Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PAUL WILLIAMS IS THE P4P KING!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sugar Q
Forget Pacquiao Paul Williams is the man to beat. Tell me your thoughts.
BigG
LEt the hype begin...

Pacquiao has beaten all time greats and began winning titles at FLYWEIGHT and PWilliams is supposed to be better than him?

Sorry buddy, Manny Pacquiao is the P4P king.
Box in Hand
Why is it that after every big fight people are ready to claim the winner as the best things since pussy. PW beat and old Winky who was inactive for 2 years. He is not P4P so let's not go there.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:47 PM) *
LEt the hype begin...

Pacquiao has beaten all time greats and began winning titles at FLYWEIGHT and PWilliams is supposed to be better than him?

Sorry buddy, Manny Pacquiao is the P4P king.

Well, Manny fought his last fight at 147. I'm sure Williams can still make 147. What would happen if they met?
BigG
Williams would probably win..but this guy made Winky look like a midget..Williams is not a freaking Welterweight...this guy to me has outgrown it. He looks thick in there and looks more powerful at Middleweight. He is improved since the Margarito fight.

Manny has earned his spot.....no fucking way is Williams ranked above Manny.
Mean Mister Mustard
Crazy talk from a crazy poster.

PacMan has beaten Barerra 2X, Morales 2X, JMM, DLH. And those are only the big names. Let's not forget the body of work he did pre 2003.

Williams should be in the top 15 however with wins over Margarito, Quintana, Phillips and Wright. But it would be more on the way he beat them.
The CEO
Paul Williams has alot more work to do to become "The P4P King"....but he should definitely be in everyone's Top 10 P4P list after tonight (if he wasn't there already)....anywhere between #5 and #10 is cool.
hardhead
I don't think he's overtaken Pacquiao yet but Williams beats everybody at welter(Mosley, Clotty Cotto and Floyd). He's too damn busy and too damn much of a physical freak for any of those guys. The welter division should be glad he's moved up.

The only question I have for Williams fighting at middleweight is how well he can take a middleweight punch. If he takes Pavlik's punch he beats Pavlik easy
kidbazooka1
Williams is the real deal but no way is he p4p #1 maybe in the future but right now Pacqiuao, Marquez and Hopkins definitly deserve to be ranked ahead of him aswell as a few others.
Big Slim Sweet
Williams definitely crashes the top ten after tonight but not at #1.

Not yet anyway.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (hardhead @ Apr 12 2009, 01:01 AM) *
I don't think he's overtaken Pacquiao yet but Williams beats everybody at welter(Mosley, Clotty Cotto and Floyd). He's too damn busy and too damn much of a physical freak for any of those guys. The welter division should be glad he's moved up.

The only question I have for Williams fighting at middleweight is how well he can take a middleweight punch. If he takes Pavlik's punch he beats Pavlik easy

PW just fought at MIDDLEWEIGHT! NO freaking way he sucks down to welterweight and fights that good. NO WAY! Who has he beat at WW? Margarito. I really hope he drops back down to WW and fights a Mosley, Cotto, Clottey, or a Floyd. He is not going to be that strong. Could he win? Sure, but it is not like he is unbeatable. Ask Quintana. And yes he has improved, but to say it is a foregone conclusion he can beat all 4 of those fighters is silly to me. I thought PW looked awesome tonight, and he is definately a force to be reckoned with at middleweight. When and if he drops all the way back down to WW, I would love him to fight any of those 4 fighters.

He has the talent to beat anyone at middleweight, but till he proves it against a Pavlik or Abraham, no way I will rate him higher yet after beating a older, rusty Winky. I give PW major props for wanting to fight the best, and prove himself. I just hope the elite(other champs) step up to the challenge and fight him. I wish boxing had more fighters with a PW mentality.
D-MARV
PWill still has a few fights before he gets that distinction. Problem is... who will he fight? Pavlik and Abraham are tied up for the year, Mosley wants no part of him at this stage of Shane's career, and I Cotto-Clottey are tied up too. I'm moving PWill from 10 to 5-6 on my lists.

