Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik Vs Abraham
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
By Mark Vester

There could be chance that one of the more anticipated fights in boxing will actually happen. Provided that WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik and IBF champion Arthur Abraham win their next fights, the could possibly meet in a unification bout in October or November.

Pavlik’s manager, Cameron Dunkin, confirmed to Joe Scalzo of the The Vindicator that both sides are discussing a possible fight in the fall. Dunkin did say the fight is long way from being a done deal.

“We’ve been talking,” said Dunkin. “I’ve talked to Mike [Pavlik Sr., Pavlik’s co-manager]and Kelly and they’re both fine with the fight. But there’s nothing done and it’s a long way from being done.”

Pavlik will defend his title against Contender winner Sergio Mora. Their fight will take place in late June or July. Abraham's promoter was trying to secure a fight with current WBC junior middleweight champion Vernon Forrest, and that would take place in the summer.

I hope so... This will be a good one.

My early prediction is Pavlik by MD/SD. Pavlik will have some scary moments though. He was hurt by both JT and B-Hop and AA hits harder than both of those guys.

hardhead
I'm VERY excited about this fight and have been for a while. I go back and forth on who I like, at first I felt Pavlik would take Abraham in a very close fight but with Pavlik losing to Hopkins and looking a little lackluster against Rubio(I want to see how he looks against Mora and Abraham with Forrest) I was starting to favor Abraham, now I'm hearing Abraham is struggling to make 160 so that could be a problem for him.

JLUVBABY
is this a fight that they have started negotiations or is this speculation at this point?
hardhead
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 25 2009, 06:09 PM) [snapback]429700[/snapback]
is this a fight that they have started negotiations or is this speculation at this point?

Doesn't sound like speculation since they're directly quoting Pavlik's manager Dunkin and Dunkin saying that he's talked to Pavik and Pavlik's dad who is co manager and they're interested in the fight.

There's another article with Pavlik saying "he's excited" at the possiblity of fighting Abraham. Sounds to me like they may tell Arum to make the Abraham fight happen and to forget about all this Duddy talk.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(hardhead @ Mar 25 2009, 01:30 PM) [snapback]429702[/snapback]
Doesn't sound like speculation since they're directly quoting Pavlik's manager Dunkin and Dunkin saying that he's talked to Pavik and Pavlik's dad who is co manager and they're interested in the fight.

There's another article with Pavlik saying "he's excited" at the possiblity of fighting Abraham. Sounds to me like they may tell Arum to make the Abraham fight happen and to forget about all this Duddy talk.

lets hope they MAKE arum start working on this fight... pavlik has always said he wanted to fight abraham... arum is the one that seems to not want to see the fight... but then again arum is starting to act like age is catching up with him.. he is becoming senile... some of the decisions he has made recently calls for question... its good some of these fighters are starting up their own promotional companies... arum and king and those guys need to be replaced by some fresh blood thats gonna bring the game to the next level where it needs to be...
ROLL DEEP
Abraham wasn't too impressive in his last fight. He looked a little flat and didn't seem up for the fight.

But,he hits hella hard. I can see Pavlik having a good points lead, but getting wobbled by a BIG shot. Abraham sure does pack meaty shots and I can see this causing Pavlik a problem.

I'm pretty amped for this fight! clapping.gif
D-MARV
I can also see Pavlik going to sleep.
Mean Mister Mustard
Abraham is a strong mofo. What he usually does in fights is to cover up early and let his opponent hit him on his high guard and then by the 3rd and 4th round he is unloading his hars shots. I think the guy lifts weights and I'd be willing to bet he uses roids. That being said they say he has been planning to move uo to 168 . Maybe he has problems making 160? If so it could play a factor late in his fights especially against a good hard punching guy like Pavlik.

But Pavlik is going to have catch him while Abraham punches because if he initiates the action then Abraham will cover up and blunt most of the offense. And we know Pavlik is not all that creative.
King Eugene
I see Abraham stopping Pavlik late. Pavlik gets frustrated cause he cant land clean like he's use too. Opens more in attempt to possibly land more and get caught.
The Original MrFactor
If they fought after Pavlik vs Taylor II, I woulda picked Pavlik. I think Hopkins shook pavlik and he'll never be the same again. I think Abraham will stop KP in about 10 rounds.
WolfishPromistah
Well I'm sticking with Kelly, who hits hard too. He's the one who destroyed Edison Miranda first, who'd given Abraham all he himself could handle the first time around. Kelly's longer than Abraham, who ain't no Hopkins, and with the latter's penchant for wide swinging, I'm taking Kelly 'cause the straight ones hit their mark more effectively 9 outta 10.

Oh wow! -- Kelly lost to the great and technically sound legend in Hopkins. So now AA's that good?

"Homie" would say -- "I don't think so."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.