Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pet Thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Spyder
So me and my wife have decided to expand our family and rescue a dog from the pound...I'm REALLY psyched about this and it inspired me to start this thread.

He's an American Bulldog named "Ed". I'm not the type of guy that gets intimidated, but this dog had me star struck! lol I said outloud, "Wow!" We went looking for a smaller dog, but couldn't stop petting and hanging out with Ed. About an hour later we decided to adopt him. We have to pass a home inspection...to make sure that I own a house with a fenced in yard...but after that I get to take him home tomorrow!

I'll post a pic when I get one...

I was going to just make it a dog thread, but I'm sure that you guys have other pets that you probably consider family members. You all know that I can't leave anyone out! haha
Fitz
Dogs are the best. They are better and more reliable than a lot of humans, lol. Post pics when you get them. I might post some of mine when I get home, though I have posted some here before of her.
King Eugene
Ah man thats whats up. I love dogs, we use to breed pit bulls when I was growing up. Then for a while I didn't get anymore cause we moved from the country to the city and Pit Bulls were not allowed in most apartment complexes. Well when I moved out on my own I got me another Pit and he lived in my apt. with me. No one knew I had him unless they actually came in. I rarely took him out during the day but we was always out and about at night. That was my baby...we went every where together, Christmas and thanksgiving dinner, Church cookouts, and even family reunions. When photographers actually allowed it he even came with me to some of my photoshoots. Hell one photographer even had me shoot with him just for the fun of it and cause he knew how much I loved that dog. We pretty much did everything together but take a bath together. When my girlfriend would come over and spend the night he would slide right between us in the middle of the bed. LOL he was so damn stubborn too. He wouldn't move for nothing. When we was about to go to bed he would hurry up and jump in the bed just to get his spot before I got in the bed. LOL He was so wild though cause I didn't get him fixed. I use to have a time giving him a bath...the whole bathroom floor would be wet by the time we got finished. My parents had me and his picture hanging up in the house along with all the other family portraits. Damn I loved that dog, then one day I came home and he wasn't looking good at all. I took him to the vet immediately and he was diagnosed with Provo. The treatment was super expensive...way more than I could fork out all at one time all of a sudden. They had to put him to sleep. I cried for two days straight nor did I go to work. That was my baby...he died last June. I haven't thought about getting another dog since cause I still aint over him yet.

So trust me I feel the love that some folks have for their pets.

His name was Raz but he would respond to razzyfizzle, fizzle dizzle, and stinkmeaner. LOL DAMN I miss my baby!
Spyder
The end is pretty sad, but having a tight bond with a dog is pretty cool.

What's provo? I've heard of that before...

I checked with my insurance company, and they don't cover dog attacks...so it's up to me and my wife to make sure that he is WELL versed socially. I've been thinking about him all morning! laugh.gif

5 o'clock can't come soon enough!!
ROLL DEEP
Dogs are THE best pets to have.

Period.

My family and I have always had Alsations. They're such beautiful dogs. I love them to death. When our last one died, my paretn brought two Jack Russels. They're both full of character and brilliant little things....never thought I'd like little dogs being brought up on big Alsations, but I love 'em! Crazy little bastards!

My sister has a Pyrenese (sp?) Mountain dog. It is a MASSIVE ball of fluff. Beautiful animal.

I don't understand why people would have a cat over a dog. Well, cats are easier to look after, but other then that? Dogs every time!

Spyder, nice one for rescuing a dog from the pound rather than getting a 'new' dog.

The CEO
We got a dog named Flip (Dachshund/Yorkie or Schnauzer mix), a cat named Chloe, and a hermit crab called Sebastien...

Like Spyder with Ed....we found Flip at the pound....after we took him home, he suddenly became seriously ill....he was diagnosed with the same disease I think King's dog had....it seems he contracted it during his stay at the pound...it's called Parvo...

Luckily, we were able to save him....he's a very loyal dog...very distinguished looking....but I have to tell y'all....he's extremely spoiled and is an ungrateful bastard...lol....I won't go into it because it makes me mad just thinkin' about some of his behavior...

