Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mayweather to return july 11th?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
JLUVBABY
july 11th? .. just read this and thought i'd share it.. dont know how reliable the source but its starting to look like mayweathers return is eminent..
King Eugene
1. I wont believe it til I see him walking down the tunnel on his way to the ring.
2. Why the hell is BHop fighting for the cruiserweight title?

I'd be content with both of them retiring. As much as I'd love to continue to see both of them fight again I'd just rather they stop on top and let some of these young gunz make a name for them selves.
D-MARV
I would be cool with BHop retiring. But If Floyd wants to be considered an all time great then he has a few fights to go. (Mosley, Cotto, and PWill)

If he's content with his career thus far then he will just be considered a great fighter.
Spyder
D Marv...lol...come on man. Floyd is all ready an all time great. Beating a few good fighters will not change that.

Let me amend that...Shane is great, and that fight would do a lot for Floyd. P Will and Cotto have not earned that distinction. Wins over them would be seen similar to Ali's wins over Chuvalo...noteable fights, but not legacy changers.
EirbinX
You can't tell me that fights against those fighters wouldn't be good for boxing and that if he beats them 95% of mayweathers doubters wil start ridin his dick ... without those fights there's really no point in him coming back besides the money.
Spyder
QUOTE(EirbinX @ Mar 19 2009, 07:54 AM) [snapback]428824[/snapback]
You can't tell me that fights against those fighters wouldn't be good for boxing and that if he beats them 95% of mayweathers doubters wil start ridin his dick ... without those fights there's really no point in him coming back besides the money.

No they won't...lol

People will say that Margarito ruined Cotto more than we thought and that P Will was too green...riding his dick...haha, what are you new?

laugh.gif
D-MARV
Spyder...

I think Wins over Cotto, Mosley, and PWill would do a lot for Mayweather.

Skill and Ability wise, Mayweather is an All Time Great... As far as overall, He would be at the bottom of the top 50!
Box in Hand
Well, I tell you what, love him or hate him we're all going to be watching. He should be out of debt in 2 or 3 fights and then retire again. It's sad cause some of the best fighters ever had money issues no matter how intelligent they were in the ring for example

Ali (Got Robbed by King, made most of his money after he retired with endorsements)

Sugar Ray Robinson (Died broke)

Tyson (So bad, he's asking Freddy Roach for a job)

Mayweather (Made close to 100 million in his fights and blew it on jewlery, jets, strippers, and a whole bunch of shit he didn't need)
D-MARV
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 19 2009, 09:38 AM) [snapback]428832[/snapback]
Well, I tell you what, love him or hate him we're all going to be watching. He should be out of debt in 2 or 3 fights and then retire again. It's sad cause some of the best fighters ever had money issues no matter how intelligent they were in the ring for example

Ali (Got Robbed by King, made most of his money after he retired with endorsements)

Sugar Ray Robinson (Died broke)

Tyson (So bad, he's asking Freddy Roach for a job)

Mayweather (Made close to 100 million in his fights and blew it on jewlery, jets, strippers, and a whole bunch of shit he didn't need)

I dont think he is in any debt. all that mess were just rumors
JLUVBABY
i dont think he's broke either..
dbdbdb
Floyd is no where near broke, not even remotely.

Where do people get these crappy rumors from????
Box in Hand
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 19 2009, 09:23 AM) [snapback]428838[/snapback]

I got my info from the same place you got that picture from, the internet.
thehype
Dumb move to try to fight on July 11...especially when it's just a tune-up.

Even if the fight is "free" on HBO World Championship Boxing, the number of viewers are still going to be lower than normal because of UFC 100.

I can guarantee you that myself and Percy will be watching UFC 100 over a Mayweather tune-up...and I actually consider myself to still be a diehard boxing fan.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 19 2009, 12:07 PM) [snapback]428845[/snapback]
Dumb move to try to fight on July 11...especially when it's just a tune-up.

Even if the fight is "free" on HBO World Championship Boxing, the number of viewers are still going to be lower than normal because of UFC 100.

I can guarantee you that myself and Percy will be watching UFC 100 over a Mayweather tune-up...and I actually consider myself to still be a diehard boxing fan.

laugh.gif

The article on the front page implied that Shane Mosley may be an option. Im sure that fight would do good numbers despite UFC 100.
Big Slim Sweet
If it's a tune-up and it's on HBO WCB and you figure Floyd has his eyes on the biggest prize out there (Pacman), then I'll wager he takes on a quick southpaw like Quintana or Collazo. No way PBF-SSM ends up on free HBO.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 19 2009, 11:44 AM) [snapback]428843[/snapback]
I got my info from the same place you got that picture from, the internet.

