Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The problem with Jermain Taylor!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
The dude is just not that smart. Plain and simple....he has all the athletic ability to be an "A" level boxer. He would even have more KO's to his credit had he mastered (or even paid attention to) the mental part of the Game. He doesn't do that though......I predict the hungrier Froch catapults his carrier off of JT.
Box in Hand
I think that from watching interviews with him, the number one problem is that he doesn't love the sport. I've heard him say he doesn't watch fights, he doesn't study film on his opponent, and he only trains when he has a fight coming up. That shows me this is all about money for him. He does have all the skill in the world. Anyone that can give B-Hop fits like he did (I do believe B-Hop won the first fight and lost the second) has got to be gifted. However, Jermaine doesn't love the sport.
Maxy
Taylors people claim Froch is too slow and they will use their superior speed to beat him. If his mind is right and he really wants it he has a good chance but I like Froch in this one, via decision.
Hodge
I think the fact that Bernard is such a beloved boxer, people tend to hate Jermaine, for taking the throne. I think he's a good fighter, but he's what he is. A solid fighter, with exceptional marketing behind him. Just as Andre Berto, who I like personally, but he's not on that level and who I can't see on a Mayweather/ Pacquiao/ Juan Manuel level of skill.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Hodge @ Mar 30 2009, 02:30 PM) [snapback]430193[/snapback]
I think the fact that Bernard is such a beloved boxer, people tend to hate Jermaine, for taking the throne. I think he's a good fighter, but he's what he is. A solid fighter, with exceptional marketing behind him. Just as Andre Berto, who I like personally, but he's not on that level and who I can't see on a Mayweather/ Pacquiao/ Juan Manuel level of skill.

Yup... thats about it. I also agree with BOX. I think Taylor's dedication should be questioned. He also appears to lack the ability to make changes mid fight. He's the same guy from start to finish. I think he can and will beat Froch. Froch is a kind of a herky jerky euro fighter. His style reminds me of a small Vit Klitschko. The difference is that Vitaly towers over his peers in the Heavyweight division. Froch doesnt have the size advantages that Vit has.
Nay_Sayer
Taylor doesn't have the chin to compete @ 168lbs. I'm telling you, the first big punching supermiddle that touches Taylor's chin is putting him down and out....
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 30 2009, 06:02 PM) [snapback]430213[/snapback]
I think that's the problem as well. I heard that he doesn't watch boxing either, and that's actually pretty pathetic when it's your job. It's something you should do if you are a fighter.

Paul Williams admitted that he doesn't watch fights either. He said something along the lines of his whole life has been about boxing and when he is not in the ring or the gym he likes to stay far away from it as possible. Dont really know how relevant it is but just thought I'd mention it.
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 30 2009, 04:19 PM) [snapback]430204[/snapback]
Taylor doesn't have the chin to compete @ 168lbs. I'm telling you, the first big punching supermiddle that touches Taylor's chin is putting him down and out....

I agree.

If Froch lands clean, he is going to hurt Taylor.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(3King3 @ Mar 30 2009, 07:07 PM) [snapback]430230[/snapback]
Paul Williams admitted that he doesn't watch fights either. He said something along the lines of his whole life has been about boxing and when he is not in the ring or the gym he likes to stay far away from it as possible. Dont really know how relevant it is but just thought I'd mention it.

There's a small difference. Williams whole life has been about boxing. I get the feeling Jermaine's whole life hasn't. I think he was so dang gifted that he shined in this sport. However, he doesn't love the sport he loves the money. Listen to his interviews, he's all about doe. Doe is important but if you don't love my sweet boxing take that ass back to Arkansas Jermaine.
D-MARV
Froch does not want to turn this into a fight... Froch can outbox Taylor all day long.
JD
I actually think you will see Froch try to make Taylor back up quite a bit.
Lil-lightsout
I never seen Froch fight or even bothered to see his record on boxrec.com. Anyone tell me if he beat anyone decent yet, or what he has that makes people believe he can beat JT? Just curious cause I am no fan of JT, but he has fought pretty many good fighters.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Jermain's heart is in it. He wouldn't have came this far if his heart wasn't in it. He's only lost two fights, and in all honesty he was seconds away from KO'ing Kelly Pavlik. I think Taylor is being underrated in this fight. Froch isn't ready for a fighter like Taylor at this stage. Taylor boxed pretty well against Lacy, and has competed and beaten some damn good fighters. He beat Hopkins and had his moments against Kelly Pavlik. I like Taylor to dominate this fight, and win by TKO in the late rounds.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 30 2009, 10:35 PM) [snapback]430244[/snapback]
I never seen Froch fight or even bothered to see his record on boxrec.com. Anyone tell me if he beat anyone decent yet, or what he has that makes people believe he can beat JT? Just curious cause I am no fan of JT, but he has fought pretty many good fighters.

Froch is legit! He has some good boxing skills and he showed a lot of toughness and heart in his last fight. He also showed a pretty decent chin. People get caught up in JT moving up in weight but come fight night, people will see the JT will be the stronger man. Again, Froch's best bet is to box JT. If he tries to turn this into a scrap he will lose and I think it's in his nature to fight. Thats why Im picking JT to win via Close but clear UD.
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:06 PM) [snapback]430248[/snapback]
Froch is legit! He has some good boxing skills and he showed a lot of toughness and heart in his last fight. He also showed a pretty decent chin. People get caught up in JT moving up in weight but come fight night, people will see the JT will be the stronger man. Again, Froch's best bet is to box JT. If he tries to turn this into a scrap he will lose and I think it's in his nature to fight. Thats why Im picking JT to win via Close but clear UD.

I agree with everything except Froch out boxing JT. I dont think he can out box him or out slug him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.