Our cat, Chloe, is pretty awesome....she's very original and wild looking....we got her from a lady who lives way out in the Kuntry....lol.....I truly believe one of her parents had to be a Wildcat or a Bobcat....but she's as sweet and as well behaved as can be...I've always been a Dog man...but cats have been growing on me for a while now....
Method
"Mojo".

Pit.

RIP.

Used to take him mountain biking and skiing when I live in Jackson Hole WY. Then used to run him in the dumps when I had him in the Bronx.

Sick dog.

Don't have any pics on computer, unfortunately.

Bad-assed dog. Trained him very well.

Grew up breeding and competing black lab for field/hunting competitions, so have been around dogs my whole life.

This is NOT him, but this was his color...tiger striped orange brindle...

Spyder
I've never heard of Alsations before, but they look kind of like German Shepards. Roll, are they from the same family?

Luckily, we were able to save him....he's a very loyal dog...very distinguished looking....but I have to tell y'all....he's extremely spoiled and is an ungrateful bastard...lol....I won't go into it because it makes me mad just thinkin' about some of his behavior...

laugh.gif

This had me LMAO! You got me interested...

Meth you satyed in Jackson Hole? We were looking to honeymoon there...some of those cabins look amazing!

So my wife was so excited this morning that she went to work and told everyone about Ed...but rather than be happy for her, those assholes told her how bad American Bulldogs are! This shit pisses me off... aggressive.gif

They try to categorize certain breeds as being bad/dangerous, and tell her that we won't be able to get home insurance. They told her that A. Bully's are attack dogs, and you can't leave them around children...bullshit just to piss on her parade. Fuck those assholes!

So being the loving husband that I am...hehe...when she told me that one of them raises mini schnauzers, I googled mini schnauzer attacks and sent her links to the articles. I told her to email that bitch how bad mini schnauzers are, and to say that she should have them put down so that no one gets hurt.

Yeah, I teach my woman to go for the knockout!

laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
Meth, was it you that told the story here a while back about trying to sic your pit on a moose once? And when the pit got close and saw how huge the moose was it immediately turned and trotted back to you even while still barking at the moose? You saying Jackson Hole made me think of that. I remember getting a good chuckle reading and picturing it in my head.

I have an Aerdale Terrier, which if anyone doesn't know are one of THE most stubborn and energetic breeds on the planet. Beautiful looking, very distinguished (I like that word for a dog, CEO). She's two, still a full-blown pain in the ass puppy, begging for attention, goes nuts around other dogs and damn near pulls my shoulder out when I'm walking her and she sees one. My daughter loves her though and she's incredibly patient and gentle with her, so for that she has my love and devotion.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 19 2009, 10:57 AM) [snapback]428844[/snapback]
I've never heard of Alsations before, but they look kind of like German Shepards. Roll, are they from the same family?

Yeah, I think so.

I've been told that they are different dogs, but they're pretty much the same dog. I love 'em!
Spyder
Two more hours and Ed meets bail! clapping.gif
Al Hata

I had a pet alligator a few years ago in my last year of college. He was a couple feet long, a year old or so. I had him living in my closet where I set up a pretty cool enclosure, lots of space, water, good lighting. It was awesome. Feeding time was the best, helped me bag a lot of girls even though it was violent as hell.

One time I got back from the bars and he bit me on the lip. Don't ask how it happened. You know how it is, wasted after hours, someones passing around an alligator.

Shit happens.

A few weeks before my lease ran out, I got into some legal trouble and had to get rid of the poor guy because they are illegal in my state and I didn't want to get into any more trouble than I already was. There was no option and I knew he wouldn't survive in the wild with the weather around here. So, I pulled a prank and released him in our student center. It was wild man, bitches screaming and people running out of there. The security guard eventually got him contained and took him to a pet store down the street, which in turn took him to a zoo so it worked out ok.

The funniest part was that the next day after the release, there were a lot of newspaper articles about it and I had people calling me and asking if it was my gator. I obvioulsly said no and they bought it. It's like, how many other pet alligators are there in new jersey? LOL.

