Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: zabidiah judah, someone PLEASE tell me why...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
stillperpetuallygrooving
this punk made busta is still mentioned as a legitimate opponent for big fights against boxing's elite...seriously, who the hell has he ever beat? spinks and junior witter? hahaha..this fool lost to carlos baldomir for the love of god...of all professional boxers he has to have the most ridiculous video's on youtube. HAHA, you got the one where he claims he is "only taking the big fights now", and how "he was hoping that he would get ricky hatton next", HAHAHAHA, WHY would this assclown even think he belongs in the same ring as hatton? he is not an elite fighter like hatton...yeah, hatton has fought a lot of bums, but at least he has quality wins against WORLD CLASS opposition like castillo and tszyu...and speaking of tszyu, who gave us the FUNNIEST knockout of all time compliments of our boy zabby...go to youtube and check out the video of him getting KTFO with cedric the entertainer commentating, HAHAHHA that is hilarious...oh yeah, and you got the video where that zab PURPOSELY put on youtube of him "playing dice" or some kind of ignorant gambling game poor people in the ghetto play...HAHA, and zab is up in that bitch like he is some kind of REAL hood mahfuckah from the streets and shit, and at the end of the video he is like kicking some dude that already got jumped and shit, so pathetic...

and we can't forget the incident where his car was getting jacked and he was getting mugged and shit....AHAHAHA the cops came and caught the guys while zab ran away..HAHA thats right, HE RAN AWAY...there is nothing wrong with that tactic, HOWEVER, zab said afterwards, "yeah, they just messed with the wrong dude..." haha trying to act like his bitchass actually did some REAL shit...

sorry for the rant but i just hate this talentless assclown and i am amused that he believes he is still relevant in the big picture....haha and shit i still hear people on HERE talking about how he can beat so and so, and "oh he has so much talent"...blah, blah, the guy is a bum, he's always been a bum, and always will be a bum...NOW WHY? someone help me understand why?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 16 2009, 08:10 AM) [snapback]428371[/snapback]
this punk made busta is still mentioned as a legitimate opponent for big fights against boxing's elite...seriously, who the hell has he ever beat? spinks and junior witter? hahaha..this fool lost to carlos baldomir for the love of god...of all professional boxers he has to have the most ridiculous video's on youtube. HAHA, you got the one where he claims he is "only taking the big fights now", and how "he was hoping that he would get ricky hatton next", HAHAHAHA, WHY would this assclown even think he belongs in the same ring as hatton? he is not an elite fighter like hatton...yeah, hatton has fought a lot of bums, but at least he has quality wins against WORLD CLASS opposition like castillo and tszyu...and speaking of tszyu, who gave us the FUNNIEST knockout of all time compliments of our boy zabby...go to youtube and check out the video of him getting KTFO with cedric the entertainer commentating, HAHAHHA that is hilarious...oh yeah, and you got the video where that zab PURPOSELY put on youtube of him "playing dice" or some kind of ignorant gambling game poor people in the ghetto play...HAHA, and zab is up in that bitch like he is some kind of REAL hood mahfuckah from the streets and shit, and at the end of the video he is like kicking some dude that already got jumped and shit, so pathetic...

and we can't forget the incident where his car was getting jacked and he was getting mugged and shit....AHAHAHA the cops came and caught the guys while zab ran away..HAHA thats right, HE RAN AWAY...there is nothing wrong with that tactic, HOWEVER, zab said afterwards, "yeah, they just messed with the wrong dude..." haha trying to act like his bitchass actually did some REAL shit...

sorry for the rant but i just hate this talentless assclown and i am amused that he believes he is still relevant in the big picture....haha and shit i still hear people on HERE talking about how he can beat so and so, and "oh he has so much talent"...blah, blah, the guy is a bum, he's always been a bum, and always will be a bum...NOW WHY? someone help me understand why?

