Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: calzaghe vs. mayweather, who is...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
stillperpetuallygrooving
more of an all time great AS OF NOW...assuming mayweather comes back and picks up a few more solid victory's than he definetely would be...BUT, as of now, who should rank higher and why?

also, who do you "hate" more, and WHY?
BigG
ummmm...MAYWEATHER

Calzaghe's only time vs. a true P4Per he fought a 43 year old, got put on his ass...did his usually crappy looking, amateurish SLAPS which didn't land..and lost IMO.

Mayweather is the better TALENT and the better quality fighter.
stillperpetuallygrooving
i started this topic because i could not get any legit responses from people...all i got was "shutup" and then i was told that i was "obsurd"? HAHAHAHA, some dumbass could not even spell absurd right...

but anyways, i want SERIOUS debates here? give me REAL NAMES of all time great fighters that mayweather has beat?
BigG
Mayweather has beaten several good fighters...Calzaghe's beaten an avergae Lacy, Kessler, a fight he lost vs. Hopkins, and Kessler... I'll say Mayweather is greater because of his obvious advantage in talent and skill compared to Calzaghe...altho both are going to the HOF...
stillperpetuallygrooving
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 21 2009, 06:49 PM) [snapback]429147[/snapback]
ummmm...MAYWEATHER

Calzaghe's only time vs. a true P4Per he fought a 43 year old, got put on his ass...did his usually crappy looking, amateurish SLAPS which didn't land..and lost IMO.

Mayweather is the better TALENT and the better quality fighter.

uhhh, dude calzaghe made roy jones jr. look like a LITTLE ASS BITCH...and if you consider roy jones an all time great, as well as bhop, then why not calzaghe? and dont fucking give me that, "oh they were not in their primes" and "oh, he slapped them to death"...dude he busted roy's eye WIDE THE FUCK OPEN...have you ever seen roy bleed like that? i sure have not? dude he made roy look fucking stupid, embarrassed his knappy headed ass in front of his kids, and family, and fans....HAHAHHA he taunted him, just fucked his world up comPLETELY...also, bhop beat pavlik pretty good, OBVIOUSLY showing that he is still a very very skilled fighter that is still in his prime...

WHO THE FUCK HAS MAYWEATHER BEAT??!?! seriously, everyone here discredits oscar, but yet they want to count it as a quality win for mayweather? ok, so aside from DLH and hatton, WHO THE FUCK has he beat?>!?! names please?? any all time great fighters like calzaghe has beat, 2 of htem to be exact...
stillperpetuallygrooving
dude, roy jones jr. is a very good fighter...joe calzaghe was 37 going on 38...roy was 40, bhop was 43...im just saying, if you wanna give bHOP credit for beating pavlik, then you have to say calzaghe is better than him, CAUSE HE WHOPPED THAT HEAD, BOY!

so dont even say "age" cause calzaghe was just as old...im just saying, if you consider bHOP an all time great then YOU HAVE to consider the man that beat him better...

by the way, im still waiting on all time greats that mayweather beat...
BigG
And DUDE, I'm telling you Roy Jones was shot as FUCK...got his ass beatdown, hurt, and KTFO against Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver...looked average and slower against the likes of Badu Amaju or whatever the hell his name was and that guy Anthony Hanshaw...and unable to KO an overweight, WASHED UP Tito..just showed how far gone was...

Do you also give Leon Spinks credit for beating Ali?

I've seen both fighters fight many times, and you cant tell me Calzaghe is better than the likes of Mayweather, Pacman...etc...TRUE GREATS.
stillperpetuallygrooving
hahaha come on dude, calzaghe did not lose to hopkins? are u serious? he fucking landed over 250 punches compared to hopkins 150....NO ONE has ever even landed close to that many shots on bernard...he was outclassed, outMANNED, and simply was beat by a man with greater talents and skills...

oh yeah...still waiting on who mayweather beat that was so impressive...angel manfreddy? HAHA...carlos baldomir? HAHAHA....

mayweather has just as many quality wins as calzaghe...face it dude, you are black and you just can't take it that a white boy came in that ring and manned up and beat down two black fighters...HAHAHA, making one look like a little bitch, and the other look like a senile, slow old man....
stillperpetuallygrooving
still waiting on great fighters that mayweather beat....