Currently have a pet alligator snapping turtle, he's real cool and real easy to take care of. He's about to taste mammals for the first time, should be epic. Also had a few snakes back in the day, a ball python and a boa. They were bad ass too, although they escaped once and the girls I was living with at the time were not happy. Luckily, I found them later that night hiding in the couch.

Spyder
laugh.gif

Man those are some wild stories. I couldn't even imagine trying to care for a Gator...how did you get it in the first place? The only exotic pets we had in college were a couple of ducks...well that's not counting the African Buffo Toad that we got one of our roommates to lick. lol

Ok, so Ed's rescue was more difficult/rewarding than expected...but in order to spare you guys needless details:

Ed is home!!!!

The CEO
Spyder....my dog is a fucking ASSHOLE...and I let him know this all the time....I've called him every name in the book....like "dickhead" and "fuckface" or "fuckin' jerk"...but most of the time I go with the straight up "you ungrateful bastard"....lol...I mean....we saved this dog's life, and this is how he repaid us.......I have to say he's been much better since we've moved...only had 2 incidents in a month and a half....but what he's done can't be forgiven or forgotten...

Here's just ONE of the dick moves this fucker used to pull.....it's all about entitlement and spiteful shit....literally...for instance...we'll give him some scraps from the table here and there (I know that's wrong but stay with me)....let's say we were eating steak....if this prick didn't get any steak one night, he'd watch us and the meat intently and alternately as if to say..."I know you're gonna give me some of that, right?"....he would do this the whole meal until the plates were scraped off into the garbage, and the dishes were put away....so then....after he realized he was S.O.L. for the night, he'd act all nonchalant like he didn't care...hang around for a while all coollike....but all the while, he was burning up on the inside....and what does he do?....he eventually slides off upstairs unnoticed and PISSES AND SHITS IN THE DOORWAY OF OUR BEDROOM....

That happened more times than I can count...this dog is the MASTER of the spiteful dump....RUINED carpets...plural.

Let me elaborate....we rarely take Flip in the car....only to get bathed and cut....and he gets carsick btw....yes...this little bitch also pukes in my ride...every time..I have to lay towels down before he gets in there....uggggghhhhhhhhhhhh......anyway...for some strange reason one day...he darted out the front door towards the car....like he really wanted to go with us...he NEVER did that....because back then, he was full time inside and hated riding in the car.......well...we weren't taking him to the groomers, so I briskly corralled him back into the house....insulting him as much as I could..."you get back in there, you dumb fuck!...you ain't goin' nowhere...WISH they made glue out of dogs!"

We drive off....and I suddenly remember we forgot something....so I turn right back around....maybe 2 minutes had passed....I open the front door and step right in a pile of his shit!......this motherfucker was like a teen watching his parents drive off through the blinds so he could start jackin' off ASAP....LOL....I swear to God....we've had him for 6 years....you don't know the half...

Put it this way....even that Dog Whisperer dude would lose it with my dog....he'd probably kick Flip in the throat and drop him off on the shoulder of the Interstate if he had to deal with him...
The CEO
and good lookin' dog, bro....I hope he's good on the inside too...for y'all's sake...a bad dog makes life tougher than it has to be...believe me...
Spyder
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Rack that one up...PPV all the way!
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 19 2009, 11:58 PM) [snapback]428923[/snapback]
and good lookin' dog, bro....I hope he's good on the inside too...for y'all's sake...a bad dog makes life tougher than it has to be...believe me...

He's the fuckin man! Charming as hell...gets my wife to do all kinds of shit for him already. The only annoying habit that I've found so far is that he farts more than me! lol

I thought I was bad, but this dude lets them rip without even giving me a warning. Then the next thing I know...I'm engulfed in a cloud of methane.
The CEO
laugh.gif

I like his name....Ed.

It's cool and funny to me....original for a dog's name...
Al Hata
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 19 2009, 11:48 PM) [snapback]428917[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Man those are some wild stories. I couldn't even imagine trying to care for a Gator...how did you get it in the first place?

