Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abraham vs. Simon (Updates? Results?)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
We have King Arther Abraham in a middleweight title defense today against Lajuan Simon. However, there is no known televised information for the fight. (At least in the USA) Please post any information or updates.

Jack
Imperius3
Abraham wins a tough decision. I hear he might be moving up in weight.
D-MARV
I didn't see the fight but I hear Simon gave him a tough fight.

Abraham should move up. OBVIOUSLY Sturm nor Pavlik wants any part of him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]428149[/snapback]

not only that marv and i agree with you by the way but super middle has so many more potential match ups to be made.. middle weight is somewhat of a wasteland right now...
D-MARV
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 14 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]428160[/snapback]
not only that marv and i agree with you by the way but super middle has so many more potential match ups to be made.. middle weight is somewhat of a wasteland right now...

Agreed!

Abraham Vs Kessler, Froch, Bute, JT would all be GREAT fights! Fuck 160!
hardhead
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 14 2009, 11:48 PM) [snapback]428149[/snapback]

I too heard that Abraham looked so so, won the fight but probably a few points and I'm told he looked really really gassed at the end. He probably was struggling with the weight and possibly took this guy lightly. I agree with everybody else, if weight is a problem Abraham should move up. There's lots of options(and guys outside of the U.S.) and guys that will take him on if Pavlik doesn't want to.
Big Slim Sweet
Pavlik's not scared of Abraham you cocksucking faggots.
Big Slim Sweet
Just kidding about the cocksuckng part.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 14 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]428174[/snapback]
Agreed!

Abraham Vs Kessler, Froch, Bute, JT would all be GREAT fights! Fuck 160!

you can mix an match all them guys and you got some great fights... this is turning out to bea damn good year so far for the sport... i hope they keep it up... espn is even stepping up to the plate with key matchups so like i been saying even in a recession boxing is not dead...
Big Slim Sweet
The recession helps boxing. People need to get back in touch with their asskicking roots.
hardhead
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 15 2009, 02:52 AM) [snapback]428178[/snapback]
Pavlik's not scared of Abraham you cocksucking faggots.

Got damn Big Slim had a few drinks tonight or what? laugh.gif

If you were talking to me I didn't say he was scared but it is pretty clear, to me at least, that Pavlik and Bob Asshole do not want to fight Abraham anytime soon. Regardless of Asshole's reasons(money, travel etc), I think it BS. I don't even mind Mora next as long as they set up the Abraham fight at the end of the year, but damn Asshole was talking the other day of fighting Duddy after Mora basically dismissing Abraham as nobody. On the other hand, Abraham shouldn't wait around for Pavlik if it's hurting him weight wise.

I still hold out some hope that Pavlik tells Asshole to get him a real opponent at least by the end of the year.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(hardhead @ Mar 15 2009, 02:13 AM) [snapback]428205[/snapback]
Got damn Big Slim had a few drinks tonight or what? laugh.gif

If you were talking to me I didn't say he was scared but it is pretty clear, to me at least, that Pavlik and Bob Asshole do not want to fight Abraham anytime soon. Regardless of Asshole's reasons(money, travel etc), I think it BS. I don't even mind Mora next as long as they set up the Abraham fight at the end of the year, but damn Asshole was talking the other day of fighting Duddy after Mora basically dismissing Abraham as nobody. On the other hand, Abraham shouldn't wait around for Pavlik if it's hurting him weight wise.

I still hold out some hope that Pavlik tells Asshole to get him a real opponent at least by the end of the year.

LMAO. I was pretty drunk when I came on here last night. I was actually going to edit both posts this morning hoping no one had commented on them yet. But I guess I'm stuck with them. laugh.gif

I like Pavlik and I can see he's about to become one of the real trendy fighters to hate on around here. But I can also see why. Bob Arum is purposely downplaying an Abraham fight whereas in the past he talked about making it happen in 09. Since the Hopkins debacle, Arum seems to have changed course with regards to Kelly's career, at least for now. It's like they just want to give him an extended victory lap before he loses again. Maybe people close to Pavlik are telling him that his psyche still hasn't been repaired yet? Who knows. It's pretty disappointing either way.
BigG
I'm sorry guys, I've just never been impressed with Abraham. He is a really strong fighter but skillwise he is nothing too special. I heard he was hurt against this guy. He isn't a much better fighter than Pavlik and when they fight, it will be a war.
hardhead
I still like Pavlik and will pull for him against Abraham if they ever fight, most of my criticism is against Arum but if he continues on with the some of the opponents he's mentioned it's only fair to start criticizing Pavlik as well.

I think Abraham/Pavlik would be a war and a great fight, it's a fight i've been looking forward to for a while. I was going back and forth about who would win and that's the main reason why I want to see it. It's the only worthwhile fight at middleweight.
Jack 1000
I like Pavlik and I can see he's about to become one of the real trendy fighters to hate on around here. But I can also see why. Bob Arum is purposely downplaying an Abraham fight whereas in the past he talked about making it happen in 09. Since the Hopkins debacle, Arum seems to have changed course with regards to Kelly's career, at least for now. It's like they just want to give him an extended victory lap before he loses again. Maybe people close to Pavlik are telling him that his psyche still hasn't been repaired yet? Who knows. It's pretty disappointing either way.

I agree,

But remember that Pavlik took such a pounding in the Hopkins fight that I can see why Arum may want to protect his status. I will grant Pavlik some confidence builders, but after Mora this summer, he should be back to tough fights.

I would LOVE to see Abraham and Pavlik go at it. Right now, I would pick Abraham by decision in a great war. But a very demanding and draining war for Pavlik. I don't know if he's ready for another war just yet.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
At first i was not too impressed with Kelly. After beating JT, I thought I did not give him enough credit. Then the disaster with Hopkins, maybe he is over-rated afterall. I do not know what to think now? Need to see him in more fights, preverably not Mora.

Abraham looked nice against Miranda in there rematch, but that was the only fight I seen of his. I wish they could just skip the B.S and just make the damn fight next.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 15 2009, 04:33 PM) [snapback]428266[/snapback]
Just don't lump me with the rest of these bandwagon guys. I was in full flight a long time ago, everyone else are flavour of the month bandwagon guys, lol.

Oh no. LOL. Trust me Fitz I know you've been calling Pavlik's downfall from the start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.