i dont think its a rant its a valid point.. judah has the talent he just fucks it off...
JLUVBABY
can someone please tell me why the topic threads reverted back to threads from a few months ago yesterday?... this is the only new thread i see the others talk about holyfield valuev etc etc...
iron_mike
Grooving, I agree 1000%...Zab is a nobody, not even a 'gatekeeper' anymore at 140 or 147...he had 10 million chances to revive his sputtering career...his only quality win was vs Spinks II, where he came back from defeat to KO Spinks in his hometown, but that might have been Spinks' own fault, with his 15 min dancing with Nelly routine, instead of training...seriously, Zab is done, he has no business fighting any elite fighters, and at this point is just a name to pad your resume with, kinda like Mayorga, but at least Mayorga had decent showings against Tito and Shane
D-MARV
You know I get tired of Zab too but we talk about him having all these chances but he has only loss to elite fighters! (except Baldomir). I think it's safe to say he is at least gatekeeper status.
iron_mike
Ok, but it's also his actions in the ring...vs Clottey, the Dr. asked how many fingers am I holding and Zab spit out 4 before he lifted 2 fingers, or vice versa, I forget. Then that bum he fought where he didn't want to listen to his corner and sit on his stool and then got a bad cut the next round, I just think he's lost whatever chance he had of regaining 'elite' status. So imo, he's a decent name to have on your resume, but if he wants to move back in the mix of being up there, whoever he fights, he's gotta look impressive, and maybe do a little Jones Jr. campaign-Ajamu, Hanshaw then fat Tito, at least to give the impression he's still a force in the jr ww/ww division
stillperpetuallygrooving
I guess i could go with gatekeeper status, right above journeymen and right below champion...but why does zab still think and act like he can get all these huge fights, haha it's almost like he thinks he has weight like mayweather or pacman and can throw it around to get whatever fight he wants...haha i can see him being some guy that takes beatings three or four times a year for the next 5 years from champs in need of a tune-up, or when up and coming young talent is thrown in the ring with him...haha and then he gets bitched into taking a 30/70 or even 25/75 cut IF he does get another big fight...its just sad that he thinks he is in the mix for fights against hatton, pacman, mosely, cotto, etc...haha like i said, only way he gets in with any of them is if they need a tune-up and if zab takes a piss poor cut of the pot.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Mar 16 2009, 10:59 AM) [snapback]428382[/snapback]
but at least Mayorga had decent showings against Tito and Shane

To go along with the KO and MD over Forrest. Very impressive considering what Mayorga is...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 16 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]428399[/snapback]
I guess i could go with gatekeeper status, right above journeymen and right below champion...

@ 140lbs, Zab is easily the biggest puncher in the division, IMO. He also probably has the fastest hands too. Face it, if Zab can still comfortably make 140 lbs he is a huge threat to anyone in the divison, including Hatton and Pacquiao.
Big Slim Sweet
Why are there so many threads and posts that talk about Zab Judah? His name seems to pop up almost as much as Floyd Mayweather's, yet he's barely even relevant anymore. Someone should start a thread about Kendall Holt or Juan Urango every time Zab's name gets brought up. They deserve it more.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 16 2009, 03:17 PM) [snapback]428404[/snapback]
Why are there so many threads and posts that talk about Zab Judah? His name seems to pop up almost as much as Floyd Mayweather's, yet he's barely even relevant anymore. Someone should start a thread about Kendall Holt or Juan Urango every time Zab's name gets brought up. They deserve it more.

In all honesty, when was the last time Zab was in a boring fight? Hell, even the Baldomir fight was dramatic.

I think his name gets brought up so much because, despite his flaws, we like to watch him fight...
iron_mike
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 16 2009, 04:42 PM) [snapback]428402[/snapback]
To go along with the KO and MD over Forrest. Very impressive considering what Mayorga is...

Agreed, but was talking about around the Tito fight. He showed heart against Shane and Vargas, well I think I could've beaten Vargas, and I'd be clocked in at Jr. Feather laugh.gif Grooving, agreed 100% on your Zabzervation
JLUVBABY
one thing about zab is he usually puts up a good fight even in losing.. i do believe he has wasted his talent but thats on him... he tries in his fights and thats more than can be said about a lot of fighters...
BigG
Cant disagree about Zab as much as I like to watch him fight and I like his flash and speed....he needs to get in with some cotnenders. He's calling out Malignaggi, that should be a good fight for him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 16 2009, 09:24 PM) [snapback]428406[/snapback]
In all honesty, when was the last time Zab was in a boring fight? Hell, even the Baldomir fight was dramatic.