Got it at a reptile trade show in Hamburg, PA. They have all kids of shit, snakes, bugs, frogs, lizards, gators. They have poisonous stuff too like spiders, rattlesnakes and such. It's pretty cool to just go to and see what they got. There was NO CHANCE I would get something with poison, I mean that's just crazy to me. Then again I'm the one who got bit by my pet gator. I learned my lesson though, only keep reptiles in tanks.

I also had a fresh water fish tank, african chiclids. 2 Oscars, 1 Pacu (pirannah cousin), a freshwater barracuda and something else I can't remember. They were all in a 75 gallon tank and by the time they were big, they killed eachother off. It was one, deadly tank. In the end, the Pacu was the last one left. Funny thing was he was supposed to be the vegetarian and he merked all the other fishes. Bit off their fins and over time they would die. This Pacu man, was bad ass. When someone came in the living room he would literally try to jump out of the tank, banging the lid over and over again. He wanted to fight and kill anything. Eventually he just got too dangerous and we let him go in a lake. A fish that got too dangerous, amazing.
King Eugene
LMAO
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Damn C.E.O. your dog sounds Bethoven the asshole version.

That last story was super funny. I'm at work killing myself laughing at that one. He act like he was born understanding English. He knows exactly what he be doing and doing it on purpose. Thats whats so funny about it.
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 20 2009, 12:11 AM) [snapback]428927[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I like his name....Ed.

It's cool and funny to me....original for a dog's name...

It really is. When I first met him I thought about changing his name, but he responded so well to it that I decided to keep it.

Now I love it...fits him perfectly. Ed, the gentle giant. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Al Hata @ Mar 20 2009, 12:43 AM) [snapback]428930[/snapback]
I also had a fresh water fish tank, african chiclids. 2 Oscars, 1 Pacu (pirannah cousin), a freshwater barracuda and something else I can't remember. They were all in a 75 gallon tank and by the time they were big, they killed eachother off. It was one, deadly tank. In the end, the Pacu was the last one left. Funny thing was he was supposed to be the vegetarian and he merked all the other fishes. Bit off their fins and over time they would die. This Pacu man, was bad ass. When someone came in the living room he would literally try to jump out of the tank, banging the lid over and over again. He wanted to fight and kill anything. Eventually he just got too dangerous and we let him go in a lake. A fish that got too dangerous, amazing.

That tank sounds similar to one that I had in highschool. An Oscar, Pacu, Gar, and a freshwater shark. Started them all off when they were small in a 10 gallon tank, but then moved them to a 30 gallon as they grew. I neglected to get a bigger tank like I should've and they eventually killed each other off. First went the shark, then the gar. The Pacu and Oscar lived in an Israel/Palestine type of environment for a while. They both had their own territory, but would be cool with each other until one went to the other's side. The Pacu tore up the Oscar in many battles. Bit off parts of his fins and even his bottom lip. The Oscar ultimately prevailed when the Pacu decided to jump out of the tank. About 2 weeks later, the Oscar committed suicide by repeatedly ramming his head into one of the tank walls. They were both really good fish...I should've been better to them and gotten a bigger tank.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 19 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]428918[/snapback]
Spyder....my dog is a fucking ASSHOLE...and I let him know this all the time....I've called him every name in the book....like "dickhead" and "fuckface" or "fuckin' jerk"...but most of the time I go with the straight up "you ungrateful bastard".

C.E.O the more I read from you the more I think you're my doppelganger from some alternate reality.

Probably my most used insult on my dog is "fuckin' idiot". As in, "Get over here and quit actin' like a fuckin' idiot." Sometimes she'll get excited in the house about something going on a block away outside and I'll ask her, "What are you getting all excited for, dipshit?" Or if she's barking for no good reason I'll just hit her with the classic, "Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch!"

Sometimes if she's being really noisy and pissing me off and I don't care about subsequently pissing my wife off I'll grab her by the back of her collar and bowl her down my hardwood floors.

Sometimes I fantasize about murdering her. Then I feel back and give her a good scratch behind the ears.

