Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2 MAIN EVENT: Chambers vs. Peter: RBR/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This thread is for any on-going or post fight reactions to the Chambers-Peter Fight. The main event is expected to begin sometime around 10 PM (CST) on ESPN2. Note that I am in the Central Time Zone and a basketball game is scheduled for a previous time slot. The undercard bout at least on paper looks weak, so if you don't want to waste recording space of Teddy and Joe yakking or who knows exactly when the Main Event will start, because often those b-ball games always run overtime, keep that in mind.

I've anticipated spoilers for the fight sometime after 10 PM CST, so don't look at this thread about 45 minutes from now or so, unless you want to know the result or contribute to the RBR/post-fight action.

Jack

Administrator
Al Hata

First 2 rounds to Eddie, he looks good. Peter looks confused so far.
Al Hata
All Eddie round 3. Looks a lot like a heavyweight version of Tarver/Hopkins. Not trying to compare Eddie to Bhop, just sayin
Al Hata

Peter lands some shots in round 4, but Eddie answers them all and prolly won that round. 4-0 Chambers.
stateofthegame
Yeah, so far Chambers is just outboxing him, and I also think Peter's eye is starting to swell from those jabs.
stateofthegame
I also think Teddy's scorecard is way off. Peter has not done anything to me
Al Hata
I'll give Peter round 5, Teddy has it a close fight but I think Chambers is in good shape to win it by UD.
Al Hata

Round 6 was close, Peter is workin hard he's just not a very good boxer. Punches are wide and slow.
Al Hata

Peter needs a KO to win, 3 rounds left. Damn that state/ku game is getting serious. lol.
Al Hata

Teddy is trying to hype up the fight like Chambers is gonna let Peter steal the fight but I really doubt the cards have it as close as he does.
JLUVBABY
most of us called it...
Mean Mister Mustard
These two guys represent all that is the heavyweight division: Mediocre.

Chambers is fast but he has what all the other Heavies has, the Moorer Syndrome, they just don't throw enough punches. Chambers said he would never do the same mistake he made in the Povetkin fight, well he didi it again tonight. Luckily for him he was in there with Sam Peter who was content to just jab and then flurry at the end of each round.
Al Hata

Eddie Chambers gets the win, 99-91 is not a surprise Teddy, get real.
JLUVBABY
its about time the judges got the decision right... i thought it was gonna be another robebry.. and i agree with you by the way mustard.. they represent the best of the division damn near other than the klits and a few other fighters... that is sad...
Lil-lightsout
Sad, sad, and sad. I just watched that whole sad fight. Peter obviously did not train hard. He did not have any power on any of his shots, and he had terrible balance from being so big. How Peter has fallen. Chambers is also garbage, as far as top heavyweights go. I still can not believe these were top heavyweights fighting. Does any heavyweight out there take it serious, and want to make good money? No one wants to see this shit! Chambers is going no where, 95% of his punches are jabs. He has zero killer instinct, he is fat himself, no power, boring, and showed me a very uninspiring performance too. The heavyweight division sucks.
Jack 1000
I had it close, but for Chambers on a round system, scoring it 5-3-2 for him. I agree that BOTH should have done more. This was one of those close James Toney Bernard Hopkins type fights where it was a matter of the judges going by who did just a little more. Eddie did just a little more, but it was a glorified sparring session, so I agree with some of what Teddy said. 99-91 did surprise me, but not shock me. Neither did the 95-95 card from Max Deluca, who I think is a great judge. If you had it wide, you'd say Eddie did a little more in almost all the rounds. If you had it close, you could say you saw it that way because it was hard to pick between the two. I do think if Peter had won, it would have been a robbery. A draw to a four point swing for Chambers showed IMO the range of acceptability in this fight. Sparring sessions like these are not always easy to score, and this could account for the disparity in the scorecards.

The thing is though, I really don't care if I ever see either of these guys fight again. It was a sparring match. Disappointing, but not outraged. Neither boxer went the extra mile. I was hoping that perhaps Eddie could get Sam out of there.

Jack
Al Hata
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 28 2009, 12:00 AM) [snapback]429936[/snapback]
Sad, sad, and sad. I just watched that whole sad fight. Peter obviously did not train hard. He did not have any power on any of his shots, and he had terrible balance from being so big. How Peter has fallen. Chambers is also garbage, as far as top heavyweights go. I still can not believe these were top heavyweights fighting. Does any heavyweight out there take it serious, and want to make good money? No one wants to see this shit! Chambers is going no where, 95% of his punches are jabs. He has zero killer instinct, he is fat himself, no power, boring, and showed be a very uninspiring performance too. The heavyweight division sucks.

Agree 100%
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Mar 27 2009, 09:49 PM) [snapback]429931[/snapback]
Eddie Chambers gets the win, 99-91 is not a surprise Teddy, get real.

Does anyone else here believe that Atlas is smoking crack?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 28 2009, 12:03 AM) [snapback]429941[/snapback]
Does anyone else here believe that Atlas is smoking crack?

Teddy has been out of it for some time now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.