Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton fighting for the p4p title
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Right time to bring up a topic that is starting to bug the fuck out of me.

Everytime I've seen Hatton doing the press for his fight with Manny he mentions how excited he is to be fighting for the p4p title.

Someone please explain to me how beating one guy in one fight suddenly makes you p4p champion? That's such bullshit logic. I seriously doubt Hatton will get past Manny but if he does then JMM will rightfully ascend to the throne. I quite like Hatton as a guy, I think his fans stink and his style is pretty lame, but I'm now starting to hope Manny SERIOUSLY fucks him up rather than just beats him otherwise we're gonna get Ricky bullshitting on that he is now the pound for pound champion of the world.

Ricky and the words 'pound for pound' don't belong in the same sentence in less it's a pie eating contest.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 15 2009, 01:14 AM) [snapback]428199[/snapback]
Right time to bring up a topic that is starting to bug the fuck out of me.

Everytime I've seen Hatton doing the press for his fight with Manny he mentions how excited he is to be fighting for the p4p title.

Someone please explain to me how beating one guy in one fight suddenly makes you p4p champion? That's such bullshit logic. I seriously doubt Hatton will get past Manny but if he does then JMM will rightfully ascend to the throne. I quite like Hatton as a guy, I think his fans stink and his style is pretty lame, but I'm now starting to hope Manny SERIOUSLY fucks him up rather than just beats him otherwise we're gonna get Ricky bullshitting on that he is now the pound for pound champion of the world.

Ricky and the words 'pound for pound' don't belong in the same sentence in less it's a pie eating contest.

i see your logic but lets say hatton wins which i think he will who would you put at number 1?... pac is the man right now people put at that position... really i think he is marketing and selling a fight... but.. if he wins rather you put him at 1 or not he can argue he beat the guy that most said was #1 pound for pound... i dont agree.. i think marquez is #1 p4p.. but thats just me... hatton even if he beats him will rise in ranking and a few more quality wins maybe would put him there but just a win over pac i dont think so cuzz personally i dont think its a good fight for pac... they are putting pac too deep... imo.... we'll see may 2nd...
torvix2000
If Hatton wins, then Marquez gets solidified at #1.

But I doubt Hatton wins this one. LOL! I've seen them a lot of times near each other and I'm gonna tell you Hatton isn't really bigger than Pacquiao. He is fatter.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 15 2009, 01:49 AM) [snapback]428203[/snapback]
i see your logic but lets say hatton wins which i think he will who would you put at number 1?... pac is the man right now people put at that position... really i think he is marketing and selling a fight... but.. if he wins rather you put him at 1 or not he can argue he beat the guy that most said was #1 pound for pound... i dont agree.. i think marquez is #1 p4p.. but thats just me... hatton even if he beats him will rise in ranking and a few more quality wins maybe would put him there but just a win over pac i dont think so cuzz personally i dont think its a good fight for pac... they are putting pac too deep... imo.... we'll see may 2nd...

Except this fight sells itself no need for further hype.

Trust me IF Hatton wins he'll be going on and on about how he's now the number one pound for pound guy, except no-one outside of England will be listening. Still it shouldn't matter too mch I like Manny big in this one. He loves guys that come straight forward he eats that shit for breakfast.
stillperpetuallygrooving
well personally i have said from the moment the pac/marquez fight concluded that marquez was the best fighter, pound for pound, in the universe...however, since pac went on to get the official decision, it is assumed that he would naturally be higher ranked than marquez in the fictional pound for pound rankings...after pac's destruction of diaz and then DLH, he was officially given the mythical title of p4p king...and, while i still think marquez beat pac twice and really deserves the title, it is pac's...bottom line, IF you believe manny to be the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and if hatton beats him, then simple logic tells you that hatton is now the pound for pound best...you can't say marquez is number one all of the sudden, you have to go with hatton....unless you were crying for marquez being the best from day one, like ya boy...

so if you currently believe manny to be the best, which most of you do, then you have to say ricky is the best if he beats him. you can't show marquez love all the sudden after writing him off as losing to pacquiao.
dbdbdb
What Hatton and many others don't fully understand about this fictious classification {P4P} is that one does NOT choose themselves -- it is a fictional title given to one who has earned the respect of their peers and have earned a place among the very best.