PWill hs called out Hopkins too. If he gets Hopkins and beats him then PWill will have a case then.
hardhead
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 12 2009, 05:21 AM) *
PW just fought at MIDDLEWEIGHT! NO freaking way he sucks down to welterweight and fights that good. NO WAY! Who has he beat at WW? Margarito. I really hope he drops back down to WW and fights a Mosley, Cotto, Clottey, or a Floyd. He is not going to be that strong. Could he win? Sure, but it is not like he is unbeatable. Ask Quintana. And yes he has improved, but to say it is a foregone conclusion he can beat all 4 of those fighters is silly to me. I thought PW looked awesome tonight, and he is definately a force to be reckoned with at middleweight. When and if he drops all the way back down to WW, I would love him to fight any of those 4 fighters.

He has the talent to beat anyone at middleweight, but till he proves it against a Pavlik or Abraham, no way I will rate him higher yet after beating a older, rusty Winky. I give PW major props for wanting to fight the best, and prove himself. I just hope the elite(other champs) step up to the challenge and fight him. I wish boxing had more fighters with a PW mentality.

I believe the first Quintana is/was a fluke and I don't really look at it too much anymore(not to mention I believe Williams has gotten a lot better since then). My statement is not a knock on any of those 4 guys I mentioned, I just think Williams flat out is too big of a physical freak and too much of an offensive machine for any welter. I think Floyd would have a small shot because he's more defensive and slick but this version(the version that fought Corrales could possibly beat him) of Floyd to me doesn't throw enough punches and lays on the ropes with his shoulder roll way too much. Floyd would land some counters on Williams but he doesn't have enough power to phase Williams enough and Williams would keep coming and punching from all different angles to outwork him(oh and Williams' stamina is ridiculous). However, since Williams has moved up to 160 I doubt many fans will clamor for Williams to fight any welters because they'll say he's not a "natural" welterweight, nor will most welters want to fight him because they already have less risky paydays. It is what it is and those guys already have big time fights without Williams. As long as he can make the WW comfortably he's whatever weight he's fighting at, and according to Williams and his camp he can still make the welterweight limit if the big fight is there. Look at his weight today, he weighed in at 157 and walked into the ring at 165 and had to eat like a motherfucker to get up to 160 in the first place. So to me, right now I don't think Williams would struggle to make WW because he hasn't grown into being a full fledged middle just yet. It may effect him later on if he stays at 160 and tries to drop but right now I think he could do it comfortably.

It's all moot anyway as I don't see him getting a fight with either of those 4(maybe Clotty, but Shane has already said he's not looking for that fight, I doubt Arum would risk Cotto and Floyd has a lot of other less risky options out there). Pavlik or Abraham seems like the next logical step for Williams.
JD
LOL.

No, he isn't.

Top 10...yep. #1? Ehhh...no.

I love the post fight hysteria some guys go into...it is hilarious.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 07:52 AM) *
LOL.

No, he isn't.

Do you think Williams beats Floyd at 147? I do.

JD
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 12 2009, 09:04 AM) *
Do you think Williams beats Floyd at 147? I do.

Yeah, I do.

The physical advantages are just way too much for even Floyd...but I also think Floyd far exceeds Williams on a P4P level. 147 is the absolute lightest Williams should ever be at...and 147 is the absolute heaviest Floyd should ever be at.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 08:52 AM) *
LOL.

No, he isn't.

LOL... yeah this fight isn't that surprising to me. I expected that type of performance from PWill against a 37 year old who has been off for 2 years. Im a fan of PWill but I won't blow this fight up. He has a few fights left before he claims the crown.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 08:17 AM) *
Yeah, I do.

The physical advantages are just way too much for even Floyd...but I also think Floyd far exceeds Williams on a P4P level. 147 is the absolute lightest Williams should ever be at...and 147 is the absolute heaviest Floyd should ever be at.

The lightest vs heaviest argument is reasonable.

