Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do fighters fear most?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
Getting KTFO or losing a lopped sided decision. IMO opinion I where and "A" list fighter would have no fear in fighting some one like Floyd Mayweather who more then likely is just going to out point me, then fighting some one like Miguel Cotto or a Prime Trinidad where it's more than likely going into it it's going to be a life and death struggle. I say that because theres another thread floating around about people ducking Floyd I think it's just fanboy nonsense. It's really disgusting.....puke.
dbdbdb
I would go with KTFO -- because you never know how severe it is or how much damage you've sustained until hours later. When you start spiting blood, slurring your words or worst go into a coma.

To reply to your other comments - Cotto is dangerous to the immobile boxer who stands in front of him, letting him set-down on his punches when he delivers. The key to reducing Cotto's power is to not let him set his feet ... keeping him twisting and turning. If you're going to lay on the ropes and let him load-up on you, then it will be a short fight. Also, Cotto {Because of his guard} is very subject to uppercuts which is one of his achilles heels.

No real comment on the Floyd Rap other than -- The line of those wanting to fight him isn't that long.
Lil-lightsout
No one wants to get KTFO. Fighters that know they are going to lose regardless would much rather last the distance, there is more honor in it they think. Me personally, I would rather have someone go out on there shield atleast trying to KO the other guy, then settling for a decision loss.

But I would have to say the most thing all fighters today fear, would have to be getting hit by Johnny's Trainer!!!
JonnysTrainer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 29 2009, 09:48 PM) [snapback]430166[/snapback]
But I would have to say the most thing all fighters today fear, would have to be getting hit by Johnny's Trainer!!!

Sounds more like a phobia.

STEVENSKI
Getting KTFO by one brutal shot or combo is not the same as getting comprehensively outboxed. I would prefer to be KTFO myself.
happygocampy
I think it depends on the individual boxer.

There was that one guy who's mom entered the ring when her son was losing and attacked the other boxer, he must of been scared shitless of that guys mom.

Then you have fighters like Chris Byrd, i think he fears his wife yelling at him during fights more than anything else.

Michael Moorer i think feared Teddy Atlas more between rounds than possibly getting KTFO by any fighter he ever fought.

It all really depends.
ROLL DEEP
Fighting a relentless, come forward, non-stop pressuring, rock chinned fighter.

You KNOW you've got 12 hard rounds of fighting to do. That would suck. No rest, maximum concentration and after you'd be exhausted.
Douchebag
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Mar 29 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]430164[/snapback]
I would go with KTFO -- because you never know how severe it is or how much damage you've sustained until hours later. When you start spiting blood, slurring your words or worst go into a coma.

To reply to your other comments - Cotto is dangerous to the immobile boxer who stands in front of him, letting him set-down on his punches when he delivers. The key to reducing Cotto's power is to not let him set his feet ... keeping him twisting and turning. If you're going to lay on the ropes and let him load-up on you, then it will be a short fight. Also, Cotto {Because of his guard} is very subject to uppercuts which is one of his achilles heels.

No real comment on the Floyd Rap other than -- The line of those wanting to fight him isn't that long.

Completely disagree
Box in Hand
I think for an undefeated fighter, it's losing that 0. I think for top level fighters, it's getting knocked out and ending up on a highlight real. Roy Jones has his two knockout losses on the top 100 most devastating knockouts list. I also think that a lot of fighters fear not getting their chance at the big time. That is the reason I think Margarito laced his gloves. He wanted to be the man for so long that he made a dumb ass choice. Yes, I do think he knew what was in his gloves.
rusty_trombone
A roundhouse kick to the face from Chuck Norris
King Eugene
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Mar 30 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]430215[/snapback]
A roundhouse kick to the face from Chuck Norris

LMAO...that one came out of no where.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.