Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abraham vs. Forrest this summer?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18950

I personally think its a bad fight for Vernon. Hell the Martinez fight is a bad fight for Vernon. I'd much rather him lose his belt to Martinez than avoid him and give up the belt just to take on Abraham unless Abraham's title is on the line. If he wins people will say Vernon vacated the belt for bigger and better things, if he lose people will say he was scared of Martinez. Thats just my opinion.

Discuss...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I too thing this a bad fight for The Viper.

When I first had a good look at Abraham during his initial bout with Miranda I didn't think much of him (Miranda was robbed in that fight). However since then he's really developed into a mean machine. I'd say it would be a pick 'em against Pavlik and Vernon gets beaten badly if they tangle.
D-MARV
Sadly, The Viper wll be going to sleep in this fight.
Lil-lightsout
Abraham would probably stop Forrest, but maybe Vernon could make it intersting for a while with his skills in there?
Nay_Sayer
I wasn't too impressed with Abraham early on in the Miranda rematch. None of those European tomato cans Abraham has made a career of feasting on bring to the table Vernon's skill set.

I smell an upset in the making....
JLUVBABY
this is a bad fight for vernon.. abraham will be too big for him i think.. vernon is a shell of what he used to be.. i still think to him losing to mora.. and i thought and i am sure most of you as well that he lost to a ike quartey that hadnt fought in years. vernon should stay at 154 and finish off his career but hey.. he's chasing money...
stillperpetuallygrooving
it just seems like mosely/margarito, pvlik/bhop all over again..with vernon being the old fighter at the end of his career, and abraham being the heavy favorite going in the fight. i don't know, it will be a cool fight to watch...but i think i speak for everyone when i say that pavlik/abraham is a much more preferred match..abraham/forrest; pavlik/mora in summer and then pavlik/abraham in december...as long as they both win, im guessing they will..but i really would not be suprised if vernon gets in that ass...

but then again it would be just as easy to picture abraham beat the shit out of son.
Nay_Sayer
Too bad Forrest can't make 147 anymore. He could make a lot of noise there...
D-MARV
No Upset here... Just a lot of Pain. Vernon is tough and has heart so He may see the final bell But I expect Vernon to take a brutal beating.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 18 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]428721[/snapback]
No Upset here... Just a lot of Pain. Vernon is tough and has heart so He may see the final bell But I expect Vernon to take a brutal beating.

whole lot of pain...
King Eugene
You guys sound like Clubber Lang lol.
JD
The Viper is going to be put to sleep.

He is front foot heavy, and he is not going to be able to get out of the way of Abraham.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 20 2009, 08:42 AM) [snapback]428948[/snapback]
The Viper is going to be put to sleep.

He is front foot heavy, and he is not going to be able to get out of the way of Abraham.

Good call... It will get pretty brutal
JLUVBABY
its starting to look like a cash out fight for forrest... i dont see why his people would even think about this fight... forrest has more than enough work at 154 to take care of... or at least try to take care of...
King Eugene
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 01:37 PM) [snapback]428989[/snapback]
its starting to look like a cash out fight for forrest... i dont see why his people would even think about this fight... forrest has more than enough work at 154 to take care of... or at least try to take care of...

Yea but there is no big fights with low risk out there for him at 154. Paul Williams is who I want to see him against but we all know thats not happening. Hell if he and Winky would put their friendship aside they could fight at 154. I guess he wants to go up and get a middle weight belt. One thing you gotta say is he got some balls for going right after the champ like that.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 21 2009, 01:55 AM) [snapback]429093[/snapback]
Yea but there is no big fights with low risk out there for him at 154. Paul Williams is who I want to see him against but we all know thats not happening. Hell if he and Winky would put their friendship aside they could fight at 154. I guess he wants to go up and get a middle weight belt. One thing you gotta say is he got some balls for going right after the champ like that.

if that fight happens abraham is going to take him out of there and forrest either retires or goes back down to 154 and goes into gatekeeper type status.. its obvious he's slipping.. he's starting to have his on off days in the ring ala the first mora fight... he has more than enough company at 154 to keep him busy... yes he has balls going after abraham but if he is smart he could still have a few good years left in him at 154... abraham is gonna end that for him...
MarzB
Sorry I got Vernon all the way in this one and I'm certain this is more lucrative than Martinez fight.

Abraham is solid but he's still a euro stiff by my eyes. The size difference is overrated as i'm certain Vernon has sparred with big guys before.

I think this is great match-making by Al Haymon. Bigger name $$ wise, decent risk and nothing to lose should he lose. I say this with a qualifier for Vernon, he CAN NOT have ANY lingering injury issues in this fight.

Long as he has his bag a tricks I can see him easily having a points win.
D-MARV
QUOTE(MarzB @ Mar 21 2009, 09:17 PM) [snapback]429185[/snapback]
Sorry I got Vernon all the way in this one and I'm certain this is more lucrative than Martinez fight.

Abraham is solid but he's still a euro stiff by my eyes. The size difference is overrated as i'm certain Vernon has sparred with big guys before.

I think this is great match-making by Al Haymon. Bigger name $$ wise, decent risk and nothing to lose should he lose. I say this with a qualifier for Vernon, he CAN NOT have ANY lingering injury issues in this fight.

So after he Manslaughters Vernon, will he still be Euro Stiff?
JD
QUOTE(MarzB @ Mar 21 2009, 09:17 PM) [snapback]429185[/snapback]

Boy are you going to be surprised.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 22 2009, 12:02 AM) [snapback]429213[/snapback]
Boy are you going to be surprised.

lmao
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.