Box in Hand
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 04:53 PM) [snapback]429152[/snapback]
uhhh, dude calzaghe made roy jones jr. look like a LITTLE ASS BITCH...and if you consider roy jones an all time great, as well as bhop, then why not calzaghe? and dont fucking give me that, "oh they were not in their primes" and "oh, he slapped them to death"...dude he busted roy's eye WIDE THE FUCK OPEN...have you ever seen roy bleed like that? i sure have not? dude he made roy look fucking stupid, embarrassed his knappy headed ass in front of his kids, and family, and fans....HAHAHHA he taunted him, just fucked his world up comPLETELY...also, bhop beat pavlik pretty good, OBVIOUSLY showing that he is still a very very skilled fighter that is still in his prime...

WHO THE FUCK HAS MAYWEATHER BEAT??!?! seriously, everyone here discredits oscar, but yet they want to count it as a quality win for mayweather? ok, so aside from DLH and hatton, WHO THE FUCK has he beat?>!?! names please?? any all time great fighters like calzaghe has beat, 2 of htem to be exact...

Knappy headed? Who the fuck are you, David Duke? State your opinion without racism.
BigG
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 11:01 PM) [snapback]429155[/snapback]
hahaha come on dude, calzaghe did not lose to hopkins? are u serious? he fucking landed over 250 punches compared to hopkins 150....NO ONE has ever even landed close to that many shots on bernard...he was outclassed, outMANNED, and simply was beat by a man with greater talents and skills...

oh yeah...still waiting on who mayweather beat that was so impressive...angel manfreddy? HAHA...carlos baldomir? HAHAHA....

mayweather has just as many quality wins as calzaghe...face it dude, you are black and you just can't take it that a white boy came in that ring and manned up and beat down two black fighters...HAHAHA, making one look like a little bitch, and the other look like a senile, slow old man....

First off, I'm not black...

2nd, Calzaghe did not land 250 punches on Bernard. No fucking way...first off, Compubox had Calzaghe landing 220 punches, which everyone agree's is off.

Secondly, Mayweather has beaten Genaro Hernandez, Carlos Herandendez, iego Corrales, Zab Judah (Calzaghe's win over a SHOT shell of Jones is absolutely NO Better than a win over Judah), Jesus Chavez, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, and fuckI consider Carlos Baldomir better and more skilled than the OVRRATED Lacy, Sharmba Mitchell, Jose Luis Castillo.

So you tell me, aside from Hopkins, what great fighter has Calzaghe fought?

I also think Mayweather retired too early..but no way is Calzaghe greater than Mayweather. Mayweather has a better legacy and better skills...
stillperpetuallygrooving
who the fuck is david duke?

oh im sorry, racist? why dont you look at damarvelousone's signature? obviously he belives for some odd reason that black fightters are better than white fighters? im just fighting fire with fire dude...

which is the same reason why i started tihs post...to expose the racist blacks on these boards that hate on calzaghe, yet hug mayweathers nuts...and the funny thing is, THEY ARE THE SAME FIGHTER...cocky, arrogant, both undefeated because they dodged real competition their entire career...well mayweather still has a chance to redeem himself cause he is young enough to still continue fighting....
stillperpetuallygrooving
diego corrales was an awesome fighter...i didnt know mayweather had fought him...ok, ill give him that, and castillo as well...but i think kessler and robin reid are better, if not equally as talented as the aforementioned...

come on dude, that is such a cop out to say a fighter is "shot" and "out of their prime"...yet when Bhop beat pavlik i bet you were not saying that then...

still, i dont understand how someone can like mayweather but not like calzaghe? there has to be some other factor for the love and hate aside from boxing...and that is what i am exposing...
BigG
Robin Reid..I'm sorry dude..just no...and wasn't that fight very close?

