Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mayweather to return july 11th?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Big Slim Sweet
There is no one Mayweather has ever beaten that Mosley, Cotto or Williams wouldn't have also beaten.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 20 2009, 03:48 PM) [snapback]429011[/snapback]
There is no one Mayweather has ever beaten that Mosley, Cotto or Williams wouldn't have also beaten.

So what's you're point?

Who have these guys beaten that Mayweather could not have beaten?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 20 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]428998[/snapback]
hahaha mayweather an all time great RIGHT NOW? and you think wins over cotto, paul williams, and mosely would not be worth coming back for? shit, who the fuck has mayweather beat that is better than ANY of the aforementioned fighters? ricky hatton and oscar de la hoya are his ONLY wins over world class fighters...aside from that, really, who the fuck has he fought? haha angel manfreddy? HAHA< no, no, even better, ZAB JUDAH?! HAHAHAHA...yeah, mayweather at 31-0 or whatever his record is with only two of them against world class fighters? hahahaha, and just like all you calzaghe haters say about his wins over bernard hopkins and roy jones jr....oscar was not in his prime...

seriously i dont like calzaghe either but i think that as of now he is more of an all time great than mayweather....while calzaghe retired without fighting chad dawson, there was NO ONE else in his division that really deserved a fight with him...now mayweather on the other hand, had TONS of fights he could have taken...

bottom line, you CANT hate calzaghe and be a fan of mayweather....unless you are a hypocrite..

PLEASE, someone tell me that mayweather has beat more than two world class fighters? come on, someone challenge me that mayweather AS OF NOW, is more worthy a fighter than calzaghe?

either you started watching fights just a few years ago or you obviously somehow forget mayweathers pre welterweight days... how long have you been watching boxing to make a statement like that? i dont ask you that to degrade you i would like to know cuzz that is one of the most obsurd statements i have ever read on this forum...
hardhead
If Mayweather comes back I just hope he plans on fighting more than twice.
JLUVBABY
mayweather vs. marquez july 12th? ... just read this and thought i'd share it.. dont know how reliable this source is but there are supposed quotes from schaefer... if they fight at 140 this could be good to a certain exstent... dont think marquez can win regardless of the weight but 140 the fight has the potential to be better.. 147 marquez is getting creamed...
AussieLad
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 20 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]429016[/snapback]
So what's you're point?

The difference is that mosely and cotto have risked their unbeaten resumes by fighting guys capable of beating them, and thats why they have losses. So not only could they beat anyone mayweather has beaten, but actually have a pair of balls to fight risky fights. Mayweather has a pair of peanuts in between his legs, and so has remained unbeaten.

Seriously, with all the mayweather nut hugging on this board you would think floyds scrotum drags 3 ft on the ground behind him when he walks because of all the stretching
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 20 2009, 03:05 PM) [snapback]429016[/snapback]
So what's you're point?

Could not beat? Not sure. Would not beat? Well, Margarito for one. PBF wouldn't do it but two of them did. And Cotto beat Mosley. Floyd still hasn't shown he can do that.

Anyhow, my point was that while Mayweather is generally recognized as being the best of that group with the most accomplished career, he hasn't in fact done anything that any of them couldn't have done too. And while a lot of folks here think it's more or less a given he'll have his way with all three of them if and when he ever fights them, each IMO presents a more formidable challenge than any challenge he's ever accepted and conquered before.

So if/when PBF steps into the ring and looks across at Cotto, or Mosley, or Williams, he will be entering unchartered territory.
AussieLad
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 09:47 PM) [snapback]429022[/snapback]
mayweather vs. marquez july 12th? ... just read this and thought i'd share it.. dont know how reliable this source is but there are supposed quotes from schaefer... if they fight at 140 this could be good to a certain exstent... dont think marquez can win regardless of the weight but 140 the fight has the potential to be better.. 147 marquez is getting creamed...

This is exactly what i was expecting.

Sure both guys started out in much lower weights, but i think marquez is the smaller man and cant carry the weight as well as PBF. Before people start ranting that PBF isnt a big guy, if thats the case then why doesnt he just move down to 135 and fight at a
weight more suited to marquez.