It's definitely a love/hate relationship with me and my dog.
Method
Meth, was it you that told the story here a while back about trying to sic your pit on a moose once? And when the pit got close and saw how huge the moose was it immediately turned and trotted back to you even while still barking at the moose? You saying Jackson Hole made me think of that. I remember getting a good chuckle reading and picturing it in my head.

Yes. That was me. I moved there for a year after college to decompress from four years of business school in the Bronx.

Hata, where'd you get an alligator snapper? Nasty.

I've had all kinds of fish, both fresh and salt.
Al Hata
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 20 2009, 01:24 PM) [snapback]428984[/snapback]
Yes. That was me. I moved there for a year after college to decompress from four years of business school in the Bronx.

Hata, where'd you get an alligator snapper? Nasty.

I've had all kinds of fish, both fresh and salt.

Got it at the reptile trade show in Hamburg, PA last April. They usually have it a few times a year.

Would love to get a salt water tank one day.
The CEO
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 20 2009, 01:06 PM) [snapback]428977[/snapback]
C.E.O the more I read from you the more I think you're my doppelganger from some alternate reality.

Probably my most used insult on my dog is "fuckin' idiot". As in, "Get over here and quit actin' like a fuckin' idiot." Sometimes she'll get excited in the house about something going on a block away outside and I'll ask her, "What are you getting all excited for, dipshit?" Or if she's barking for no good reason I'll just hit her with the classic, "Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch!"

Sometimes if she's being really noisy and pissing me off and I don't care about subsequently pissing my wife off I'll grab her by the back of her collar and bowl her down my hardwood floors.

Sometimes I fantasize about murdering her
. Then I feel back and give her a good scratch behind the ears.

It's definitely a love/hate relationship with me and my dog.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
KookedKrack
lol good stories guys....I used to watch my friends shih tzu for a while and my son fell in love with the breed and wanted one of his own so we ended up getting this guy...

overall a great dog he was easy to house train and we got him at like 3 months old .......me and the fucker share the same birthday too friends.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Mar 21 2009, 12:59 AM) [snapback]429070[/snapback]
overall a great dog he was easy to house train and we got him at like 3 months old .......me and the fucker share the same birthday too friends.gif

Awwww aint that so sweet!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Spyder
I almost killed Ed a few days ago...

Me and the wife were taking Ed to the dog park the other day. Ed likes to stick his head out of the back window, like most dogs, but recently he's been hanging an arm out of the side too.

Well, I took a turn with him in this position, and Ed went out the window. The inertia of the turn starting taking him out the window, and rather than eat pavement, he jumped. I was scared to death! It was a busy street and cars were coming in the lanes I crossed...

My wife retreived him without incident, but all three of us were shaken up quite a bit. I can't get over how lucky we are...he doesn't even have a scratch on him.

I can only imagine what the oncoming cars saw as this large animal came bailing out of the moving vehicle like a crackhead on 'Cops'.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 30 2009, 09:26 AM) *
How lucky you are? How about how fucking lucky Ed is? laugh.gif

But nice to hear he came out alright, things like this always make you appreciate your pet so much more when you get a scare like that.

'We' included Ed. lol
JonnyBlaze

R.I.P Brandy---Feb 14,2009
She was an amazing dog and I'll never forget her..
JonnyBlaze
I also have a black lab,a chameleon,bearded dragon..The chameleon and dragon are at my parents house..My mom got really attached to my chameleon after getting to know him and she didn't want me taking him out to the city..At my apartment out in the city my gf has a chihuahua that is the man,a bird,and a crested gecko..I love animals..

Boxing,animals,and school are my 3 main passions in life..
Lil-lightsout
Got a blue fish in a little tank for my son's 3rd b-day as a gift, that is our only pet. Used to have dogs over the years, but after the last one got put to sleep, I am done with the heartache.
JonnyBlaze

My chameleon..The first pic is of him around 6 months old and the other is of him 2.5 years old..He is blue with a white stripe and his mouth is yellow..He does change colors but these are his happy colors..
BigG
Hey Johnny....RIP your dog.