I admit, I like Mayweather better because I prefer his style of fighting. I like slick fighters best...just my personal preference. I like fighters many seem to hate like Zahir Raheem and Paulie Malginaggi.

And although he is kind of an underachiever and shouldve fought Cotto and Mosley...you can't deny his talents...when other fights try to imitate his style in the ring, other fighters have called him the best fighter alive in any weight...

I give Calzaghe mad props for 2 fights...beating Kessler, and taking Hopkins on and making it close. But he chose to go out against a shot legend and taunted more than he fought.

I also give Calzaghe credit for how he operates in the ring, conditioning, and longetivity.

Are they both retired undefeated champions? Yes.

Are they HOF? Yes.

Did they retire without fighting guys they should've fought? Yes...

Who is greater? I'd say Mayweather was greater.
buford54
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:53 PM) [snapback]429152[/snapback]

Chill out.
Calzaghe made a career of fighting nobodies in Wales.
The issue with Calzaghe is that he COULD have made fights with Hopkins and Jones in all of their respective "primes." He waited until both Hopkins and Jones had lost several times before taking that risk. Roy was shot (do you even need proof...his ONLY win of late was over a fat, bloated Tito and he still couldn't put him away), and Hopkins had revealed that at 43 he couldn't handle high-activity (Joe's main strength).
Mayweather at least beat a prime Corrales and a prime Jose Luis Castillo. Jesus Chavez and Carlos Hernandez were also legit fighters.
The main difference between the two is that Floyd fought good competition early on, and then coasted later on to make big money. Joe spent his entire career making easy money then towards the end said, "oh crap, I have absolutely no names on my resume...who can I fight who's name will look really good in 10 years, but I can retire undefeated?"

To be honest, I think they'll both go down as a waste of talent. But Joe is a bigger waste of talent.

BigG
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 11:16 PM) [snapback]429160[/snapback]

oh im sorry, racist? why dont you look at damarvelousone's signature? obviously he belives for some odd reason that black fightters are better than white fighters? im just fighting fire with fire dude...

which is the same reason why i started tihs post...to expose the racist blacks on these boards that hate on calzaghe, yet hug mayweathers nuts...and the funny thing is, THEY ARE THE SAME FIGHTER...cocky, arrogant, both undefeated because they dodged real competition their entire career...well mayweather still has a chance to redeem himself cause he is young enough to still continue fighting....

I don't know what Dmarv believes but I can assure you he's not a racist.
BigG
stillperpetuallygrooving, I agree that Floyd needs to fight Mosley at least. He should be given credit for the DLH fight because he was the smaller man that moved up to 154 to take on a very skilled, GREAT champion...or at least a very good one.

I believe Manny Pacquiao (not a big fan but just my opinion) and Bernard Hopkins are the best fighters of the generation with Jones, Marquez, Morales, Mayweather, Mosley, Barrera, right behind that.

I believe Calzaghe is also the better fighters of this generation but not as good as the fighters above..
Box in Hand
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:16 PM) [snapback]429160[/snapback]

I'm Afro-American and I happen to like Calzaghe a great deal. I think his footwork is impetuos, his hand speed matches most blacks if not a majority of them. He's intelligent as hell and he's brave. I do think Mayweather is a better fighter but only time will tell since May is continuing his career.

Now, to refer to a black person as knappy headed, damn didn't you learn anything from Don Imus? That's a no no, and deserves a response.

By the way, David Duke is former leader of the Ku Klux Klan.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 06:20 PM) [snapback]429161[/snapback]
diego corrales was an awesome fighter...i didnt know mayweather had fought him...ok, ill give him that, and castillo as well...but i think kessler and robin reid are better, if not equally as talented as the aforementioned...

come on dude, that is such a cop out to say a fighter is "shot" and "out of their prime"...yet when Bhop beat pavlik i bet you were not saying that then...

still, i dont understand how someone can like mayweather but not like calzaghe? there has to be some other factor for the love and hate aside from boxing...and that is what i am exposing...