I think his name gets brought up so much because, despite his flaws, we like to watch him fight...

The last fight of his I saw was boring for 3 mins of every round. The excitement was in between rounds where he bahaved like a goose.

I don't care for him fighting I just like seeing him get busted up good.
iron_mike
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2009, 08:02 PM) [snapback]428447[/snapback]
Cant disagree about Zab as much as I like to watch him fight and I like his flash and speed....he needs to get in with some cotnenders. He's calling out Malignaggi, that should be a good fight for him.

But the flash and speed....when was the last time you saw it? I saw like two speedy combinations against Clottey, which were nice, but all blocked. He showed heart against Cotto, and I didn't like Cotto's low blows, which really looked like it knocked any chance Zab might have had, kinda like Hatton's ready, aim, ballshot on Tszyu...Tszyu had his hands full, but that 9th rd INTENTIONAL low blow I think sealed the deal. Zab was never great, maybe could've been, but mentally very little upstairs and a shitty corner ruined his career imo.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 16 2009, 06:59 PM) [snapback]428445[/snapback]
I disagree. For everyone two fights he tries in, he always has another one or two that he doesn't even try. Did you see his last fight, where he didn't listen to his corner? He didn't sit down in between rounds and was fighting with his corner during the fight? Then there were fights he had with someone like Pineda where he won a SD simply because he didn't try and nearly lost himself the fight.

i didnt see his last fight but i did see the clottey fight and i actually thought he quit in that fight.. i'm not on the band wagon of judah by no means and triing to give him the benefit of the doubt i would say he tries...lol.. in most of his fights... but i feel what you are saying cuzz like i said to me he quit in the clottey fight and i was even on here sayin i didnt wish to see him again and i will say this.. i think he needs to earn his shot again by beating at least 2 quality contenders before any shot at a title at any division... if he motivated he is a good fighter... even in losing he gave cotto and mosley tough fights for the most parts.. just my opinion..
BigG
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Mar 17 2009, 12:29 AM) [snapback]428450[/snapback]
But the flash and speed....when was the last time you saw it? I saw like two speedy combinations against Clottey, which were nice, but all blocked. He showed heart against Cotto, and I didn't like Cotto's low blows, which really looked like it knocked any chance Zab might have had, kinda like Hatton's ready, aim, ballshot on Tszyu...Tszyu had his hands full, but that 9th rd INTENTIONAL low blow I think sealed the deal. Zab was never great, maybe could've been, but mentally very little upstairs and a shitty corner ruined his career imo.

Zab was at a serious size and strenght vs. Corley....

Zab is too small for the Welterweights...
Brad
Zab Judah, still the fighter that fans love to hate. So many unworthy world title challengers each and every weekend but Zabs scorned lovers still focus on mere talks of Judah getting a title shot. Whats the matter, were you dating Judah when he was considered elite and now that he's a gatekeeper he won't pay your bills anymore? I agree with Big Slim, why aren't people talking about a Urango or Holt if you don't like Judah. I'm a fan, but even his fans can admit that he is kind of insignificant these days (he may come good), i'll always watch him fight but i'd have to be really bored and lonely to start freaking out and hyperventilating over any mention of Zab getting a major fight (for fuck sake some people have a hissy fit because there is talks of Zab getting a major fight, but the only person having them talks is Zab himself).
D-MARV
LOL... Zab is still a threat at 140
Brad
Judah won a pretty shit fight against Ernest Johnson but if it came down to it i'd pick Ernest Johnson over Michael Jennings and Alfonso Gomez, former world title challengers to Miguel Cotto. Undeserving fighters get title shots, its just the way it goes
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 16 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]428449[/snapback]
The last fight of his I saw was boring for 3 mins of every round. The excitement was in between rounds where he bahaved like a goose.

I don't care for him fighting I just like seeing him get busted up good.

Question...do you like any black fighters?

