Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heavyweight Sleeper!!! (Chambers vs. Peter)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
NOT REALLY!

But, Eddie Chambers will fight Samuel Peter on ESPN FNF. This will be Sam's last fight which is an event in itself. Eddie Chambers will stop him in the 10th round after 10 rounds of brutal, sharp shooting, boxing display. Sam may even quit again after he gets tagged at will.

SOOOOOOOO LONNNNGGGGGGG Peter!

Admin note: Topic title edited for clarity.
Lil-lightsout
I am actually looking forward to thid fight. I seen Chambers fight before, but honestly can not remember what I thought. Peter really needs to rebound if he wants to be taking seriously anymore, cause he looked like garbage last time out. I will pick Peter by KO, only because I am probably looking past Chambers, and Peter should be highly motivated for this fight. Though Peter is very crude in there, he has some serious power when he connects. Regardless, nice to see some top heavyweights laugh.gif fight one another.
D-MARV
haha... Last I heard (which was last weekend) is that Peter was weighin 280 pounds! He'll be a threat for the first 2 rounds. From there on, he's lunch!
Jack 1000
I am going with Chambers. I was so disgusted by Peter doing nothing against Vitali and giving his title away like that. Provided that Chambers doesn't get caught, I think Eddie could win this. I am not sure to go by KO or decision.

Jack
thefloatingmonkey
I am hoping that Chambers puts a whoopin on Peter! I am guessing neither one of these guys will come in good shape, so we will see what happens!
stateofthegame
I am taking Chambers by Decision. He will simply outbox Peter easily. He may get the tko because he is sharp with his punches, but it will be because Peter has taken a beating in his last fight.
JLUVBABY
my friends think i'm crazy but i got chambers in this fight... something happened to peters and he gained all that weight and he became another fighter... all he has is bombs.. chambers is gonna whip him friday night...imma say it again also.. estrada over povetkin.... its gonna happen.
The Original MrFactor
I think Chambers will stop peter. peter fights like a guy who has had the fight beaten out of him. I think the Klits have beaten the fight out of Peter. Dont get me wrong, i'm not taking anything from Chambers. I think he's the best American Heavyweight right now. I think Chambers beats Peter in any period of Peter's career. I think its just a very bad style matchup for Peter. There is a reason why David Haye moved up and skipped all of these contenders in trying to get a Klit matchup. I'd love to see Chambers fight Haye next. I think Chambers stops haye too...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Mar 25 2009, 03:31 AM) [snapback]429672[/snapback]
I think Chambers will stop peter. peter fights like a guy who has had the fight beaten out of him. I think the Klits have beaten the fight out of Peter. Dont get me wrong, i'm not taking anything from Chambers. I think he's the best American Heavyweight right now. I think Chambers beats Peter in any period of Peter's career. I think its just a very bad style matchup for Peter. There is a reason why David Haye moved up and skipped all of these contenders in trying to get a Klit matchup. I'd love to see Chambers fight Haye next. I think Chambers stops haye too...

peter got the fight and the snot and the shit beat out of him all at the same time by vitali... on a side note i have to say again vitali's ring entrance for that fight was the greatest i've ever seen... that was sweet!!!
JLUVBABY
something else.. i think peter and his people is thinking this is a safe fight... when he shows up to fight chambers is very highly skilled. i think he will show up to fight friday... i think if peter is to win he'll have to land one of those clubs he's packing but i dont think he'll be able to find chambers.....
D-MARV
I HATE Peter! Always have, Always will.

Peter is shot... He is really 48 years old.
D-MARV
Sam weighs 265... Im glad I dropped 250 dollars on eddie when Sam was still the favoritte. EASY MONEY.

I'll probably drop what I earn from this fight on PWill to beat Winky.
Mean Mister Mustard
Peter weighed in at 265. Maybe he thinks the first time he hits Chambers he will get a KO.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 26 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]429778[/snapback]
Sam weighs 265... Im glad I dropped 250 dollars on eddie when Sam was still the favoritte. EASY MONEY.

I'll probably drop what I earn from this fight on PWill to beat Winky.

I hope not a whole lot cause you'll lose.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 26 2009, 06:53 PM) [snapback]429779[/snapback]
Peter weighed in at 265. Maybe he thinks the first time he hits Chambers he will get a KO.

I picked Peter to win, but damn, 265 pounds!!! Vitali really did some damage mentally too. I guess I will still keep my pick for Peter to KO Chambers, he better hope to get him out of there early. Peter must have been dieting next to Toney for this fight.
TheWhiteBuffalo
I'd say we are all in agreement here.

