Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kimbo slice
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
they must know he's not gonna make it in the mma world so they are gonna put him in the ring.. he is gonna get murdered... think mark gastineaux in the past and the other big non skilled guys they have put in the ring...lol.. he is 35.. they should have continued to make fights with old has beens in the mma.. maybe his pro debut can be a ray mercer rematch... mercer would kill him in a stand up contest... i think even bob sapp would whack him out..
D-MARV
GREAT! Line him up with Mike Tyson right away!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 17 2009, 01:26 PM) [snapback]428523[/snapback]
GREAT! Line him up with Mike Tyson right away!

lol.. i would acctually pay to see that.. i dont think he could beat mike.. id like to see mike with one more night of glory in a fight he can actually win...lol...
Nay_Sayer
I smell a RJJ vs Kimbo Slice PPV in the making.

You heard it here first.

lol...
stillperpetuallygrooving
Hahaha Kimbo got knocked straight the fuck out...he is a beast and all but he just didnt have the background or experience to be a serious competitor in MMA, as far as boxing, i actually think he could beat a lot of the heavyweight garbage around especially if he could attract a good trainer, who knows for a paycheck anyone will train anyone...if nazim or roach trained him up he could crack some heads...but he is too old to ever be a legit contender or anything.
D-MARV
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 17 2009, 02:45 PM) [snapback]428528[/snapback]
Hahaha Kimbo got knocked straight the fuck out...he is a beast and all but he just didnt have the background or experience to be a serious competitor in MMA, as far as boxing, i actually think he could beat a lot of the heavyweight garbage around especially if he could attract a good trainer, who knows for a paycheck anyone will train anyone...if nazim or roach trained him up he could crack some heads...but he is too old to ever be a legit contender or anything.

If he was KO'd by an off balance, falling backwards jab... What the fuck do you think a Wladimir Right Hand would do to him
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 17 2009, 01:52 PM) [snapback]428529[/snapback]
If he was KO'd by an off balance, falling backwards jab... What the fuck do you think a Wladimir Right Hand would do to him

lol.. klitschko.... what about a cedrick fields type fighter?.... kimbo wont get past those types of guys... the punch that knocked him down didnt look to hard... kimbo would have to be moved so easy its not even funny...
JLUVBABY
tell you what would be fun... lets name all the bum fighters that could beat kimbo impressively...

cedrick fields is my first choice.. i will think of more and post later...
The CEO
You remember that scene at the end of The Fly where Jeff Goldblum's going through the final metamorphosis, and his body is falling apart?...he's walkin' towards Geena Davis, and she puts her hand on his face and accidentally pulls his mandible off?

That's how weak Kimbo's chin is....
thehype
Just to clarify, he didn't get knocked out by a jab...he got dropped by a jab after he was kicked in the gut...then Petruzelli pounced on him and finished the job with some clubbing right hands to the side of the head.

Not that it matters...just a clarification.

As for the bum fighters that could beat him, I think that's debateable. I'm sure there's quite a few that probably would beat him...but I bet there's probably a couple he just might be able to blast out of there. Cliff Couser comes to mind...totally shot, but a decent enough name to test the waters with. Assuming he got past him, perhaps a Bruce Seldon type...aged champion....someone who's scared of his own shadow and has been known to get knocked out from the devastating gush of wind generated by a fast right hand. Two quick wins like that....like NaySayer said, I can definitely see a battle for Florida between Kimbo and Roy Jones Jr. on the horizon. LOL.

I mean, come on...Slice vs. Roy Jones Jr....I bet if they made that fight right now, it would do better numbers than Jones vs. Sheika.

laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
If Butterbean can get 60-70+ wins, I am sure they can find enough fodder for Kimbo so they can make some money off his name. Maybe we can see a rematch with Ray Mercer in a boxing ring this time? Or maybe a Butterbean fight? Of course he ain't going to win any belts or anything, he is just in it to make some money. Can not blame him.
Spyder
Seriously...

Camacho jr
Chavez jr
Chyna Smith
Brian Nielson
Tye Fields
MOST European fighters

Boxing is FULL of hype jobs...Kimbo will find a home on DKP undercards just like butterbean and Christy Martin did.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 17 2009, 02:14 PM) [snapback]428548[/snapback]
Two quick wins like that....like NaySayer said, I can definitely see a battle for Florida between Kimbo and Roy Jones Jr. on the horizon. LOL.

I mean, come on...Slice vs. Roy Jones Jr....I bet if they made that fight right now, it would do better numbers than Jones vs. Sheika.

laugh.gif

If this fight were to get made [come on, this is Boxing - stranger things have happened] I got a fresh crisp new $20 dollar bill on ole Kimbo. Any takers?
Nay_Sayer
Damn, I just had a thought.....

What if they make him cut the beard?
BigG
Camacho jr
Chavez jr
Chyna Smith
Brian Nielson
Tye Fields
MOST European fighters

Chavez Jr. is kind of a hype job but he is legit...he has some skills...Camacho Jr. has some skill as well..

KIMBO is a fraud...he will get owned in pro Boxing.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 17 2009, 03:14 PM) [snapback]428548[/snapback]
Just to clarify, he didn't get knocked out by a jab...he got dropped by a jab after he was kicked in the gut...then Petruzelli pounced on him and finished the job with some clubbing right hands to the side of the head.