No disrespect to marquez, coz he is a great fighter, but he is simply to old and too small
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Mar 20 2009, 04:49 PM) [snapback]429023[/snapback]
The difference is that mosely and cotto have risked their unbeaten resumes by fighting guys capable of beating them, and thats why they have losses. So not only could they beat anyone mayweather has beaten, but actually have a pair of balls to fight risky fights.

Exactly.
torvix2000
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 20 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]429016[/snapback]
So what's you're point?

I think this is a wrong question. By asking this... you are downgrading Mayweather to Cotto, Mosley's level. And you could be right. That Mayweather is not much better than them.
D-MARV
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Mar 20 2009, 05:49 PM) [snapback]429023[/snapback]
The difference is that mosely and cotto have risked their unbeaten resumes by fighting guys capable of beating them, and thats why they have losses. So not only could they beat anyone mayweather has beaten, but actually have a pair of balls to fight risky fights. Mayweather has a pair of peanuts in between his legs, and so has remained unbeaten.

Seriously, with all the mayweather nut hugging on this board you would think floyds scrotum drags 3 ft on the ground behind him when he walks because of all the stretching

I would say that there are more Floyd Haters on this board then there are nuthuggers.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 20 2009, 04:51 PM) [snapback]429024[/snapback]
Could not beat? Not sure. Would not beat? Well, Margarito for one. PBF wouldn't do it but two of them did. And Cotto beat Mosley. Floyd still hasn't shown he can do that.

Anyhow, my point was that while Mayweather is generally recognized as being the best of that group with the most accomplished career, he hasn't in fact done anything that any of them couldn't have done too. And while a lot of folks here think it's more or less a given he'll have his way with all three of them if and when he ever fights them, each IMO presents a more formidable challenge than any challenge he's ever accepted and conquered before.

So if/when PBF steps into the ring and looks across at Cotto, or Mosley, or Williams, he will be entering unchartered territory.

you dont think mayweather would beat margarito after that one sided boxing lesson shane put on him?... margarito wouldnt touch mayweather... i agree mosely, cotto and williams are his only 3 real test... actually i always felt if a fighter had the real style to beat him it would be paul williams...
King Eugene
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]429056[/snapback]
you dont think mayweather would beat margarito after that one sided boxing lesson shane put on him?... margarito wouldnt touch mayweather... i agree mosely, cotto and williams are his only 3 real test... actually i always felt if a fighter had the real style to beat him it would be paul williams...

Paul Williams is the only guy at 147 and under I see that could beat Floyd. His work rate and reach would have Mayweather on the defense all night. Then again it could be Corrales II.
Fitz
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 21 2009, 01:21 PM) [snapback]429054[/snapback]
I would say that there are more Floyd Haters on this board then there are nuthuggers.

I don't think so. I think you have some Floyd nuthuggers, some haters and then just some realistic boxing fans who are not happy as fans with the matchmaking Floyd has been involved with since moving to 140. There are a lot of people who don't question him in his light weight days, just since moving up. They are not haters IMO, just boxing fans that know they could have seen some better fights evolve then the ones that did happen.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 10:24 PM) [snapback]429059[/snapback]
Paul Williams is the only guy at 147 and under I see that could beat Floyd. His work rate and reach would have Mayweather on the defense all night. Then again it could be Corrales II.

i dont see it being corrales 2.. mayweathers style changed with his move from 130 to 147... he was an offense machine that had k.o power with very excellent defense at 130.. 147 he became a defense wizard... most dont like the style but he's very effective with it.. he didnt bring up the punch ala mosely when he moved up... my thought has always been that williams work rate and reach and just over all constant pressure would keep may. on the defense all night with little time to mount much of an offense... he may not even be landing much but he would be stealing rounds with just activity... just my take on the fight...
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 11:24 PM) [snapback]429059[/snapback]

I like you're sig but Winky Wright's ass dont need to be on it. Winky aint no damn legend.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Mar 20 2009, 05:49 PM) [snapback]429023[/snapback]

That's bs and you know it, he has fought guys capable of beating him, they just didn't. Are you telling me that DLH wasn't capable of beating him? or Coralles? or JLC? Zab, albeit a head case, definitely has the skills to beat DLH. That's a ridiculous argument. I'm neither a floyd fan or hater, just someone with 2 eyes.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]429056[/snapback]

I don't think Cotto would be a test, he's too stupid to fight the right kind of fight. He would be wide open to counters, and i think floyd would make him look silly. Mosley, if it were the old mosley, i think would be much better suited, just on handspeed alone. Williams might beat him, just because of the ridiculous size disparity.

