Full Version: Tonight's Fight Odds
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
The odds on these fights are:

Williams: -200
Wright: +160

Arreola: -365
McCline: +285

I don't believe these odds reflect the real risk of either of the favorites losing.

I love Williams and it would be great for boxing if he wins (and he should by decision thanks to a higher workrate and reach advantage as many here have pointed out), but Wright is a southpaw (like Quintana) with the most skills that Williams has ever faced. It's hard to bet against a great fighter like Williams (especially in his prime), but I think Winky is being very underestimated by the oddsmakers.

Arreola-McCline is much easier. I've never been impressed with Arreola and McCline (particularly if he uses his jab) is way too big for him. At +285, McCline is the smart money bet tonight.

Big Slim Sweet
The odds on Paul-Wink are tightening some. I saw last week it was -240, +200. It's true that Wright is probably the biggest and best fighter Williams has ever faced. I guess age and inactivity must be playing a big role.

I would say as a general rule it's best not to invest money in Jameel McCline. Somehow, someway, he'll lose. He always does.
salvador
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 11 2009, 09:46 AM) *
The odds on Paul-Wink are tightening some. I saw last week it was -240, +200. It's true that Wright is probably the biggest and best fighter Williams has ever faced. I guess age and inactivity must be playing a big role.

I would say as a general rule it's best not to invest money in Jameel McCline. Somehow, someway, he'll lose. He always does.

I agree on the history of McCline. He does tend to disappoint. But at +285 I can't resist. Arreola ain't got the punch or the skills to be that kind of favorite.
D-MARV
Im a fan of Arreola and I was actually going to lay some money down on McCline for this one but McCline looks fat and out of shape too.

Salvador,
What's up man? what you been up too?
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Im a fan of Arreola and I was actually going to lay some money down on McCline for this one but McCline looks fat and out of shape too.

Salvador,
What's up man? what you been up too?

I don't know Marv, the Margarito thing really turned me off to boxing for a while. I'm just so tired of all the bullshit decisions and the steriods and the cheating and the terrible refs and the fighters ducking each other and all the whiny crap that we're all sick to death of. But honestly, Margarito really felt like the last straw to me. I'm trying to get interested again, and I really love tonight's matchup.

I hate to hear that about McCline. I didn't see any pics. Too bad, cause I just put $50 on him!

D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 11 2009, 11:19 AM) *
I don't know Marv, the Margarito thing really turned me off to boxing for a while. I'm just so tired of all the bullshit decisions and the steriods and the cheating and the terrible refs and the fighters ducking each other and all the whiny crap that we're all sick to death of. But honestly, Margarito really felt like the last straw to me. I'm trying to get interested again, and I really love tonight's matchup.

I hate to hear that about McCline. I didn't see any pics. Too bad, cause I just put $50 on him!

I feel you... Even though I'm not a big fan of Margarito, I kind of feel for the man. He seemed like cool peeps and he was a big time family man. I haven't really commented much on the whole situation because I really don't know what to think. I just hope that he had no clue of what was going on.

On to McCline, He seems to be in poor shape as well. He looked flabby at the weigh in. I was going to lay 50 on him as well because I knew Arreola would be around the 250lb+ mark. Im not dropping shit on that fight. I pissed off all together at the heavyweights.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 10:36 AM) *
I feel you... Even though I'm not a big fan of Margarito, I kind of feel for the man. He seemed like cool peeps and he was a big time family man. I haven't really commented much on the whole situation because I really don't know what to think. I just hope that he had no clue of what was going on.

On to McCline, He seems to be in poor shape as well. He looked flabby at the weigh in. I was going to lay 50 on him as well because I knew Arreola would be around the 250lb+ mark. Im not dropping shit on that fight. I pissed off all together at the heavyweights.

can you post a link to the weigh in pictures?.. i was really hoping arreola got in shape for this fight.. mccline can win this if he goes all out like walker... he probably wont tho and will get methodically blasted out...
D-MARV
salvador

Jesus, McCline looks bad. Oh well, it's only money.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 02:04 PM) *

they both look like shit if you ask me.. might be some surprises in the fight tonight... arreola is gonna look back years from now and kick himself.. all he has to do is sacrafice a few good years of his life to stay in fighting shape and he doesnt seem to be able to do that or shall i say want to do that... it hasnt happened yet but the writings on the wall.. he's gonna be the next wasted talent that we talk about...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 11 2009, 03:38 PM) *
Jesus, McCline looks bad. Oh well, it's only money.

