Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley vs. Holt: Official Preview/Prediction Thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Who will win the WBC/WBO Jr. Welterweight Title fight in this unique matchup and why? Don't forget to vote in the poll!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
My Pick: Bradley by close but unanimous decision.

The key is for Bradley not to get caught within those first 4 rounds, where Holt might do some unexpected early slugging. Slugging is not Holt's nature, and it makes one wonder if the crazy 60-second war with Torres in the rematch was a fluke. Was Holt's ass saved from certain KO with that classic ram punch/head-butt which put Torres into unconsciousness when Holt himself had been floored twice? Not only does this show luck was on Holt's side that night, but that Holt has a likelihood of getting hurt and dropped, perhaps badley. Tim Bradley is more of a well-schooled boxer than a puncher. What he needs to do is be careful early and than establish a rhythm of being the better boxer in the mid to late rounds to earn a close decision. I think Tim wins this by scores of 116-112 (twice) and 115-113. On the percents, I will anticipate a 60% chance of Bradley winning with 40% for Holt. The chances of another Torres II war, only at about 25%.

Jack
Thegreatequalizer
i think bradley is going to ko him in the mid to late rounds. i accidently voted for holt ko though.
Mean Mister Mustard
I can see why most people would pick Bradley. For one, Holt's two losses have come by KO in fights where he seemed to be dominating so it wasn't because he was worn down, he just hapens to have a weak chin which means the fight could end at any second. Second, Bradley, from what I have seen in his last 2 fights, has very good timing and with that timing could come a KD or even a KO.

Third, Holt has speed but we saw how Bradley was able to control that against Witter. Now, Holt is more sound than Witter who goes into the Ingle type of unorhodox fighting. Still, one might conclude based on those 3 assertions that Bradley has the edge here. Holt does have power though so he could end the fight at any moment himself.
Lil-lightsout
Bradley by KO/TKO. Holt's chin is not the best, and Bradley will get to it eventually. Bradley is a very good fighter, and unless he gets caught with something big, I see him beating Holt in dominant fashion. I just do not think too much of Holt. This should be an entertaining fight though.
Al Hata

I'll go with Holt, because he's from NJ. Bradley should win it though.
kidbazooka1
Bradley will outwork Holt and take a UD.
Imperius3
I agree with Jack's breakdown.

Bradley by a close decision.
Lil-lightsout
Looked at the weigh in photo's, Bradley has got the best upperbody of any fighter. This dude is sculpted! And I am not trying to be gay like BG looking at mens Calves either, just amazed how Bradley looks like a miniature bodybuilder.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Apr 3 2009, 01:45 PM) [snapback]430560[/snapback]
Looked at the weigh in photo's, Bradley has got the best upperbody of any fighter. This dude is sculpted! And I am not trying to be gay like BG looking at mens Calves either, just amazed how Bradley looks like a miniature bodybuilder.


LOL, I don't know what the big deal was about BG noticing Pacquiao's calves, he does have unusually big ones.

I find it weird that Bradley is so strong looking and yet he's very quick with his hands and feet. He's not the fastest fighter in the world but he is quick.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 3 2009, 09:07 PM) [snapback]430597[/snapback]
LOL, I don't know what the big deal was about BG noticing Pacquiao's calves, he does have unusually big ones.

I find it weird that Bradley is so strong looking and yet he's very quick with his hands and feet. He's not the fastest fighter in the world but he is quick.


I know, just messing with BG.

Not sure of Bradleys KO percentage, but he does not seem to have great power, just decent pop. Crazy in boxing how physique has nothing to do with power. Kind of curious to see how Bradley reacts to Holts power, we should find out what type of chin he has. I am actually pretty excited for this fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Many of us are picking Bradley but it wo't be easy. Holt is a good slick boxer and he has heavy hands. I too am interested to see how Bradley handles that blend of fast hands and power from Holt.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 3 2009, 10:42 PM) [snapback]430603[/snapback]
Many of us are picking Bradley but it wo't be easy. Holt is a good slick boxer and he has heavy hands. I too am interested to see how Bradley handles that blend of fast hands and power from Holt.

Bradley is in ultimate shape. I'm confident that Bradley can take anything the Holt throws out there. But anything is possible.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Bradley's a really good boxer, but I'm still not sold on him. He hasn't been in with the competition that Holt has. Bradley beat Junior Witter, but he's relatively untested. He beat Edner Cherry, but Cherry belongs at 135 pounds, not 140. Holt has beaten Ricardo Torres, Mike Arnaoutis, and David Diaz. I give Holt the experience edge, and he has some good power. I remember watching Bradley struggle and pretty much lose to Jaime Rangel. Yea, the same Jaime Rangel that got KO'd by Zab Judah in 1. I give Bradley a ton of credit for getting to where he's at, and he has good boxing skills. He can time a nice right hand, but Holt is also a good boxer. He has good hand speed and good power. He's taken David Diaz and Ricardo Torres out. Holt is being underrated going into this fight, and I expect him to win tonight. Holt's going to catch Bradley with that big right hand in the 8th round and put him out.
The Original MrFactor
Bradley by decision. This will be a pretty good test for Bradley. Not to mention, which of these guys will eventually fight the guy that emerges from Paqciao/Hatton. Maybe even the winner here will take on the loser of that fight... Why hasnt Hatton fought any of these guys??
D-MARV
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 4 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]430669[/snapback]
Bradley's a really good boxer, but I'm still not sold on him. He hasn't been in with the competition that Holt has. Bradley beat Junior Witter, but he's relatively untested. He beat Edner Cherry, but Cherry belongs at 135 pounds, not 140. Holt has beaten Ricardo Torres, Mike Arnaoutis, and David Diaz. I give Holt the experience edge, and he has some good power. I remember watching Bradley struggle and pretty much lose to Jaime Rangel. Yea, the same Jaime Rangel that got KO'd by Zab Judah in 1. I give Bradley a ton of credit for getting to where he's at, and he has good boxing skills. He can time a nice right hand, but Holt is also a good boxer. He has good hand speed and good power. He's taken David Diaz and Ricardo Torres out. Holt is being underrated going into this fight, and I expect him to win tonight. Holt's going to catch Bradley with that big right hand in the 8th round and put him out.

You won't give Bradley credit for beating Cherry but you give Holt credit for beating Diaz?

Bradley beat Rangel pretty clearly. Rangel gave Holt all he can handle. He only lost a split decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.