i was going to answer your question till i read this post more and saw that you didnt know that mayweather had fought corrales... buddy you havent been watching the game long enough to shit talk on no fighter... for you to put robin reid in the same sentence as diego corrales is showing your pedigree as a fan in this sport... you seem to only know mayweather as a welterweight... same can be said for the kessler comment at this point.. he might show to be a good fighter but he's not there yet... he is no where near a corrales and for sure not equal... calzaghe is a fighter that was moved correctly.. and not to hate has some skill... but his best wins are over 40+ fighters come on man... and he quit when it was just getting good.. when we could find out his real pedigree... his one defining fight was dawson and he decided to lay it down... one more fight and that was it.. he knows the deal he would have got his ass kicked... and i'm not so sure he gets past glenn johnson... you are committing boxing sin comparing calzaghe to mayweather... learn your sport my man...
BigG
Nope because I thought Mayweather-Castillo I was a draw, 113-113 while I thought Hopkins-Calzaghe was a win for Hopkins 115-113. Both were close fights.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 06:16 PM) [snapback]429160[/snapback]

i hadnt read this post yet.. so i had to comment.. i'm black and while a fan of money mays not a nut hugger... i could care less if he won or loss it doesnt affect my wallet... but i can tell you i know true skill when i see it.. i been watching this sport since the late 70's since i was a kid and rather blacks or who ever is telling you that mayweather is head and shoulders above calzaghe is not because of racism its because it is solid fact... calzaghe is an ok fighter.. he is not a great fighter by no means but a good solid fighter... he is not a first ballot hall of famer... even though he retired undefeated... to put him into perspective with white fighters of the not so distance past since you wanna go there... guys like mickey ward and arturo gatti have better chances of going to the hall of fame before calzaghe because even though they have losses they didnt back down and they proved their pedigree... you talk like either 1 a kid or youngster that hasnt been in the sport long or 2 a back wood country hick thats been stuck in the mountains too long watching what ever fight you can see on your limited satelitle feed...
torvix2000
Calzaghe is better.

#1. He has "beaten" Hopkins, a type of fighter who got better when becoming older. When Calzaghe was old, too.
#2. He proved the effectiveness of the Slapping Punch. Like Kame Hame wave... or the Bolo Punch... etc.

Sometimes... and sometimes... to be greater you need to fight people more skilled than you. So that you can also showcase some components of your fighting abilities like chin, pressure, power, speed, whatever. And if you think that your skills are above everyone else, then show them on the ring. By fighting current fighters who people want you to fight. Mayweather can do this. CAN... but as of this time... CAN'T.
BigG
I agree that it was close, but when I score it round by round, Hopkins comes out on top with a 115-113 score.

Just my opinion. I've seen many score it for Hopkins and many score it for Calzaghe. If you want to say it was a close fight that could've gone either way fine.
D-MARV
-Mayweather is the better fighter because he is black and Calzaghe is White!

-Andre Berto is better than Willie Pep

-Tony Thompson is better than Rocky Marciano

JLUVBABY
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Mar 21 2009, 07:41 PM) [snapback]429177[/snapback]
Calzaghe is better.

#1. He has "beaten" Hopkins, a type of fighter who got better when becoming older. When Calzaghe was old, too.
#2. He proved the effectiveness of the Slapping Punch. Like Kame Hame wave... or the Bolo Punch... etc.

Sometimes... and sometimes... to be greater you need to fight people more skilled than you. So that you can also showcase some components of your fighting abilities like chin, pressure, power, speed, whatever. And if you think that your skills are above everyone else, then show them on the ring. By fighting current fighters who people want you to fight. Mayweather can do this. CAN... but as of this time... CAN'T.

dont dothis torvix.. i have a lot of respect for your post so far.... calzaghe could possibly beat dawson...lol, yeah right... but he didnt cuzz he quit the sport.. his legacy is not fullfilled no matter how much you or his fans want to say it is.. calzaghe hasnt come close to beating the caliber of fighters floyd mayweather has...
D-MARV
Calzaghe is a great fighter but he wouldn't beat Chad Dawson. He'll beat everybody else in the division though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 21 2009, 08:13 PM) [snapback]429184[/snapback]
Calzaghe is a great fighter but he wouldn't beat Chad Dawson. He'll beat everybody else in the division though.