But the idea that just because Floyd is faster, more coordinated, and overall just a better athelete doesn't make him a more formidable opponent p4p. Williams' freakish size and stamina make him a tougher fight on a p4p basis than just about anyone in the sport. Williams weighed in at 157 for this fight - so it's not like he's killing himself to make mw.
D-MARV
PWill owns Mayweather.
JD
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 12 2009, 11:56 AM) *
The lightest vs heaviest argument is reasonable.

But the idea that just because Floyd is faster, more coordinated, and overall just a better athelete doesn't make him a more formidable opponent p4p. Williams' freakish size and stamina make him a tougher fight on a p4p basis than just about anyone in the sport. Williams weighed in at 157 for this fight - so it's not like he's killing himself to make mw.

No...he isn't at killing himself at all, but I really cannot think of one thing Paul Williams does better than Floyd Mayweather. He is just so much bigger. He throws a ton of punches...he has great stamina, but P4P I do not think he really compares to Floyd and his skill set. At 160, I don't think Williams beats Pavlik OR Abraham, but I know for damn sure he'd be willing to try.

I mean, if Juan Manuel Marquez fought Joshua Clottey at welterweight he would lose soundly - but it doesn't mean I think Clottey is better than him on a P4P basis.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 12 2009, 12:29 AM) *
Crazy talk from a crazy poster.

PacMan has beaten Barerra 2X, Morales 2X, JMM, DLH. And those are only the big names. Let's not forget the body of work he did pre 2003.

Williams should be in the top 15 however with wins over Margarito, Quintana, Phillips and Wright. But it would be more on the way he beat them.

Ok let me see when PBF was the man it was what has he done lately but now Pacquiao coming off a controversial win over Marquez, a win over someone name David Diaz and a win over a clearly depleted Oscar and he's P4P? If the Corrales, Chavez, Castillo fights didn't count then the Morales, Barrera and controversial Marquez shouldn't. What do you think happens if PW comes back to 147 to fight Manny (provided Manny gets past Hatton which I doubt). Does it need to happen for you to get my point?
BigG
PWill owns Mayweather how quickly forget Pwill was owned by Carlos Quintana for 12 rounds and was getting hit with ridiculous shit that Mayweather would NEVER have gotten hit with.
D-MARV
LOL... Im gonna put it like this. NO ONE from 160 (not named Abraham) or below beats Paul Williams.

Williams beats Mayweather, Pavlik, Mosley, Clottey, Kirkland or whoever you wanna throw out there.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (hardhead @ Apr 12 2009, 03:28 AM) *
I believe the first Quintana is/was a fluke and I don't really look at it too much anymore(not to mention I believe Williams has gotten a lot better since then). My statement is not a knock on any of those 4 guys I mentioned, I just think Williams flat out is too big of a physical freak and too much of an offensive machine for any welter. I think Floyd would have a small shot because he's more defensive and slick but this version(the version that fought Corrales could possibly beat him) of Floyd to me doesn't throw enough punches and lays on the ropes with his shoulder roll way too much. Floyd would land some counters on Williams but he doesn't have enough power to phase Williams enough and Williams would keep coming and punching from all different angles to outwork him(oh and Williams' stamina is ridiculous). However, since Williams has moved up to 160 I doubt many fans will clamor for Williams to fight any welters because they'll say he's not a "natural" welterweight, nor will most welters want to fight him because they already have less risky paydays. It is what it is and those guys already have big time fights without Williams. As long as he can make the WW comfortably he's whatever weight he's fighting at, and according to Williams and his camp he can still make the welterweight limit if the big fight is there. Look at his weight today, he weighed in at 157 and walked into the ring at 165 and had to eat like a motherfucker to get up to 160 in the first place. So to me, right now I don't think Williams would struggle to make WW because he hasn't grown into being a full fledged welter just yet. It may effect him later on if he stays at 160 and tries to drop but right now I think he could do it comfortably.

It's all moot anyway as I don't see him getting a fight with either of those 4(maybe Clotty, but Shane has already said he's not looking for that fight, I doubt Arum would risk Cotto and Floyd has a lot of other less risky options out there). Pavlik or Abraham seems like the next logical step for Williams.

