Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miguel Cotto in trouble...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
RealPuya
Today Cotto and his uncle got in a fight because Envalegista didn't agreed with Miguel Cotto training plan...Miguel got angry and firedhis uncle in front of everyone. Evalengista got angry and threw the first punch and Miguel answer back with one of his...later on at Miguel apartment, his uncle threw a brick to Miguel brand new Jaguar 2009...Envalengista put a protection order against Miguel... black eye.gif

Who will be the new trainer for Cotto in his next fight???

Sources:

http://www.vocero.com/noticia-18790-miguel...vangelista.html

http://www.primerahora.com/diario/noticia/...ngelista/289183

http://www.elnuevodia.com/miguel_cotto_le_...dor/554936.html

King Eugene
I know who he shouldn't get...Emanuel Steward and Buddy McGirt
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Apr 9 2009, 03:45 AM) [snapback]431096[/snapback]

laugh.gif He should get Margaritos ex trainer so he can develop more "punching power".
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Apr 8 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]431096[/snapback]

LOL. Very good point. I do not know who would be a good fit for Cotto.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Apr 8 2009, 11:43 PM) [snapback]431094[/snapback]

WTF good do these links do if I can not read Spanish? For all I know they could say Cotto got caught in bed with a tranny.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Apr 9 2009, 12:53 AM) [snapback]431105[/snapback]
WTF good do these links do if I can not read Spanish? For all I know they could say Cotto got caught in bed with a tranny.

LMAO...you got me rolling over here.

I went to them to and couldn't find the translate to english button. I thought I was just overlooking it.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19330
King Eugene
Ol Evangelista ended up in the hospital...not a good look. LOL, I guess pride and ego got in the way of his thinking. Did he forget that Cotto is a world champion in a fighting sport? LOL
frankypc
lol, its a good excuse to learn a bit spanish then.

fitz to be honest, he has always done the partying but people kind of overlooked that because he kept winning. there and old story that my cousin told me that a bit ago when cotto was having problems with his wife and were separated he was in caguas in a bar and got drunk and started flirting with a woman, the woman went and got her man, and it was this dude involved in drugs and stuff, and the guy literally slaped cotto and said something like i dont kill you because your miguel cotto and all the conmotion it would bring etc etc. I dismissed it as just one of those exagerated stories. But then a few weeks ago i was hanging with a friend of mine who is from caguas and i asked, and he told me he was there when the guy hit cotto and all hell broke loose.

Also he had a very suspect car accident a while ago while trainning for a fight, i dont remember wich fight and basically the police dint even check his breath for alcohol or whatever and said he feel asleep, some family came to pick him up an the media just "forgot" about it because it was miguel cotto.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Apr 9 2009, 12:59 AM) [snapback]431110[/snapback]
LMAO...you got me rolling over here.

I went to them to and couldn't find the translate to english button. I thought I was just overlooking it.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19330

laugh.gif . That would be so awesome, a translate to english button. Thanks for the link I can ACTUALLY read(just kidding Puya).
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Apr 9 2009, 01:09 AM) [snapback]431114[/snapback]
laugh.gif . That would be so awesome, a translate to english button. Thanks for the link I can ACTUALLY read(just kidding Puya).

LOL

But for real there really are links on some of those websites that translate to english. My best friend played for a pro football league in Germany and when I use to go to the sites to check out his articles there would be a link/button that says translate to english.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(frankypc @ Apr 9 2009, 01:07 AM) [snapback]431113[/snapback]
lol, its a good excuse to learn a bit spanish then.

fitz to be honest, he has always done the partying but people kind of overlooked that because he kept winning. there and old story that my cousin told me that a bit ago when cotto was having problems with his wife and were separated he was in caguas in a bar and got drunk and started flirting with a woman, the woman went and got her man, and it was this dude involved in drugs and stuff, and the guy literally slaped cotto and said something like i dont kill you because your miguel cotto and all the conmotion it would bring etc etc. I dismissed it as just one of those exagerated stories. But then a few weeks ago i was hanging with a friend of mine who is from caguas and i asked, and he told me he was there when the guy hit cotto and all hell broke loose.

Also he had a very suspect car accident a while ago while trainning for a fight, i dont remember wich fight and basically the police dint even check his breath for alcohol or whatever and said he feel asleep, some family came to pick him up an the media just "forgot" about it because it was miguel cotto.

I have been wanting to understand, read, speak spanish for a long time now...one of these days.

Crazy stuff about Cotto. I guess he just seems so humble and quiet in his interviews, that it fools you to think he is some really great guy. I am not judging him, I am just surprised to hear this stuff about him.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:12 AM) [snapback]431115[/snapback]
LOL

But for real there really are links on some of those websites that translate to english. My best friend played for a pro football league in Germany and when I use to go to the sites to check out his articles there would be a link/button that says translate to english.

Man, am I a dumbass. I thought you were joking.
frankypc
I dont think he is a bad guy either. And im still a fan. I mean who doesnt like to party? But the thing is hes never had a good relationship with his uncle, and everyone kind of saw it coming, only personaly i dint expect it to go that far as to punch each other, that was sad.
Imperius3
Cotto and his uncle have had problems for a long time.