dmarv.. calzaghe is a good solid fighter but he is not a great fighter.. there is a diffrence...
torvix2000
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 22 2009, 01:06 AM) [snapback]429182[/snapback]
dont dothis torvix.. i have a lot of respect for your post so far.... calzaghe could possibly beat dawson...lol, yeah right... but he didnt cuzz he quit the sport.. his legacy is not fullfilled no matter how much you or his fans want to say it is.. calzaghe hasnt come close to beating the caliber of fighters floyd mayweather has...

LOL! I'm not a fan of Calzaghe. Unlike some people here, I get curious instead of pissed off, whenever some fighters' styles are outside the norms. BigGeorge probably hates Cal slapping technique but I... no... I get curious. I ask questions like, "Why couldn't they do something about that slapping punches of Cal. Why couldn't they simply walk through them and knock the fouck out of him.".

Don't worry. Mayweather is fighting soon. He'll be able to prove more solidly his position in the ATG list.
D-MARV
Im not a fan of Calzaghe... But dude is a great fighter.

Top 100 without question.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 21 2009, 08:38 PM) [snapback]429191[/snapback]
Im not a fan of Calzaghe... But dude is a great fighter.

Top 100 without question.

top 100... 90 thru 100 yeah i can see that...lol
BigG
I agree with you DMarverlous one, he is a great fighter and like I said, he will be in the HOF. He deserves credit for being an adaptable fighter and a well conditioned one and has longetivity. Even though I don't like his amateurish slaps, I give him credit.

But I wouldn't know if I would call him an ATG? His only fight vs. a P4Per is a controversial win over aging Hopkins which I give him credit for fighting and Kessler. Before he fought Kessler, he was like another Sven Ottke.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 21 2009, 08:58 PM) [snapback]429196[/snapback]
I agree with you DMarverlous one, he is a great fighter and like I said, he will be in the HOF. He deserves credit for being an adaptable fighter and a well conditioned one and has longetivity. Even though I don't like his amateurish slaps, I give him credit.

But I wouldn't know if I would call him an ATG? His only fight vs. a P4Per is a controversial win over aging Hopkins which I give him credit for fighting and Kessler. Before he fought Kessler, he was like another Sven Ottke.

thats what i said hes a good solid fighter but def. not an all time great, and def. not a first ballot h.o.fer.... cal. left while his career was just bout to get tested... there is no disputing that...regardless of his age he had a barometer to test what he could do at his age in hopkins.. he had a few more fights in him... say what you want but he had more to prove... if you want to compare careers imma compare him to hopkins who was an older fighter that finally got his chance late in his career.. him quitting after hopkins would be like hopkins giving it up after he beat trinidad.. except for the fact at that point hopkins had done beat a lot better fighter at that point in his career... to compare hopkins at that point would be to say the same thing... even with his losses to taylor he showed and proved his pedigree... calzaghe hasnt had a chance to do that.... its like he gave it up THINKING he had done enough and maybe in his mind he has but to compare what he has done compared to the greats he aint done shit...
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 21 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]429196[/snapback]

I wouldn't call him ATG either. do you consider top 100 ATG?
JD
Calzaghe is a great fighter...and I believe that even now, he would handle Chad Dawson.

But Floyd Mayweather is greater.
JLUVBABY
i didnt want to make a thread for it but its interesting no thread on the roy jones fight tonight.. he looks shot by the way... winning but shot... at this point glenn johnson murders him.. again...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]429161[/snapback]
diego corrales was an awesome fighter...i didnt know mayweather had fought him...ok, ill give him that, and castillo as well...

