Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adamek to fight Jones Jr., Byrd, or Johnson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19323

Offers have been made. I think the only one that poses a major threat is The Road Warrior!
Lil-lightsout
Adamek and Johnson would be a great fight. I would actually give GJ a good shot to beat Adamek too. Adamek is no defensive wizard in there, and Glenn would stay on his chest and make him fight. I have very little interest in Adamek fighting Jones Jr., and zero interest in him fighting Byrd.
JD
Johnson gets decisioned...Jones and Byrd go to sleep.
D-MARV
For God's sake, I hope it ain't Roy! That would be brutal.
Big Slim Sweet
I think even Johnson gets stopped.
BigG
Adamek destorys Byrd.....Byrd got KO'd by Shaun George...so stick a fork in him. Roy might give him some problems with his speed but I think Adamek eventually catches the washed up version of Roy Jones.

Glen on the other hand is an animal I kinda think he'd beat up Adamek in a war...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:40 PM) *
Adamek destorys Byrd.....Byrd got KO'd by Shaun George...so stick a fork in him. Roy might give him some problems with his speed but I think Adamek eventually catches the washed up version of Roy Jones.

Glen on the other hand is an animal I kinda think he'd beat up Adamek in a war...

I agree with everything you said BG, atleast how I feel.
King Eugene
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:40 PM) *

Agreed!

...but if Roy manages not to get caught I think he could pull out a decision. But thats a long shot though.
JD
LOL

Roy is taking a nap if he fights Adamek...same goes for Byrd.

Johnson will just get beaten by decision over 12 brutal rounds.
blackbelt2003
What, there's no decent cruiserweights for Adamek to fight?

Sheesh, what's wrong with the light-heavyweights staying at light-heavyweight...it's not like they've cleaned up the division between them, is it?

Adamek-Guillermo Jones...now that's a fight I'm psyched for, between two hard-as-nails veterans.

Black
D-MARV
Adamek would put David Haye to sleep too.

I heard Adamek was moving up to fight Golota.
JLUVBABY
i think glenn johnson would beat the hell out of adamek... maybe not k.o him but i think he has learned to be savvy enough to get in the cut with adamek and grind out a pretty big points win decision... he is a perfect example of a fighter that has gotten better with age...
thefloatingmonkey
Adamek would get who0ped by Johnson. Adamek is not very active in the ring and can be boring. Sure he has a lot of power, but he just doesn't throw. Glen would be all over him for 12 rounds. Jones or Byrd are both totally washed up and should not be in the ring with anyone.
jvo1800
i personally think that if jones jr just stays off of the ropes and keeps the fight in the middle of the ring he has what it takes to still beat anybody in the game, maybe more wins by decision now of days but a victory is a victory. even in his prime the only time he really got hit was when he was on the ropes, but i think he can take adamek easily in the middle of the ring no doubt.
D-MARV
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Apr 11 2009, 02:45 AM) *
Adamek would get who0ped by Johnson. Adamek is not very active in the ring and can be boring. Sure he has a lot of power, but he just doesn't throw. Glen would be all over him for 12 rounds. Jones or Byrd are both totally washed up and should not be in the ring with anyone.

What Adamek have you been watching?

Adamek is a fucking Machine, a destroyer, a certified BADD ASS!!!!

It takes a slick boxer to beat Adamek... You have to outbox him. Even then you are risking getting worn down. Glen is another Warrior so he would last the full distance but it would be painful. Adamek wins a close decision.
D-MARV
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 11 2009, 12:34 PM) *
i personally think that if jones jr just stays off of the ropes and keeps the fight in the middle of the ring he has what it takes to still beat anybody in the game, maybe more wins by decision now of days but a victory is a victory. even in his prime the only time he really got hit was when he was on the ropes, but i think he can take adamek easily in the middle of the ring no doubt.

That's the problem though. Roy can't stay off the ropes. Adamek gives Roy a dirt nap.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:59 AM) *
That's the problem though. Roy can't stay off the ropes. Adamek gives Roy a dirt nap.

yeah i hate to see that fight.. adamek gives roy jones a nasty beating... probably knocks him out... i dont mind watching roy but he needs to stick with fighters like lacy who might be dangerous for him as well but guys like that.. adamek is a beast.. i wasnt sure hopkins was gonna beat him..
King Eugene
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Apr 11 2009, 02:45 AM) *

Except each other.
D-MARV
I have no problem with Roy fighting Lacy. That fight will do well in florida and I expect a Roy victory.

If Roy fought Adamek, we wouldn't have to worry about Roy retiring. The commissions would ban him.
jvo1800
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 12:59 PM) *

i dont think adamek is overrated but i do think u guys are giving him too much credit as far as beating roy jones. true indeed roy is past his prime but u gotta remember that styles make fights, being a beast in the ring doesnt make u the best or unstoppable. from what i seen adamek is a good puncher, but the type of punches he throws and hits those other boxers with he wont hit roy with. roy still has the speed to frustrate somebody like adamek because his defense is not very good from what i saw and roy would pick him apart in hand to hand combat.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 12 2009, 07:24 PM) *
I have no problem with Roy fighting Lacy. That fight will do well in florida and I expect a Roy victory.

If Roy fought Adamek, we wouldn't have to worry about Roy retiring. The commissions would ban him.

rofl... thats funny but oh so true at the same time... roy is becoming his own worst enemy now..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.