Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV Tripleheader:Chavez Jr-Cuello/Soto-Davis/Montiel-Silva
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This thread is for any previews and discussions of the triple bill from Mexico tonight. Round by Rounds with spoilers will begin later tonight. Discuss the bouts:

Chavez Jr. vs. Cuello.

Soto vs. Davis (WBC Jr. Lightweight Title)

Montiel vs. Silva

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
http://www.justin.tv/globalhdppv

live stream if anyone is interested...
JLUVBABY
new link for fight stream... http://sportzone.do.am/blog/2009-03-14-48
Mean Mister Mustard
Darchy-Montiel needs to happen.
kidbazooka1
I agre those two need to go at it before one of them losses.
The CEO
Regardless of that being a no name he just Owned...Montiel has advanced AND original counterpunching skills....don't think he'd be as cool and relaxed with the new and improved Darchinyan comin' after him though...

Darch KOs Montiel before the 10th round...
kidbazooka1
Links aren't working anyone got a good one.
The CEO
lol....Soto is advertising "HIGH TECH CONCRETE" on his trunks....

I'm on that sportzone one JLUV put above, kid....it works...
Mean Mister Mustard
Man, soto is underrated. Someone get him a big fight. He reminds me of Erik Morales, same right hand, right uppercut and a long range fighter.
JLUVBABY
soto is a beast tonight...
The CEO
Best Soto's ever looked....those were strong KDs....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 28 2009, 09:32 PM) [snapback]430044[/snapback]
lol....Soto is advertising "HIGH TECH CONCRETE" on his trunks....

I'm on that sportzone one JLUV put above, kid....it works...

its a good smooth stream...
The CEO
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 28 2009, 10:45 PM) [snapback]430048[/snapback]
its a good smooth stream...

It is good....never been to a "sportzone" stream before...thanks...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 28 2009, 09:49 PM) [snapback]430049[/snapback]
It is good....never been to a "sportzone" stream before...thanks...

lol.. i just foound it today.. when i dont want to order a fight i go to justin tv and they post all kinds of free links for fights...lol... this one is still up.. all the ones on justin is shut down i believe...

on the fight tonight its time they put chavez in with a real fighter... i'd lilke to see him fight ronald hearns... anybody but damn test this guy i think he has some skill...
JLUVBABY
does anyone know how arum did on this card?... the gov. doesnt even want our military guys crossing the border to go into tijajauna... i wonder if this card is a success for him... i'm sure his ppv is gonna stink...lol...
The CEO
Yeah...seeing how I basically NEVER buy PPVs anymore (only 2 in the last 10 years), I'm in touch with most all of the stream action....never seen this site though....

This guy opposite of Jr. looks like a custom made loser...lol
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 28 2009, 11:04 PM) [snapback]430050[/snapback]
lol.. i just foound it today.. when i dont want to order a fight i go to justin tv and they post all kinds of free links for fights...lol... this one is still up.. all the ones on justin is shut down i believe...

on the fight tonight its time they put chavez in with a real fighter... i'd lilke to see him fight ronald hearns... anybody but damn test this guy i think he has some skill...

I don't think he's all that good which is why I don't care whether he's matched hard or not. He's not very relevant. But, tonight woudl be a chance to change my mind.
The CEO
Well...the guy may look like a loser physically, but he came to fight...good for him...

I see a guy with top notch effective aggression and power takin' Jr. out easily....that is....if Jr. ever fights a guy like that...lol
JLUVBABY
my point is that he does display some skill and it is obvious his father has helped him.. some may not agree but he does certain things similar to his dad... he can be a contender but they need to get him in there with some guys thats gonna test him.. i agree tho that at least cuello came to fight...
JLUVBABY
off topic hearns just got knocked down... and now yorgey is down... thats a good fight too...
The CEO
This Cuello is a sucker for the left hook to the body...and Chavev is landing it flush almost every time....finishing his combos with it...I can't see him hanging around much longer if Jr. stays determined and focused...
JLUVBABY
cuello has tiime to pull this out...
The CEO
Yeah he does...this is a trip....Chavez did not stay determined and focused...he's turned around and started boxing....going for the hometown decision....he needed to keep warring and left hooking the body like his daddy used to...
The CEO
and he must have heard me 'cause he went back forehead to forehead with him again....lol...sweet, little fight here...
JLUVBABY
hearns has been knocked out guys!!!!!!
D-MARV
YESSIR! Hearns is KTFO!
Mean Mister Mustard
Chavez doesn't punch between a guy's pucnhes on the inside. He just waits until the other guy is done and then he lets em go. That needs to go.
D-MARV
So Hearns has been exposed. Good Boxer, no chin!
JLUVBABY
hearns has his daddies chin...lol
JLUVBABY
this chave fight has been a good scrap.. they need to step him up...
The CEO
I'm DVRing the Showtime card...never gave a damn about a Ron Hearns anyway...so good he got Koed...lol

