Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute vs. Zuniga: Prefight/RBR/Postfight on Showtime@10 PM CST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This thread is for all discussions of the IBF Super Middleweight Title Fight tonight.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
Some controversy during fight week, Zuniga said he would pull out of the fight if the ref was not replaced. The original ref was Montreal's Marlon Wright who we all saw buy Bute some much needed time in the Andrade fight.

I for one have followed the Montreal boxing scene since 2000 and have seen its evolution from club fights to producing 2 belt holders to finally creating a staple of world class fighters. Unfortunatley in the last 7 months 2 fights have undone most of that. The Bute-Andrade officiating was horrible and then we had the 5 minute round in the Ngouddjo-Urango fight. Hope they get their act together for tonight.
Lil-lightsout
Bute looked great, he is going to be tough to beat.
hardhead
Yea Bute looked really good, that left hook the body was vicious. I think he beats Andrade again in a rematch.
JLUVBABY
bute looked very good tonight... i thought zuniga was just to small for him but you can see bute is gonna be a fun fighter to watch... super middleweight is a good division right now... it would be nice to see kelly pavlik and abraham join the club there...
thefloatingmonkey
I would like to see Bute fight Ward or Kessler and not in Canada. I think both would be good fights.
D-MARV
Bute is Legit! I would lov to see him fight the Froch-JT winner. I would favor him over both men.

In regards to the Andrade fight. He was beat up pretty bad at the end of the 12th but let's not forget that he was putting on a Boxing Clinic for 11 rounds.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:51 PM) [snapback]428151[/snapback]
Bute is Legit! I would lov to see him fight the Froch-JT winner. I would favor him over both men.

In regards to the Andrade fight. He was beat up pretty bad at the end of the 12th but let's not forget that he was putting on a Boxing Clinic for 11 rounds.

that is the reason why i would like to see him move on.. he's talking bout fighting andrede again but i dont think its a worthy fight... bute needs to move on... yeah andrede had him hurt and you can even argue the ref helped him at the end but.. it didnt happen and it was what it was... i'd like to see him fight a young gun or just a fresh face period...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.