Can you imagine throwing fists at your uncle? Or any family member? Fucked up shit.
KookedKrack
yea they have always been beefing but to be swinging off at family is kind of crazy .... that plaster must have knocked the sense out of his ass
PUERTOROCKS
Freddie Roach might be a good trainer for Cotto.
Yucayeke
I agree that Roach would be good for Cotto, but that would be a huge conflict of interest in case of a future fight with Manny
Spyder
QUOTE(Yucayeke @ Apr 9 2009, 10:08 AM) [snapback]431147[/snapback]
I agree that Roach would be good for Cotto, but that would be a huge conflict of interest in case of a future fight with Manny

or Plaster Margs...
Method
the woman went and got her man, and it was this dude involved in drugs and stuff, and the guy literally slaped cotto and said something like i dont kill you because your miguel cotto and all the conmotion it would bring etc etc. I dismissed it as just one of those exagerated stories. But then a few weeks ago i was hanging with a friend of mine who is from caguas and i asked, and he told me he was there when the guy hit cotto and all hell broke loose.

Puerto Rico is the WILD fucking WEST. This I KNOW, so I dont doubt this story one bit. Pales in comparison to the shit that goes on there.

I can also vouch for the drunk driving accident being chalked off to a "fell asleep at the wheel" situation, with no verification of blood/alcohol level. My bitch flipped her car cuz she passed out (drunk) at the wheel. Not so much as a traffic ticket.

Cotto's done.
Yucayeke
QUOTE(Method @ Apr 9 2009, 05:06 PM) [snapback]431153[/snapback]
Puerto Rico is the WILD fucking WEST. This I KNOW, so I dont doubt this story one bit. Pales in comparison to the shit that goes on there.

I can also vouch for the drunk driving accident being chalked off to a "fell asleep at the wheel" situation, with no verification of blood/alcohol level. My bitch flipped her car cuz she passed out (drunk) at the wheel. Not so much as a traffic ticket.

Cotto's done.

True that, when I lived on the Island, I remember seeing cops with brews in the squad cars. No shit, whoever's lived there knows the truth. Cotto may be famous, but is he got into a Bichote's face (bigshot dealer) he would have backed the fuck down really fast. They don't bullshit in PR.

Now as far as his being done, not sure yet. If he gets a good trainer the guy has potential
BigG
Shame to hear. Cotto shouldve just got rid of him a long time ago ala RJJ/Floyd did their pops since stories of Evangelista/Miguel not having a good relationship has been going on for like years. TBH, I think he should get with one of the Mayweathers or Nacho Beristein or hell even John David Jackson I think he'd be a good choice for Cotto.
JD
I was contemplating taking Clottey very seriously.

I am no longer contemplating.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 9 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I was contemplating taking Clottey very seriously.

I am no longer contemplating.

Clottey was going to beat him anyway but, yeah, I think this pretty much seals the deal....
Method
What are the current odds on this fight? Sports Book doesn't have it.
JD
Nothing posted...I guess the fight is not "officially" signed. As soon as it is, you will see something.
D-MARV
FUCK!
RealPuya
Rumor in the boxing environment here in Carolina, PR is that Cotto new trainer seem to be Calderon’s trainer Jose Sanchez, they worked before in the Puerto Rico Olympic team…everything is on hold until they decide to move Calderon next fight…personally he will change Cotto style…so not to happy if the news if is real…
Douchebag
Looks like I have to find a new fovorite fighter. I don't think we will ever see the Cotto of old again.
Lil-lightsout
Cotto and Urango were on the Nitro Circus last night. Pretty funny stuff. Cotto hit the one guy with a few hooks to the body, not his hardest though. Urango totally whooped on this guy, hit him with about 30 straight body shots till he crumbled to the canvas.
Spyder
That body attack from Urango was pretty vicious.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Ol Evangelista ended up in the hospital...not a good look. LOL, I guess pride and ego got in the way of his thinking. Did he forget that Cotto is a world champion in a fighting sport? LOL

Yeah ... I guess all that Macho gets in the way of common sense.

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:36 AM) *
Cotto and his uncle have had problems for a long time.

Can you imagine throwing fists at your uncle? Or any family member? Fucked up shit.

Wasn't there a law against Pro. Boxers fighting civilians??? . Still Cotto shouldn't be banging on his uncle\trainer ... not a fair match.

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 9 2009, 08:15 PM) *
FUCK!

laugh.gif damarvelous1 .... Love the gif man. Williams swings from all kinds of angles and its both weird and funny watching it in slow motion.
Big Slim Sweet
From what I read, his uncle hit him at the gym first, then followed him home later where he threw a cinder block through his fucking car window.

Sounds to me like Miguel deserved to beat that ass.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 13 2009, 05:33 PM) *
From what I read, his uncle hit him at the gym first, then followed him home later where he threw a cinder block through his fucking car window.

Sounds to me like Miguel deserved to beat that ass.