This Chavez-Cuello fight was very entertaining....it has the feel of a Draw....the Decision will go to Jr. though ofcourse...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 28 2009, 10:52 PM) [snapback]430070[/snapback]
I'm DVRing the Showtime card...never gave a damn about a Ron Hearns anyway...so good he got Koed...lol

This Chavez-Cuello fight was very entertaining....it has the feel of a Draw....the Decision will go to Jr. though ofcourse...

i HATE that wbc rule for scores after every 4 rounds... i'd like to add that rule to hate box.. also was there some type of belt on the line?.. why did it only go 10?..
JLUVBABY
wow.. arum is talking bout putting pac in with jc jr... lol.. alzheimers is in his system now.. damn shame...
The CEO
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 28 2009, 11:56 PM) [snapback]430072[/snapback]
i HATE that wbc rule for scores after every 4 rounds... i'd like to add that rule to hate box.. also was there some type of belt on the line?.. why did it only go 10?..

I didn't THINK a belt was on the line...and I would cosign you on the Open Scoring for The Hate Dump...
kidbazooka1
Soto looked real sharp tonight he derservs a big fight the guy is the real deal.

The Chavez fight was pretty entertaining Jr needs to still work in his conditioning and defense.
mexi-cutioner
ARum talked about putting Pacquiao in with Chavez Jr. as a possible dream fight in thenear future......uhhhhh are u kidding me?!?!?? might as well put Pacquiao vs BHop next eh Arum...... wtf.gif
JLUVBABY
what do you guys think bout andre dirrell vs. andre ward?
WolfishPromistah
I got Montiel vs. Darchinya -- faster, with powerful shots that vary more than those of Donaire. Montiel's also smoother, even possessing a shot I found last night I didn't know he had, which more than a few cannot really do well historically -- ability to hurt / knock out while in retreat.
hardhead
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Mar 29 2009, 07:05 PM) [snapback]430098[/snapback]
I got Montiel vs. Darchinya -- faster, with powerful shots that vary more than those of Donaire. Montiel's also smoother, even possessing a shot I found last night I didn't know he had, which more than a few cannot really do well historically -- ability to hurt / knock out while in retreat.

I agree, I think Montiel has the goods to beat Darchynian, power, boxing ability, speed, experience, great counterpunching, good chin. That's one of my most anticipated fights in all of Boxing. Win or lose I think Montiel would be the best, most complete fighter that Darchynian has faced.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 28 2009, 11:00 PM) [snapback]430074[/snapback]
I didn't THINK a belt was on the line...and I would cosign you on the Open Scoring for The Hate Dump...

i might be mistaken but i could swear they gave the scores of the fight after the 4th and 8th round of that 10 round fight....
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Mar 29 2009, 11:05 AM) [snapback]430098[/snapback]

Not to disrespect Montiels abilities, but the opponent he fought was completely outmatched and outclassed. That Silva guy they had him in with was terrible and a sparring partner at best. If you look at the fights on his record, it appears as if there were only 8 bantamweigts in all of Argentina, because he fought each opponent atleast 2 or 3 times...Any contender could've looked like a world class champ in the ring with that fool
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Mar 30 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]430194[/snapback]
Not to disrespect Montiels abilities, but the opponent he fought was completely outmatched and outclassed. That Silva guy they had him in with was terrible and a sparring partner at best. If you look at the fights on his record, it appears as if there were only 8 bantamweigts in all of Argentina, because he fought each opponent atleast 2 or 3 times...Any contender could've looked like a world class champ in the ring with that fool

Good -- then you won't be surprised when Montiel likely lays shots like that on another, would-be over matched opponent in Darchinyan, who's shown he's open to take shots as he carelessly jumps in repeatedly (did it too against Arce, who's not fast as Montiel; it's been observed). And that power Montiel carries'll make the shots that much sweeter when they connect. He creates and finds openings on the counter better than anyone Darchinyan's faced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.