Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:RBR/Postfight-Wright vs. Williams & Arreola vs. McCline
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post fight reactions to tonight's HBO's double-header. Arreola vs. McCline and Wright vs. Williams.

Keep everything about the fight in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I hope McCline comes with it tonight. Dude is huge and has some decent skills, but just doesn't have that firepower. Hopefully he brings the fight to Arreola because he can be beaten. He got dropped in his last fight against Walker, so we'll see what happens. However, he always seems to fall short in these situations so I gots to go with Arreola by mid round tko. Then he'll call out Klitschko again. I'd like to see a fight between Eddie Chambers and Chris Arreola. We'll see what happens tonight though.
JLUVBABY
allight guys.. its bout to be on an poppin... got a feelin tho i'm not pickin him but a sneaky feelin mccline pulls this off via cory sanders vs. wlad. klit...lol... dont know why but i feel it...
JLUVBABY
look at that belly on chris arreola... thats a damn shame.. win or lose he is hurting himself...
Romulus9
Based on conditioning alone, I'd like to see McCline fight James Toney next.

I'm not sure either one would train longer than 10 or 15 minutes.
Romulus9
Well...

that's over with.

Adios McCline.
BigG
I gave round 1 to Winky on quality over quantity and I gave round 2 to Williams.
JLUVBABY
this is gonna be a later round ko for williams... wright is getting busted up early...
JLUVBABY
and wright will have done it to himself by not fighting enough...
BigG
I'm going to give round 3 to Williams but its quite close. Alot of Williams punches are being blocked but he is more active.
BigG
The steam Im watching in is pretty laggy but round 4 seemed to be won by Williams.
BigG
I thought Winky took round 5..
Byrd Man
Go Winky!
BigG
I thought Winky won round 6...
salvador
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jim Lampley either wants to fuck or is fucking Jenny Lee Burns.
Al Hata

I got Williams up so far, Winky has won a few rounds though. LOL @ Lamply talkin about the ring card girl. Classic.
Romulus9
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 11 2009, 11:23 PM) *
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jim Lampley either wants to fuck or is fucking Jenny Lee Burns.

Good call.

On the scorecard front, I've got it a shutout for Williams. A case can be made for 1 and 5 for Winky but he's not won more than 2. Williams in absolute control. Great showing for PW so far.
BigG
It's a close fight...I gave round 7 to Williams and maybe round 8 to Winky. But alot of Williams punches seem to be getting blocked..he throws alot more...but Winky is landing good right hands.
JLUVBABY
winky makes it to the 12th round only if williams dont press him... winky is done... williams is having fun in this fight...
Al Hata

Winky in trouble!
BigG
That was Williams round....I got Williams up slightly....
Al Hata

Great fight so far, Williams is a beast out there.
JLUVBABY
you damn right al hata williams is a beast... this fight is not close at all...
BigG
That was a very competitive round..Winky landed some good body shots...and Williams threw more as usual...but I give it to Williams...looks like hes gonna win a decision.
Romulus9
Am I the only one that wants to watch Williams fight Cintron next? Just for fun.
D-MARV
Winky gettin ass beat!!!! anyone gave Winky more than 2 rounds is BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
11 to 1 Williams.
Romulus9
Anything less than 117-111 is an absolute crime.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Winky gettin ass beat!!!! anyone gave Winky more than 2 rounds is BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes your Bullshit KO prediction. LOL.

BigG
Williams wins he took control of most of the late rounds. But I thought HBO was kind of dickriding Williams from the beginning....they really never noted any of Wrights body shots.
Romulus9
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Williams wins he took control of most of the late rounds. But I thought HBO was kind of dickriding Williams from the beginning....

HBO was saying that Winky was getting run over for most of the fight and I think they were absolutely right.

I had it a shutout. You could make a case for two or MAYBE three but Winky got his ass kicked tonight. He got a beating handed to him in the same manner as the one he put on Tito. I enjoyed it.
JLUVBABY
winky got a bad ass woman standing next to him.. she need some jluv...lol...
salvador
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 11 2009, 10:44 PM) *
Williams wins he took control of most of the late rounds. But I thought HBO was kind of dickriding Williams from the beginning....they really never noted any of Wrights body shots.

Like from the first round. Winky landed the three most important shots of the first round. Lampley acted as if he didn't throw a single punch. I'm losing faith in the guy's impartiality.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 11 2009, 11:43 PM) *
There goes your Bullshit KO prediction. LOL.

LOL... thats OK. A beatdown is a beatdown
salvador
I want Williams to fight at ww on principle.