I'm in no way trying to call you a racist or prove that you are one...I'm just curious cause I cant recall you naming any that you've liked or given any a compliment. Just my observation and I could be totally wrong but I'm just curious.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 17 2009, 02:36 AM) [snapback]428463[/snapback]
Question...do you like any black fighters?

I'm in no way trying to call you a racist or prove that you are one...I'm just curious cause I cant recall you naming any that you've liked or given any a compliment. Just my observation and I could be totally wrong but I'm just curious.

Of course I do. Some have personalities I do not care for Zab being one of them.

Asides from my haterizing there are a number of dark skinned fighters I respect & quite like

Hopkins, Mosley, Lovemore Ndou & Dawson are all fighters I like. There are plenty from the past who I have a great deal of respect & admiration for such as Hagler & Hearns & many many more. That said those guys had stones in their cups not eggs.

There are a lot of fighters I like & to be honest I do prefer the "warrior" ones who are prepared to trade rather than run.

Coincidently the traders seem to be the Latino & caucasian fighters currently hence me liking them better.
Brad
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 17 2009, 12:52 PM) [snapback]428464[/snapback]
Coincidently the traders seem to be the Latino & caucasian fighters currently hence me liking them better.

In the sport that involves the art of hitting and not getting hit I think the traders are generally the less skilled, if the sport was as popular as it used to be and we had more club type fights involving lesser talents then there would be heaps more trading, regardless of colour.

I'd take a Floyd Mayweather fight over an Arturo Gatti fight anyday. Different preferences though thats all, not racial.

I also like the warrior who will get in there and bang you out hard but give me a warrior who has skill and talent and knows how to avoid a punch, Mike Tyson and Shane Mosley are two of my favourites who spring to mind as being warriors and with a whole lot more talent than a Chris Arreola or Arturo Gatti type.
STEVENSKI
I don't mean a face forward brawler like Gatti I just mean someone who is quite happy to take a punch to land a few of their own. Morales being a prime example of that. Highly skilled & savvy too boot but not afraid to stand toe to toe.
BigG
Sorry I love a good brawl but I'm with Brad in this one..I respect the science behind the sport more than the guys that just trade. The only P4Per I don't like watching is Calzaghe because to me his style is absolutely sloppy and horrendous...he really reminds me of Carlos Maussa...

My favorite fighters to watch today are Cotto, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Dawson, Montiel, Juan Manuel Lopez. Calderon, Juan Manuel Marquez, Berto, Penaslosa
BigG
Fitz, Duran is not really a brawler. He is highly skilled.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 16 2009, 10:29 PM) [snapback]428468[/snapback]
Morales was a hardcore warrior with some serious skill. One of the few guys with best of both worlds.

Agreed. I think he was better than both Barrera and Marquez...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 17 2009, 04:59 AM) [snapback]428474[/snapback]
Fitz, Duran is not really a brawler. He is highly skilled.

At kicking ass whereas PBF is not.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 17 2009, 01:43 AM) [snapback]428479[/snapback]
At kicking ass whereas PBF is not.

Floyd would have whooped Duran.

I'd take a skillful fighter over a brawler anyday. But brawlers are more entertaining while they last. With that fighting style your career wont last too long. Mayorga is an exception.
Douchebag
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 17 2009, 02:33 AM) [snapback]428482[/snapback]

I'd take a skillful fighter over a brawler anyday. But brawlers are more entertaining while they last. With that fighting style your career wont last too long. Mayorga is an exception.

at 147 floyd could outbox Duran. At 135 Duran puts gives floyd a beating. believe it.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 17 2009, 10:14 AM) [snapback]428497[/snapback]
at 147 floyd could outbox Duran. At 135 Duran puts gives floyd a beating. believe it.

I agree with this. If Floyd had two close fights(the second one included) with JLC, I imagine he could not have handled Duran at lightweight who was a beast.
D-MARV
I think thats why many (including myself) would put Duran in the top 8 G.O.A.T!

He had had ELITE boxing skills but could brawl with the best of them. Certified Gangsta if you ask me.
Big Slim Sweet
Duran would have beaten Floyd the fuck up at 135. At 147 maybe Floyd manages to potshot his way to victory. It wouldn't be as easy as potshotting Baldomir though, that's for sure.