Fucking hilarious!!! You come on this board and act like you know everything and spew all this racist crap. You OBVIOUSLY don't know jack about boxing if you had no clue Diego Corrales fought Floyd Mayweather. You want to come on hear and say how Floyd ain't fought nobody, and make a thread who is greater, and YOU do not even truly know who Mayweather has fought! WTF? So for your info, Corrales was an undefeated power puncher at the time(33-0) and many picked him to beat Floyd in that fight. Well, Floyd fought the perfect fight in destroying Chico in his best performance ever. I can not stand Floyd's antics, but he is a great fighter who fought some very respectable names in his career. I would like him to now fight some good or great welterweights now.

Floyd has easily faced the better overall competition throughout his entire career than Joe Calzaghe. It would be ABSURD to think otherwise.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 21 2009, 11:31 PM) [snapback]429216[/snapback]
Fucking hilarious!!! You come on this board and act like you know everything and spew all this racist crap. You OBVIOUSLY don't know jack about boxing if you had no clue Diego Corrales fought Floyd Mayweather. You want to come on hear and say how Floyd ain't fought nobody, and make a thread who is greater, and YOU do not even truly know who Mayweather has fought! WTF? So for your info, Corrales was an undefeated power puncher at the time(33-0) and many picked him to beat Floyd in that fight. Well, Floyd fought the perfect fight in destroying Chico in his best performance ever. I can not stand Floyd's antics, but he is a great fighter who fought some very respectable names in his career. I would like him to now fight some good or great welterweights now.

Floyd has easily faced the better overall competition throughout his entire career than Joe Calzaghe. It would be ABSURD to think otherwise.

that dudes ignorant lil light foot.. ignore him he's not worth too much typing other than to tell him how sorry and ignorant he is.. on another note roy jones just won by quick stoppage...lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 22 2009, 12:22 AM) [snapback]429230[/snapback]
Hopkins didn't get better when he got older. I think he was smart, used his brain more and had to think a little more because he declined a bit through old age, but made up for it in other areas. He certainly didn't become a better fighter after the Trinidad fight, he just didn't take a sudden drop in form. I think saying he got better with age is misleading, unless you are implying he got better in his early 30's or something leading up to the Trinidad fight (which is still old), but I doubt you are talking about that time frame, and talking about recently, because I noticed you mentioned the Pavlik fight some where earlier to use as an example of him becoming better with age.

you are correct fitz... hopkins didint become a better fighter he became a smarter fighter... he was at is best in the mid to late 90's when he wasnt getting props from nobody and avoided by all the top names...
Thegreatequalizer
i am a fan of calzaghe. i consider him a great fighter. one of the best super middles of all time. not necessarily an atg, though.

i am NOT a fan of floyd mayweather. i consider him a great fighter. i don't really consider him atg, at this point, either.

regardless, floyd has beaten the better competition by far.
torvix2000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 22 2009, 05:22 AM) [snapback]429230[/snapback]
Hopkins didn't get better when he got older. I think he was smart, used his brain more and had to think a little more because he declined a bit through old age, but made up for it in other areas. He certainly didn't become a better fighter after the Trinidad fight, he just didn't take a sudden drop in form. I think saying he got better with age is misleading, unless you are implying he got better in his early 30's or something leading up to the Trinidad fight (which is still old), but I doubt you are talking about that time frame, and talking about recently, because I noticed you mentioned the Pavlik fight some where earlier to use as an example of him becoming better with age.

Okay, you are right. He became smarter. He made up for age in some other areas. And you mentioned he didn't take a sudden drop in form.

That's why I'm saying that Calzaghe has beaten one ATG who isn't so far out of his game yet.

Mayweather has beaten Corrales? Castillo? Dela Hoya? Which one is an ATG who isn't so far out of his game yet?
D-MARV
I give Calzaghe all the props in the world for beating Hopkins.

I gave him props for beating Kessler.

I also give him props for beating Lacy even though at the time he was overrated, I still give him props. If you give Hopkins props for beating Pavlik, you should give Calzaghe props for busting up Lacy.

Dawson beats Calzaghe IMHO
lloyd mayflower
I'm a fan of calzaghe, and have been to a couple of his fights including the jones one, and also, i fucking hate floyd, which is why it hurts to say that mayweather is a far more skilled and gifted technician in the ring. that hurt.

