Bitch moves, in my book.

Wlad needs to man up...

LOL.

So let's get this straight...

Since losing to Brewster, Wlad has KO'd Brock, Byrd, Rahman, Brewster, and Thompson and defeated Peter and Ibragimov. But he's a bitch because he never rematched Sanders. OK, gotcha laugh.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 12 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]427893[/snapback]
LOL.

So let's get this straight...

Since losing to Brewster, Wlad has KO'd Brock, Byrd, Rahman, Brewster, and Thompson and defeated Peter and Ibragimov. But he's a bitch because he never rematched Sanders. OK, gotcha laugh.gif

Brock = Green
Byrd = washed up LHW
Rahman = Ole STIFF
Brewster = walking deadman
Thompson = Scarecrow before he was given a heart by the Wizard
Ibragimov = scared shitless and still Wlad couldn't take out the trash
Peter = "deer-n-headlights" Wlad gets bounced like a basket ball
Sanders = *39* year old semi-retired pro-golfer who doesn't get a rematch.

Sorry but I'm not impressed with this list....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 08:36 PM) [snapback]427865[/snapback]
I'm not saying you on drugz, I'm just saying you got some good drugz over there...wink.gif

But yeah, If a semi-retired pro-golfer could literally obliterate Wlad inside of two rounds then I see no reason to believe that Lewis couldn't do the same.

And I started watching boxing during the Mike Tyson era....

so by your logic since wlad was knocked out by sanders a semi pro golfer with a hellava punch your feeling is lennox can do the same.... i agree with that but on the same note lennox was knocked out by rahman (not gonna use the mccall example cuzz its basically the same), using your logic it stands to figure that wlad would have the same shot at knocking out lennox lewis... they have both been beaten by lesser fighters... this convo got started by you thinking i was comparing the two and i wasnt but in reality they are not that far apart in skill and would have made for a very interesting fight had it been made... wlad. klit. is no way close to being the fighter michael grant is and or was and was at the time of lennox retireing a legit threat to dethrone him....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]427889[/snapback]

Bitch moves, in my book.

Wlad needs to man up...

there was no need for a rematch... vitali beat sanders in his very next fight by k.o... that fight was no diffrent than your boy lewis losing to rahman or mccall... we are talking about heavyweights... these guys are punching very hard... yes sanders clipped him but lets be real if they fought 100 times thats sanders only win against the guy... and let me say this its not wlads fault that he doesnt have a major challenger other than his brother and i dont count haye... haye is gonna get his natural ass kicked if they step in the ring together... he is a hype job at heavyweight he should have stayed cruiserweight where there are actually fights to be made... did you guys see the video of vitali taking his hat off his head.. vitali punked him.. took his heart... if he was so pumped bout fighting them boys he would have slapped vitalis hand... he let vitali take his hat and vitali could have kept it if he wanted to... thats like a cat on the streets gettin his chain snatched... you dont let that go down... haye is a hype job... i haye had heart he would have made some noise to hype a fight but he was quiet as a mouse...
Snoop
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 13 2009, 04:50 AM) [snapback]427896[/snapback]
Brock = Green
Byrd = washed up LHW
Rahman = Ole STIFF

Yet unfortunately this is the most impressive list the HW division can offer today. Besides, if he did rematch with Corrie Sanders, you'd probably say something like, "The same Corrie Sanders that his big brother KO'd and was coming off a long layoff from playing golf? Sorry, not impressed."

The HW division is what it is and like or not, Wlad is on the top of the hill.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 12 2009, 10:50 PM) [snapback]427896[/snapback]
Brock = Green
Byrd = washed up LHW
Rahman = Ole STIFF

buddy you just listed most of the best heavyweights in the world in that list of the past few years... its not wlads fault that there arent any tysons, alis or foremans to be mentioned that he could have faught... and for the record those guys are not that bad a list... wlads. career ranks above some other heavyweights champs i can think of.. you talk like he is the worst heavyweight to ever hold the belts.... he is a highly skilled decorated amateur that went pro and rose to the highest level.. he is the goods rather you like him or not...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Mar 12 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]427904[/snapback]
The HW division is what it is and like or not, Wlad is on the top of the hill.

Correction: Wlad is on top of a pile of Shi'ite....
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 12 2009, 11:02 PM) [snapback]427905[/snapback]
wlads. career ranks above some other heavyweights champs i can think of..