See, this is the kind of thread we should be having on fighthype: Who wins Duran or PBF? Not another, 'Oh geez, what should Zab do next guys? If he loses 3 or 4 more fights he might be facing journeyman status soon.' Zab IS a journeyman. Hey, I like watching the guy fight too, but how many more ways does he need to fail for everyone to realize it's over? His stupidity trumped his ability and rendered him totally irrelevant. He should be viewed as such.
stillperpetuallygrooving
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 17 2009, 12:08 PM) [snapback]428510[/snapback]
Duran would have beaten Floyd the fuck up at 135. At 147 maybe Floyd manages to potshot his way to victory. It wouldn't be as easy as potshotting Baldomir though, that's for sure.

See, this is the kind of thread we should be having on fighthype: Who wins Duran or PBF? Not another, 'Oh geez, what should Zab do next guys? If he loses 3 or 4 more fights he might be facing journeyman status soon.' Zab IS a journeyman. Hey, I like watching the guy fight too, but how many more ways does he need to fail for everyone to realize it's over? His stupidity trumped his ability and rendered him totally irrelevant. He should be viewed as such.

EXACTLY, but I just dont understand why some people hold him as a guy that is worthy of the big time fights, and a legit threat for champ...hahaha, and i find it hilarious how stupid zab is and how ridiculous he acts and looks in ALL his videos on youtube.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 17 2009, 06:33 AM) [snapback]428482[/snapback]

laugh.gif The same PBF that struggled twice with Castillo at 135? Jesus son you keep smoking those Nat Shermans they do you the world of good. PBF vs Duran at 135 would have been ugly, calculated & ended badly for PBF. Duran could outbox him outbrawl him & outfox him. Duran 10 out of 10 times IMO.
BigG
Sorry STEVENSKI, I've seen alot of both Duran and Mayweather and Duran wouldn't beat Mayweather as easy as you say. It would've been a real competitive fight but in the end Mayweather losses but he wont take a beating like you say he would.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 17 2009, 11:03 PM) [snapback]428581[/snapback]
Sorry STEVENSKI, I've seen alot of both Duran and Mayweather and Duran wouldn't beat Mayweather as easy as you say. It would've been a real competitive fight but in the end Mayweather losses but he wont take a beating like you say he would.

I think differently. I just don't see PBF having the firepower to keep Duran off. Duran would slip inside & BBQ those ribs. It is only my opinion but it would be a brutal calculated beatdown. PBF is skilled but he has never been to war with any fighter whereas Duran would go to war at the drop of a dime.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 17 2009, 10:24 AM) [snapback]428499[/snapback]
I agree with this. If Floyd had two close fights(the second one included) with JLC, I imagine he could not have handled Duran at lightweight who was a beast.

I think your under estimating JLC. In his prime he was a damn good fighter!
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 17 2009, 06:57 PM) [snapback]428580[/snapback]
laugh.gif The same PBF that struggled twice with Castillo at 135? Jesus son you keep smoking those Nat Shermans they do you the world of good. PBF vs Duran at 135 would have been ugly, calculated & ended badly for PBF. Duran could outbox him outbrawl him & outfox him. Duran 10 out of 10 times IMO.

I totally disagree. It would be a lot closer than your predicting. For some reason people keep forgetting Floyd can brawl as well. Look at the fight he had with Chop Chop or whatever the hell his nickname was and the fight with N'Dou. He brawled a lot in those fights and was damn good at it. In the inside you wont get too many clean shots on Floyd and everybody knows that. He is one of the best at adjusting to a fighters style through out the fight. And Duran outbox Floyd? LMAO yea um...that aint happening. I'm a fan of Floyd but not a nutt hugger like I am with Roy(I'm not afraid to admit it) but I believe a lot of guys are picking Duran over Floyd more out of hate for the guy instead of recognizing his true skill. Yes its true he hasn't fought all the fights we as fans thinks he should have but regardless of what you want to say he's damn good and can fight any type of fight.

Duran is a beast and an all time great and NOBODY can dispute that. Tell you the truth I'd pick KT over Duran at 140.