I too like Hatton as a person, but his style of so-called fighting is beastial at best. And in reality all he's done since getting clocked by the real P4P best, is beat a barely live Lazcano and A silly Malignaggi. His record up to a semi-retired Tszyu consists of the nobodies club. Who in their right mind would even think of grading Hatton as a P4P example even if he beat ten Pacquiao's.

Delusion in its purest form is being displayed here without shame.

The really funny thing here is that Hatton is taking Pacquiao as a soft target, because he's naturally a small guy. DLH also, took Pacquiao as a soft target and look what happened to him.
Big Slim Sweet
Great point db about the p4p title being bestowed on fighters by the fans and their peers. The fighter himself can't just claim it. I remember Forest trying to do that after the Mosley fights. It just doesn't work that way.

If Hatton wins however (which he won't so no worries) I'm sure he'll crow about being the new p4p champ. And then PBF will finally return to slither on over to England to take it back. And 2009 will suck balls for boxing.
D-MARV
That is bullshit! Hatton would move up but he wouldn't be the P4P champ. LOL... When Tarver KO'd Jones, was he the P4P champ?
Hodge
I truthfully think he's saying these things to psych himself up. I mean, he has to know that no one will give it to him just by beating Pac. He's going to have to earn it just like Pac did. Beating the shit out of a bunch of legends, surviving the best boxer in Marquez in two fights and go up in weight and beat another legend. His pound for pound trek should look like this

Hatton beats Pac, Then Marquez, Andre Berto and then James Kirkland.

He would be PFP for me then. laugh.gif
The CEO
Hatton is a P4P JACKASS...everyone should have known this years ago....and if you didn't know this by now, you don't know how to read people....

He's a fake...a finagler....a money grubbing, no talent...a 3rd rate boxer with 4th rate fans....

The only time he could be mentioned in a credible, P4P Top 10 was after he took advantage of and screwed Tszyu.....and if he happens to get the win over Pac, I'll reluctantly put him at #10 again....but the the truth behind it all is that the name, Hatton, and the term, P4P boxer, have nothing to do with each other...

Mean Mister Mustard
I know that there's a group of posters here who believe that Hatton is being overlooked but I just keep picturing Hatton, with his one and only game plan (which is to lunge in, hold, get seperated form the clinch and lunge again) getting countered by Pacquiao's HARD shots all night. He may be able to take them for 3-4 rounds but Pacquiao has the type of punches that just seem to wear guys down.

And think of the late rounds, Hatton's stamina after the Tzyu fight was praised as being excellent but it can longer be considered that. We have seen him fade now against Collazo, Urango, Mayweather and Lazcano. Guys who pressure him and don't lay down like his other opponents. You know Pacquiao is not going to get tired.

Like I said, Hatton will lunge in and get countered while Pacquiao moves out of the way and avoids the clinches. I'm pretty sure they are working on that in camp. I just expect to see Hatton's head snapping back a lot during that night.
JLUVBABY
this is gonna be a fun forum the night of may 2nd... a lot of fun and a lot of shit talking...lol
streetlion1
Hattons defenseless ass is gonna get smashed.....but IF he were to somehow win I would have to agree with torvix2000....Marquez would be #1 P4P. No way do I see Hatton beating Pacman...he looked like shit against Lazcano...and fought a he-she after that. Now he is gonna step in the ring with Pacman?!

Pac wins this fight by brutal K.O....even though I have the feeling Mayweather Sr. is gonna have Hatton play it safer but it wont help.

laugh.gif P4P champ Ricky Hatton laugh.gif ...thats a joke!
The CEO
Hatton will revert back to doin' his thing against Pacquiao...which is to try to make the fight ugly and hope he gets away with it...but he won't...like MMM said...expect to see a ton of those trademark "Hatton stopped in his tracks with his hands outstretched trying to hold" moments....like this pic that was photoshopped BEFORE the Hatton-Mayweather fight...