I also can't believe someone brought up Margaritos name in this thread. Tony wouldn't have beaten him even if he was cheating. I think Margarito got exposed for the no skill shitbag that he his.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Mar 21 2009, 10:13 AM) [snapback]429117[/snapback]
I don't think Cotto would be a test, he's too stupid to fight the right kind of fight. He would be wide open to counters, and i think floyd would make him look silly. Mosley, if it were the old mosley, i think would be much better suited, just on handspeed alone. Williams might beat him, just because of the ridiculous size disparity.

I also can't believe someone brought up Margaritos name in this thread. Tony wouldn't have beaten him even if he was cheating. I think Margarito got exposed for the no skill shitbag that he his.

i've always liked your insight rusty into these fights... you dont post enough...
stillperpetuallygrooving
HAHAH hey jluv baby, i know you just didnt spell ABSURD, with an "O"...HAHAHAHA, and you ask how long have i been watching boxing? good sir, i ask you how long have you..FUCKING LEARN HOW TO SPELL YOU KINKY HEADED IDIOT....

also, i love how no one could give me a fighter that mayweather has beat that is better than de la hoya? i love de la hoya and everything but he is not exactly one of the best ever...so, someone PLEASE RIDDLE ME THIS...who, aside from hatton and de la hoya, has mayweather beat that is considered an all time great?

and damarvelousone, you racist piece of shit, shut your fatass mouth...hahah you have never boxed a day in your life you poor ghetto bound gease ball...hahhaha, i am sorry that i would beat your ass and im better looking than you and all, but dont say shit on the internet that your fatass would not say to my face...look, it sucks being black and all, but you dont have to hate calzaghe for being a white dude that beat the ever living fuck outta roy jones jr and made bHop look like a fossil...

im not a mayweather hater, i just think that as of now, he has very few quality wins...AND, i think its very hypocrtical that all you black dudes hate on calzaghe and shit, but you like mayweather? they are the same guy...
stillperpetuallygrooving
HAHAH hey jluv baby, i know you just didnt spell ABSURD, with an "O"...HAHAHAHA, and you ask how long have i been watching boxing? good sir, i ask you how long have you..FUCKING LEARN HOW TO SPELL YOU KINKY HEADED IDIOT....

also, i love how no one could give me a fighter that mayweather has beat that is better than de la hoya? i love de la hoya and everything but he is not exactly one of the best ever...so, someone PLEASE RIDDLE ME THIS...who, aside from hatton and de la hoya, has mayweather beat that is considered an all time great?

and damarvelousone, you racist piece of shit, shut your fatass mouth...hahah you have never boxed a day in your life you poor ghetto bound gease ball...hahhaha, i am sorry that i would beat your ass and im better looking than you and all, but dont say shit on the internet that your fatass would not say to my face...look, it sucks being black and all, but you dont have to hate calzaghe for being a white dude that beat the ever living fuck outta roy jones jr and made bHop look like a fossil...

im not a mayweather hater, i just think that as of now, he has very few quality wins...AND, i think its very hypocrtical that all you black dudes hate on calzaghe and shit, but you like mayweather? they are the same guy...
stillperpetuallygrooving
hahaha how come neither damarvelousone nor jluvbaby could tell me ONE SINGLE all time great that mayweather has fought? you tell me to shut up and im wrong, yet you fail to actually debunk me...so please, PLEASE, prove me wrong? that is all im asking...just tell me who mayweather has fought that is ALL TIME GREAT...he has fought some veyr solid fighters like hatton, oscar, castillo, manfreddy...but, seriously? are any of them all time greats? NAY?!?! SO WHY THE FUCK DO U THINK FLOYD IS?

so, im waiting, all i want is a simple explanation as to why you hate calzaghe more than mayweather? AND, i want to hear why ya'll think that AS OF NOW, mayweather is more of an all time great than calzaghe?