I know it was late in his career but didnt Duran lose to Pazzienza?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 17 2009, 08:33 PM) [snapback]428591[/snapback]
I totally disagree. It would be a lot closer than your predicting. For some reason people keep forgetting Floyd can brawl as well. Look at the fight he had with Chop Chop or whatever the hell his nickname was and the fight with N'Dou. He brawled a lot in those fights and was damn good at it. In the inside you wont get too many clean shots on Floyd and everybody knows that. He is one of the best at adjusting to a fighters style through out the fight. And Duran outbox Floyd? LMAO yea um...that aint happening. I'm a fan of Floyd but not a nutt hugger like I am with Roy(I'm not afraid to admit it) but I believe a lot of guys are picking Duran over Floyd more out of hate for the guy instead of recognizing his true skill. Yes its true he hasn't fought all the fights we as fans thinks he should have but regardless of what you want to say he's damn good and can fight any type of fight.

Duran is a beast and an all time great and NOBODY can dispute that. Tell you the truth I'd pick KT over Duran at 140.

I know it was late in his career but didnt Duran lose to Pazzienza?

Sorry 3KING3, but I agree with Stevenski here, and this has nothing to do with hate. I loved SRL growing up, and was devestated when he lost to Duran in Montreal(though he was the only fighter I really followed back then). Duran was a monster in that fight, and I see no version of Floyd that could handle Duran at all. And I hate fn Duran!!! JLC was real good, but he was no Duran, and Floyd had his hands full with JLC in both fights. Duran threw more punches and had way more hurt on his punches than JLC. Plus Floyd did not have the pop that SRL had, Duran would maul the shit out of Floyd for a late stoppage or a unanimous decision.

As far as the Pazienza-Duran fight, damn that was a while ago, but Duran was fat and probably in his 40's at the time. I think Paz took a decision in it, but from what I remember it was disputed. In fact I think Duran dropped Pazienza too, and I thought he outboxed Paz and kind of embarrassed him. Duran was such a shell of himself in that fight, and he still hung with a much younger Pazienza.
STEVENSKI
I agree it is not based on my pathalogical hate of PBF rather than the sound logic of looking at their respective careers especially at the 135 range.

Duran was a BEAST at 135-147. PBF had some (not much admittedly) early difficulty with Hatton at 147. That is considered PBF at his best at 47. Put the Duran from Montreal in there with him over 15 & it ain't going the distance.

People talk about PBF stepping up at 154 to fight a meal ticket in DLH like it is a achievement. I consider hanging with a real ATG like Hagler in his prime at his true weight to be a far more remarkable & recognisable feat.

STEVENSKI
The only thing PBF gets is a beating. You can all fantasise about him using his patented shoulder roll & leaping hooks all you like. Teh fact is that none of that shit will phase let alone stop Duran. It will really only anger him & make him hurt PBF more.

Seriously Duran was like Vic D insofar as he enjoyed hurting his opponents & where possible he prolonged the pain. Look at his Davey Moore fight for a perfect example of what a mean nasty Duran did to people who slighted him.

PBF could talk all the smack at the press conferences & make his predictions. That would only serve him getting a more severe beating.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 17 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]428609[/snapback]
LOL. You realise he only brawls with fighters who aren't physically stronger than him? Don't use Chop Chop or N'Dou as a benchmark on what he will do with Duran, lol. He was literally running and on the backfoot with Baldomir, and resorted to pot shotting with one punch at a time, and he will brawl with Duran? I don't think so.

In the first Castillo fight, after 10 rounds of boxing off the backfoot he stood his ground as if to try and say to Castillo "I'm just as tough as you are" and while he had some success, he was back to boxing in the 12th round, running is more like it as he didn't do anything in that last stanza. In fact it seemed to me somewhat an act of desperation. So I agree with you, Mayweather CAN fight in the pocket but it depends against who. And that certainly doesn't include a prime Duran.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 17 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]428590[/snapback]
I think your under estimating JLC. In his prime he was a damn good fighter!

Damn Right!!!

JLC was always an awesome fighter. {Excluding his lost to Hatton}.

JLC was the only one in 38 fights who made Floyd come close to fighting an all-out leave it all in the ring type of fight.