Not that it matters...just a clarification.

As for the bum fighters that could beat him, I think that's debateable. I'm sure there's quite a few that probably would beat him...but I bet there's probably a couple he just might be able to blast out of there. Cliff Couser comes to mind...totally shot, but a decent enough name to test the waters with. Assuming he got past him, perhaps a Bruce Seldon type...aged champion....someone who's scared of his own shadow and has been known to get knocked out from the devastating gush of wind generated by a fast right hand. Two quick wins like that....like NaySayer said, I can definitely see a battle for Florida between Kimbo and Roy Jones Jr. on the horizon. LOL.

laugh.gif

bruce seldon would destroy slice...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 17 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]428529[/snapback]

Good good things.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 17 2009, 06:04 PM) [snapback]428582[/snapback]
Good good things.

good things stevenski?... very very very very good things...lol
JLUVBABY
i told you guys i would add a list and this is part one of that list since i havent put much thought process into it.. i might do it later while im in the bathroom... but for now this is what i came up with... i will call part one not full time fighters... i think the likes of: bobb sapp and butterbean clean his clock in one round.... i also think ray mercer in a boxing ring gets revenge for that fiasco that took place... tyson was mentioned and i think tyson kicks his ass.. even now.. kimbo is not ever gonna be a world beater... fighting trained athletes and wino's in a backyard is too diffrent things.. if gannon a fat out of shape cop can beat him think of what even these old well past their prime fighters will do to him....i dont blame kimibo tho.. get paid.. we wont see him on the undercard of don king like some one mentioned cuzz king is for the most part semi retired but we will see him most likely as a side show on showtime... and eventually just like with all other side shows in the past you run into a fighter that you have to really know how to fight and take a fight in order to win and we'll see it... again... mitchell rose comes to my mind with butterbean... butterbean had the power to be a threat with the skills to be a teddy bear... anyway.. debate on my friends...
Spyder
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 17 2009, 05:24 PM) [snapback]428559[/snapback]
Chavez Jr. is kind of a hype job but he is legit...he has some skills...Camacho Jr. has some skill as well..

KIMBO is a fraud...he will get owned in pro Boxing.

They have some skill, just like Carlos Maussa has some skill...but Maussa also has HEART.

Those fools are a product of clever matchmaking, and a famous last name. Don't front BG! laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 17 2009, 05:16 PM) [snapback]428555[/snapback]
If this fight were to get made [come on, this is Boxing - stranger things have happened] I got a fresh crisp new $20 dollar bill on ole Kimbo. Any takers?

We can pay pal that. Roy would outbox him all the way to a decision. You know Kimbo dont have any stamina. He'd get smashed when he got taken in to the deep waters by any boxer that can take him there.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 17 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]428558[/snapback]
Great, as long as we see him knocked out cold and people start to fear for his safety as he isn't moving for a quarter of an hour.

Dang, did Stevenski long in under your screen name? laugh.gif
AussieLad
I seriously doubt kimbo's chin is as bad as his loss suggests. I mean come on... a fucking arm punch jab while the dude is up against the fence? Not even Zab Glass Jaw Judah gets KO'd by one of those. I reckon kimbo got laid out cold in sparring and was still suffering the consequences come fight time.

Kimbo hasnt got much chance of making it big in boxing or MMA. He shouldve stuck with beating the shit out of over the hill boxers in MMA
Spyder
I remember him taking some clean shots off the chin during his first youtube fight. lol

Didn't Forrest Griffen drop him in sparring? Maybe Aussielad is right and he is still feeling the residual from that.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 17 2009, 07:36 PM) [snapback]428585[/snapback]
i told you guys i would add a list and this is part one of that list since i havent put much thought process into it.. i might do it later while im in the bathroom... but for now this is what i came up with... i will call part one not full time fighters... i think the likes of: bobb sapp and butterbean clean his clock in one round.... i also think ray mercer in a boxing ring gets revenge for that fiasco that took place... tyson was mentioned and i think tyson kicks his ass.. even now.. kimbo is not ever gonna be a world beater... fighting trained athletes and wino's in a backyard is too diffrent things.. if gannon a fat out of shape cop can beat him think of what even these old well past their prime fighters will do to him....i dont blame kimibo tho.. get paid.. we wont see him on the undercard of don king like some one mentioned cuzz king is for the most part semi retired but we will see him most likely as a side show on showtime... and eventually just like with all other side shows in the past you run into a fighter that you have to really know how to fight and take a fight in order to win and we'll see it... again... mitchell rose comes to my mind with butterbean... butterbean had the power to be a threat with the skills to be a teddy bear... anyway.. debate on my friends...

I'll tell you, I would love to see a 4 or 6 round fight between Kimbo and any of the following:

Tyson
Butterbean
Mercer
Larry Holmes
Ali (i think even with parkinsons he's got enough to whoop that shitbag)
Joe Louis's corpse

Kimbo won't just not beat a world beater, he won;t beat any trained professional boxer that is worth anything. Shit I bet Johnny Blazes's trainer would kick his ass also. I think that guy punches through steel columns with his jab. Shit, Blaze might kick his ass also. That's the real matchup I'd like to see, Blaze vs Kimbo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.