Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wladimir Klitschko Vs David Haye
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
D-MARV
By Mark Vester

As reported last week on BoxingScene.com, the fight between IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and challenger David Haye was close to being finalized. Now it's official as both sides reached an agreement on Wednesday. After months of back and forth negotiations, the fight will take place, as reported numerous times, on June 20 in Europe. The venue has not been finalized and contracts will be signed by the end of the week.

One of the bigger roadblocks in the deal, for Haye at least, was giving up two options to the Klitschko brothers' promotional company, K2. Haye agreed to the two option deal. If Haye wins, K2 will promote his next two fights. If he beats Wladimir, those two would have a rematch or Haye would face older brother/WBC champion Vitali Klitschko. If Haye then beats Vitali, they would have a rematch or Haye would have another fight with Wladimir.

After months of listening to trash talks from the very talkative Brit, Klitschko told boxing reporter Dan Rafael that he plans to shut Haye's mouth for good.

"I am happy to have this fight. I have had a lot of opponents with big mouths, but I never had an opponent with such a big mouth like David Haye," Klitschko said. "I will be pleased to shut his big mouth with my big fist. None of the opponents I have had were as provocative as David Haye, so I am glad to shut his mouth by putting my fist in his mouth. There is no way this fight will go the whole distance. It's a signature fight for me and I am happy."
King Eugene
Dang...ol Wladdy Patty is predicting a KO. Is this a first for him? I'm excited about this one!

I got this gut feeling Wlad is going to make this one boring using that jab to keep distance.
Mean Mister Mustard
Outstanding. Haye might just do it too, he has the speed and the power to catch Klitshko off guard. If Klit does come out fighting, which I doubt, it might prove to be to Haye's advantage.
D-MARV
Im with 3king3. I can easily see Wlad turning this into a boring fight. Im going with Wlad UD12. I expect him to receive a lot of heat after this performance
Lil-lightsout
Klit right now is the best heavyweight. But Haye is going to crack that chin and KO Klit within 3 rounds. Just letting everyone know.
King Eugene
One thing we know is Haye isn't afraid to take a shot to give a shot. So I think sooner or later he'll get in there to test that chin. If its up to Haye it wont go the distance but I believe Wlad is just talking and will try to jab is his way to another boring victory.

Haye please don't make this look like Vitali vs. Peter!
Snoop
Is this forreal or an April fool's joke? Those quotes just sound un-Wlad like.
ROLL DEEP
I don't care who Haye fights. Him and Toney are the only guys who make the heavyweight scene interesting and fun.

I do like the Klitschko brothers. I do think they're good boxers and I enjoy watching them fight, but being British, I hope Haye gets in there with either one and gets that KO.

Haye does have the speed and power to dart in, wobble them and move, but it's whether he can stand up to their power, as he WILL get tagged at one point by them.

I think Vitali is the harder fighter to beat. He's more composed than his brother.
Maxy
Wlad may well try to jab his way to victory but if Haye is smart I see him winning, whichever way Klit decides to approach the fight. He just has to get to Wlad early IMO.

I can't stand Wlad. He bores the piss outta me, as does his brother. I don't care if they are technically pretty sound in their abilities. They lack charisma and for me, the heavyweight champion needs a bit of that. Haye has it.

Charisma don't win titles though. I just hope Haye can keep his chin tucked in, and do the business. If it goes 12 in Germany, Wlad gets the nod regardless of how the fight panned out. In fact, if it goes past 6 Haye will probably be gassed out and lose anyway.
Big Slim Sweet
"I will be pleased to shut his big mouth with my big fist. None of the opponents I have had were as provocative as David Haye, so I am glad to shut his mouth by putting my fist in his mouth"

laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
heavyweight fight I'm excited about!

WOOOOP WOOOOOP!
JD
Wlad is going to knock Haye out.

Haye was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit? LOL...oh boy this is going to be amusing.
Hodge
I think David Haye should watch B/Hop vs. Tarver over and over again. Wlad can't win the fight by just holding on. All you have to worry about is the left jab and a straight right behind it. There's no way he can win with that holding shit. Haye has pop in his hands and if he can get beyond that, he should just crowd him.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Hodge @ Apr 4 2009, 03:05 PM) [snapback]430673[/snapback]
I think David Haye should watch B/Hop vs. Tarver over and over again. Wlad can't win the fight by just holding on. All you have to worry about is the left jab and a straight right behind it. There's no way he can win with that holding shit. Haye has pop in his hands and if he can get beyond that, he should just crowd him.

Apparently, easier said than done. Hay had some issues with Monte Barrett. mThe Klits are bigger and much better. Dare I say they hit harder. Haye is in for a long night. In fact, he wont even get the Vitaly fight because he wont get past Wlad. Wlad will send him packing back down to cruiser...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Apr 4 2009, 04:56 PM) [snapback]430683[/snapback]
Apparently, easier said than done. Hay had some issues with Monte Barrett. mThe Klits are bigger and much better. Dare I say they hit harder. Haye is in for a long night. In fact, he wont even get the Vitaly fight because he wont get past Wlad. Wlad will send him packing back down to cruiser...

i second that og mr factor... talk about getting what you ask for... i dont see this fight more than 3 rounds.. haye is gonna try to go for broke from the beggining and its gonna be just a matter of time from that point on...
dbdbdb
thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm finally excited about a heavy weight fight too ... of late, it's been difficult.

