Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBC says Vitali hardest heavyweight pucher ever!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Lil-lightsout
So I just read it on fightnews.com. Wow, where to start? This has got to be a joke. He has had 2 fights in like 4 years? I could name 10 heavyweights off the top of my head I know hit harder than Vitali. Because he has 35 KO's in 36 wins is soooo misleading, I guess quality of competition means nothing. Why did Vitali not KO LL then? Heck, LL was KO'd both single shots twice before. He also could not KO Byrd, which Wlad did in there second fight. I would be fascinated if anyone thought Vitali was seriously the hardest puncher ever. I would put him in the top 20 , but not in the top 10. Jameel had Peter off his feet numerous times in there fight, then why the heck could Vitali not drop Peter once, even while landing tons of clean punches on Peter? Then the WBC states he is P4P the best, what a joke! Sure WBC, AM is innocent too!

These are some heavyweights I think hit harder that Vitali, in no order. Tyson, Foreman, Lewis, Wlad Klit, Ruddock, Morrison, Shavers, Liston, Tua, and Bowe(maybe L. Brewster and C. Sanders). This is off the top of my head, maybe there are more I am forgetting.

Agree or disagree?
Maxy
There's a fuckin' bucket load of heavyweights who hit harder than Vitali.

Can't believe they have said that. Unforgivable.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 24 2009, 01:59 PM) [snapback]429526[/snapback]
I would put him in the top 20

I wouldn't.

And the WBC is the biggest joke in all of boxing....
Box in Hand
WBC must mean World's Best Crack. George Foreman is the hardest hittin mo fo in that division ever. You also have Marciano and Joe Louis.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 24 2009, 02:55 PM) [snapback]429545[/snapback]
You also have Marciano

No.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 24 2009, 02:59 PM) [snapback]429547[/snapback]
No.

Uh.....Yes.
Spyder
oh God, not this thread again...I can see exactly where this one is headed.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...0punch&st=0

This one comes around right before the Ike Ibeabuchi, how good would he have been? thread.

laugh.gif
BigG
Klitschko's a pretty heavy puncher but his one punch power isnt like Shavers or Foreman
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 24 2009, 03:01 PM) [snapback]429548[/snapback]
Uh.....Yes.

Marciano was going rounds with ole men and former middleweights. KO'ing ole men and no-hopers, who are exactly the caliber of fighter Marciano fought, does not impress me.

Marciano's alleged punching "power", like the man himself, is WAY overrated....
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 24 2009, 09:07 PM) [snapback]429552[/snapback]
This one comes around right before the Ike Ibeabuchi, how good would he have been? thread.

laugh.gif

So how great could have the nightmare been?..........................................................

For the record I have not seen filling snapping concussive power displayed by either of the vagina brothers.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 24 2009, 03:26 PM) [snapback]429557[/snapback]
Marciano was going rounds with ole men and former middleweights. KO'ing ole men and no-hopers, who are exactly the caliber of fighter Marciano fought, does not impress me.

You are living up to your name. I like Roc and that's my opinion.
Jack 1000
I think this is just a publicity stunt by the WBC to give the mediocre Vitali some PR swing. I am sure that many of the executives see it that way. We know the statistics are terribly misleading about his KO percentage. Yes, it's high, but he fought many second-rate guys in one of the heavyweight divisions lowest times in history. Not as bad as Joe Loius' Bum of the Month reign, but today's division reminds me of the era after Al,i but before Holmes started getting big recognition with the likes of sub-par heavyweights like Withersoon, Weaver, Thomas, Page, Berbick, Bonecrusher Smith, Bruno and Tubbs. In my view, the sad part is that with the exception of Tubbs, if any of these 80's guys came in top form they could beat Vitali or Wlad or at least give him a decent fight. But if there was an 80's round robin of heavyweights with Vitali AND Wlad both in it, and if you set it up like a series of elimination fights, both brothers, I think would be eliminated no later than the third round of elimination bouts. The Klits best chances are against:

Tubbs...(easy)

Bonecrusher. (He'd show up for a payday and grab if hurt. Smith would have to show up like he cared and I don't think he would.)