And we all know how reliable sh*t is on the internet ........ Right!!!

If it's a tune-up and it's on HBO WCB and you figure Floyd has his eyes on the biggest prize out there (Pacman), then I'll wager he takes on a quick southpaw like Quintana or Collazo. No way PBF-SSM ends up on free HBO.

No only that, but in these difficult economic times -- HBO wants to cash in as much as possible and the cash-cows are few.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 19 2009, 11:02 AM) [snapback]428857[/snapback]
And we all know how reliable sh*t is on the internet ........ Right!!!
No only that, but in these difficult economic times -- HBO wants to cash in as much as possible and the cash-cows are few.

Yep, you're right the internet is about as reliable as you being able to get that girl in your picture nerd.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 19 2009, 01:22 PM) [snapback]428858[/snapback]
Yep, you're right the internet is about as reliable as you being able to get that girl in your picture nerd.

laugh.gif The girl is wallpaper dude. Beauty is always a thing to admire. And I'm well beyond fantasies.

Also, don't get mad or angry!!! You're not the first twit, who believes all the shit they read on the internet and I'm more than certain you won't be the last. So cheer up mate, you're not alone in the world of the duped.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 19 2009, 12:58 PM) [snapback]428855[/snapback]

No freaking way would he take on Mosley as a tune-up. A Quintana or Collazo are very good predictions who he would fight next to prepare for Manny. I really hope Hatton wins to ruin Mayweathers plans,cause all Floyd is looking for is the most money he can make. He probably then would not fight Ricky again, so then that would leave Shane next hopefully. I honestly have no desire to see Pac and Floyd fight, cause Floyd would beat the short Pac handily.
lloyd mayflower
thers no way the little faggot floyd would reject a another fight with hatton if he beats pac. hes prob hopin for it. hel just jump on the "hattons now P4P top man" shit. hed love to drag hatton back up to 147 and beat him cos its the pussy option. i fuckin hate that little shit. id love nothin more than seein mosely teeing off on his arrogant head the way he did to marg.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(lloyd mayflower @ Mar 19 2009, 02:46 PM) [snapback]428874[/snapback]
id love nothin more than seein mosely teeing off on his arrogant head the way he did to marg.

This would be by far my greatest moment in boxing if this was to happen! I would take seeing this fight over any other right now. The amount of pure boxing skill and speed would be amazing to watch. As a boxing purist, it does not get any better than this. But like so many past fights that did not get made for whatever reasons, I see this as another one that will not get made. I think Shane needs to stay active and have another dominate showing to kind of put pressure on Floyd to make the fight. Heck, I am just curious what Floyd's plans are after Pac(if he wins, Pac that is).
lloyd mayflower
i hope CEO is ready to horse him right into the hate dump as soon as a date is announced. In fact, as soon as there any evidence that a single sparring session has taken place...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 19 2009, 01:08 PM) [snapback]428869[/snapback]
I really hope Hatton wins to ruin Mayweathers plans,cause all Floyd is looking for is the most money he can make. He probably then would not fight Ricky again, so then that would leave Shane next hopefully. I honestly have no desire to see Pac and Floyd fight, cause Floyd would beat the short Pac handily.

I have to agree with lloyd. If Hatton wins PBF will be ALL OVER that rematch. They'll do it in England with a huge live gate and Floyd will put on his black hat and say he's coming to get his P4P crown and bring it back to America where it belongs. That fight will sell itself, as nauseating as it sounds to a lot of us. He WILL jump on the 'Hatton's #1' bandwagon for sure.

I do not want this to happen. And fortunately it won't, cause Pacquiao won't let it.

However I still have a hard time envisioning PBF opting for a fight with Shane over Pacman. Unless he really, really hates the idea of working with Arum again. I think the best we can hope for (those of us who want a PBF-SSM fight more than anything else in boxing right now) is for the two of them to fight sometime around the spring of 2010.
dbdbdb
Is Hatton the real target here?? Floyd Sr. is presently training Hatton ...... Would Floyd Jr. fight Hatton while he's being trained by his father?