PLEASE, it is very easy? everyone is talking about cotto and pwill, but NO ONE can tell me WHY mayweather is more of an all time great than calzaghe(as of now)?!?!?!
torvix2000
StillPerpetuallyGlove has a point or point(s).

1. Both Mayweather and Calzaghe are undefeated. So DRAW in this aspect.
2. Calzaghe has Hopkins, an excellent all time great, in his resume. At least one excellent all time great here. And Hopkins got better when he got older (defeating Pavlik). And... and... Calzaghe is also old when they fought. So no age excuses here.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:39 PM) [snapback]429140[/snapback]

well you are provin my point igmo... you are a racist.. yeah i dont spell all my words correctly and this is not a spelling bee but this is not about spelling its about knowing what we are talking about when it comes to the sport of boxing and you are a weak link... one thing i can tell you is that i live very well regardless of how i spell obsurd or how ever its supposed to be spelled.. i dont get paid to spell correctly, if i did i am sure i would have retained my spelling from elementry school...lol... you are the bottom of todays society... you are a lost cause... your mind lives in hate which means you will never be happy cuzz you worry bout people like me and dmarv and other people of ethnics... thing is you wouldnt talk this nonscence on the street you are an internet racist and gangsta and a coward.... you talk a good game but where ever you are i am sure you dont go to certain parts of your town... you arent worth killing too much finger energy typing to... any way what you say regarding boxing has no credence what so ever.. you make no scence... you have very limited boxing knoledge and my suggestion to you is to go to youtube and look up boxing and religeon...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:39 PM) [snapback]429140[/snapback]

well you are provin my point igmo... you are a racist.. yeah i dont spell all my words correctly and this is not a spelling bee but this is not about spelling its about knowing what we are talking about when it comes to the sport of boxing and you are a weak link... one thing i can tell you is that i live very well, well enough to have a cadillac and a porsche parked in my garage... regardless of how i spell obsurd or how ever its supposed to be spelled.. i dont get paid to spell correctly... you are the bottom of todays society... you are a lost cause... your mind lives in hate which means you will never be happy cuzz you worry bout people like me and dmarv and other people of ethnics... thing is you wouldnt talk this nonscence on the street you are an internet racist and gangsta and a coward.... you talk a good game but where ever you are i am sure you dont go to certain parts of your own town... you arent worth killing too much finger energy typing to... any way what you say regarding boxing has no credence what so ever.. you make no scence... you have very limited boxing knoledge and my suggestion to you is to go to youtube and look up boxing and religeon... you have a lot to learn in bot h areas...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:45 PM) [snapback]429144[/snapback]
hahaha how come neither damarvelousone nor jluvbaby could tell me ONE SINGLE all time great that mayweather has fought? you tell me to shut up and im wrong, yet you fail to actually debunk me...so please, PLEASE, prove me wrong? that is all im asking...just tell me who mayweather has fought that is ALL TIME GREAT...he has fought some veyr solid fighters like hatton, oscar, castillo, manfreddy...but, seriously? are any of them all time greats? NAY?!?! SO WHY THE FUCK DO U THINK FLOYD IS?

so, im waiting, all i want is a simple explanation as to why you hate calzaghe more than mayweather? AND, i want to hear why ya'll think that AS OF NOW, mayweather is more of an all time great than calzaghe?

PLEASE, it is very easy? everyone is talking about cotto and pwill, but NO ONE can tell me WHY mayweather is more of an all time great than calzaghe(as of now)?!?!?!

you are an ignorant person i dont comment to racist ignorant people.. i could answer your question but its not worth my time.. go to boxrec.com and look it up for your self igmo...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:39 PM) [snapback]429141[/snapback]
FUCKING LEARN HOW TO SPELL YOU KINKY HEADED IDIOT....

oh and for the record my hair doesnt have a chance to get kinky cuzz i wear it in a low fade....lol... IGMO.
KOpower
I'm not going to say that Mayweather needs the money badly but his day is going to come and he needs to bank as much money as possible. The man is simply NOT responsible with his money if he spends it as much as he says he does. If it is just an act, then I am wrong, but if not then needs to get as much as he can now so he isn't stuck fighting way past his prime like Roy Jones has.

