FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
I say he's been training!

Floyd's new Commercial
ROLL DEEP
Yup.

He looks pretty sleek.
hardhead
Floyd is always in shape or it doesn't take long for him to get in tip top shape, look at Mayweather Sr, dude is in his middle to late 50's and has some guns, Floyd has good genes.
JLUVBABY
i get the feeling that mayweather is gonna change his style this time around... i'm hoping he goes back to his fan friendly style from his 130 days... it appears he's at least been in the gym and i'm hoping he was re-learning how to sit down on his punches like he used to...
Spyder
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 11 2009, 07:13 PM) *
i get the feeling that mayweather is gonna change his style this time around... i'm hoping he goes back to his fan friendly style from his 130 days... it appears he's at least been in the gym and i'm hoping he was re-learning how to sit down on his punches like he used to...

What are you talking about?

Floyd fights the same as he's always fought with Uncle Roger...which is more offensive than he was with his daddy.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 11 2009, 07:57 PM) *
What are you talking about?

Floyd fights the same as he's always fought with Uncle Roger...which is more offensive than he was with his daddy.

i'm saying mayweathers style changed from his days at 130 to his welterweight days, floyd doesnt fight the same as he did at 130 lbs... he was a lot more offensive at the lower weights.. he had to change his style when he moved up 1 because of his brittle hands but two his punching power didnt come up with him.. my comment was based on if he has indeed been in the gym working i think he has worked on sitting down on his punches more and with the passing year he has for sure grown into more of a truer welterweight... its speculation but i am thinking that he may be able to go back to his more fan friendly style of fighting that he had at 130 lbs... thats what i'm talkin bout spyder...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 12 2009, 03:49 PM) *
i'm saying mayweathers style changed from his days at 130 to his welterweight days, floyd doesnt fight the same as he did at 130 lbs... he was a lot more offensive at the lower weights.. he had to change his style when he moved up 1 because of his brittle hands but two his punching power didnt come up with him.. my comment was based on if he has indeed been in the gym working i think he has worked on sitting down on his punches more and with the passing year he has for sure grown into more of a truer welterweight... its speculation but i am thinking that he may be able to go back to his more fan friendly style of fighting that he had at 130 lbs... thats what i'm talkin bout spyder...

I just see a less risky fighter at the bigger wieghts
King Eugene
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 13 2009, 05:36 PM) *
I just see a less risky fighter at the bigger wieghts

Agreed!

He's more safety first since the bigger boys hit harder. Ever notice how since moving up he doesn't trade as much as he use too. Look at the Chop Chop, Augustus, and N'dou fights. He was standing there in the pocket still being slick but taking more to give more. He didn't do that as much at the heavier weight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.