I WANT FLOYD TO ACTIVELY AND CLEARLY AND NAKEDLY DUCK WILLIAMS!
Sugar Q
Paul Williams is definitely the man to beat.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 11 2009, 10:47 PM) *
LOL... thats OK. A beatdown is a beatdown

But you know what, if Williams would have stuck to the body he might have gotten it. I don't know if Williams neglected it or Wright did something to make him stop throwing but he was whipping Wright bad down there early on.
Al Hata

I don't think Williams should fight over middleweight. Still takes way too many clean shots. Bhop would destroy him right now imo.
BigG
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ Apr 12 2009, 03:46 AM) *
HBO was saying that Winky was getting run over for most of the fight and I think they were absolutely right.

I had it a shutout. You could make a case for two or MAYBE three but Winky got his ass kicked tonight. He got a beating handed to him in the same manner as the one he put on Tito. I enjoyed it.

Not questioning the win definitely obviously Winky. I only thought Winky won rounds 1, 5 and 6.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ Apr 11 2009, 10:46 PM) *

hell yeah williams shut winky out.. this fight was no wheres near close...lol.. i just got off the phone with hardhead and we both agree that even if winky was fighting on a regular basis not sure winky could beat this guy... i think the loss to quintana made williams the fighter he is today and the better fighter he will become in the future... he is a beast now but he might be becoming a great fighter if he stays focused and continues to get better like he has been...
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 11 2009, 11:49 PM) *
But you know what, if Williams would have stuck to the body he might have gotten it. I don't know if Williams neglected it or Wright did something to make him stop throwing but he was whipping Wright bad down there early on.

I agree. Paul's body attack is serious.
Romulus9
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:50 PM) *
Not questioning the win definitely obviously Winky. I only thought Winky won rounds 1, 5 and 6.

Completely understood. As I said, I think you can make a case for 3 rounds, which is how you had it. 117-111 was perfectly fine.

I actually thought Winky looked okay in ways tonight. He just shouldn't have fought Paul Williams. Bad matchup, especially after such a layoff.
JLUVBABY
on another note.. i think its real how jim lampley and even larry merchant gives shouts out to their friends that pass.. we talk shit on those guys but i think they bring to light that they are really joe blows like the rest of us... 10 bells for arthur curry!!!
BigG
*not questioning the win for Williams...
Romulus9
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 11 2009, 11:53 PM) *
on another note.. i think its real how jim lampley and even larry merchant gives shouts out to their friends that pass.. we talk shit on those guys but i think they bring to light that they are really joe blows like the rest of us... 10 bells for arthur curry!!!

Really a moving tribute from all the guys, including Michael Buffer. Had a tear in my eye and I never knew the man.
BigG
Williams deserves his props though, even if Winky is past his best. Very good win. But this doesn't make him the P4P king....maybe if he unifies Middleweight, he might have a case.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I actually had the fight 116-112. I gave Winky rounds 1,3,5 and 6. I could see rounds 3 and 6 going to Williams though. HBO was all over Williams' nuts, even when his shots weren't landing. That got kind of annoying after awhile, but dude does throw a ton of shots. He fought well tonight, and would be a tough match for anyone. Winky fought fairly well tonight too, I'd love to see him in there again. Williams is just a tough match, and he makes for good fights. Pretty cool to think I played blackjack a couple weeks ago with a man who shared the ring with Paul Williams.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 12 2009, 12:01 AM) *
Williams deserves his props though, even if Winky is past his best. Very good win. But this doesn't make him the P4P king....maybe if he unifies Middleweight, he might have a case.

I think it should be vacant because if you say Pacquiao is then Paul has a solid case. People may say Paul beat an old Winky but Paul beat the real Winky. I didn't see a different Winky but I saw Winky get beat like never before. Paul has shown that his only lost was a fluke.
thefloatingmonkey
No doubt Williams deserved the win tonight. I was hoping for Winky, but he is just getting old and doesn't have what he use to.

On a side note, Arreola looked not so hot as usual, yet HBO loves him. Manny said that he would make Klitschko fight hard, but I think Manny was just trying to promote his boy. Arreola is an easy target and that jab of Klitschko would eat him alive. Big hype job.
The CEO
Well....I was off on my prediction some....

...that Williams is gonna put on the show of his life and stop an uninspired and noticeably rusty Wright.

Winky was inspired and really not rusty at all....and didn't get stopped.

but...Williams DID put on the show of his life...that boy striped Winky's ass all night long...with a smile on his face, no less....lol

Impressive performance.

and how about that left uppercut he landed from under and around his right arm that Winky was lockin' down.....that move alone made my night... yes2.gif

Bottom line on Williams....he's no P4P "KING" yet like some are claiming...but he is, most definitely, a legitimate P4Per AND force in The Boxing World right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.