Again, I would like to think that Mayweather has invested widely...but I just don't think he has and I think we will see him fighting years past his prime like Roy.
King Eugene
QUOTE(KOpower @ Mar 22 2009, 02:10 AM) [snapback]429244[/snapback]
I'm not going to say that Mayweather needs the money badly but his day is going to come and he needs to bank as much money as possible. The man is simply NOT responsible with his money if he spends it as much as he says he does. If it is just an act, then I am wrong, but if not then needs to get as much as he can now so he isn't stuck fighting way past his prime like Roy Jones has.

Again, I would like to think that Mayweather has invested widely...but I just don't think he has and I think we will see him fighting years past his prime like Roy.

Roy fights cause he wants to, for the glory of it...not cause he needs money.
torvix2000
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 22 2009, 07:31 AM) [snapback]429247[/snapback]

LOL!
D-MARV
Roy could use the money too.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 22 2009, 09:27 AM) [snapback]429259[/snapback]
Roy could use the money too.

I'm sure he could use it...at this point who couldn't use it but like I said I'm sure he doesn't need it.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 22 2009, 03:31 AM) [snapback]429247[/snapback]

I agree. Last nights crowing achievement was a sight to behold!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 20 2009, 09:32 PM) [snapback]429056[/snapback]
you dont think mayweather would beat margarito after that one sided boxing lesson shane put on him?... margarito wouldnt touch mayweather.

QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Mar 21 2009, 10:13 AM) [snapback]429117[/snapback]
I also can't believe someone brought up Margaritos name in this thread. Tony wouldn't have beaten him even if he was cheating.

I said Mayweather wouldn't beat Margarito - not couldn't. And by that I was referring to the fact (maybe I should have made it clearer) that he wouldn't even fight him. No matter how badly Mosley brutalized Margarito it will never change the fact that Floyd ducked him. It doesn't matter whether Floyd could have beaten him with one hand tied behind his back. He didn't. He forever lost a good chunk of respect from a good chunk of folks in the boxing community for that.

Had Shane Mosley fought Floyd's schedule exactly the way Floyd did, he would be 39-0 today too. And the same holds true IMO for Cotto and Williams. For all Floyd's glory, all the talk about him being one of the ATG's, he hasn't done anything those three couldn't have done as well.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 10:24 PM) [snapback]429059[/snapback]

Corrales despite being huge for a lightweight had short arms. He looked like a T-Rex. And his style was well suited for Floyd. He came forward all night, followed his opponent around looking to knock him out.

Williams is a much bigger man than Diego was. 6'3" with ridiculously long arms. He could catch his opponent with a jab between rounds sitting on opposite corners of the ring. And his work rate is much higher.

Truthfully I think it's probably time to stop including Williams in the WW discussion. He's fighting next month as a middleweight. I doubt anyone from the current crop of welters is ever going to fight him.
D-MARV
I think what gets lost here in this argument about Floyd is that he is not a "True" welterweight. We forget the work he has done at prior weight classes.

We constantly call on him to fight guys like Margarito and Paul Williams then frown when we here names like Pacquiao and JMM. In reality, Margarito and PWill hold the same size advantage over Floyd that Floyd holds over JMM and MAnny Pac. As much as I hate Calzaghe, I'll defend him the same way... Let them fight who they choose to fight. Both fighters of done a lot and proven to be great champions. I get mad at Floyd all the time because I believe he can accomplish much more than he has. But you know what... No matter who he beats at this stage, you will still have people hating. If he beats Cotto, then Margarito took a lot out of Cotto. If he beats Mosley then Mosley was past his prime. If he beats Margarito then it was because Mosley exposed him. If he beats PWill then it's, well Quintana already exposed him. Give it a rest. IF Mayweather comes back he wll be challenging the top 2 P4P fighters in the world. (Pac and JMM), I see no harm in that. Despite what many believe, Mayweather is the biggest name in the sport right now, so let him fight whoever. One thing is for sure... Whoever he fights it will be an event and Millions of people will watch in hopes that Mayweather loses.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 22 2009, 11:01 AM) [snapback]429264[/snapback]
I agree. Last nights crowing achievement was a sight to behold!

