Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Lightweight Lightning: Valero vs. Pitalua (RBR/Postfight)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments and post fight reactions to the Lightweight Lightning card featuring the WBC Lightweight Championship fight between Valero and Pitalua.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
LOL Bernard Hopkins doing commentary along with Dough Fisher. I wonder if Hopkins still wants to kick his ass.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Could anybody pm me if they have a stream? Thanks
Mean Mister Mustard
Looking for one.
JLUVBABY
kyle check your messages for that stream link...
D-MARV
JLUV can you give me that link too?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 4 2009, 09:18 PM) [snapback]430702[/snapback]
JLUV can you give me that link too?

just sent it dmarv...
JLUVBABY
i just sentthe link to you mustard.. sorry it took so long...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Apr 4 2009, 10:37 PM) [snapback]430705[/snapback]
i just sentthe link to you mustard.. sorry it took so long...

No problem man, I was watching that one before but it was slower then I shut it off and when you sent it it started working fine.
Lil-lightsout
Haha. Diaz got KO'd again. This guy has always been so over-rated.
D-MARV
Katsidas-Chavez is looking like the fight of the year so far
lloyd mayflower
anyone got any clue if this fight is being shown in britain? if so what channel?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Pretty good match between Chavez and Katsidis. Chavez started out boxing well, and landed some really nice right hands. That cut screwed him though, and after that Katsidis just took over. At the end of that 7th round though, Chavez did look pretty buzzed. Good match though, and the main event is next.
D-MARV
Valero is a BAD MAN!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
Valero is a BAD MAN!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
That was a quality win for Valero
Spyder
The feed I was watching was choppy...was it a good punch?
D-MARV
the first KD came from a good right hook! That pretty much did it. Dude never recovered from the first KD. He was stopped by a barrage of punches.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Valero has some freakish power. That was a pretty right hook he landed in that 2nd round. Pitalua just couldn't get off tonight. He nailed Valero pretty good at the end of the first, but that was the only big shot he landed. Valero was just too much tonight, and I'd love to see him fight any lightweight out there. Him and Katsidis would be fireworks. Him and anybody would be fireworks. Golden Boy needs to get him some more fights in the US, he'd sell here. He's an exciting fighter who can get the knockout. Get him on HBO, I'd rather watch that than Dawson-Tarver 2. Great night of fights put on by Golden Boy.
D-MARV
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 4 2009, 11:41 PM) [snapback]430723[/snapback]
Valero has some freakish power. That was a pretty right hook he landed in that 2nd round. Pitalua just couldn't get off tonight. He nailed Valero pretty good at the end of the first, but that was the only big shot he landed. Valero was just too much tonight, and I'd love to see him fight any lightweight out there. Him and Katsidis would be fireworks. Him and anybody would be fireworks. Golden Boy needs to get him some more fights in the US, he'd sell here. He's an exciting fighter who can get the knockout. Get him on HBO, I'd rather watch that than Dawson-Tarver 2. Great night of fights put on by Golden Boy.

Him and Katsidas would be fireworks for about 90 seconds...

I want Valero-Soto... Now that would be a good fight! I would even favor Soto
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Katsidis is tough enough to take Valero's shots. I wouldn't favor Soto or Katsidis over Valero at this point. Who knows though, Valero definitely keeps that chin up in the air. He's in good fights though, and is somebody Golden Boy should market.
D-MARV
Katsidas's chin wouldn't hold up 2 rounds!

Soto's will and he will take Valero into waters Edwin has never been before. Good fight either way!
kidbazooka1
No doubt Valero can crack but his chin ih highly suspect I wanna see him tested against someone like Soto first before trying to tangle with the like of Marquez and Pacqiuao.

BTW Soto stops Valero in the middle rds IMO.
BigG
Valero is a great puncher but I believe Soto would KO him.
JLUVBABY
that soto is a beast... valero vs soto is a good fight.. valero for the most part is still pretty untested.. but he's punching damn hard no doubt...
Imperius3
Cool. I was at the fights tonight, and all of the fights exceeded my expectations. They were all good fights, and it was worth my money.

I'm still disappointed though that Casamayor couldn't make it. I was really looking forward to seeing him live in person. He would have done to Diaz what Reyes did, only much much better. I also think Casamayor is the only one out of all those guys who can beat Valero. What a match that would be...

With Casamayor being gone, I imagine Katsidis and Valero will make it to the end of the tournament. This will be a good match. Katsidis definitely has what it takes to hang with Valero. I know that. People are saying he won't get past the 2nd? That's bullshit. Valero is good...and that right hook he threw tonight was fucking perfect. But he's never faced an elite fighter before, and he's only been past the 2nd round four times (fights that ended in the 3rd, 7th, 8th and 10th). He hasn't been tested by a real fighter yet, but I think it's safe to say he's a top 10 lightweight. He ain't unbeatable though, and I see him struggling and losing to the big dogs.

All in all we had some good fights tonight, and I'm glad I was there. This tournament will be interesting, and I look forward to how it pans out.

JLUVBABY
are there any other fighters in this tournament?
Imperius3
I think Valero, Katsidis, Escobedo, and Reyes are the ones who are left.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 4 2009, 10:55 PM) [snapback]430729[/snapback]
I think Katsidis is tough enough to take Valero's shots. I wouldn't favor Soto or Katsidis over Valero at this point. Who knows though, Valero definitely keeps that chin up in the air. He's in good fights though, and is somebody Golden Boy should market.

Valero isn't with Golden Boy, as far as I know, so they won't be marketing him at all. And Arum would love to market him but thus far is unable until they get him licensed to fight elsewhere in the US.

