Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: povetkin vs. trenko...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
povetkin vs.dementrenko .. i think this a great heavyweight fight to be made.. povetkin off saturdays fight with estrada is not ready for a title shot and trenko wants to prove he's A class.. its a good fight to be made at this point.. lets say povetkin looked bad because of rust he will set up for months again waiting for the klit fight.. he needs at least another fight and trenko wants it.. i say its a battle of the two best young guns in the division going at it for the legit right to face one of he klits.. more than likely wlad... what do you guys think?.. i think trenko will show to be the fighter....
Lil-lightsout
What I don't get is if Povetkin looked that bad in beating Estrada, how bad is Estrada? I did see Estrada's first fight he lost and was not impressed with him. But leading up to this I thought with his talk he trained good for this fight. So is Estrada just nothing special regardless, or is Povetkin better than giving credit for? He did beat Chambers too. I did NOT see this fight, but maybe it is better for Povetkin to take on Dementreko to see who is more worthy of challenging for a belt.

I wonder who Travis Kauffman is fighting next? This division is sad, maybe he can work his way into top 5 ranking this year, and get a shot next year sometime.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Apr 6 2009, 12:40 PM) [snapback]430872[/snapback]
What I don't get is if Povetkin looked that bad in beating Estrada, how bad is Estrada? I did see Estrada's first fight he lost and was not impressed with him. But leading up to this I thought with his talk he trained good for this fight. So is Estrada just nothing special regardless, or is Povetkin better than giving credit for? He did beat Chambers too. I did NOT see this fight, but maybe it is better for Povetkin to take on Dementreko to see who is more worthy of challenging for a belt.

I wonder who Travis Kauffman is fighting next? This division is sad, maybe he can work his way into top 5 ranking this year, and get a shot next year sometime.

Estrada is a very talented HW...with zero power. And it is really a shame. I don't like Estrada very much at all.....BUT, I've seen several of his fights and I'd be lying if I said he was not a capable fighter. He just tends to really fade down the stretch. I REALLY gave him a very good chance to upset Povetkin...and looking at the scores...considering it was in Germany....it looks as if he could have pulled it off if his stamina would have held up.

I would actually LOVE to see a Estrada/Chambers match....that would be a very interesting HW fight with just about ZERO possibility of a KO or stoppage...but it would really be a very interesting tactical fight between two very slick, fast, defensive fighters...which..although could be boring....is not a matchup you get often at HW.

As much as I like Povetkin....and I do think he is one of very few guys that actually does deserve a crack at Klit....I just cannot see him winning that fight. Not tha he does not have the power, heart and skills to do so....but because of (once again...) the sheer size disadvantage. I think Povetkin/Wlad looks identical to Wlad/Brock.

NOW...Povetkin/Vitali....IMHO is a MUCH more winnable fight for the guy. Vitali looked very slow and sluggish for his 38 years of age with Gomez...I think Povetkin most likely packs harder punches than Gomez and would for sure bring more activity...which I think could get him a possible win over the aging Vitali.
moscow bear
I will very comfortably go with povetkin in this fight, but it will likely not happen in the near future.

Povetkin brings pressure, and Dimitrienko cannot handle it well. This fight should be billed as "Shasha vs. Shasha"
moscow bear
edit
JLUVBABY
i watched povetkin estrada on stream and its hard for me to give him an excuse for ring rust which is what i was on the verge of doing... povetkin brings nuthing special to the table.. and he is beatable.. if estrada had a punch that would have been a diffrent fight.. i think he is punching lighter than chris byrd... lol...he has the skill but no punch.... from what i can tell dementreko seems to be the more fluid fighter of the two which is why i think he wins the fight, and he's hitting pretty hard from what i can tell.. well def. harder than estrada...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.