Like who?
Snoop
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 13 2009, 06:31 AM) [snapback]427913[/snapback]
Correction: Wlad is on top of a pile of Shi'ite....

Well, wouldn't really argue with you there, but is that really Wlad's fault?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 13 2009, 01:02 AM) [snapback]427905[/snapback]
buddy you just listed most of the best heavyweights in the world in that list of the past few years... its not wlads fault that there arent any tysons, alis or foremans to be mentioned that he could have faught... and for the record those guys are not that bad a list... wlads. career ranks above some other heavyweights champs i can think of.. you talk like he is the worst heavyweight to ever hold the belts.... he is a highly skilled decorated amateur that went pro and rose to the highest level.. he is the goods rather you like him or not...

I'm with you man..Chris Byrd is not a washed up LHW..How the fuck could he be when he was the most consistant heavyweight champ after Lennox Lewis left and before Wlad. Klitchko..Byrd has mad skills and I don't know where you get the LHW thing from because he had strictly been fighting big guys for a long ass time and specialized in beating big ass dudes like McCline,Tua,and other huge guys..Look at his fight record and tell me how he was getting TKO's over guys as big as 285..
D-MARV
Nay...
Im not going to argue about how shitty the division is... There's no argument there. I just don't get how you're calling Wlad a bitch when he is doing all we can ask for. What do you want him to do? Let's not forget, before Rahman, Wlad signed to fight the best prospect out right now. (Povetkin). Povetkin pulled out. I just don't see how Wlad should be called a "bitch" or how he should man up. I think he is doing a decent job with the competition thats out there. Honestly... Pavlik is being more of a bitch than Wladimir!
stateofthegame
Pound for Pound was created for Sugar Ray Robinson because everyone considered him the best fighter, but they all agreed he could not beat a heavyweight.

Heavyweights were at the top of boxing and that is why they were not included, pound for pound was a tool that was used by writers to pump up the lower class of fighters to show they were comparable to heavyweights. Basically, it is heavyweights then everybody else.
D-MARV
Heavyweights not being included in the P4P is B.S!!!!!!!!

So because you weigh 200 pounds, you can't be considered among the best in boxing? Whatever.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 13 2009, 12:33 AM) [snapback]427915[/snapback]
Like who?

greg page, toney tubbs, tim witherspoon, bone crusher smith and all those guys during the early to mid 80's that traded the title around, i thik his career has been more solid than a floyd patterson at this point... he's not the worst champ we have seen by know means...
JLUVBABY
for the record heavyweights can be included in the p4p rankings... there was a time back in the late 80's the ring magazine ranked tyson as number 1 pound for pound.. if you guys have an old ring magazine look it up its in there...
D-MARV
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 13 2009, 10:33 AM) [snapback]427944[/snapback]
for the record heavyweights can be included in the p4p rankings... there was a time back in the late 80's the ring magazine ranked tyson as number 1 pound for pound.. if you guys have an old ring magazine look it up its in there...

Thanks for clearing that up...

Guys like: Evander, Ali, Patterson, Louis, all had P4p skills.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Mar 13 2009, 06:42 AM) [snapback]427935[/snapback]
Pound for Pound was created for Sugar Ray Robinson because everyone considered him the best fighter, but they all agreed he could not beat a heavyweight.

Heavyweights were at the top of boxing and that is why they were not included, pound for pound was a tool that was used by writers to pump up the lower class of fighters to show they were comparable to heavyweights. Basically, it is heavyweights then everybody else.

i see where you are going with this state... p4p was created for srr and up until the early 80's there has always been a dominate heavyweight champ... it possible that the term changed to a new meaning around that time cuzz there used to ba a boxing saying that went "so goes the heavyweight division, so goes boxing"... and you have to think that has a ring of truth... when tyson was busting guys up boxing was very strong.... even in the 90's when you had the holyfields and bowes and lewis boxing was pretty healthy... as those guys slowed down and started bowing out the game so went the sport to a degree but boxing will never die it just cant depend on the big boys right now.... 15,000 plus people at the toyota center during a resession boxing is doing o.k... the promoters just need to make fights we wanna see...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Mar 13 2009, 01:04 AM) [snapback]427919[/snapback]
Well, wouldn't really argue with you there, but is that really Wlad's fault?

No. However, what I can hold against him is his performance in the ring...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.