Bruno (Frank would be gassed after 6, but could test both Klits early.) Great Britian's most lovable loser.

But any of the other heavyweights if they cared would be competitive against both brothers. Even Thomas who had a good jab, a good chance. The Witherspoon who lost a very close decision to Holmes easily beats both Klits.

Putting both brothers in this 80's tourney is a lot more interesting and realistic than the WBC proclaiming Vitali as the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Jack
lloyd mayflower
i cant remember who it was lennox was supposed to fight before they pulled out and left him with vitali, but simple fact is, ll busted him up, and if he had trained for him, it would have been worse. LL vs wlad would be a holocaust, end of story. both the kliyschkos are the best of a bad lot. the sad fact is, we weill never know which is the best cos they wont fight eachother. gay as christmas
Lil-lightsout
It would be nice if the public would really push for a All Klit heavyweight showdown. Just maybe if there was enough money on the table, they would maybe go for it. Why not? They can be brothers and friends after the fight. A fight like that would be known forever, and there popularity would skyrocket. Plus the public would once and for all know who is the best heavyweight in the world.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(lloyd mayflower @ Mar 24 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]429596[/snapback]
i cant remember who it was lennox was supposed to fight before they pulled out and left him with vitali,

Kirk Johnson
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 24 2009, 08:55 PM) [snapback]429600[/snapback]
It would be nice if the public would really push for a All Klit heavyweight showdown. Just maybe if there was enough money on the table, they would maybe go for it. Why not? They can be brothers and friends after the fight. A fight like that would be known forever, and there popularity would skyrocket. Plus the public would once and for all know who is the best heavyweight in the world.

Long shot but a shot.

The public and media would have to really really push for it. Then millions would have to be thrown out for it. And if it does eventually happen...I think it will look like a sparring session cause neither would want to hurt each other.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 24 2009, 10:17 PM) [snapback]429615[/snapback]
The public and media would have to really really push for it. Then millions would have to be thrown out for it. And if it does eventually happen...I think it will look like a sparring session cause neither would want to hurt each other.

I totally agree. I once watched the Williams sisters live at the quarterfinals of the US Open and it was clear as day they were barely trying against each other. Tennis ain't boxing and there's no question in my mind the Klits would be just going through the motions. I don't want to see it. Ever.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 24 2009, 10:17 PM) [snapback]429615[/snapback]
Long shot but a shot.

I do not know about that, me and my brother sparred countless rounds, and we always wanted to get the best of the other. It got pretty ugly sometimes. I think there would be alot of pride involved, and they both would really go at it. I could see them hesitant at first, but eventually they would have to open up. But maybe you and Slim are right, and it could turn into a terrible sparring session. Most likely will not happen anyways. Theres probably a better chance of Toney getting under 200 pounds, or Roy not show-boating during a fight, or Mosley cursing a fighter out, or Tyson getting his GED, or, Tarver getting off crack, or Mcgirt training a winner, or Jim Gray not being a prick, or understanding one sentence when Floyd Sr. speaks, or AM fighting without plaster, or having a credible boxing organization, or Nay Sayer NOT being so damn arguementative, or Stevenski having a heart, or Hopkins fixing the gap in his teeth, or Cintron winning some fans back, or Yori Boy Campas passing a cat scan, etc.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 24 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]429619[/snapback]
I do not know about that, me and my brother sparred countless rounds, and we always wanted to get the best of the other. It got pretty ugly sometimes. I think there would be alot of pride involved, and they both would really go at it. I could see them hesitant at first, but eventually they would have to open up. But maybe you and Slim are right, and it could turn into a terrible sparring session. Most likely will not happen anyways. Theres probably a better chance of Toney getting under 200 pounds, or Roy not show-boating during a fight, or Mosley cursing a fighter out, or Tyson getting his GED, or, Tarver getting off crack, or Mcgirt training a winner, or Jim Gray not being a prick, or understanding one sentence when Floyd Sr. speaks, or AM fighting without plaster, or having a credible boxing organization, or Nay Sayer NOT being so damn arguementative, or Stevenski having a heart, or Hopkins fixing the gap in his teeth, or Cintron winning some fans back, or Yori Boy Campas passing a cat scan, etc.

