Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wright 159 - Williams 157
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

Reuters

AP Photo

AP Photo

King Eugene
I'm still rolling with Winky by Decision!
HaydelHammer
both these guys are cool dudes
JD
I think Winky looks damn good.

A decision W for him would not surprise me in the least...I expect it to be close, and I also expect a lot of people to make a case for WInky winning.
King Eugene
If you didn't know who Paul Williams was and you saw him walking on the beach with his shirt off you'd think "damn I hope this kid never gets in a fight". LOL
D-MARV
As I mentioned in the other thread... I was wrong, Winky looks great!

PWill still taps that ass.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 10 2009, 11:26 PM) *
As I mentioned in the other thread... I was wrong, Winky looks great!

PWill still taps that ass.

PWill crumbles...he's either decisioned or stopped late.
D-MARV
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 10 2009, 11:27 PM) *

LOL... If anyone gets stopped it's Winky!
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 10 2009, 11:29 PM) *
LOL... If anyone gets stopped it's Winky!

Paul loses and an immediate rematch will be rewarded!
lloyd mayflower
surely ring rust is going to be a massive factor in this fight, especially given how busy williams has been recently, i can see winky lookin old and slow and off the pace and getting absolutely laced in this one. by the time he feels his way back in it could easily be too late
Imperius3
Winky looks good, and it doesn't make the pick for this fight any easier.

I'm going with Williams by a close decision. Should be a good one!
EirbinX
Winky By Stopage in 11th....
Big Slim Sweet
How can anyone pick Winky to stop Paul? Even if he's at his absolute best Winky wouldn't press the action enough for a stoppage. He's not going to one-punch Williams or overwhelm him. Winky KO Williams will never happen.

Winky looks great but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Paul Williams by close but clear UD.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Both guys look to be in great shape at the weigh in. Good to see Wright fighting at the correct weight, and not at 170. He's gonna look good tonight, and he'll beat Williams. I still don't know how Williams will look at 160. I think he'll be fine, but the factor is still there. Should be a good one tonight.
Mean Mister Mustard
I like how all of a sudden people see the wiegh-in photos and they base their fight picks on them.
EirbinX
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 11 2009, 10:28 AM) *
How can anyone pick Winky to stop Paul? Even if he's at his absolute best Winky wouldn't press the action enough for a stoppage. He's not going to one-punch Williams or overwhelm him. Winky KO Williams will never happen.

Winky looks great but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Paul Williams by close but clear UD.

Seriously...how is paul williams a sure pick he's never been tested at midddleweight he hasnt proven himself yet and he's never fought a fighter like winky....meanwhile he was gettin beat ON THE OUTSIDE by CARLOS QUINTANA. winky is a couple of notches over quintana and verno phillips and he tasted both there leather quite often in those matches
D-MARV
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Apr 11 2009, 12:23 PM) *
Seriously...how is paul williams a sure pick he's never been tested at midddleweight he hasnt proven himself yet and he's never fought a fighter like winky....meanwhile he was gettin beat ON THE OUTSIDE by CARLOS QUINTANA. winky is a couple of notches over quintana and verno phillips and he tasted both there leather quite often in those matches

I wonder where Quintana will be ranked after Williams handles Wright?
JLUVBABY
just because winky looks good dont mean he's in fighting shape.. the guy hasnt fought in over 2 years... winkys ego is gonna take a whoopin tonight... does winky have a chance?.. yeah it wouldnt make scence to give him no chance but his chance is very slim due to his inactivity...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Apr 11 2009, 11:23 AM) *

he's a sure pick over a guy that hasnt fought in two years... this is not like ray leonard coming back back in the days...
FenderDG3
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 10 2009, 10:27 PM) *

When was the last time Winky stopped anybody??
EirbinX
boy waz i wrong.....so much for my prediction....lol....well i would now like to see pavlik vs williams
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.