Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto Comments On Margarito!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sugar Q
Cotto comments on Margarito!
"He should never step into a boxing ring again"

WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto has commented on the news that Antonio Margarito was found to have elements of plaster of Paris in his handwraps before his bout with Shane Mosley. “I understand that Margarito not only played with my health but he played with health of many boxers,” said Cotto. “Only God knows. I have received punishment in my career but I never had my face swell like in that fight. In the heat of the fight I didn’t feel the punches, but my face didn’t say that. I understand that one year of suspension is not much for the kind of unsportsmanlike act that Margarito presented against Mosley. He deserves the same suspension as trainer Panama Lewis. He should never step into a boxing ring again.”
Snoop
Co-sign with Cotto.
Spyder
Damn, that doesn't sound like Cotto...

Where did you get that? Nevermind I saw it.

I think that Cotto is just echoing the feelings of the people around him. If a rematch could become profitable, do you think that Cotto would turn it down?
Vodoo
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Mar 28 2009, 02:59 PM) [snapback]430011[/snapback]
Cotto comments on Margarito!
"He should never step into a boxing ring again"

WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto has commented on the news that Antonio Margarito was found to have elements of plaster of Paris in his handwraps before his bout with Shane Mosley. “I understand that Margarito not only played with my health but he played with health of many boxers,” said Cotto. “Only God knows. I have received punishment in my career but I never had my face swell like in that fight. In the heat of the fight I didn’t feel the punches, but my face didn’t say that. I understand that one year of suspension is not much for the kind of unsportsmanlike act that Margarito presented against Mosley. He deserves the same suspension as trainer Panama Lewis. He should never step into a boxing ring again.”
Source please?
Spyder
fightnews
Lil-lightsout
I do not blame Cotto one bit for saying what he said, good for him being real.
Boxingjunkie
After the beat down that he took from Margarito I dont blame him one bit for saying what he did. There is no way that Margarito didnt know they were putting it in his gloves and I dont believe this was the first time. So I think Cotto and Cintron have the right to be pissed right now.
D-MARV
I wonder if he was using Plaster during the Cintron fights. I mean... He did have a grown man crying.

Paul Williams must have the best chin in boxing!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 28 2009, 11:13 PM) [snapback]430084[/snapback]
I wonder if he was using Plaster during the Cintron fights. I mean... He did have a grown man crying.
Paul Williams must have the best chin in boxing!

lol.. he sure did (have cintron criing)... do you remember during the weigh in of the cintron rematch he was mocking cintron criing... that was funny... i sure hate him and his camp pulled this cuzz i like him as a character and a fighter but this taints his biggest wins... cuzz you just dont know now when it got started... it would be great if that was the first time but chances are it was not... mosely was supposed to be a shot fighter and he tried to use them... tells me it wasnt the first time.
dbdbdb
Not to go too far out into left-field on this topic ....

But it goes to something I stated about Mosley using Roids allegedly for one fight only.

Once you're discovered\exposed for using Plaster\Roids in one fight -- Other fights come into question and become tainted. Its just a natural response to CHEATING.
Snoop
Being that Cotto was one of the top, in their prime, welterweights at the time, AND by the way the fight progressed and finished according to the exact way in which the plaster works, it would be hard to believe Margarito didn't use them for their match.
Spyder
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 29 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]430102[/snapback]
Not to go too far out into left-field on this topic ....

But it goes to something I stated about Mosley using Roids allegedly for one fight only.

Once you're discovered\exposed for using Plaster\Roids in one fight -- Other fights come into question and become tainted. Its just a natural response to CHEATING.

I would say that Shane didn't juice until his jump to 154. At that point, it was pretty obvious that he fell in love with his power, and fought a different style than he had in the past. Then he probably stopped somewhere around the Winky Wright fights.

I'm guessing this based on his style change...obviously back at welter he fights like he used too, pre-BALCO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.