This is better than a soap opera laugh.gif
Method
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 19 2009, 11:23 AM) [snapback]428838[/snapback]

Dan Rafael is reporting that Floyd is having problems with the IRS. Let me tell you something - If Floyd is having problems with the IRS, and he's so FLUSH w cash, why not just cut a check and be done with it?
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 19 2009, 04:15 PM) [snapback]428888[/snapback]
Dan Rafael is reporting that Floyd is having problems with the IRS. Let me tell you something - If Floyd is having problems with the IRS, and he's so FLUSH w cash, why not just cut a check and be done with it?

Litigation!!!!

Floyd and every other Professional that makes in the top tier has IRS problems, because they are taxed at a higher rate than those of us in the middle-class.

Look at how many senators that have tax problems and are filthy rich.
Look at how many musicians that have tax problems and are filthy rich.
Look at how many CEO's that have tax problems and are filthy rich.

None of them want to pay!!!!

Having tax problems and not paying the IRS doesn't mean you don't have any money. It may mean that you're not willing to pay the total amount and are seeking counsel to have the amount owed reduced.

Dan Rafael, although respected for his efforts as a reporter doesn't site any reliable sources, that can be verified. Which, in the real world is nothing more than a "blog". Reporting in the real world always site sources "that can be used for verificatiion" to distinguish factual from fictional reporting.

Without any reliable sources quoted ......... It becomes rumor and speculation.

laugh.gif Even on the FIGHT-HYPE forum -- You need at least two reliable sources when you make claims or the post gets locked. And that's because people can spew bullshit at will.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 19 2009, 11:34 AM) [snapback]428862[/snapback]
laugh.gif The girl is wallpaper dude. Beauty is always a thing to admire. And I'm well beyond fantasies.

Also, don't get mad or angry!!! You're not the first twit, who believes all the shit they read on the internet and I'm more than certain you won't be the last. So cheer up mate, you're not alone in the world of the duped.

LMFAO, I don't get mad at Cyber Professors or Cyber Bullies or Cyber Jack asses. Mayweather does have money problems all one needs to do is research. By the way get off your ass and go get a girl instead of admiring their pictures. You sound like the fuckin 40 year old virgin.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 19 2009, 02:15 PM) [snapback]428888[/snapback]

Amen!
D-MARV
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 19 2009, 04:15 PM) [snapback]428888[/snapback]

What are the details of his Tax problems? Im pretty sure he's living good with no financial issues. I read about some of his financial troubles last year but found out that they were only rumors.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 19 2009, 04:55 PM) [snapback]428894[/snapback]
LMFAO, I don't get mad at Cyber Professors or Cyber Bullies or Cyber Jack asses. Mayweather does have money problems all one needs to do is research. By the way get off your ass and go get a girl instead of admiring their pictures. You sound like the fuckin 40 year old virgin.

Ok, Mr. Research

I'm calling your bluff ......... Show us what you found out, through all this research. And judging by your previous reply .. anything found on sesame street doesn't count.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 19 2009, 03:06 PM) [snapback]428897[/snapback]
What are the details of his Tax problems? Im pretty sure he's living good with no financial issues. I read about some of his financial troubles last year but found out that they were only rumors.

The report is that he owes 6 million in back taxes, he's being sued for not paying for a house he commisioned to have built, he's selling his new stretch limo on ebay. I mean, Floyd is a safety first fighter who doesn't want a blemish on his record. Why is he coming back if he doesn't have money problems? What happened to all that "My body is breaking down mess he was talking"?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 19 2009, 05:11 PM) [snapback]428899[/snapback]
The report is that he owes 6 million in back taxes, he's being sued for not paying for a house he commisioned to have built, he's selling his new stretch limo on ebay. I mean, Floyd is a safety first fighter who doesn't want a blemish on his record. Why is he coming back if he doesn't have money problems? What happened to all that "My body is breaking down mess he was talking"?

Just Maybe... when you're born into a "Life of Boxing", just maybe, you get an itch to get back in the ring. Floyd is a boxer at heart.

As far as the money issue... I've been reading reports about all the charity work he's been doing. He put up some big bucks. If he was, indeed, in financial crisis, I don't thin he would giving away his money.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 19 2009, 12:35 PM) [snapback]428827[/snapback]
No they won't...lol

People will say that Margarito ruined Cotto more than we thought and that P Will was too green...riding his dick...haha, what are you new?

laugh.gif

They would be telling the truth.