Hot Damn, that was poetry.
stateofthegame
First of all, Nay Sayer, from people I have talked to that actually saw Marciano they all say his power is misleading, because he just threw punches and did not care where they landed. basically they said he just wore guys down by just battering them. Not so much because he had this tremendous power, so I think you are right about the overrated part.

As for the two brothers fighting each other I do not think it comes down to money, safety, or a mother's promise. I think it is because they already know. Like someone said about him and his brother sparring numerous rounds, they have done this and I feel at some point they shut the doors and sis not let anyone in and just went at it to see.

I feel that this is why this will not happen, and I think that the only way it even would is if Wlad lost his titles and Vitali picked them up, but even that is a longshot because Vitali is not going to be around long enough. Sure Joe Tessitore was praising him for his victory, but both guys looked like shit and if Vitali fights anyone with a pulse that is not intimidated by his size he will lose and re-retire. ANd I expect Wlad to lose by the end of the year or the beginning of next year.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 24 2009, 04:26 PM) [snapback]429557[/snapback]

i agree with naysayer on this one marciano is no where near one of the hardest hitters... his biggest attribute was being able to take punishment and come back...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 24 2009, 04:07 PM) [snapback]429552[/snapback]
oh God, not this thread again...I can see exactly where this one is headed.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...0punch&st=0

laugh.gif

i was actually thinking ibeabuchi had one of the harder punches....lol
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 24 2009, 11:05 PM) [snapback]429619[/snapback]

LMAO...your all time best post every!
BigG
Marciano had huge power and was very strong for his size (189 pound Heavyweight today he would be a CW).

Marciano was one of the greats.

The greatest puncher in HW history is JOE LOUIS.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 24 2009, 04:52 PM) [snapback]429571[/snapback]
You are living up to your name. I like Roc and that's my opinion.

marciano is def. not one of the hardest punchers of all times.. what he had was tremendous heart at a time when you could lose damn near all your blood and the fight not get stopped and he didnt fight in the strongest era... (i started not to write the rest out of respect for the rock buti gotto write what i feel about his career) no disrespect to rocko but it is what it is.. he beat an old louis, an old ezzard charles and old archie moore and old jersey joe walcott... most may not agree but i can name many heavyweights that take him out.. and not just in todays juggernaut division of over sized heavy weights... it is my opinion that he is overhyped and overrated... just my opinion.. marciano quit when there was a young patterson in line for a shot (and cus d amato at the time was livid that patterson could beat marciano) and there was also a young sonny liston in the rankings as well... and we know what he did to patterson, matter of fact he chased patterson till patterson left cus to make the fight the people wanted to see that so bad, patterson was another protected fighter... again no disrespect to marciano but he fought in a very weak division (you could compare it to todays division or say that it was worse than what we se today actually) and he only had 6 defenses of his title before he gave it up... his best win was over roland lastarza in my opinion who was actually a very high quality heavyweight at the time but its the only win over a heavyweight for him where the fighter was in his prime, and in his loss to louis you can see what would have happened had louis been in his prime... i know imma catch flack for this post but do the research for yourself it is what it is...
Box in Hand
Wow, I did not say Marciano was the hardest puncher of all time. I said Foreman was. What I did say was Marciano was up there. He hit harder than most of these bums today. So, please read my post instead of picking at one part you bunch of nay sayers.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 25 2009, 03:23 AM) [snapback]429656[/snapback]
LMAO...your all time best post every!

