Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Would Valero-Marquez Go?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Marquez in a tactical boxer/puncher stance type of fight. Valero in a street brawl type of fight. If you could pick one of the hardest 50/50 fights to call, this is it. Marquez has the boxing skills to out-slick Valero, but will Valero give him a chance to do that? Marquez would lose if he went to war like against Diaz most likely. I also give the edge in experience to Marquez. If Mosquera could test Valero, Marquez could three times over. Actually, given the experience that Marquez has had with Manny Pacquiao, give me 60/40 favoring Marquez out-boxing Valero rather than a 50/50. 60% says Marquez by decision, something like 116-112 twice and 115-113. But 40% says Valero could end the fight with a KO at any point in time. Even against Marquez. It's the experience of Marquez over the power of Valero, but only slightly.

And gold coins to all boxing fans whoever should win this. A rubber match with Manny if Marquez wins so that we might get a definitive winner in a trilogy, (although I doubt it) OR a potentially electrifying Corrales-Castillo I type war should Pacquiao and Valero ever meet in a boxing ring. A match that could be the most exciting fight in boxing!

Jack
Method
I think this could very well go down like Marquez/Paq I, but with Valero closing the show where Paq was unable to. Marquez is a little older now, and a bit more shop worn. I dont think he has another one of those Paq 1 type performannces left in him.

I could be wrong.
Box in Hand
I see Marquez weathering an early storm maybe even a knockdown and then slowly and methodically picking Valero apart. Valero has never been in deep water and his handlers need to put him in with some better competition.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Apr 8 2009, 02:06 PM) [snapback]431040[/snapback]
I see Marquez weathering an early storm maybe even a knockdown and then slowly and methodically picking Valero apart. Valero has never been in deep water and his handlers need to put him in with some better competition.

I agree.

Marquez would get blitzed early but I see him breaking Valero down late and stopping him.
D-MARV
Valero as another date in July! Hopefully he'll get somebody good.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 8 2009, 07:13 PM) [snapback]431068[/snapback]
Well he doesn't have to reach for the stars for it to be the best fighter on his resume come July. His record basically consists of fighters from 3rd world countries, with losing records and been knocked out in 1-4 rounds from other fighters we haven't heard of that aren't named Edwin Valero, yes I'm supposed to be wooed by him.
I won't be impressed until I see him beat a name, even Katsidis for fucks sake. Until then, he is just an undefeated guy that probably has fought worse opposition than Chavez Jr.

Valero could be another hype job... but he is exciting. I thought his last fight was a decent win. Pitalua was a solid fighter.

Where the fuck has Guzman been? Guzman-Valero would be fun!
torvix2000
First time Valero fought a good fighter, the fight lasted how many rounds? And he got hurt himself although he was able to knock his opponent out.

Marquez is in a different league.
torvix2000
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 8 2009, 11:18 PM) [snapback]431071[/snapback]
Where the fuck has Guzman been? Guzman-Valero would be fun!

Valero called him "Guz-run" in an interview. LOL! I'm sure Guzman is pissed off right now.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Apr 8 2009, 07:39 PM) [snapback]431080[/snapback]
Valero called him "Guz-run" in an interview. LOL! I'm sure Guzman is pissed off right now.

Guzman IMO is the best fighter that no one knows. I wish this guy would have fought Nate, now he needs to find another name opponent to fight. This guy needs to get busy and start getting his damn name out there before it is too late. I love this guy's skills, but it is frustrating when these fighters fight so seldom.

I still have not seen any of Valero yet, but if he does have this power, he could definately hurt JMM. JMM was pretty buzzed by Diaz, but JMM has great recovery powers, as evidenced in his fights with Pac. Valero needs to fight a better fighter next.
kidbazooka1
Valero hasn't fought nobody the one guy that was able to land on him Mosquero had him hurt and put him down. Arum is full of sh*t he just wants to find a way to get Marquez out of the picture but Marquez is no Pitalua or Mosquero his pin point accurate shots would be too much for the wild and sloppy Valero.

Marquez by TKO within 5.

I rather see valero vs Soto who i believe would also put it on his ass but atleast that would be a closer fight.
JLUVBABY
marquez has the skills but he can be hurt and valero is throwing some hurtfull stuff... not sure at his age marquez should take this fight... i think valero catches up with him and gets him out of there in a fight that maybe he is close in points but down in...
kidbazooka1
Valero has recently stated in an interview that he feels Marquez would be a tougher fight than Pacqiauo and Hatton.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.