On another note, Stillperpetuallygroovin, u made a rip roaring cunt of yourself right from the off and throughout this thread. no need to go any deeper into it THAN that, just AN observation
JD
I just actually read this thread.

Stillperpetuallygrooving...lose the racist overtones.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 22 2009, 10:59 AM) [snapback]429263[/snapback]
I just actually read this thread.

Stillperpetuallygrooving...lose the racist overtones.

I don't understand how he hasn't been banned yet?
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 22 2009, 11:14 AM) [snapback]429265[/snapback]
I don't understand how he hasn't been banned yet?

You don't ban for being opinionated and loud...or even ignorant. Racism on the other hand nets a warning and than a booting.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Mar 21 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]429156[/snapback]
still waiting on great fighters that mayweather beat....

Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo.

Those two right there are better wins than anyone on Calzaghe's resume...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 21 2009, 10:31 PM) [snapback]429216[/snapback]
So for your info, Corrales was an undefeated power puncher at the time(33-0) and many picked him to beat Floyd in that fight.

At 130 lbs, Corrales was a fucking Monster....
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's put it head to head

Calzaghe's cream of the crop: Kessler,Hopkins

Good wins: Lacy, Jones(even an old one), Eubanks

Decent: Reid, Brewer, Bika, and a whole other assortment of fighters he beat convincingly

Mayweather's cream of the crop: Castillo 2X (officially), Corrales, Hatton, DLH (a bigger man with power and handspeed) and he beat Genaro Hernandez just 2 years after the olympics.

Good wins: Henrnadez, Manfredy, Chavez, Corley, Judah, Baldomir,

I think you have to take into account how these 2 fighters beat their competition, I give credit to Calzagghe for dominating guys like Manfredo. It shows he is waaaaay superiror to them. But Mayweather did so too and against better comp. To me there is no question PBF is greater.
stillperpetuallygrooving
ok, all because i did not know floyd fought diego i dont know shit about boxing? you are right, i just started watching boxing three years ago at the same time when i started boxing myself...nobody else on these boards has EVER been in the ring with someone boxing for real, HAHA no one here is even a real athlete except for myself...so that is why i know more about boxing, regardless how long you have been watching...I AM A REAL BOXER...

just too prove how good looking i am, and how in shape i am...check out my myspace page..
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...7738865937...or for those of you that are scared to click on links...just go to myspace.com and seach for "kyle westmoreland"...so yeah, i am a real athlete and I HAVE ACTUALLY PUT ON THE GLOVES, and stepped in the ring and boxed...HAHAHA, god, i would LOVe to see what damarvelousone and some of these other CHUBBY black people on here look like...

oh yeah, i am a college graduate and i am law school bound this fall...so an ignorant racist mountain hick? i think not...i told you, i just can't stand people like damarvelousone that think black fighters are the best...the only reason it appears that way, is because more black people pursue boxing and other athletics as a way to make money, while more white people pursue intellectual jobs...it is starting to become evident now, as more white people are boxing, that there is no superior race...in fact, look at the rankings, there are ten times more whites and latins then blacks (and yes, im including europeans as whites, because the klitschko's are WHITE, nationality is NOT a race, so while they are ukranian, they are white....just like sam peters is from nigeria, but he is still black..)

why has no one called damarvelousone racist? did you not see his fucking signature? that sounds a lot omre racist than calling someone Knappy headed...besides, DONT BLACK PEOPLE HAVE KNAPPY ASS HEADS? HAHAHA, so WHAT DID I DO ASIDE FROM SPEAK THE TRUTH?
stillperpetuallygrooving
hahah, oh yeah, JLUVBABY, what do you have to say for yourself on not knowing how to spell absurd? HAHAHA, did you really think it was spelled with an "O"...hahaha i know it wasnt a typo because hte A and hte O are on the opposite side of the keyboard....HAHAHAHA, you fucking retard...learn to spell before you try to EVER tell anyone anything...HAHAHA, wow, it must suck to be your fatass...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.