Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Froch vs Taylor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Haven't seen anyone mention it and I think it'll be a really entertaining clash.

Thoughts?
JD
It's better than a month away...give it some time.

Froch is going to handle JT.
D-MARV
Should be exciting! Froch has the ability to outbox Taylor but he will turn it into a brawl by which Taylor's harder shot will be the difference.
JT 115-113
JLUVBABY
i havent seen enough of froch to give a thought based prediction... can someone tell me about him.. i've seen clips of him but its hard to judge a fighter based off clips... they dont show him here in the states... at least i havent seen him on the tube if they do...
ROLL DEEP
Hell yeah!

I cant wait for this fight. It'll be a great fight. I cant see Froch being sensible and boxing well....he'll end up getting into a brawl, which maybe isn't the best tactic, but will make for an entertaining fight!
King Eugene
Haven't seen much of Froch besides some youtube clips and read some interviews. He sounds like a Calzaghe wannabe. I'm looking for Taylor to drop an finish him within 8.
hardhead
I've never seen Froch wither but heard he had a war with pascal and he's a pretty good boxer that likes to brawl, sounds like it could be a good competitive fight..
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 09:55 PM) [snapback]429051[/snapback]
Haven't seen much of Froch besides some youtube clips and read some interviews. He sounds like a Calzaghe wannabe. I'm looking for Taylor to drop an finish him within 8.

Being that Taylor hasn't stopped anyone since Daniel Edouard 4 years ago...and Froch hasn't been so much as dropped in his career, I don't quite see JT banging him out inside of 8.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 20 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]429065[/snapback]
Being that Taylor hasn't stopped anyone since Daniel Edouard 4 years ago...and Froch hasn't been so much as dropped in his career, I don't quite see JT banging him out inside of 8.

He had Pavlik on queer street. Had he been throwing more upper cuts instead winging wild hooks he would have got him out of there. Should've would've could've but didnt. We'll see this time around.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 11:54 PM) [snapback]429066[/snapback]
He had Pavlik on queer street. Had he been throwing more upper cuts instead winging wild hooks he would have got him out of there. Should've would've could've but didnt. We'll see this time around.

But he didn't get him out of there, and by the end of the round, Pavlik got up and was the one on the offensive. In the end, Pavlik was able to do what Taylor has been incapable of doing over the past 4 years...and that is finish his man.

Like I said, Froch has never been down in his career. I just don't see Taylor banging him out of there inside of 8 when he hasn't been able to bang out guys that were significantly smaller, with much weaker chins.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 21 2009, 01:32 AM) [snapback]429076[/snapback]
But he didn't get him out of there, and by the end of the round, Pavlik got up and was the one on the offensive. In the end, Pavlik was able to do what Taylor has been incapable of doing over the past 4 years...and that is finish his man.

Like I said, Froch has never been down in his career. I just don't see Taylor banging him out of there inside of 8 when he hasn't been able to bang out guys that were significantly smaller, with much weaker chins.

Yea your right. Thats just what I'm hoping for. I just want want Froch to be brutally stopped. To me Jermaine is not a big finisher, he looks to out box you 12 straight rounds but if he has the opportunity to KO you he will but rarely does. Hell he even had a few chances to stop Lacy but failed to do so.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 21 2009, 01:35 AM) [snapback]429078[/snapback]
Yea your right. Thats just what I'm hoping for. I just want want Froch to be brutally stopped. To me Jermaine is not a big finisher, he looks to out box you 12 straight rounds but if he has the opportunity to KO you he will but rarely does. Hell he even had a few chances to stop Lacy but failed to do so.

You should watch a little more on Froch. The dude is pretty good...he is strong...awkward...has power...and a hell of a chin. He can box, and he can slug.
King Eugene
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 21 2009, 01:37 AM) [snapback]429080[/snapback]
You should watch a little more on Froch. The dude is pretty good...he is strong...awkward...has power...and a hell of a chin. He can box, and he can slug.

I seen the Pascal fight. I know he can box, he seems to want to slug more though. He's a true crowd pleaser.
JD
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 21 2009, 01:39 AM) [snapback]429082[/snapback]
I seen the Pascal fight. I know he can box, he seems to want to slug more though. He's a true crowd pleaser.

He likes to fight, no doubt about that.

Lil-lightsout
Never seen Froch fight, so I do not know what to expect. Never been a big JT fan, so to be honest I'll probably be rooting for Froch. Hopefully we get a good scrap regardless.
King Eugene
WOW I'm really slacking. I did not know SRL held the WBC super middleweight title before Nigel Benn and Chris Eubanks.
Maxy
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 08:55 PM) [snapback]429051[/snapback]

Why would you say that?

Froch is an exciting fighter with a seemingly granite chin and a willingness to slug it out. His uppercut is a great shot and although he isn't the biggest puncher out there, I'm pretty sure he packs more pop in his shots than Calzaghe.

I like Froch. I wish Calzaghe would have boxed him. It would have made sense from a British standpoint but Joe ducked out of it.

Froch-Taylor should be a great fight. Froch needs to win and win big to up his marketability overseas. I hope he does but most of all I look forward to a top notch fight.
ROLL DEEP
Yeah, Froch is pretty much the anti-Calzaghe.

He was calling Calzaghe out for years and years before Joe retired. Plus, Froch really does want all the big fights. As soon as he won the WBC title (Not the protected WBO strap) , who is his first fight? Jermain Taylor....not excactly a bum name. Froch is also fighting over in the US, which is a far cry from Calzaghe winning the WBO title and fighting Tocker Pudwill or whatever his name was in his living room.

Froch is exciting, can bang, can box, good chin and is an entertainer. He wants all the big fights and is willing to travel....how can you not like him?!
lloyd mayflower
lets not forget this will only be jermain "no intentions" taylors 2nd fight at 168. and his first was against lacy who has been as much use as tits on a fish since being brutally exposed by calzaghe. I think/hope froch will smash him

Also, i dont agree that calzaghe ducked froch, Calzaghe was on the world stage while froch was working up to british titles and when he got to the world level calzaghe was clearly ready to bow out . IMO the fight never looked like making sense.
I respect the way froch has climbed the rankings, the way it should be, but dont just keep harping on about calzaghe, it takes the dignity out of it. Build your own legacy on your own name

D-MARV
Froch can outbox Taylor easily. He may beat Taylor if he doesn't get into an exchange...

Calzaghe beats Froch in my opinion.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 20 2009, 11:52 PM) [snapback]429087[/snapback]
WOW I'm really slacking. I did not know SRL held the WBC super middleweight title before Nigel Benn and Chris Eubanks.

IIRC, He was the first to hold that title.
Maxy
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 21 2009, 11:18 AM) [snapback]429120[/snapback]
IIRC, He was the first to hold that title.

Yeah but it was kinda iffy cos he won that belt and the WBC light heavyweight title in the same night by stopping Donny LaLonde.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 21 2009, 12:18 PM) [snapback]429125[/snapback]
Yeah but it was kinda iffy cos he won that belt and the WBC light heavyweight title in the same night by stopping Donny LaLonde.

you're right max... that fight didnt make since as far as having two belts from two divisions on the line... how does that happen?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 21 2009, 11:18 AM) [snapback]429125[/snapback]

Yes, I recall. That was a shady deal...
Hodge
From what I saw from the Froch v. Pascal fight, he looked like Enzo Mac and Joe Cal. I don't know but if hopping around with your hands down make you great then he's going to win. I don't know. Jermaine has capability but he gets lax in there. It's a toss up between two super middleweights who won't beat Mikkel Kessler or Andre Ward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.