Going back to the golden rule "Styles Make Fights" this has a high probability of being boring. Because I see very little happening until someone lands a big shot. Wlad will be jabbing non-stop and Haye will be bobbing and weaving out of range of Wlad's hammer.

In order for Haye to connect, he's going to have to take alot of chances by leaping in. And leaping into Wlad's hammer right hand won't be a pretty sight if it connects.

Presently I see Wlad as the hardest hitting HW out there ... and all Wlad has to do is let Haye come and get his medicine ... and give him an overdose.

Wladimir by KO
The CEO
I'm looking forward to watching Haye get seperated from his delusional senses....like JD said....it will be amusing.

Wlad KO3 Haye via Intergalactic right hand.
jlupi
Those Klits really have confidence. Remach clauses in which If you win the rematch you need to fight family members. This is Legal?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(jlupi @ Apr 6 2009, 12:45 PM) [snapback]430868[/snapback]
Those Klits really have confidence. Remach clauses in which If you win the rematch you need to fight family members. This is Legal?

laugh.gif I do not know if it's legal, but it is pretty funny. I hope Haye knocks them both out.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(jlupi @ Apr 6 2009, 11:45 AM) [snapback]430868[/snapback]

LMAO. Good point. This has got to be a first.
D-MARV
Haye can beat Vitali!
Vitali had no legs against JCGomez.
moscow bear
This is gonna be a great fight! Two poorly-conditioned, weak-chinned and hard-hitting guys....
D-MARV
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Apr 6 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]430880[/snapback]
This is gonna be a great fight! Two poorly-conditioned, weak-chinned and hard-hitting guys....

Huh?
Maxy
QUOTE(jlupi @ Apr 6 2009, 11:45 AM) [snapback]430868[/snapback]

Yeah, for me that just adds to my major dislike of the Klits. I want Haye to smash them both but I'm never going to be confident because I don't trust Haye's chin, nor his stamina.
moscow bear
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 6 2009, 07:38 PM) [snapback]430882[/snapback]
Huh?

huh what? when haye was stopped by a borderline journeyman CW, he was gassed.... he has stamina-issues, he went down in the mormeck fight from body punches, what else do i need to add?
Maxy
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Apr 6 2009, 02:57 PM) [snapback]430887[/snapback]
huh what? when haye was stopped by a borderline journeyman CW, he was gassed.... he has stamina-issues, he went down in the mormeck fight from body punches, what else do i need to add?

Yeah but the Thompson fight saw an over eager and inexperienced Haye fail to finish the job early and punch himself out in the process. I dont think we'll see that Haye in this fight because I feel we are looking at a maximum of 6 rounds, however it should finish.
ROLL DEEP
Yup, ain't nooooo way this fight is going past 6 rounds.

As much as I like Haye, I just can't see his chin standing up to Klits big shots.
JLUVBABY
haye is going to sleep in this fight....
D-MARV
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Apr 6 2009, 03:57 PM) [snapback]430887[/snapback]

Haye will be in fine shape!!! Wlad is always in top shape... So im not sure wat you were talking about when you made that statement. This won't be Peter-Toney!
Spyder
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 6 2009, 09:19 PM) [snapback]430907[/snapback]
Haye will be in fine shape!!! Wlad is always in top shape... So im not sure wat you were talking about when you made that statement. This won't be Peter-Toney!

I think he's refering to the stamina issues that both have shown in the past...Wlad-Brewster I and Haye-Thompson...although both could be attributed to a higher than normal workrate...they did gas out.
D-MARV
Im convinced that Wlad had something wrong with him that night. He got tested after the fight, and he had a low blood cell count.

As far as Haye, I haven't watch too many of his fights, He may have been in poor shape for the Thompson fight, but the 3 or 4 fights I did see of him, he seemed to have been in Great shape.
Spyder
I don't know. He might have the same mitachondrial disease that Rocco Baldeli has...all that shit sounds like mumbo-jumbo to me. dntknw.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Apr 6 2009, 01:25 PM) [snapback]430871[/snapback]
laugh.gif I do not know if it's legal, but it is pretty funny. I hope Haye knocks them both out.

You know what...people think Haye has too much mouth now. If he beats both of those his mouth is going to be ridiculous! laugh.gif
moscow bear
Honestly guys, I saw the future....and this fight will be similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPcvofFZIw
King Eugene
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Apr 8 2009, 04:50 PM) [snapback]431047[/snapback]
Honestly guys, I saw the future....and this fight will be similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPcvofFZIw

LMAO...now that was funny!

Is Wlad going to be Bobby Gunn?
moscow bear
dude, that i let you decide for yourself
Jack 1000
I am very excited about this fight! I might pick Haye in an upset. I am hoping for this, because Wlad and Vitali as brothers will never fight each other. I won't make an official call until we get closer to fight time.

Jack
D-MARV
Haye is a live dog...

I still favor Wlad but an early night for Haye wouldn't be too shocking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.