Screw you Floyd. I hope you end up broke pushing a shopping cart though Grand Rapids whilst high school kids throw empty beer bottles at your head. I hope you sink so low you make Rufus the stunt bum look like Donald Trump. That is how much I hate you Floyd.
JD
I think money problems might mean something a little different to a guy like Floyd, than people here.

Floyd has a lifestyle that he needs to maintain - so if he has $10 mill liquid (for example), he would probably have money problems because of the way he lives. He ain't scaling shit back...he has spent a mint on jewelry, he gambles like a fiend, and he has plenty of people around him that I am sure he takes care of. Maintaining his way of life would be difficult without more big income, so...money problems.

I don't understand why this is so crazy to fathom? I mean, Floyd is a fighter because of the money...that's all. If he needs it, he will fight. Based upon what I have seen from the guy, my guess is that he needs it.

Do I care? No. But I just think than when you look at everything here, the notion that he has money issues is far from inconceivable...at least to me.

If he will be good for the sport, I want him to come back...and I do not care what his reasons for coming back are. If he will be bad for the sport, I want him to stay retired...and I do not care what his reasons for staying retired are. Plain and simple...to me at least.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 19 2009, 06:09 PM) [snapback]428904[/snapback]
They would be telling the truth.

Screw you Floyd. I hope you end up broke pushing a shopping cart though Grand Rapids whilst high school kids throw empty beer bottles at your head. I hope you sink so low you make Rufus the stunt bum look like Donald Trump. That is how much I hate you Floyd.

Worse than Roy Jones or about equal?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 19 2009, 10:46 PM) [snapback]428909[/snapback]
Worse than Roy Jones or about equal?

I have to say it is hard to hate a man as pathetic as Roy has become. His loss to Zags took a lot of the fire out of me & now I sort of feel sorry for him. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to see him get brutally KO'd again but nothing will ever top what Johnson did to him (brutally beat him & then knock him out cold).
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 19 2009, 05:58 PM) [snapback]428910[/snapback]
I have to say it is hard to hate a man as pathetic as Roy has become. His loss to Zags took a lot of the fire out of me & now I sort of feel sorry for him. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to see him get brutally KO'd again but nothing will ever top what Johnson did to him (brutally beat him & then knock him out cold).

stev. you might get a chance to see your k.o saturday night of jones.. i'm not picking sheika but i think he has somewhat of a punchers chance to make that fight interesting... if he comes in bullish and throws caution to the wind and still has some fight left who knows... i hadnt seen him in a while, well since losing to pemberton but he is capable of being a descent fighter.
D-MARV
at this point... I think its safe to say that everyone has at least a punchers chance against Roy
King Eugene
I will be the first to personally write Roy a Please Retire letter if he is KO'ed by Shieka. I'm not worried though...we got this!
MarzB
The tax issues were explained very well by JD and DB so no need to go over that.

I love this "safety first" commentary. Again, I didn't realize the sweet science was strictly about standing toe to toe.

I think personally it's time for Mosley and his Golden Boy mates to push extremely hard for a match to the point of ridicule if Floyd fights Pav/Hatton winner. I understand that should Pac Man win this is probably the most lucrative fight of the fights that can be made.

That said I like the idea of him doing a tune up first (god I hope it isn't for some MANUFACTURED title but we ALL know it will be) then going for a shot.

Atleast he's coming back while he's still in his prime condition.

He could easily do 5 fights counting his tune up within a year and half and be up to 50-70 million. Those being: Cotto, Pac, even Hatton (in England for the money, no other reason), Shane Mosley.

D-MARV
Thw Word I'm hearing is that the Mayweather camp mentioned Shane for the July fight. They also named Juan Manuel Marquez...

but I just heard that from a little bird. dntknw.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 19 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]428926[/snapback]
Thw Word I'm hearing is that the Mayweather camp mentioned Shane for the July fight. They also named Juan Manuel Marquez...
but I just heard that from a little bird. dntknw.gif

wow.. if thats true shane is a major jump into the water after not fighting for over a year...
King Eugene
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 01:37 AM) [snapback]428934[/snapback]
wow.. if thats true shane is a major jump into the water after not fighting for over a year...

Imagine how great he would be if he jump straight to Shane and clearly defeat him in Winky Wright fashion?