LOL
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 22 2009, 01:29 PM) [snapback]429285[/snapback]
I think what gets lost here in this argument about Floyd is that he is not a "True" welterweight. We forget the work he has done at prior weight classes.

We constantly call on him to fight guys like Margarito and Paul Williams then frown when we here names like Pacquiao and JMM. In reality, Margarito and PWill hold the same size advantage over Floyd that Floyd holds over JMM and MAnny Pac. As much as I hate Calzaghe, I'll defend him the same way... Let them fight who they choose to fight. Both fighters of done a lot and proven to be great champions. I get mad at Floyd all the time because I believe he can accomplish much more than he has. But you know what... No matter who he beats at this stage, you will still have people hating. If he beats Cotto, then Margarito took a lot out of Cotto. If he beats Mosley then Mosley was past his prime. If he beats Margarito then it was because Mosley exposed him. If he beats PWill then it's, well Quintana already exposed him. Give it a rest. IF Mayweather comes back he wll be challenging the top 2 P4P fighters in the world. (Pac and JMM), I see no harm in that. Despite what many believe, Mayweather is the biggest name in the sport right now, so let him fight whoever. One thing is for sure... Whoever he fights it will be an event and Millions of people will watch in hopes that Mayweather loses.

thats all i have been saying all along.. people seem to forget that floyd started out at 130... now i will say that i believe he has built himself into a welter. but he is a very small welterweight...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 22 2009, 02:29 PM) [snapback]429285[/snapback]

Nicely Put damarvelous1

QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 22 2009, 02:59 PM) [snapback]429289[/snapback]
thats all i have been saying all along.. people seem to forget that floyd started out at 130... now i will say that i believe he has built himself into a welter. but he is a very small welterweight...

Actually he started out a lot lighter than that and gradually moved up. And what many don't understand id that he moved up to 147lbs to specifically challenge both Mosley & DLH. Who both promised to come down to 147lbs also.

So, its apparent that this argument will never be resolved ... which is odd ... because if the haters didn't think highly of Floyd ... they wouldn't be constantly hoping he would fight someone who has a chance in hell of beating him. Even if Floyd got past Mosley, Cotto, Williams, {Insert Name here} .... the haters will want him to fight David Haye next or he still wouldn't be Sh*t. laugh.gif

Ridiculous!!!!!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 22 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]429294[/snapback]
Nicely Put damarvelous1
Actually he started out a lot lighter than that and gradually moved up. And what many don't understand id that he moved up to 147lbs to specifically challenge both Mosley & DLH. Who both promised to come down to 147lbs also.

So, its apparent that this argument will never be resolved ... which is odd ... because if the haters didn't think highly of Floyd ... they wouldn't be constantly hoping he would fight someone who has a chance in hell of beating him. Even if Floyd got past Mosley, Cotto, Williams, {Insert Name here} .... the haters will want him to fight David Haye next or he still wouldn't be Sh*t. laugh.gif

Ridiculous!!!!!

dbd... floyds pro debut was at 130... floyds boxrec but your point is still valid... he moved up to welter actually chasing dela hoya who was the money pit stop on every bodies radar.... and i am sure mosely was in the equation as well... but i dont think the plan was ever to move up and face all the top welters.. it was a money decision... also people seem to forget he through away $20 million to retire from the sport for the hoya rematch... i always figured that if he could just piss off that kind of pay day to retire his heart really had to be out of the game... just my opinion... i left you that boxrec cuzz you said he started lower than 130... i didnt think that was correct.. i have watched his whole career....
D-MARV
Mayweather isn't hanging around the Weterweight division... He left.

I guess my point is that Mayweather only saw dollar signs when he moved up. He figured he can win the linear title when the opportunity presented itself, so he took that too. He never had intrest in fighting guys like Margarito. People said that he was ducking Hatton at 140. When he finally got Hatton in the ring and beat him, all of sudden Hatton sucks. LOL. Thats laughable to me.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 22 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]429300[/snapback]
dbd... floyds pro debut was at 130... floyds boxrec but your point is still valid... he moved up to welter actually chasing dela hoya who was the money pit stop on every bodies radar.... and i am sure mosely was in the equation as well... but i dont think the plan was ever to move up and face all the top welters.. it was a money decision... also people seem to forget he through away $20 million to retire from the sport for the hoya rematch... i always figured that if he could just piss off that kind of pay day to retire his heart really had to be out of the game... just my opinion... i left you that boxrec cuzz you said he started lower than 130... i didnt think that was correct.. i have watched his whole career....

