Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toney/Roy Jones Fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
So I was talking with Vinson Durham today at my gym..He's training a dude and planning on maybe coming back to the ring..Well to the subject,he was tellin me that Toney's camp had him come in to spar with Toney since Vinson put it to Toney in their fight and arguably won..Well he said they would really go to war at it in there and Toney really hated him cause he was gettin Toney..Well one day Toney kept hitting him low on purpose and Vinson told him to quit fuckin around and Toney did it again and Vinson kicked Toney or somethin(he knows MMA stuff)..After that he said Toney's body guards had to pull Durham away and Toney still tried to hit him..Vinson said he grabbed a bench press bar actin crazy and got kicked out of the gym..I guess later Durhams bro pulled a gun on Toney but Vinson told him to not fuck around and that it didn't involve him(I've heard from 2 different people close to the situation that this did happen)..Well all in all,Vinson said he created such a ruckus in the gym that it fucked Toney wasn't able to really train cause of all the drama and had to drop too much weight too quick..That's comin from someone who wasn't backing Toney too..I really wish there could of been a rematch at 175..What do ya all think??I think we all were disappointed in the fight because of Toney..I had high hopes but they got shut down..It really should have been more competitive..

If ya don't know who Vinson is,he fought Toney,Telesco,Montell Griffin,Michael Nunn,Terry McGroom,and Jean Marc Mormeck..His style is like Roy Jones..

I thought I'd let ya all know what he told me..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 13 2009, 04:03 AM) [snapback]427928[/snapback]
So I was talking with Vinson Durham today at my gym..He's training a dude and planning on maybe coming back to the ring..Well to the subject,he was tellin me that Toney's camp had him come in to spar with Toney since Vinson put it to Toney in their fight and arguably won..Well he said they would really go to war at it in there and Toney really hated him cause he was gettin Toney..Well one day Toney kept hitting him low on purpose and Vinson told him to quit fuckin around and Toney did it again and Vinson kicked Toney or somethin(he knows MMA stuff)..After that he said Toney's body guards had to pull Durham away and Toney still tried to hit him..Vinson said he grabbed a bench press bar actin crazy and got kicked out of the gym..I guess later Durhams bro pulled a gun on Toney but Vinson told him to not fuck around and that it didn't involve him(I've heard from 2 different people close to the situation that this did happen)..Well all in all,Vinson said he created such a ruckus in the gym that it fucked Toney wasn't able to really train cause of all the drama and had to drop too much weight too quick..That's comin from someone who wasn't backing Toney too..I really wish there could of been a rematch at 175..What do ya all think??I think we all were disappointed in the fight because of Toney..I had high hopes but they got shut down..It really should have been more competitive..

If ya don't know who Vinson is,he fought Toney,Telesco,Montell Griffin,Michael Nunn,Terry McGroom,and Jean Marc Mormeck..His style is like Roy Jones..

I thought I'd let ya all know what he told me..

i think that would have been a good excuse for toney to have used is about the best it could have been.. toney never stood a chance with that version of jones... before they initially fought i thought toney had a chance at beating him but to see them in the ring jones was just so far more advanced it wasnt even funny... its a good story tho and i could believe i guess i am sure toney can be an ass in sparring but he nor anybody else at that time had the goods to beat that version of jones..
Lil-lightsout
I remember there fight well. Toney has always had weight problems due to his poor eating and training habits. This fight was a good example, he came in fight night about 186 I think. He looked so soft in there and definately not in great condition. Toney was not sharp at all, unlike the Littles or Barkley fights. Whatever the excuses Toney used(promoting the fight and stuff), thats his own fault, Jones did not have a problem being in shape. Toneys weight plagued him in his fight with Tiberi, which he was gassed after a few rounds. This was just James not taking off the weight properly and giving himself adequate nutrition for his body. Toney has always been his own worst enemy. I feel a perfectly ready Toney would have KO'd Jones that night, due to seeing how Jones has taking shots over the years, of course I did not know that then. Toney was so slow and lethargic for that fight, and I know Roy was blazing fast, but for someone who watched all of Toney's fights, Toney was definately not sharp in there and not at his best. If Toney could not have caught Roy, Roy probably still won a decision, but it would have been a very tough decision.
King Eugene
Bottom line that version of Roy was and is a better fighter than Toney. Beating that version of Roy was damn near impossible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.