May 2nd will be nothin' but a party, JLUV...
BigG
Of course, Marquez has beaten a shitload of great fighters since then....
Lil-lightsout
I really look forward to this fight. I for one think Hatton is going to win. If he does win, I still would not put him at number 1 though. Maybe like 5 or something IF he looks really impressive. If Pac wins impressively, he definately gets props from me for beating a tough strong fighter in Hatton. If Hatton wins fairly and shows some nice skills in there, I look forward to hearing if people opinions change of Ricky.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 15 2009, 12:32 PM) [snapback]428238[/snapback]
I know that there's a group of posters here who believe that Hatton is being overlooked but I just keep picturing Hatton, with his one and only game plan (which is to lunge in, hold, get seperated form the clinch and lunge again) getting countered by Pacquiao's HARD shots all night. He may be able to take them for 3-4 rounds but Pacquiao has the type of punches that just seem to wear guys down.

And think of the late rounds, Hatton's stamina after the Tzyu fight was praised as being excellent but it can longer be considered that. We have seen him fade now against Collazo, Urango, Mayweather and Lazcano. Guys who pressure him and don't lay down like his other opponents. You know Pacquiao is not going to get tired.

Like I said, Hatton will lunge in and get countered while Pacquiao moves out of the way and avoids the clinches. I'm pretty sure they are working on that in camp. I just expect to see Hatton's head snapping back a lot during that night.

This is exactly what I expect to see as well. I think Hatton will make Pacquaio uncomfortable early but will still be eating a ton of leather. As the fight progresses it's going to get more and more bloody and one-sided.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 15 2009, 11:19 PM) [snapback]428343[/snapback]
This is exactly what I expect to see as well. I think Hatton will make Pacquaio uncomfortable early but will still be eating a ton of leather. As the fight progresses it's going to get more and more bloody and one-sided.

Just as long as Manny makes sure he stops that pound for pound nonsense Hatton's been spouting. Ricky will have his moments just not enough of them.
kidbazooka1
Hatton is delusional even if he stops Manny and thats a big IF he still won't get the #1 spot. Im pretty sure any credible ranking will have Marquez #1 if Manny loses.
torvix2000
Another Quote from Hatton about fighting for P4P#1!!!!!

This is getting out of hand! I hope Pacquiao knock some sense into his brain.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Mar 19 2009, 10:39 PM) [snapback]428914[/snapback]
Another Quote from Hatton about fighting for P4P#1!!!!!

This is getting out of hand! I hope Pacquiao knock some sense into his brain.

laugh.gif He is spreading it on a little thick. laugh.gif

These quotes are unreal.

"But I have to be frank, never did I dream of being in a position to fight for the pound-for-pound title, which means you're the best champion out of all weight divisions.

"As much as I love to dream, I could have never have dreamed this. But I'm grateful that I'm in a position to do it. I'm not only just grateful for being in the position, it's a position that I believe I'm going to take full advantage of."
kidbazooka1
I don't know if Hatton really believes this but it doesn't matter cause Manny will flattened his ass.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
My hate for Hatton is building, this guy is delusional. Where did this interview take place? In a pub?
D-MARV
Come on guys... Hatton is just selling this fight. Cut him some slack.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 20 2009, 06:02 AM) [snapback]428944[/snapback]
Come on guys... Hatton is just selling this fight. Cut him some slack.

But what you have to realise is that IF he were to win the fight he really would start calling himself the p4p champion of the world. And then there's the UK media and all of his sausage jockey fans.

Thankfully he won't win the fight though.
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 20 2009, 07:07 AM) [snapback]428945[/snapback]
But what you have to realise is that IF he were to win the fight he really would start calling himself the p4p champion of the world. And then there's the UK media and all of his sausage jockey fans.

Thankfully he won't win the fight though.

I think Hatton will beat Pacquiao.

But besides that... What fighter does not walk around thinking there the P4P best? Every fighter in the top 10 claim to be the best so I don't see the big deal.
I understand being mad at the UK media.... But Hatton is just being a boxer. I have no problem with him.

For the record... If Hatton does win, it will just move Juan Manuel Marquez into the top position.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 20 2009, 07:57 AM) [snapback]428949[/snapback]
I think Hatton will beat Pacquiao.

