Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrera vs Khan: Round by Round/Postfight (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going information on today's Barrera-Khan fight from Manchester England. Live Call begins at 3 PM CST. The PPV is $25 in most markets.

Jack

Administrator
salvador
I'm kind of shocked that neither HBO nor Showtime picked this up and I'm disappointed that it hasn't gotten more buzz.

I've got $100 on Barrera just because of the odds and because Khan's chin is so questionable, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Khan totally dominate Barrera with his speed.
JLUVBABY
i've just reluctantly ordered this fight... it took me a second to press the o.k button to except the order...lol.... i hope its worth it.. i think there is a chance that it could be a good undercard and main even so....
Maxy
I opted against ordering it but I'm thinking I'll catch a stream somewhere. It's a fight that has me intrigued and I'm expecting something spectacular....
JLUVBABY
its looking like this afolobi guy might give enzo a run for his money... only thing is he dont have a punch...
Maxy
Enzo needs to look good in this fight. Are things not going well?
JLUVBABY
enzo just got seriously hurt...lol.. end of round 3...
Maxy
Haha, oh dear and there was Enzo, just the other day, talking about how he's the best cruiserweight in the world.

He'll move onto MMA if tonight goes wrong. He keeps hinting about it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 14 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]428089[/snapback]
Haha, oh dear and there was Enzo, just the other day, talking about how he's the best cruiserweight in the world.

He'll move onto MMA if tonight goes wrong. He keeps hinting about it.

maxy i dont think afolabi is punching hard enough to actually pull the win.. it was the right punch at the right time.. enzo dont look nowhere near the best cruiserweight... if afolabi had a punch this fight would look lot diffrent.. i thik enzo is a head by a little but he is throwing a lot... could punch himself out.. fight just ended round 6....
JLUVBABY
its round 9 and enzo was a lil buzzed again just a little..
JLUVBABY
its over... enzo macc. has been knocked out!!!!! round 9....
Maxy
Cheers for the updates. So far I've failed to find a stream but the Khan fight will be on the radio. I take it Enzo is busy and Afolabi seems like he is either saving himself for the later rounds or he's just not being active enough?
Maxy
Fuckin hell.

That's bad news for Enzo and it makes Hayes win look less impressive.

Got to admit, I'm surprised. Expected an Enzo win tonight.
JLUVBABY
thunderous right hand knocks him out.... great punch... enzo looks like a shot fighter...
dbdbdb
Maxy ..... I just sent you a PM with a good stream
-- ----------

Enzo was by far the busier fighter ... he just got careless and caught a good wild shot.
salvador
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 14 2009, 05:46 PM) [snapback]428094[/snapback]
Fuckin hell.

That's bad news for Enzo and it makes Hayes win look less impressive.

Got to admit, I'm surprised. Expected an Enzo win tonight.

I've only seen him fight twice (Haye and tonight) and obviously it's difficult to look impressive when you get ko'd, but Enzo just doesn't strike me as anything more than a B-/C+ level fighter. I really don't see anything special about him.
Imperius3
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 14 2009, 05:50 PM) [snapback]428096[/snapback]

Hey...feel free to pass that around!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 14 2009, 05:50 PM) [snapback]428096[/snapback]
------------

Enzo was by far the busier fighter ... he just got careless and caught a good wild shot.

enzo was buiser but he showed before he was knocked out his day has come an gone... you could almost sence something was going to happen... he looked like an older and older fighter as the fight went on...
Maxy
QUOTE(salvador @ Mar 14 2009, 05:53 PM) [snapback]428097[/snapback]
I've only seen him fight twice (Haye and tonight) and obviously it's difficult to look impressive when you get ko'd, but Enzo just doesn't strike me as anything more than a B-/C+ level fighter. I really don't see anything special about him.

Agreed, Enzo is anything overly special but a loss tonight just wasn't in the script.
JLUVBABY
allight guys they are building up to the khan berrara fight... they are getting ready now.... also that cooke vs. rameriez fight was a good one too earlier... good little scrap..
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:54 PM) [snapback]428098[/snapback]
Hey...feel free to pass that around!

0000://www.justin.tv/wrasslin
The CEO
lol...I have never seen people hype their athletes up more than the British...those Khan packages are ridiculous...

AND JOHN SMITH IS THE NEW RBCA CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!

laugh.gif

I think this fight can go either way...it all depends on how worn MAB is....but no matter what....Khan will get zero respect from me if he notches this Barrera....because he's a tenderchinned HYPEJOB.
JD
That cut on Barrera is going to open right back up.
JLUVBABY
ita aboutto be on they are in the ring getting introduced... go berrera!!!
The CEO
Dave Parris and booing Barrera....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
JLUVBABY
don king is lokoing extra fit tonight and his hair has never been pointier...
dbdbdb
Here's a good alternative

0000://www.justin.tv/unknowstreamer10
Jack 1000
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 14 2009, 06:06 PM) [snapback]428106[/snapback]
Dave Parris and booing Barrera....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Dave Parris is known as a quick-stoppage ref.

Jack
JD
Khan's trunks are closer to his chest than his waist.
Jack 1000
How does Barrera look?
JD
Like he is struggling with Khan's speed and size.

He is trying to time him with the right.
JLUVBABY
barerra is cut.... a bloody mess...
JD
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 14 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]428113[/snapback]
barerra is cut.... a bloody mess...

Shocking. LOL
JLUVBABY
i got a feeling this is gonna look like oscar vs chavez 1...
Maxy
Clash of heads and Barrera is badly cut. Khan is cut too. Not as bad.
The CEO
My stream is too laggy to see things clearly...guess I'll just listen to these homeboy announcers bust one in their trousers....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 14 2009, 06:11 PM) [snapback]428114[/snapback]
Shocking. LOL

lol.. you called it...
JD
Barrera just cannot deal with the size and speed.
JLUVBABY
i am seeing sumthing tho.. if they can control that cut on berrera he can make thisa good fight...
JLUVBABY
thats a nasty cuttho.. damn...
salvador
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:09 PM) [snapback]428111[/snapback]
How does Barrera look?

fat and slow and old - but he is landing some decent left hooks to the body that the commentators don't seem to be seeing.
dbdbdb
Khan is rushing and it looks like Barerra is trying to find the right timing.

Khan 2 - 0
JD
LOL...he has a fucking hole in his head.
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 14 2009, 06:18 PM) [snapback]428125[/snapback]

has there been a ruling on that? Obviously this is going to be stopped sometime soon.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 14 2009, 07:18 PM) [snapback]428125[/snapback]

Seriously...my stream froze, and it looks like a fucking pothole...Barrera's up against it.
Maxy
Yeah it's a terrible cut, although its very high on his head. Barrera is definitely having trouble handling the speed of Khan and the size difference is very notable.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(salvador @ Mar 14 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]428126[/snapback]
has there been a ruling on that? Obviously this is going to be stopped sometime soon.

Ruled a head clash
JD
From an unintentional butt.

If it goes 4, they go to the cards.
JLUVBABY
yeah barrera is slower but i get the feeling that one punch can change it.. as fast as khan is he is beatable.. oh damn they are lettingthe doc look at him...
JD
Khan has some damn good speed and skill.

Shame that his chin is made of wet tissue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.