Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayorga Still Wants Angulo!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Mario415
by Mario Cabrera,jr

Ricardo Mayorga of Nicaragua might face Alfredo “Perro” Angulo of Mexicali, MX, after visiting the offices of his promoter Don King in Miami, Florida.

Mayorga was under the intention of negotiating his fight with Daniel Santos for the WBA super welterweight title according to Pablo Fletes of NotiFight.com.mx

But it was revealed yesterday that there is still some interest for Mayorga to face the hot prospect. Mayorga was slated to fight the Mexican on February 14th but that fight was scratched after Mayorga suffered a back injury. It was rumoured that Mayorga’s camp was angling for a bigger purse.

Despite the possible interest, Mayorga did not reach an agreement with King and will continue to train for his upcoming bout at the end of May. The former world champion from Panama Rosendo Alvarez is working as Mayorga’s trainer.

No word if the possible bout between Mayorga and Angulo can be finalized after Angulo’s match up with Kermit Cintron.

D-MARV
Welcome Mario... Im glad to see we have some solid posters joining us!
Lil-lightsout
Angulo vs. Cintron should be an exciting slugfest, until someone quits and starts crying. Mayorga vs. Angulo would be a great fight, I would actually favor a properly trained Mayorga in this match. It would be nice to see Mayorga stay active and fight someone soon, he is always entertaining to watch. Angulo is also very fun to watch.
D-MARV
I think Angulo walks through Mayorga!
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 26 2009, 10:22 PM) [snapback]429799[/snapback]
I think Angulo walks through Mayorga!

Call me crazy but I think Mayorga stops him in the mid rounds!
D-MARV
Styles in this fight favors Angulo.

Mayorga wouldn't see the final bell.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 26 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]429806[/snapback]

They both are sluggers. Angulo didn't look all that impressive on the nate campbell undercard to me. He was just fighting a straight up bum.
kidbazooka1
Im not sold on Angulo he's too slow and gets hit way too much. Mayo is a savage i see him taking Angulo out in the laters rds.
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:40 AM) [snapback]429806[/snapback]

Actually, I think Mayorga might do well against Angulo's style...the way to beat Mayorga is boxing. DLH and Trinidad overwhelmed him with skill and talent and he just couldn't take the combinations in the end. It's a shame Mayorga could never get down in weight he looked real powerful at Welterweight.
D-MARV
We'll have to see...

Mayorga will be punished if they fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.