Chambers will outwork Peter, tie up when needed, and take this one down the stretch.

I am just so happy that we will not have to hear "whood next?" after this one ends.
D-MARV
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Mar 27 2009, 12:01 PM) [snapback]429867[/snapback]
I'd say we are all in agreement here.

Chambers will outwork Peter, tie up when needed, and take this one down the stretch.

I am just so happy that we will not have to hear "whood next?" after this one ends.

It's more like "Who Necks?"
Nay_Sayer
I'm taking Chambers over Sham Peters by wide UD...
Nay_Sayer
If Chambers had a punch to go along with that jab of his he'd clean out the whole division...
D-MARV
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 27 2009, 11:15 PM) [snapback]429919[/snapback]
If Chambers had a punch to go along with that jab of his he'd clean out the whole division...

Agreed!

He has some real Skill... but his ass need to get in shape and let his hands go.

Oh Well... Easy Money for me. I only bet like 4 or 5 times a year, but when the odds came out at Chambers at +170 I had to throw down some money.
Nay_Sayer
95-95?!?

WTF?!?

Where do they find these judges?
D-MARV
Yeah... That was disgraceful. I gave Peter 2 rounds and I was being nice. I was really mad at Eddie for not letting his hands go.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 27 2009, 10:03 PM) [snapback]429942[/snapback]
Yeah... That was disgraceful. I gave Peter 2 rounds and I was being nice. I was really mad at Eddie for not letting his hands go.

Especially later in the fight. Peter looked done after about the 4th...
D-MARV
I predicted eddie to stop him late. He could have taken him out by the 6th. Peter has no Heart. He's a pus
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 27 2009, 11:15 PM) [snapback]429919[/snapback]

All he has is a jab. He is fat, no power, no killer instinct, no body punches, he is nothing special. He already lost to Povektin, and the Klits would kill him easily.

I could also say, if only Wlad had a great chin, and so on.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 28 2009, 12:10 AM) [snapback]429945[/snapback]
All he has is a jab. He is fat, no power, no killer instinct, no body punches, he is nothing special. He already lost to Povektin, and the Klits would kill him easily.

Disagree.

He works the body well (when he actually throws), He has the fastest hands in the division. He is fat though so he needs to work on that. Chambers can trim up to maybe 210ish then he would be dangerous.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 28 2009, 12:07 AM) [snapback]429944[/snapback]
I predicted eddie to stop him late. He could have taken him out by the 6th. Peter has no Heart. He's a pus

So what does that say about Eddie considering "he could have taken him out by the 6th"? Why did he not since Peter was ready for the taken? Peter definately deserved to lose after coming in as a fat tard and not training properly. The Peter who fought Toney the second time would have killed Chambers, I just do not understand why fighters lose it(motivation or whatever) so quickly sometimes. It is all mental in this game.

Also, congrats on the winnings.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 27 2009, 10:10 PM) [snapback]429945[/snapback]

Yeah, Chambers could stand to lay off the cheese burgers - but - I did see him go to Sham Peter's body with the jab and the right hand.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 28 2009, 12:15 AM) [snapback]429946[/snapback]
Disagree.

He works the body well (when he actually throws), He has the fastest hands in the division. He is fat though so he needs to work on that. Chambers can trim up to maybe 210ish then he would be dangerous.

If only Toney could have trimmed up too all those years. Why did he not come in better shape for this fight, did he not learn from his loss to AP? I would like to see him in there with a better test next time, though it is not his fault Peter sucked. He will never become anything special even in this sad division. Like I said, Povektin beat him, and the Klits would kill him, and so would Haye!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 27 2009, 10:15 PM) [snapback]429947[/snapback]
The Peter who fought Toney the second time would have killed Chambers, I just do not understand why fighters lose it(motivation or whatever) so quickly sometimes.

No. Peter has problems with guys who have a good jab. In the second Toney fight, it was more about what James didn't do than what Sham Peters did. Toney simply got old in that second fight...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 28 2009, 12:32 AM) [snapback]429952[/snapback]
No. Peter has problems with guys who have a good jab. In the second Toney fight, it was more about what James didn't do than what Sham Peters did. Toney simply got old in that second fight...

I agree with you Toney did look worse off the second time. But Peter did come in lighter too and seemed to have improved himself just by the way he fought. Regardless, Peter looks done as of right now.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 27 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]429954[/snapback]
Regardless, Peter looks done as of right now.