Yeah ... My Baad ..... Thought he started at featherweight {Olympics don't count}
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 21 2009, 02:32 AM) [snapback]429056[/snapback]
you dont think mayweather would beat margarito after that one sided boxing lesson shane put on him?... margarito wouldnt touch mayweather...

Different strokes for different folks. Shane was the one pressing the action a lot in that fight something PBF would never do ala Baldomir.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 22 2009, 06:29 PM) [snapback]429311[/snapback]
Yeah ... My Baad ..... Thought he started at featherweight {Olympics don't count}

lol..you my boy db... had me questioning my boxing knoledge.. i had to look it up to make sure i was right...lol... but its happened.. people forget roy jones pro debut was at 154...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 22 2009, 06:57 PM) [snapback]429315[/snapback]
Different strokes for different folks. Shane was the one pressing the action a lot in that fight something PBF would never do ala Baldomir.

you are correct stev.. maybe IF floyd comes back since marg. got whipped like he did he'll fight him and we'll find out...lol...
JLUVBABY
On another note i am starting to wonder about rather or not floyd is actually coming back... you would think the word out of his camp would have better things to say.. i know ellerbe completely denied the rumor and that dont mean much but i would think they would have had a press conference by now or something... this is one thing i dont like about mayweather.. he plays with the boxing public.. if he's coming back come on.. if not there are still good figths out there...
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 22 2009, 06:50 PM) [snapback]429302[/snapback]
He wanted to move up with the big boys, he can fight with them. I don't know why yourself and others like to give Mayweather a pass because it isn't his natural weight. He made a choice to be there, he should act his part. Nobody put a gun to his head to move up, so if he doesn't want to fight fighters in his weight class, move back down. It's really that simple. Could you imagine Marquez or Pacquiao sticking around at 130-135 and calling out and wanting to fight fighters like Vasquez, Darchinyan, Donaire, R.Marquez etc? When they could be fighting fighters like Diaz, Guzman, Campbell, Katsidis etc? They wouldn't get passes because "it's not their natural weight" and they wouldn't do it anyways because they show some balls.
I can accept it isn't Mayweather's natural weight, and that's fine. But if it's a problem for him, move down but I'm not going to give him a pass.

I understand your logic and I know you weren't referring to me directly but what I'm saying is Marquez called Floyd out after the Diaz fight so he should move up right? When Floyd called Oscar out he went up to 147 and then 154 right? Hatton called Floyd out during an interview after one of his fights right? He also moved up to make the challenge. If Floyd calls out Pac-Man I DO AGREE he should move down to fight him...especially since Floyd has no belts. But my thing is, if your doing the calling out, you should be the ones making the adjustments.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 22 2009, 08:26 PM) [snapback]429322[/snapback]
lol..you my boy db... had me questioning my boxing knoledge.. i had to look it up to make sure i was right...lol... but its happened.. people forget roy jones pro debut was at 154...

But guess who didn't.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I remember him fighting in recreation park gyms with Jordache trunks on. LMAO
Lil-lightsout
Pac started at 106lbs, he looks to be a pretty damn solid jr. welterweight considering how he looked at welterweight.
Mosley started at lightweight, he is a solid welterweight.
Roy started at jr. middleweight, turned into a solid light heavyweight.
Oscar started at jr. lightweight, eventually turned into good welterweight and jr. middleweight.
And so on and so on.

Point is Floyd is a welterweight to me, cause he fought his last bunch of fights there(besides the ODLH fight where he was at jr. middleweight). And he looks like a damn solid looking welterweight. I could careless if he started at jr. lightweight, he got older and his body matured into a welterweight. Last time Floyd fought at super lightweight was in 2005.

Also, no freaking way was Floyd ever going to KO AM. He would have boxed circles around him, but no way KO'd him.
D-MARV
Yep. Chris Arreola was fighting at 160 when he first started. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.