Yeah, Cotto's uncle broke the golden rule: You NEVER f*ck with somebodies ride black eye.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 13 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Yeah, Cotto's uncle broke the golden rule: You NEVER f*ck with somebodies ride black eye.gif

Never!
This makes me want to share my story about a girl who onced messed with my 84 cutlass!
The summer after my freshman year I worked every single day except for holidays and weekends to save up to buy me a car. It was a warehouse job my moms put me on to cause she worked in the office. Well 3 quarters into the summer I finally saved up enough to buy me an old school 84 Cutlass Supreme four door. That was my pride and joy...I put all the money I had into fixing that car up...literally cause he was a piece of shit. Still in descent condition cause it was owned by an old couple who use to just drive it back and forth to work. Well the summer of my senior year rolled around. I had a job working at a moving company making something like $13 an hour. To me...I was making that paper lol. So I saved up all summer long again to buy me some rims, tint, and a system to put in the car. Ok so I eventually done everything to the car I wanted...I'm feeling like I'm the shit cause I'm in college rolling on dubs. LMAO (this was back in 05 before they started going out of style.
Well one night my senior year I was in my apt getting my hair done and these freshman and sophmore girls where running around wrapping toilet paper around guys cars, putting stuff like mustard and tampons and other bs like that on cars. You know...on some ol "young girls trying to have fun and flirt with guys type stuff". Well all of the other dudes where cool with it, you know they retaliated by putting stuff back on their cars and left it at that. Well one of my teammates came busting in through my apt. doors and was yelling "dude they fucked your car up!" I was like who car(knowing good and well they was talking to me but you know thats how people respond). Man I went outside and they egged my shit, put shaving cream, mayo, tampons, mustard, toilet paper, and all sorts of other stuff on my car. What really had me pissed is I had just washed my baby that day and they put shit on my dubs. LOL I was super pissed and I found out who it was so one by one I started to get they ass back.

One chick I waited til about 4 in the morning, I went and flatten two tires (not slashed, just let the air out), and took all of the lug nuts out of one tire and just left her once, then on the other tire I took the whole tire and just left the lug nuts.

One of the other girls, she was riding by my apt. one day and stopped to talk to one of her friends, I came out of nowhere and poured a bucket of water into her sunroof and messed up her radio.

The third chic I did the worse, She was on the cheerleading squad so she was well known around campus but she was ugly as hell. Looked like a damn gorilla but she was thick as hell though. There was a picture of her online holding up a sign at one of our football games. Well the angle of the picture was taken from up top so it looked like she was peaking from up under the sign in the pic. Well I was a graphic design major so I'm something like a photoshop wizard or whatever you want to call us. I took the picture and blended it in with a gorilla face. Then I made a flier with that picture saying "Warning....Gorilla on the lose! Often Hides behind the identity of __(Her Name)__ and then the picture of her behind the sign with the gorilla blend face was underneath the type. I printed 400 of those flyers. Waited til 4 in the morning when campus police didn't patrol as much and when really no one was out on campus (only 1500 students). I posted them fliers EVERY WHERE! I had them all on the Cafe windows, on every dorm room entrance, all of the educational and administrative buildings, every on campus apartment, on walk ways around school (meaning ground paths where people walked), on trees, in every single athletic facility, I mean I posted them joints every where. I didnt have class til 10 the next morning so by the time I got up every one had seen them.

Put it like this, she cried all day, stayed in her dorm for the rest of the week, her cheerleading teammates brung her food to her, and she transferred after that semester and never returned.

To make a long story short...you dont mess with somebodies ride. LOL

Ok I know I went way off subject but I had to share that.

My ride, she's gone now though. Too dangerous to have living around here, I was almost been robbed 3 times in that car.
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19400

Damn Cotto wasn't playing no games was he? He must have really let his hands go. LMAO. A broken nose, cervical, and chest trauma. Damn!
dbdbdb
3King3 ... Good story man!!!

Yeah, Girls and cars don't mix ... especially when they get mad at you -- That's the first thing they go after wtf.gif

In 2000 I had a Mazda RX7 that I brought used and while I was living with one girlfriend in a rented house, fell head over heels for a girl at work and I just had to have some of her. We started seeing each other after work and the encounter eventually got physical. I never told her I was living with another babe and since she didn't ask ... I wasn't going to tell. When she wanted to visit me, I took her to my moms house. I don't know how she found out I didn't live there full-time but when she found out I lived with another girl ... she totally flipped out. Came to my house in the middle of the night {Don't know how she got my address} with a can of black spray paint and sprayed F*CK YOU!!!! TEN freakin times on the hood, trunk, roof, doors, quarter-panels on my gold RX7.

Needless to say, I had a hell of a time explaining that to my main girl and I had to ride around with that sh*t sprayed on my car for a week because I didn't have enough paper to get a new paint job yet. Fortunately the girl on the side never said anything to my main girl and was content to just deface my prized RX7. I wanted to bust her up good ... but decided to let it slide because she didn't make a scene with my main girl in the middle.

But that was how I found out first hand to hide the car if the lady gets mad at you -- because that will be her first target. laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
That was a really good story 3KING3. The last one was the best.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 8 2009, 11:50 PM) *
LOL. Very good point. I do not know who would be a good fit for Cotto.

Nacho should train Cotto but he might piss off his mexican fighters..hahaha..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.