Thanks man. friends.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 25 2009, 06:03 AM) [snapback]429674[/snapback]
Wow, I did not say Marciano was the hardest puncher of all time. I said Foreman was. What I did say was Marciano was up there. He hit harder than most of these bums today. So, please read my post instead of picking at one part you bunch of nay sayers.

sorry box.. i wasnt picking a part of your post i wrote that to give my opinion on marciano... while i have a lot of respect for him i just think his place in history is over rated... not highly over rated but over rated none the less.. please dont take offense my man.. it wasnt directed at you.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 25 2009, 11:29 AM) [snapback]429692[/snapback]
sorry box.. i wasnt picking a part of your post i wrote that to give my opinion on marciano... while i have a lot of respect for him i just think his place in history is over rated... not highly over rated but over rated none the less.. please dont take offense my man.. it wasnt directed at you.

Cool, no offense taking. I guess I could have picked a better choice than Rocky. But there are so many other people that hit harder than Vitali.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 25 2009, 12:49 PM) [snapback]429696[/snapback]
Cool, no offense taking. I guess I could have picked a better choice than Rocky. But there are so many other people that hit harder than Vitali.

wbc has that all wrong.. vitali hits hard but he is not a one punch knock out artist... when you get into pund for pound heavyweight hitters i think of joe louis, foreman, tyson, shavers guys like that... vitali seems to wear his fighters down so does his brother.. true punchers can end fights with one single punch..
Box in Hand
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 25 2009, 11:52 AM) [snapback]429697[/snapback]
wbc has that all wrong.. vitali hits hard but he is not a one punch knock out artist... when you get into pund for pound heavyweight hitters i think of joe louis, foreman, tyson, shavers guys like that... vitali seems to wear his fighters down so does his brother.. true punchers can end fights with one single punch..

Yep, I totally agree.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Mar 25 2009, 12:57 PM) [snapback]429698[/snapback]
Yep, I totally agree.

to compare the two brothers i think wlad actually hits harder than vitali... i think vitali has the better chin and is a little tougher but wlad has the better boxing skills and might have a little better ring generalship... it's one great fight we'll never see... unless... don king can get his hands on just one of them and brain wash him and turn him against the other brother.... lol.. but serious i think those guys are crazy to not make that fight if enough money is offered... its really the only fight that matters at heavyweight..
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 25 2009, 01:38 AM) [snapback]429662[/snapback]
Marciano had huge power and was very strong for his size (189 pound Heavyweight today he would be a CW).

Marciano was one of the greats.

Physical strength means very little where punching power is concerned. Marciano's punching power is WAY overrated.

Marciano was great, great @ beating up on BUMs, STIFFs, and tomato cans...
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 25 2009, 12:59 PM) [snapback]429704[/snapback]
Physical strength means very little where punching power is concerned. Marciano's punching power is WAY overrated.

Marciano was great, great @ beating up on BUMs, STIFFs, and tomato cans...

Oh lord not you again. Did Marciano beat your pop up back in the day or what? Get over it, I HEAR YOU, HE'S OVER RATED. Your point has been made. Now, take a breath, pop those pimples, take a shit, and relax.
JLUVBABY
come on guys.. marciano in his own right was a great champ if you wanna call him that but truth is that his best wins came over guys well past their prime.. walcott was older than his listed age of i think it was 37 at the time.. which back then was unheard of... archie moore was an old man before he fought for his first title.. louis we all know was past his prime and lokoed fairly good early.. shows what a prime louis would have done to him... it goes on an on ezzard charles was done by time marciano fought him.. what makes marciano great if you wantto give him that label is his WILL, HEART and DETERMINATION... there is no doubting he had that more than probably any other heavy ever.. but that doesnt take away from the fact that he was very capable of being out boxed and a good solid fighter that could take his punch could carve him up like a thanksgiving turkey... dont get me wrong i actually have a lot of respect for him as a fighter i just think his place in history is over rated... the tone for his legend was being set when back in the 60's that computer fight had him beating ali.. you know that was rubbish... great champ?.. maybe but def. not top teir... he doesnt belong in the same breath as the johnsons alis and louises... no way.
King Eugene
The hardest punching heavyweight ever is JohnnyBlaze trainer.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
You know I gotta mess with you man. Where the hell you been at lately?
JonnysTrainer
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 26 2009, 02:01 AM) [snapback]429746[/snapback]
The hardest punching heavyweight ever is JohnnyBlaze trainer.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
You know I gotta mess with you man. Where the hell you been at lately?