Yeah, he's been on the decline since the second Toney fight.

Get's dropped 3 times by Jameel fucking McCline.

Get's rocked early by Oleg Maskev.

Quits against Dr. Robotnik in a very one-sided beat down.

Loses what should have been a lopsided point loss on every judges card while doing his best impersonation of Butter Bean.

And to think this guy was a titlist not all that long ago.

Jesus Christ does the HW division SUCK....

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 28 2009, 01:29 AM) [snapback]429956[/snapback]
Yeah, he's been on the decline since the second Toney fight.

Get's dropped 3 times by Jameel fucking McCline.

Get's rocked early by Oleg Maskev.

Quits against Dr. Robotnik in a very one-sided beat down.

Loses what should have been a lopsided point loss on every judges card while doing his best impersonation of Butter Bean.

And to think this guy was a titlist not all that long ago.

Jesus Christ does the HW division SUCK....

I also think that the theories that he's 38 might be true and that's why he has declined so fast, mentally more than anything. I think from now on all Heavyweight fights should be broadcast on ESPN until a Haye-Klit fight gets made.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 28 2009, 11:36 AM) [snapback]429966[/snapback]
I also think that the theories that he's 38 might be true and that's why he has declined so fast, mentally more than anything. I think from now on all Heavyweight fights should be broadcast on ESPN until a Haye-Klit fight gets made.

I agree, unless a Wlad v.s Vitali fight is made. Money talks and can be thicker than blood in this business. But even if the unification happened, both brothers would just throw out little jabs for 12 rounds in a sparring session, with a mutual understanding not to hurt each other, YUCK!

Jack
BGv2.0
I just really question Peter's desire. Say what you will about the guy....he lost that fight last night because he either could not or simply did not do anything, which is why he lost his last fight as well. He was fat as hell, showed none of the signs of desire to pull out a win that he showed in the McCline and Toney fights.

The guy that fought last night was nowhere near the guy that fought James Toney or even McCline.

I mean, Peter has never been a real talented guy...but his pure desire to win and power would often get him wins or provide interesting fights.....he no longer even attempts....that is a pure lack of desire.

Don't get me wrong Chambers should be given credit for beating the guy....it's not his fault that Sam came in at a career high weight....but I really do think we would have had a much closer fight if the Peter that fought Toney was in there last night.

I think he needs a new trainer....because Atlas had a point when he said it was his trainers job to insure he came prepared....and you could see from the weigh in....that was not the case.

If he gets a new trainer and still looks like hell....he is simply going through the motions....and needs to consider leaving the sport if he does not intend in really putting forth any effort at all.

He would be a pretty decent gate keeper.....but even they have to at least TRY!
Spyder
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 28 2009, 04:05 PM) [snapback]430012[/snapback]
I think he needs a new trainer....because Atlas had a point when he said it was his trainers job to insure he came prepared....and you could see from the weigh in....that was not the case.

That's a bullshit point from Teddy.

It's the fighter's responsibility to be ready, not the trainer. It's the trainer's responsibility to help them get there. If a fighter doesn't put forth the effort to get ready, then it doesn't matter who is training him. A lazy fighter, is a lazy fighter.

Should James Toney's lack of desire to train have any reflection on Freddie Roach or any of his trainers for that matter? No, and this was just another example of Teddy trying to stay relevant.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 28 2009, 04:05 PM) [snapback]430012[/snapback]
I just really question Peter's desire. Say what you will about the guy....he lost that fight last night because he either could not or simply did not do anything, which is why he lost his last fight as well. He was fat as hell, showed none of the signs of desire to pull out a win that he showed in the McCline and Toney fights.

The guy that fought last night was nowhere near the guy that fought James Toney or even McCline.

I mean, Peter has never been a real talented guy...but his pure desire to win and power would often get him wins or provide interesting fights.....he no longer even attempts....that is a pure lack of desire.

Don't get me wrong Chambers should be given credit for beating the guy....it's not his fault that Sam came in at a career high weight....but I really do think we would have had a much closer fight if the Peter that fought Toney was in there last night.

I hear what you are saying. It is all mental with Peter. Even when he was getting outboxed by Wlad, he was atleast loading up TRYING to get the KO. When he fought Toney, he was really loading up on his shots with bad intentions. And all of his prior fights too. His fight with Vitali, he basically stood there the whole fight with no desire or trying to load up and bomb Vitali. And now with Chambers, did he throw any bombs at him the whole fight? None that I saw. I saw alot of Peters fights too coming up, he looked nothing like he used to. And in my opinion, it is ALL MENTAL with him.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 28 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]430014[/snapback]
That's a bullshit point from Teddy.