EXACTLY! Floyd would have to go Sugar Ray Leonard to beat this long, freakish dude. None of the others at 147 have a chance with this guy. This guy takes a great shot and throws punches like a feather-wt. Floyd would have a shot but not much. PW still makes a lot of mistakes out there but it'll take a very hard puncher or a very accurate puncher to make him pay. I would not wanna see little Manny in there with this dude. If I'm Floyd I wouldn't take this fight at this stage of my career.
D-MARV
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 12 2009, 12:15 PM) *
PWill owns Mayweather how quickly forget Pwill was owned by Carlos Quintana for 12 rounds and was getting hit with ridiculous shit that Mayweather would NEVER have gotten hit with.

BG,
I thought we were going to get over the Quintana loss. PWill had a bad night. Floyd doesn't throw enough to win more than 3 rounds against PWill.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Apr 12 2009, 11:14 AM) *
Ok let me see when PBF was the man it was what has he done lately but now Pacquiao coming off a controversial win over Marquez, a win over someone name David Diaz and a win over a clearly depleted Oscar and he's P4P? If the Corrales, Chavez, Castillo fights didn't count then the Morales, Barrera and controversial Marquez shouldn't.

Bad argument dude. For all the shit Mayweather gets no one disputed him being p4p #1. Pac had reached #2 on most lists and got the title when Floyd quit.
Big Slim Sweet
I also think it's time to stop speculating on the possibility of Williams fighting Mayweather, Mosley, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc. It's not going to happen. For better or worse (and I happen to think it's better for ALL involved, including Williams), his days fighting below 160 are likely done. The dude has filled out quite nicely at middleweight. He's comfortable there and these smaller welters would have to be out of their damn minds to fight him now. I really, really don't see it happening.

The big names in Paul Williams' future are Pavlik, Abraham, Taylor, Andrade, Hopkins maybe. I honestly think it's more likely he fights Chad Dawson in the next 2-3 years than Mosley or Cotto.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 12:13 PM) *
No...he isn't at killing himself at all, but I really cannot think of one thing Paul Williams does better than Floyd Mayweather. He is just so much bigger. He throws a ton of punches...he has great stamina, but P4P I do not think he really compares to Floyd and his skill set. At 160, I don't think Williams beats Pavlik OR Abraham, but I know for damn sure he'd be willing to try.

I mean, if Juan Manuel Marquez fought Joshua Clottey at welterweight he would lose soundly - but it doesn't mean I think Clottey is better than him on a P4P basis.

But how can you rank someone above him that he beat. PBF is the far better fighter than Williams but if Williams beats him how could anyone rank PBF above him. That's why I say Williams has a case for P4P cause he can come down and smash Manny and according to him he is more than willing to.
BigG
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 12 2009, 05:44 PM) *
I also think it's time to stop speculating on the possibility of Williams fighting Mayweather, Mosley, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc. It's not going to happen. For better or worse (and I happen to think it's better for ALL involved, including Williams), his days fighting below 160 are likely done. The dude has filled out quite nicely at middleweight. He's comfortable there and these smaller welters would have to be out of their damn minds to fight him now. I really, really don't see it happening.

The big names in Paul Williams' future are Pavlik, Abraham, Taylor, Andrade, Hopkins maybe. I honestly think it's more likely he fights Chad Dawson in the next 2-3 years than Mosley or Cotto.

Dawson would beat Williams handily.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 12 2009, 12:44 PM) *

I dont think Paul is a full middle-wt yet. He looks like more of a lt-middle to me. Can he take a fight at 147 again? Probably but I don't see him staying there. People say this is hype but Winky Wright aint no hype. This was a solid win for PW. I just hope that Paul gradually goes up in weight before taking on the big, strong guys up there.
D-MARV
The early word around here is that if Kirkland can capture the belt from Dzinziruk, then we WILL have a light Middleweight SUPERFIGHT with Willaims Vs Kirkland. I can't post the source yet, but I iwll when I can.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Apr 12 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Can he take a fight at 147 again? Probably but I don't see him staying there.