A lot of good fight that I'd like to see Valero in so hopefully they can make the licensing happen.
Mean Mister Mustard
Valero looked good last night and his body looked stronger than at 130. However, up until now the best fighter he has faced, Vincente Mosquera, gave him hell and so I would like to see Valero finish out the tournament before taking on Marquez, Paquiao etc.
The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 5 2009, 09:35 PM) [snapback]430842[/snapback]
Have only seen a handful of Valero fights, and to me, he is pure hype. Hasn't impressed me what so ever despite what his record shows. I got last nights fight at home waiting to be watched, so I will get around to it later, but from what I have seen I have not been impressed by Valero. To me he is a bit of a hype job. But I will watch the fight and see if I see much different.

Agreed on the bold....and you won't feel any different after watching what he did last night...
JD
I am going to go in the opposite direction of a lot of you guys and say that Valero's power is something that cannot be taught. I think he is that big of a puncher.

He has not had much respect for his opponents, and fights accordingly. I think the guy is legit and is going to remain a force, even against guys like Katsidis, Soto or Casamayor.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JD @ Apr 5 2009, 09:55 PM) [snapback]430844[/snapback]
I am going to go in the opposite direction of a lot of you guys and say that Valero's power is something that cannot be taught. I think he is that big of a puncher.

He has not had much respect for his opponents, and fights accordingly. I think the guy is legit and is going to remain a force, even against guys like Katsidis, Soto or Casamayor.

No doubt about that. The shot he caught Pitula with didn't even look like it was thrown with full leverage and it still smashed him to the ground.
D-MARV
Valero KOs Katsidas within 2 rounds...

Soto and Casamayor give Valero a harder time.
BigG
Valero KOs Katsidas within 2 rounds...

Soto and Casamayor give Valero a harder time.

Totally agree. I'm no fan of Valero but I've recently watched alot of him and I feel Soto would beat him, possibly by late TKO because Soto is a very very tough fighter with some decent skills.

Casamayor as much as I'm a fan of his is past his best. Still very good but a bit more hittable these days.

Katsidis would get his shit pushed in. Katsidis is exciting but he is a poor mans Gatti. He has poor defense. Valero will bludgeon him in about 5 rounds.

Valero's technique looks amateurish but I've seen him look REAL good in sparring sessions. He was Erik Morales main sparring partner for the first Pacquiao fight and looked like he was looking really good in those sessions and at times it looked like he was handling Morales. He was looking real good technique wise throwing all these nice combo's and even counter punching real good but I don't know what shape Morales was in in those videos but Morales also looked good. And he was only 12-0 at the time.

He also looked impressive against his best opponent to date the former WBA Jnr. Lightweight Champion Vincente Mosquera, the man who beat Yodasan 3k Battery, a highly skilled thai fighter who beat Steve Forbes. He absolutely pounded out Mosquera BUT was dropped early. I can't remember if he was dropped once or twice but he was put down by a right hand. I'll have to watch the fight again but I know Valero beat the shit out of that dude badly and the corner had to stop it in round 10. THAT was a very good test because Mosquera was a pretty skilled champion with some decent pop.

I also think Valero would send Amir Khan to the canvas too.

I'd make Valero a live dog against Marquez, Casamayor and Soto. But I don't know Marquez would probably tear his ass up and Valero would definitely only have the punches chance at this point.

But Pacquiao will totally beat him down. Valero reminds me of rawer Pacquiao. He is very talented in that he is naturally a hard, KO puncher with good speed but he could improve.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 6 2009, 08:13 AM) [snapback]430856[/snapback]
I know Katsidis isn't great, but the way you are comparing him to Valero, you guys are making it sound as if it's Mayweather to Gatti. Valero has absolutely nobody on his resume. He has accumulate a bunch of 1st round KO's against bums who have been KO'ed in the opening 3 rounds against other guys I have never heard of. Once he started stringing a couple of consecutive first round KO's, they would have been trying to work that angle and match him carefully to continue that first round patter, no doubt. I give them credit as that isn't a bad way to get noticed, and it seems to have paid off. In the end, by looking at his record, I would say his biggest win is against a guy nobody knows shit about (yes, it can be anybody on that list).
Also, he could prove me wrong if he is really holding back out there, and his most impressive work has been in sparring against Morales, lol. I actually hope he comes out, proves me wrong and I have seen the wrong fights of his, or perhaps just holding a heap load back. But I just don't see what others are seeing from the limited footage I have seen.

Im not huggin Valero at all. Im just looking at the styles clash. Katsidas has been rocked early in a good portion of his fights. Casmayor sat him down, Diaz Hurt him early, even that asian guy on the undercard of an HBO PPV hurt him early. Katsidas is a slow starter, Valero is a fast starter. I dont see how Katsidas makes it past the early rounds. The only thing is he may catch Valero with something early. Valero's chin has never been tested. Either way we're looking at a short fight with Katsidas likely on his back.
hardhead
Here's some pics from the Lightweight Lightening card as well as the Weigh-in....I had a blast and every fight was entertaining, turned out to be a damn good card even with Cassamyor and Barrios pulling out. This is a slideshow and I have some pics that in my album that aren't on the slideshow but my album is public so anybody can look at them..

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/har...nt=256c1d53.pbw
D-MARV
You had some good pics... I wish more events came to the D.C Area. I just get stuck with Jimmy Fucking Lange!
hardhead
I had great seats, I moved up to like the 3rd row, truth is though you could've bought a 20 dollar ticket and sat ringside because not one time did anybody check my ticket, matter of fact I hardly remember any ushers, the only place they were checking was right around the ring where they had it barricaded off for the technical crew and the announcing crew etc..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.