I will let you in on a little secret son. I was never a heavyweight. But you can take 'heavyweight' out of your sentence and it still would not be far from the truth.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Closey followed by the 2nd hardest puncher at HW Jonny himself. LOL.
The CEO
laugh.gif....but on a serious note....I got a feeling Blaze-Arreola would be a pick 'em....

What ya think, Blaze?...can you whoop that fat boy?
D-MARV
Arreola KO1
D-MARV
Arreola KO1
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(JonnysTrainer @ Mar 26 2009, 03:12 AM) [snapback]429748[/snapback]
I will let you in on a little secret son. I was never a heavyweight. But you can take 'heavyweight' out of your sentence and it still would not be far from the truth.

laugh.gif

Who is this? Which one of you guys set this account up?!?!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Arreola probably KO1 but I say Jonny wins the pre-fight smack talk courtesy of a few tricks he's picked up on these boards.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JonnysTrainer @ Mar 26 2009, 04:12 AM) [snapback]429748[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This is some of the funniest shit I've read in my life.

Who is the dude in the photo? He's like an assistant manager at some supermarket or something?

Keep em coming JT.
JonnysTrainer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 26 2009, 07:37 AM) [snapback]429750[/snapback]
I got a feeling Blaze-Arreola would be a pick 'em....

I got a feeling you have never seen Big J in action. This wouldn't be a pick 'em, not even close. My fighters are all well conditioned, and would take him deep to where he hasn't been before. Lately we have been working on knocking guys out with the jab while walking back, instead of setting other punches up with the jab so it would be something Arreola hasn't seen before, or many fighters for that matter.

QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 26 2009, 04:28 PM) [snapback]429765[/snapback]
He's like an assistant manager at some supermarket or something?

Ha ha. I wish, unfortunately I am just a boxing trainer but the knowledge that comes out of me is worth a lot more than an assistant managers anual salary. Well that's what I would like to think anyways, ha ha. But yes that was at a super market. I was there with some other volunteers and trainers at the gym trying to help out the local community, getting some canned food and sorts for kids on the street with no where to go. We have a lot of kids like that in the gym, so every now and again we do volunteer work at the local shops, we get food for the kids and we all help each other out. It's like one big family.
D-MARV
I hope this guys isn't being serious! LOL
JonnysTrainer
Are you being serious with a Paul Williams photograph kid? You musn't appreciate well skilled fighters like old timers. What is 'LOL', I'm new to the internet.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnysTrainer @ Mar 26 2009, 06:53 PM) [snapback]429780[/snapback]
Are you being serious with a Paul Williams photograph kid? You musn't appreciate well skilled fighters like old timers. What is 'LOL', I'm new to the internet.

LOL means laughing out Loud. And Yes I Happen to be a Paul Williams fan. Is that a bad thing?
The CEO
QUOTE(JonnysTrainer @ Mar 26 2009, 06:19 PM) [snapback]429774[/snapback]
I got a feeling you have never seen Big J in action. This wouldn't be a pick 'em, not even close. My fighters are all well conditioned, and would take him deep to where he hasn't been before. Lately we have been working on knocking guys out with the jab while walking back, instead of setting other punches up with the jab so it would be something Arreola hasn't seen before, or many fighters for that matter.

Ha ha. I wish, unfortunately I am just a boxing trainer but the knowledge that comes out of me is worth a lot more than an assistant managers anual salary. Well that's what I would like to think anyways, ha ha. But yes that was at a super market. I was there with some other volunteers and trainers at the gym trying to help out the local community, getting some canned food and sorts for kids on the street with no where to go. We have a lot of kids like that in the gym, so every now and again we do volunteer work at the local shops, we get food for the kids and we all help each other out. It's like one big family.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh maaaaaan.....this is good stuff....

Here's to you, JonnysTrainer.... drinks.gif

Spyder
JonnysTrainer doesn't do push-ups...he pushes the earth down!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.