Prior to the first fight with Warrior Corrales, no one had ever come close to putting him down.
Lil-lightsout
Just wanted to say 19 years ago to the day was Chavez-Taylor I. I was a senior in high school, and still remember watching it live with a lot of my friends, man... time flys. Rumor has it at this time BG started idolizing this very young grade schooler who fought amateur named Zab.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 18 2009, 03:39 AM) [snapback]428632[/snapback]
Who remembers in the DLH fight, in the 12th round, when Mayweather heard the 10 second warning, and the one and only time in the fight, he quickly stood his ground and traded for those final 10 seconds, lol.

Those 10 seconds showed what he is made of. He is a hero to the masses & has the heart of a lion.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 17 2009, 09:53 PM) [snapback]428606[/snapback]
I agree it is not based on my pathalogical hate of PBF rather than the sound logic of looking at their respective careers especially at the 135 range.

Duran was a BEAST at 135-147. PBF had some (not much admittedly) early difficulty with Hatton at 147. That is considered PBF at his best at 47. Put the Duran from Montreal in there with him over 15 & it ain't going the distance.

People talk about PBF stepping up at 154 to fight a meal ticket in DLH like it is a achievement. I consider hanging with a real ATG like Hagler in his prime at his true weight to be a far more remarkable & recognisable feat.

I understand our points and they are valid. But I dont think you should be able to say "put the Duran from Montreal in there" cause it kind of makes it sound like your saying he wasn't consistant with that type of fight. But as I once stated I take nothing from Duran but its just my opinion that he wouldn't beat Floyd in the fashion your stating.
And by no means do I consider beating DLH at 154 a hugh achievement.
Hanging with a fighter dont count. Thats like saying almost and could have but at the end of the day he didnt.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 17 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]428609[/snapback]
LOL. You realise he only brawls with fighters who aren't physically stronger than him? Don't use Chop Chop or N'Dou as a benchmark on what he will do with Duran, lol. He was literally running and on the backfoot with Baldomir, and resorted to pot shotting with one punch at a time, and he will brawl with Duran? I don't think so.

Not saying he would but what I'm saying is he could if he wanted to. Floyd is too smart of a fighter to do that all night like Leonard did their first fight. Floyd would out box him just like Leonard did the second fight. A win is a win no matter how uncrowd pleasing it is.

So my question is...what was the excuse for the Hearns fight?
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 17 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]428632[/snapback]
Yep. Like I said, he can fight, but it depends on the opposition. He did it against Gatti and Hatton as well, but they are guys who are not all that much physically stronger or bigger than him.
It's funny you mentioned after going 10 rounds with Castillo, he stood his ground to fight and then went back to boxing in the 12th. Who remembers in the DLH fight, in the 12th round, when Mayweather heard the 10 second warning, and the one and only time in the fight, he quickly stood his ground and traded for those final 10 seconds, lol.

But why do it if you dont have to, to win? Like he said in the post fight interview...that was just to please the crowd a little bit.
BigG
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 18 2009, 03:39 AM) [snapback]428632[/snapback]
Yep. Like I said, he can fight, but it depends on the opposition. He did it against Gatti and Hatton as well, but they are guys who are not all that much physically stronger or bigger than him.
It's funny you mentioned after going 10 rounds with Castillo, he stood his ground to fight and then went back to boxing in the 12th. Who remembers in the DLH fight, in the 12th round, when Mayweather heard the 10 second warning, and the one and only time in the fight, he quickly stood his ground and traded for those final 10 seconds, lol.

So what? DLH made Mayweather move up in weight and Mayweather was the smaller man. Maywetaher BEAT DLH in the way does best..smart boxing. Mayweather is not physically strong. he is a small welterweight...Jesus Chavez in his prime fought Mayweather at 130 and Floyd fought him in the pocket alot like Toney fought Jirov and beat him up that way. Same with Hernandez (Carlos and Genaro). Ricky Hatton got dominated by Mayweather on the inside. Baldomir is just an ackward ass fighter and Mayweather beat him the best way he knows how to. He pressed Judah all night like Clottey did. Same with Sharmba Mitchell, Corley, etc etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.