your money may not be wasted salvador.. i mean they both look like shit... if mccline jumps on arreola we might get an upset... mccline punched hard enough to have peter on the floor 3 times.. he can get the job done if he apllies himself early... i predict an early k.o either way before the end of 5.. thats about all either looks like they are gonna have in the tank...
JLUVBABY
wanna remind you guys the "Thrilla in Manilla" is coming on tonight at 7 pm central time on H.B.O... its a documentary on the fight and for the first time told from the perspective of joe frazier... i am very interested in seeing what he has to say because every other doc. i've ever seen was told from ali's view point or someone elses with little or no input from smoking joe... should be good..
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 11 2009, 05:46 PM) *
wanna remind you guys the "Thrilla in Manilla" is coming on tonight at 7 pm central time on H.B.O... its a documentary on the fight and for the first time told from the perspective of joe frazier... i am very interested in seeing what he has to say because every other doc. i've ever seen was told from ali's view point or someone elses with little or no input from smoking joe... should be good..

I can't wait! I would love to hear what Smokin Joe has to say!
BrutalBodyShots
Well I threw a little cash on McCline to win... never thought I'd bet on McCline ever in a million years, but Arreola is just that unproven to me at this point. McCline has clearly been in with the better opposition even if on the losing end of those fights. Even in his losses McCline always manages to go the distance... except against Wlad I think and the time he was stopped on an injury early. My point is that if McCline is able to take this thing past the first few rounds, what then for Arreola, a guy who is accustomed to fighting 3 rounds or less for the most part? I really don't see McCline crumbling inside of 3, but you never know with him. I say McCline survives the early rush, the fight gets boring as hell in the middle rounds and by the last 4 rounds Arreola has nothing left in the tank. Problem is that McCline has zero killer instinct and probably won't finish things, but the potential I think could be there.

JD
I live by a simple motto - never bet on McCline.
D-MARV
I dropped some change on a Paul Williams stoppage @ +400.

I'm gonna leave the Arreola-McCline fight alone. I was planning on betting a little on McCline, but after the weigh in yesterday Im not sure what to expect. This is the worst McCline has ever looked.
D-MARV
Check that, I just dropped 10 dollars on a Arreola-McCline draw to win 140. LOL

Why not?
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 05:37 PM) *
I dropped some change on a Paul Williams stoppage @ +400.

This is the worst McCline has ever looked.

Interesting bet. I actually just put some cash on Winky at +250 by decision. It's hard for me to see Williams landing many clean shots through Wright's defense.

As far as McCline is concerned, it's not just that he looks soft, but his biceps look like he hasn't been in a gym at all. Maybe that's a good thing.

Big Slim Sweet
laugh.gif

You bet on McCline, you lose.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 12 2009, 01:23 AM) *
laugh.gif

You bet on McCline, you lose.

You think Jameel was there just for the payday? laugh.gif His mouth was wide open in the second round. That was just pathetic, the heavyweights just keep sinking lower and lower.
The CEO
Yeah...McGrimace came to get that last check tonight....searched for a soft spot on the canvas and all that....he's done.
D-MARV
Lost 75 dollars on Wright-Williams, but between NCAA basketball and Eddie Chambers I had some money to play with so I won't lose any sleep.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 12 2009, 12:44 AM) *
Yeah...McGrimace came to get that last check tonight....searched for a soft spot on the canvas and all that....he's done.

You got that right. He was stunned slightly by Arreola in that 4th. The rest was him just laying down. I mean, you could see him looking down to make sure he got his landing right. Good riddance.

Can't fault Arreola for it, but that knockdown was really nothing at all.
BigG
Arreola seriously needs to get into better shape....Klitschko brothers will destroy him..
D-MARV
Arreola at 235 is a legit challenger
Big Slim Sweet
I'm not so sure based on the way Vitali looked against Gomez that he'd destroy even this fat-ass version of Arreola. I think it'd be a very exciting fight actually, at least for the first few rounds. Not out of the question at all that Arreola could stun or possibly cut Vitali early. Hey, you never know. Arreola has some pretty good hands on the inside.

Not sure he could take what Vitali gives back, but I'm ready to find out.
Lil-lightsout
Besides being fat, I thought Arreola did a good job. He showed some good skills and went to the body very nicely, which you do not see too often anymore. I hope this guy can clean up his diet, cause I like his fighting style.
JLUVBABY
arreola needs to come in between 235 and 240... he is hurting himself otherwise...
D-MARV
It's funny because, even at 255, he was quite active and I didn't notice him breathing heavy at all.

He would still benefit from losing weight though!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 12 2009, 10:15 PM) *
It's funny because, even at 255, he was quite active and I didn't notice him breathing heavy at all.

He would still benefit from losing weight though!

And he saw Grimaces mouth wide open which made him really confident knowing McCline had nothing to offer him. Arreola KNEW he had Jameel right away.
D-MARV
Even then, you can see that McCline was in much better shape
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.