I'm sure he could go back to 147 for a fight or two if he wanted, but it won't be worth his time. Realistically the top welters aren't going to go near him, and I can't say I blame them.
JD
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Apr 12 2009, 12:46 PM) *
But how can you rank someone above him that he beat. PBF is the far better fighter than Williams but if Williams beats him how could anyone rank PBF above him. That's why I say Williams has a case for P4P cause he can come down and smash Manny and according to him he is more than willing to.

Manny doesn't belong at 147, and fighting Williams would be silly.

I would rank Marquez above CLottey on a pound for pound basis because he is a better fighter - regardless if Clottey were to beat him at 147 or not. Clottey would rank higher at the weight, but not in the mythical discussion, simply because Marquez is so much smaller.

If Floyd went up to 160 and lost to Felix Sturm, would Sturm be a better fighter P4P? Of course not. Size will have an impact in actual results sometimes...it's just the way it is.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 12 2009, 12:39 PM) *
Bad argument dude. For all the shit Mayweather gets no one disputed him being p4p #1. Pac had reached #2 on most lists and got the title when Floyd quit.

Cool Slim but what do we do when Hatton beats Pacquiao? LOL. I think Hattons gonna take him.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 01:01 PM) *
Manny doesn't belong at 147, and fighting Williams would be silly.

I would rank Marquez above CLottey on a pound for pound basis because he is a better fighter - regardless if Clottey were to beat him at 147 or not. Clottey would rank higher at the weight, but not in the mythical discussion, simply because Marquez is so much smaller.

If Floyd went up to 160 and lost to Felix Sturm, would Sturm be a better fighter P4P? Of course not.

True but Sturm's not on the list. I'm not saying Clottey would be P4P but you couldn't rank Marquez there if he lost to Clottey especially if Marquez was soundly beaten. Marquez would still be an all time great he just wouldnt be a P4P best amongst today's fighters without Clottey being on that list as long as Clottey is still winning.
JD
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Apr 12 2009, 01:04 PM) *
True but Sturm's not on the list. I'm not saying Clottey would be P4P but you couldn't rank Marquez there if he lost to Clottey especially if Marquez was soundly beaten.

But it isn't really relevant who is or isn't on the list because this is straight hypothetical.

I mean, I don't know anyone who thinks Clottey is better P4P than Marquez...and even if they did fight at 147 and Marquez lost, it would not change that because of the size disaprity. Take Hopkins as an example, and his desire to fight Maskaev at Heavy for a belt. Suppose Maskaev caught him and stopped him...same deal, no one in their right mind would consider Maskaev a P4P player and above Hopkins, regardless of the fact that he won.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 01:07 PM) *
But it isn't really relevant who is or isn't on the list because this is straight hypothetical.

I mean, I don't know anyone who thinks Clottey is better P4P than Marquez...and even if they did fight at 147 and Marquez lost, it would not change that because of the size disaprity. Take Hopkins as an example, and his desire to fight Maskaev at Heavy for a belt. Suppose Maskaev caught him and stopped him...same deal, no one in their right mind would consider Maskaev a P4P player and above Hopkins, regardless of the fact that he won.

True but Hopkins would have to redeem that lost somehow. Don't think he would be on many P4P list after getting stopped.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 12 2009, 11:13 AM) *

So it's just a matter of a definition. I believe p4p is about who is the most formidable opponent p4p and you think it's about athleticism. Maybe Floyd's speed is as unfair a natural advantage as Williams' size/stamina/chin.

Floyd's obviously the most talented guy in the sport right now, but Williams is more formidable p4p, so I'd take Williams.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 12 2009, 01:22 PM) *
So it's just a matter of a definition. I believe p4p is about who is the most formidable opponent p4p and you think it's about athleticism. Maybe Floyd's speed is as unfair a natural advantage as Williams' size/stamina/chin.

Floyd's obviously the most talented guy in the sport right now, but Williams is more formidable p4p, so I'd take Williams.

