Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arreola vs. McCline, Thoughts?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Arreola KO 9:

McCline, to do anything, would have to do it early. (Before round 4) After that his stamina sucks and he reverts to sparring partner syndrome. This all depends on which McCline shows up. The McCline who is there for a paycheck, or the McCline who makes a good effort, but can never win the big fights.

If the "Bad McCline" shows up, "Nipples" just beats him down and stops him mid rounds.

If the "Good McCline" shows up, he might even floor Arreola early, but Will be too gassed, or revert too much back to sparring partner syndrome where he won't get Chris out of there. It will still be a mid-round stoppage. There was no reason why McCline should not have stopped Peter. He let that golden opportunity get away. That's the way McCline fights.

McCline is little more than a measuring stick to see how well up and coming fighters do against him. If you get McCline out early, you are often considered for good contendership. If you struggle with him, critics may say you're an over-rated fighter. Losing to McCline wouldn't be so bad 5 years ago, but now for a fighter it could be devastating to his career.

Jack
D-MARV
Arreola TKO5

JonnyBlaze
McCline will KO the butterball..I don't even know why this even got it's own thread..Arreola can't go the distance and McCline can(but not with ease)..McCline has been hit by way bigger hitters so Arreola's "power" will not show..McCline will hurt Arreola and be the first person to beat him..I'd rather have McCline be the American heavyweight hope than flubber..
JLUVBABY
i think it depends on which mccline shows up... if mccline comes out with fire lilke walker did it will answer a lot of questions about arreola... i'm very interested in seeing this fight and i hope mccline comes oout early triing to bomb this guy like walker... if he doesnt arreola will roll him...
kidbazooka1
McCline is a big slow weak ass f*ck. Arreola stops him within 5.
1zz
Arreola TKO by 7th round.
Lil-lightsout
When was Jameels last significant win? Arreola by TKO.
Hodge
I'm inclined to say Jameel. Areolla's time is coming soon, but McCline has a knack for losing fights that he should take (Sam Peter.) Chris by U.D.
pcraw
McCline has the killer instincts of a poodle. Arreola should take this one.
Thegreatequalizer
if arreola can survive mccline's one or two outbursts, then he can probably exhaust him into a tko 9.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 13 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]427981[/snapback]
McCline will KO the butterball..I don't even know why this even got it's own thread..Arreola can't go the distance and McCline can(but not with ease)..McCline has been hit by way bigger hitters so Arreola's "power" will not show..McCline will hurt Arreola and be the first person to beat him..I'd rather have McCline be the American heavyweight hope than flubber..

JB,
I rather have you be the american hope than McCline.
BigG
I honestly like Arreola..he seems like a really nice guy but I just gotta keep it real...he would get KTFO against Wlad Klitschko or Vitali Klitshcko and would lose to the likes of Ruiz....I'm rooting for him but he's far from the savior...maybe if he lost some weight he could be a belt holder.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 14 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]428158[/snapback]
I honestly like Arreola..he seems like a really nice guy but I just gotta keep it real...he would get KTFO against Wlad Klitschko or Vitali Klitshcko and would lose to the likes of Ruiz....I'm rooting for him but he's far from the savior...maybe if he lost some weight he could be a belt holder.

I'm a fan of Arreola for a few reasons... One being his potential of being a HUGE draw!!!! and BOXING needs a huge draw at Heavyweight!
JLUVBABY
heres the deal with arreola... he has the type of style that can go out an beat klit... he dont have the physical skills to beat him over a certain period of a fight but he has the kaumakizi type of style that could bomb him out.... thats why i give him a chance and some might argue well jluv you say haye dont have a chance... he has a similar style.. well i dont think haye is as hard a fighter as arreola...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(pcraw @ Mar 14 2009, 12:10 PM) [snapback]428065[/snapback]
McCline has the killer instincts of a poodle. Arreola should take this one.

Couldn't put it better myself. Mccline doesn't know how to finish guys off, plus he's the only fighter i've seen that gets gassed quicker than De La Fishnets.

I thought Arreola looked half decent a few years again when he put a beatdown on Damian whassisname but that was about a million taco's ago. If anything he's regressed but will be too much for McCline.
stillperpetuallygrooving
man why are some of ya'll hating on arreola? he is just a little chubby, but shit, most of ya'll are probably a little husky as well...hahahaha. arreola is a decent boxer with pretty good skills, he is not just a one hitta quitta, although he does have devastating power. that being said, he is far from a match with either klitschko, which are the only LEGITIMATE and true heavyweight fighters and champs...haha valuev is still my man, though...i think arreola would knock david haye straight the fuck out.
stillperpetuallygrooving
haha silly, silly damarvelous1...still holding the silly belief that black people are the best fighters.
BGv2.0
MAN....it blows me away how many people seem to think this is a given win for Arreola.

It's as if people totally forgot how Walker (a MUCH lesser fighter than McCline) just floored the guy a few months back.

I don't think McCLine will "fight down" to his opponent the way Walker did. I think McCline took this fight because he knows what he was able to do with a (at the time) Champion in Peter, who has the same basic size and attributes.

I don't think Arreola has the chin or dare I say....even skills....Peter does.

I think McCline beats the shit out of Arreola either by stoppage or by an UGLY 12 round UD.

IF....and I REALLY think that is a BIG IF.....Arreola wins, he will do so by going the distance....no way does he KO MCline!

Say what you will about McCline....he has taken the shots of guys like Wlad, Briggs, Peter....I don't think Arreola's supposed huge power is anything near any of those guys.

I honestly do not see what people see in Arreola.

I'd love for the guy to prove me wrong...but I don't think it's going to happen! nono.gif

D-MARV
Well, I seem to be the only one on this board who likes Arreola. (maybe a few others) so you're not the only one who thinks the way you do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.