But besides that... What fighter does not walk around thinking there the P4P best? Every fighter in the top 10 claim to be the best so I don't see the big deal.
I understand being mad at the UK media.... But Hatton is just being a boxer. I have no problem with him.

For the record... If Hatton does win, it will just move Juan Manuel Marquez into the top position.

Wll I'm sure everyone walks around thinking they are p4p but who actually SELLS it for their upcoming fight like it is a given?

Only pie-eating Brits would be my guess.

Take the hokiest seller of sellers, De la Fishnets, even when he fought Manny he said he was excited to be fighting the p4p number 1, but never did he suggest that a win would put him at one. Oscar's wack but he's not that wack.

Fuck Hatton and his sudden 'I'm fighting to be the best in the world' shit, I hope Manny fucks him up big.

Hatton is not being a boxer he is being a cock.
D-MARV
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 20 2009, 09:34 AM) [snapback]428952[/snapback]
Wll I'm sure everyone walks around thinking they are p4p but who actually SELLS it for their upcoming fight like it is a given?

Only pie-eating Brits would be my guess.

Take the hokiest seller of sellers, De la Fishnets, even when he fought Manny he said he was excited to be fighting the p4p number 1, but never did he suggest that a win would put him at one. Oscar's wack but he's not that wack.

Fuck Hatton and his sudden 'I'm fighting to be the best in the world' shit, I hope Manny fucks him up big.

Hatton is not being a boxer he is being a cock.

Why so much Hatred? Hatton is a good guy.
The CEO
Hatton ain't a good guy, damarv....he's a dickhead...he's snowing a lot of people over, but he's faker than fake....he's nothing more than a wannabe, DLH Junior....
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 20 2009, 01:01 PM) [snapback]428976[/snapback]
Hatton ain't a good guy, damarv....he's a dickhead...he's snowing a lot of people over, but he's faker than fake....he's nothing more than a wannabe, DLH Junior....

No he aint... He is just trying to get paid like everybody else. I like the guy. I admit that I have overrated him before but I still like the guy. If there is any fighter that I could go to the bar with... it would be him.
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 20 2009, 12:01 PM) [snapback]428976[/snapback]

sleeping_03anim.gif
The CEO
Nice to see ya back here in the General Boxing section again, Maxy...I see you're still mad about The Prince and WeBL....taunt.gif
Maxy
Nah, webl died.

Anyways, Hatton ain't proper hateable for many more reasons than you could list him as such.

Prove me wrong.
The CEO
I proved you wrong a thousand times back in the day....and really don't care about pointing all that shit out anymore....I'll just bash him here and there and celebrate on May 2nd.....but what?...don't tell me you're flip flopping and starting to like him again?

P.S.~ I didn't know WeBL was DEAD.......y'all should have listened to me....took that break and started a new league when everyone was refreshed....
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 20 2009, 07:37 PM) [snapback]429048[/snapback]
P.S.~ I didn't know WeBL was DEAD.......y'all should have listened to me....took that break and started a new league when everyone was refreshed....

Lanky Gawn KO 1 Giant Man III.
BigG
Yeah, sorry guys. I had no more top fighters...and well...I'm pretty much shot in the game. To be honest, I was going to retire my gym after Judah's last fight but I kept it open anyway.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 21 2009, 03:20 AM) [snapback]429103[/snapback]
Yeah, sorry guys. I had no more top fighters...and well...I'm pretty much shot in the game. To be honest, I was going to retire my gym after Judah's last fight but I kept it open anyway.

Keep it open BigG. I'm keeping mine open and there are still some active gyms around. I don't put any thought into it but at least if its all open things might pick up again somewhere down the line.
D-MARV
Hatton is gonna fuck Manny up!
The CEO
Ok, damarv....you really think Hatton's gonna whoop him, don't ya?.....lol.....sig bet me....please.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 30 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]430226[/snapback]
"I told Manny if he doesn't knock him out in three rounds, I'll be disappointed"

Mr Shakey's condition is either getting worse, or is still the same old cocky cunt that he always is.

LMAO...damn your wrong for that.

Hatton will rough him up badly in this one.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 30 2009, 11:54 PM) [snapback]430256[/snapback]
Yeah I know, but I hate Roach, always have. He is too cocky for what he is.