It's the fighter's responsibility to be ready, not the trainer. It's the trainer's responsibility to help them get there. If a fighter doesn't put forth the effort to get ready, then it doesn't matter who is training him. A lazy fighter, is a lazy fighter.

Should James Toney's lack of desire to train have any reflection on Freddie Roach or any of his trainers for that matter? No, and this was just another example of Teddy trying to stay relevant.

I don't think it's BS.

Yes you are right it is the boxers responsibility....BUT....if you are ALLOWED to be a fatass bum during camp....with nobody even trying to walk out or do something drastic to get you to put in the work.....that trainer is simply cashing a check.

If I'm a trainer...and my guy is 6 weeks away from a fight and he's fat as hell....I'd tell him I walk if he is not going to do something serious...because as a trainer....your rep rides on his ring outcomes.

I think they do go hand in hand....yes ultimately that fighter must put in the work....but if you are just setting back as a trainer seeing your guy look like that....without any measure of drastic intervention....IMHO...you are part of the problem.

ROLL DEEP
It's the fighters AND the trainers job to be prepared.

Like BG said, you cant have a trainer who just shows up to collect a cheque. They need to read the riot act to the fighter if their being lazy and/or over weight.

Obviously, it's also the fighter own responsibilty to make sure they're giving it their all.

Having one and not the other, which ever way round, isn't going to work.
Spyder
It is the fighter's SOLE responsibility to be ready. That's his job.

The trainer is paid by the fighter. The fighter is his boss. If the trainer is not doing his job, then the fighter can replace him with someone that will. The trainer can't fire the fighter.

It's ridiculous to expect a trainer to quit a job because the fighter is a lazy ass. If the fighter doesn't give a shit about his career, it's bullshit to expect the trainer to care MORE.

You pay me to train you. What you do with that training is on you. Period.
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 28 2009, 12:15 AM) [snapback]429946[/snapback]
Disagree.

Estrada does better work to the body than Chambers. I agree with Lightsout, Chambers has no killer instinct and that is whats wrong with him. He is too much of a nice guy.
D-MARV
Whats wrong with him is that he's fat! I've seen him when he has had people hurt. He'll go after em when he has someone hurt. But he lacks power so He won't KO a lot of people. He has the ability to outbox most people in the division but he needs to throw more in order to beat top fighters like Povetkin. Luckily, He was only fighting Sam Peter who sucks a$$.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 29 2009, 04:18 PM) [snapback]430111[/snapback]
It is the fighter's SOLE responsibility to be ready. That's his job.

The trainer is paid by the fighter. The fighter is his boss. If the trainer is not doing his job, then the fighter can replace him with someone that will. The trainer can't fire the fighter.

It's ridiculous to expect a trainer to quit a job because the fighter is a lazy ass. If the fighter doesn't give a shit about his career, it's bullshit to expect the trainer to care MORE.

You pay me to train you. What you do with that training is on you. Period.

The trainer can very well quit the fighter. Any self respecting trainer that wants people to see him as a trainer that can produce wins and titles is not going to simply hang around a guy fight after fight and loss after loss.

At least not if they don't care about their own reputation.

I've seen trainers leave boxers due to work ethic or age.

Roach has done it as have others.

If I was a trainer and a guy was fat as hell going into a fight with a slick, defensive fighter....I would not just set by in a quite fashion and wait for the loss....paycheck or not.

I do see you point being that the ULTIMATE aspect of training falls on the fighter....but I think it's unrealistic to think that the trainer could and should not play a role in that area of fight preparation.
Spyder
The trainer plays a HUGE role in fight preparation, but you can't blame him for having a lazy fighter.

You've got to understand...being a trainer is a freelance gig. He gets paid from job to job. Those paychecks don't come every two weeks. His last job might've paid him 6 months ago, and now because the fighter he is currently training is a lazy ass...you'd expect him to quit a paying job?

That's an unrealistic expectation to place on a trainer, and in my opinion a reaction to something that doesn't concern him...the direction a fighter wants to take his career.
JD
Chambers should be a Cruiserweight.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 31 2009, 06:19 PM) [snapback]430315[/snapback]
Chambers should be a Cruiserweight.

Yep.
He has 25 to 30 pounds around the belly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.