My doberman passed away last year and my mini pincher passed away last month recently and their dogs I've grown up with my whole life basically..Minipuncher was born 1995....got it when I was 6...died this year. He was almost 14 years old. Lived a long life and was a very healthy dog. He was able to avoid death a couple of times once my doberman who we got 1 year after but passed away in early 2008 I believe and for like 5 seconds the Doberman was on top of him and luckily we were able to save him and he escaped with a nasty cut in his lower body. He was a dog that NEVER gave any guests trouble...just stayed quiet, ate, licked people, played...that was it..lol..

My Doberman was the SWEETEST dog and would NEVER give any guests trouble at all. I'd show him to my friends they'd be scared shittless but he'd never attack them. He died cuz he had cancer. It was fun to walk/jog with that big dog he was strong as hell.

Two best dogs I've ever had. Mini Pincher was named charlie and Doberman was named Buh Buh

Right now I'd love to own another Doberman....
Al Hata
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 1 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Hey Johnny....RIP your dog.

My doberman passed away last year and my mini pincher passed away last month recently and their dogs I've grown up with my whole life basically..Minipuncher was born 1995....got it when I was 6...died this year. He was almost 14 years old. Lived a long life and was a very healthy dog. He was able to avoid death a couple of times once my doberman who we got 1 year after but passed away in early 2008 I believe and for like 5 seconds the Doberman was on top of him and luckily we were able to save him and he escaped with a nasty cut in his lower body. He was a dog that NEVER gave any guests trouble...just stayed quiet, ate, licked people, played...that was it..lol..

My Doberman was the SWEETEST dog and would NEVER give any guests trouble at all. I'd show him to my friends they'd be scared shittless but he'd never attack them. He died cuz he had cancer. It was fun to walk/jog with that big dog he was strong as hell.

Two best dogs I've ever had. Mini Pincher was named charlie and Doberman was named Buh Buh

Right now I'd love to own another Doberman....

I was thinking about getting a Doberman, they seem like great dogs.
Spyder
http://www.dobermanrescue.org/framework/indexdirectory.htm

Here you go fellas...look for a rescue close to home.

Also, I've seen a ton of min pins on Petfinder.com
BigG
QUOTE (Al Hata @ May 1 2009, 03:58 PM) *
I was thinking about getting a Doberman, they seem like great dogs.

GREAT dogs. My doberman was very friendly with everyone. I loved that dog.

BTW, we named after Forrest Gumps friend "Buh Buh" lol
Spyder
There have been a couple of Dobermans at the dog park...they are very quiet, steady dogs.

From what I've seen at the park, the dogs that have the ability to hurt you tend to have responsible owners...the dogs that you wouldn't expect to be aggressive, have shithead owners. The dogs are definitely a reflection of the owners.

Ed LOVES to hang around the tougher breeds...Dobermans, Boxers, Bulldogs, Pits, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Rottwiellers...dogs that ignorant people are scared of. He's only had a couple of scraps, and none were with these breeds....he did get after a Mastiff, but it was a result of some yappy smaller dogs provoking the group.

JonnyBlaze
We've had bad luck the last few years.2 years ago our golden lab died at the age of 14..Brandy,our yorkshire terrier was 12..She had a enlarged heart and our lab was just really old..It's really sad,I have a picture of me holding our yorkshire terrier while on the floor with our golden lab a half hour before we had him put to sleep in the very same spot..Both were amazing dogs..We now have a 3 year old(as of April 20th) black lab..We got him as a puppy right before our golden lab passed..He's really lonely these days..Our yorkshire terrier knew our golden lab her whole life and when he died,she was extremely depressed and started her own downfall because of it..I was about 7 when we got our golden lab after a mishap with our black lab(first dog we owned since I was born) and got a really strange/rare infection and died young..

Here's another picture of Brandy and a picture of our black lab..Our black lab is pretty young in this picture..