I never liked Roach either...I just thought I would have been wrong for voting him in the hate dump or picking him as someone I would love to see get KTFO under Jack's thread. laugh.gif
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 30 2009, 11:54 PM) [snapback]430256[/snapback]
Yeah I know, but I hate Roach, always have. He is too cocky for what he is.

He sure is ..... The Roach is talking much sh*t since Pac-Man beat a dehydrated DLH. He's already {In His Mind} a HOF trainer.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 31 2009, 12:25 AM) [snapback]430226[/snapback]
"I told Manny if he doesn't knock him out in three rounds, I'll be disappointed"

Mr Shakey's condition is either getting worse, or is still the same old cocky cunt that he always is.

I aspire to be like Fitz. This dude is ice cold talking about a guy who is as sick Freddy is & having no remorse for saying it. Lovin it Fitz.
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19186

Now this here is funny but one of the responses was even funner.

"damn it's better to read what they said about each other because if u watch them do this shiet you wont understand shit. the other one is talking like predator and the other one is shaking too much like his language is on vibrate."

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 30 2009, 07:53 PM) [snapback]430228[/snapback]
Hatton is gonna fuck Manny up!

Let me straighten this out for you. Manny is gonna fuck Hatton up!
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 30 2009, 11:43 PM) [snapback]430253[/snapback]
Ok, damarv....you really think Hatton's gonna whoop him, don't ya?.....lol.....sig bet me....please.

You have yourself a bet my friend! 2 weeks
torvix2000

LOL! Hatton will look smaller than Pacquiao come fight night. And everybody will say that he's the smaller guy.
Big Slim Sweet
Are there people here who are actually rooting for Hatton in this fight? Or do you just think he's somehow going to win?

I actually like Ricky, but on both questions, if your answer is, "Yes", then my next question is, "How?"
D-MARV
People seem to underrate Hatton's quickness. Hatton has great feet and he'll be on Pacquiao before Pac knows it. Pending on the ref... Hatton may be allowed to get away with some rough housing (something else Pac hasn't seen). Every since Manny beat E.T, he has been badly overrated. I expect Hatton to win via Late Stoppage, probably a body shot. Im surprised at the number of people who seem to think this is easy money for Manny.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 31 2009, 06:46 PM) [snapback]430319[/snapback]
People seem to underrate Hatton's quickness. Hatton has great feet and he'll be on Pacquiao before Pac knows it. Pending on the ref... Hatton may be allowed to get away with some rough housing (something else Pac hasn't seen). Every since Manny beat E.T, he has been badly overrated. I expect Hatton to win via Late Stoppage, probably a body shot. Im surprised at the number of people who seem to think this is easy money for Manny.

I used to think that Hatton would not be able to get inside Pacquiao and do his usual mauling but I was rewatching Hatton's fight with Mayweather and he was able to dodge PBF's counters early on and get really close. The prblem was that Mayweather proved just as dirty as Hatton and with his shoulder roll defense was able to neutralize Hatton's inside game. Pacquiao does have comparable quickness though and Roach knows that Hatton only fights one way, there's no middle distance with Hatton. So Roach might already know how to beat him.

Good news for Pacquiao is that he's a southpaw and the souhtpaws that have fought Hatton have given hiim fits (Magee, Collazo, Urango.)

I still think Pacquiao is going to win, but rewatching the Mayweather fight showed me that Hatton is not that much of a sitting targer, at least not early on when he has his stamina. I believe things will get ugly for him when he tires, which he will.

Also, both guys might be underestimating the other. ROach with his statement that if Paquiao doesn't KO him inside of 3 will be a disappointment was probably just mindgames but I'm pretty sure these guys are too confident, especially Paquiao who has had 2 easy stoppagevictories in a row, including one against a much bigger man, his confidecne must be soaring right now. He probably thinks he can do what PBF did.

Hatton also seems to be overconfident, saying that he doesn't think Pacquiao hits that hard and that he has fought fast guys before. The comment regarding punching power was also stated by him prior to the PBF fight and we all saw how that turned out. Luckily for us fans, their overconfidence might result in a great fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.