Then again you'll still have that select few that will discredit his win over Shane and start talking about how Shane is old and so on and so on.
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 02:03 AM) [snapback]428937[/snapback]
Imagine how great he would be if he jump straight to Shane and clearly defeat him in Winky Wright fashion?

Then again you'll still have that select few that will discredit his win over Shane and start talking about how Shane is old and so on and so on.

Sadly, You will always have people who will discredit Floyd Mayweather.
JD
On the flipside, should someone like Mosley or Pac beat Floyd…it won’t be because Floyd was out off for over a year, or he had hand and shoulder injuries, or that he came back just for the money…right?

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 20 2009, 10:22 AM) [snapback]428954[/snapback]
On the flipside, should someone like Mosley or Pac beat Floyd…it won’t be because Floyd was out off for over a year, or he had hand and shoulder injuries, or that he came back just for the money…right?

Exactly! You will always have people try to discredit wins someway or another. Personally, if Floyd would beat Shane decisively, I would give him major props. I just want to see the fight, always have.
hardhead
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 20 2009, 02:31 PM) [snapback]428955[/snapback]
Exactly! You will always have people try to discredit wins someway or another. Personally, if Floyd would beat Shane decisively, I would give him major props. I just want to see the fight, always have.

Me too, I just want to see Mayweather's skills matched up with the best of his era so later on down the line I don't have a whole bunch of "what if" scenarios. Of course I understand that they'll always be somebody out there but at this point there are plenty of great matchups and great fights that can further cement his legacy and make a lot of money in the process, Mosley, Pacquiao, Cotto, Williams, Marquez...As long as he doesn't rematch Hatton or DLH(which the reports are he doesn't, thank god) I'm good and just want to see the fights. I read that article with Richard Schaeffer and dude needs to put down the pom pom or the crack pipe either way...
stillperpetuallygrooving
hahaha mayweather an all time great RIGHT NOW? and you think wins over cotto, paul williams, and mosely would not be worth coming back for? shit, who the fuck has mayweather beat that is better than ANY of the aforementioned fighters? ricky hatton and oscar de la hoya are his ONLY wins over world class fighters...aside from that, really, who the fuck has he fought? haha angel manfreddy? HAHA< no, no, even better, ZAB JUDAH?! HAHAHAHA...yeah, mayweather at 31-0 or whatever his record is with only two of them against world class fighters? hahahaha, and just like all you calzaghe haters say about his wins over bernard hopkins and roy jones jr....oscar was not in his prime...

seriously i dont like calzaghe either but i think that as of now he is more of an all time great than mayweather....while calzaghe retired without fighting chad dawson, there was NO ONE else in his division that really deserved a fight with him...now mayweather on the other hand, had TONS of fights he could have taken...

bottom line, you CANT hate calzaghe and be a fan of mayweather....unless you are a hypocrite..

PLEASE, someone tell me that mayweather has beat more than two world class fighters? come on, someone challenge me that mayweather AS OF NOW, is more worthy a fighter than calzaghe?
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 20 2009, 10:22 AM) [snapback]428954[/snapback]

Correct!

If either of those guys beat Floyd, that would elevate both of them in the All Time Great list.
D-MARV
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 20 2009, 03:00 PM) [snapback]428998[/snapback]
hahaha mayweather an all time great RIGHT NOW? and you think wins over cotto, paul williams, and mosely would not be worth coming back for? shit, who the fuck has mayweather beat that is better than ANY of the aforementioned fighters? ricky hatton and oscar de la hoya are his ONLY wins over world class fighters...aside from that, really, who the fuck has he fought? haha angel manfreddy? HAHA< no, no, even better, ZAB JUDAH?! HAHAHAHA...yeah, mayweather at 31-0 or whatever his record is with only two of them against world class fighters? hahahaha, and just like all you calzaghe haters say about his wins over bernard hopkins and roy jones jr....oscar was not in his prime...

seriously i dont like calzaghe either but i think that as of now he is more of an all time great than mayweather....while calzaghe retired without fighting chad dawson, there was NO ONE else in his division that really deserved a fight with him...now mayweather on the other hand, had TONS of fights he could have taken...

bottom line, you CANT hate calzaghe and be a fan of mayweather....unless you are a hypocrite..

PLEASE, someone tell me that mayweather has beat more than two world class fighters? come on, someone challenge me that mayweather AS OF NOW, is more worthy a fighter than calzaghe?

Dude... Just shut up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.