JonnyBlaze
I've always been a huge doberman pincher fan..One day I will own one for sure and I can't wait for that..They are amazing dogs..I don't like how everyone is obsessed with having a "manly" dog..It's stupid..Everyone wants a pit bull..I like all dogs but a pit is not going to be a dog I ever own..Miniature pinchers are really cute too..My family might possibly get one..My mom wants another small dog,when she is ready..Our yorkshire terrier was really her dog..They were both always together..My mom had a nerve problem in her leg and had to lay on the ground all day to do her work and our dog Brandy was next to her at all times when none of my family was(I was going through a rough time in my life then,otherwise I would of been there for my mom)..
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 1 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Owners think because they are small and probably can't do a great deal of damage, that it's ok not to discipline them too much.

That's exactly right. The percentage of little dog attacks vs big dog attacks is not even close...the problem is that when a little dog attacks, you won't see it on the news. In fact, most of the time they never even get reported. However, when a pitbull attacks, you'll see pictures and panic EVERYWHERE.

...don't even get me started with Breed Specific Legislation...fucking bullocks as our British friends would say.

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2009, 03:30 AM) *
You don't actually like them, or you just like other breeds ahead of them?

I was wondering the same thing...what's up Jon? What did you mean by this?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2009, 02:30 AM) *
You don't actually like them, or you just like other breeds ahead of them?

I just like other breeds ahead of them..I love all dogs though..I just think some people's motives for getting a pit bull is bogus..They are dope dogs though..There isn't a specific breed of dog I don't like..
Spyder
Unfortunately, most assholes are attracked to APBT's...sucks for the breed. They get a bad rap based on an asshole's mistreatment of them.

Pretty tragic when you think about it.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 2 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Unfortunately, most assholes are attracked to APBT's...sucks for the breed. They get a bad rap based on an asshole's mistreatment of them.

Pretty tragic when you think about it.

For sure dude..I don't hate the dogs,I hate the owners..I feel really bad for the dogs..This PR guy I worked with at my last job would try to show off to me that he has fighting dogs(which were pit bulls) and that they haven't lost..I wanted to fuck that guy up SOOOOOO bad,you have no idea..I told him I thought it was really bogus but he obviously forgot I thought that and kept talkin about it..It's also bogus when guys want a pit bull to look or sound tough..Shit,I like big and small dogs equally..

I wish people would just enjoy their animals and treat them as best as they can because they'll get the same affection back to them from the pet..I really wish I could work with animals for my life but things aren't playin out like that..I really would want to work at a zoo(studying the animals) or do something like Steve Irwin did but it's probably not gonna happen..I have boxing and I'm going to be a teacher so I won't have much free time..
JonnyBlaze

JonnyBlaze
This is my gf's bird who lives with us in the Chi..He's a green cheek conure..Incase you're wondering,he's not biting my finger,he's giving it kisses..hahaha..He's a funny guy..He's obsessed with the X-files theme song..Let me know what ya guys think about the last few pics I posted..

Spyder
I'm soooo glad that we have friends that own american bulldog mixes...Ed was playing rough with this dog all night, and I never had to worry about them suing me!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2009, 07:09 PM) *
God I hate birds. They scare me, I would prefer to hold a snake under some supervision rather than a bird, lol.

He is very friendly..The first time I ever held him at the pet store he was giving me kisses and made his noise that meant he was excited..Birds pick their owners,not the other way around..

I'd hold a bird or snake without supervision but would be more trustful of a bird..I love reptiles a lot but I'd rather be bit by a bird than a snake..I like lizards over snakes(preference)..I like snakes too but I really love chameleons..My bearded dragon and chameleon are 2 of the friendliest reptiles you could meet..Being bit by either one of them is a 1% chance(if you really fuck with them really bad)..They have never bit anyone so far..
JonnyBlaze
Fitz,what'd you think of my bearded dragon??You guys down under see plenty of them I bet..I really wanna come down there and see all the wildlife..It'd be a sweet experience..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 05:36 PM) *
No, never seen one out in the wild. Don't believe what TV tells you about Australia, we don't have kangaroos in our backyard and in the street, lol.

I know that..hahaha..Its just funny to joke around about it..You only have kangeroos on your golf courses right??hahaha..Just playin..

I guess it all depends on what area you live in..Bearded dragons live in and around deserts..I forget what area you told me you were around..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.