I agree with my man Sal on this one :-)
King Eugene
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 11 2009, 11:55 PM) *
Why is it that after every big fight people are ready to claim the winner as the best things since pussy.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 12 2009, 12:21 AM) *

iwas kinda thinking the same thing lil lightfoot.. paul looks like he is has outgrown the welters.. it doesnt matter cuzz none of those guys are gonna fight him anyway.. mosely is on record saying he's not gonna fight him and floyd isnt gonna fight him... the only welter with the nuts i think to fight him would be cotto or clottey... and assuming williams could suck down and retain his abilities i think he destroys both of them at this point... he needs to settle in at 154 i think and make some superfights at that weight and maybe go back and fourth from 154 to 160l.. but 147 it seems is no longer an option...
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 12 2009, 12:21 PM) *
LOL... Im gonna put it like this. NO ONE from 160 (not named Abraham) or below beats Paul Williams.

Williams beats Mayweather, Pavlik, Mosley, Clottey, Kirkland or whoever you wanna throw out there.

Now thats what I really want to see. PWill vs. Kirkland. Lets see that chin get tested. I think PWill wins cause he'll out last Kirkland cause he has poor stamina and is likely to get stopped late in the fight. But for the firt 4 rounds it would be a battle!
D-MARV
Kirkland wouldn't last 6 rounds.
EpTXCHAMP
been saying since day one p-will was the truth i know this has to hurt dougie fischer hahah who was the biggest p-will doubter

147-160 p-will unbeatable unless he comes in unfocused or unprepared like he did against quintana period!
JD
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 12 2009, 01:22 PM) *

Hmmmmm...no. I think P4P is about skills and ability on a pound 4 pound basis, fighter by fighter.

Pound for pound (every 1 pound of Floyd VS every 1 pound of Williams which is really 140 VS 154 or 160), Floyd is a better (more skilled) fighter than Paul Williams. Thus, I say he is a better P4P fighter. I guess in the end it is a matter of definition. All good.
hardhead
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 12 2009, 03:55 AM) *
Why is it that after every big fight people are ready to claim the winner as the best things since pussy. PW beat and old Winky who was inactive for 2 years. He is not P4P so let's not go there.

Williams is the GREATEST THING SINCE PUSSY!!!!

:laugh:
Mean Mister Mustard
People are making a mistake with Williams when they assume he beats anyone. Sure he is a freak of nature but he does have flaws. He can still be outmuscled and gets hit way too easily. A good boxer could still tie him up and bang his body. Hell, if Mosley fought him I'd pick him. Remember how Mosley morhped into Hatton and beat Margarito, muscling him around and banging the body? That's how Mosley would fight him. Williams is dangerous if you let him tee off on you, the trick is to tie him up and rough him up on the inside. Quintana used single shots and the clinching to neutralize Williams and someone else will too.

Or imagine he faces someone slick who can fight on the inside. Kinda like Nate Cambpell who stood right in there with Diaz and beat him at his own game of activity. That could happen. Point is Williams is good, actually better than that. But it is not a foregone conclusion that he beats everyone.
D-MARV
PWill wouldn't beat everybody. Just everybody under 160. Mosley would get beat soundly.....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 12 2009, 01:58 PM) *
PWill wouldn't beat everybody. Just everybody under 160. Mosley would get beat soundly.....

paul williams would destroy and knock out shane mosely which is why mosely is on record saying he wants no parts of williams... most will say well mosely only wants the big fights but mosely is not a big draw himself.. as good as he is he is not a huge draw... he needs a superstar in the other corner to get big buys.. i am almost 100% sure none of the welters will fight paul williams.. his best shot i think would be the winner of cotto clottey who both guys have balls and would be willing to face him i am sure...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 12 2009, 02:58 PM) *

That is what everybody said too about Margarito beating Mosley. Mosley destroyed Margarito with ease, who PW beat also, but not near that convincing. PW just fought at MIDDLEWEIGHT!!! Until he goes back down to WELTERWEIGHT, I will not say he beats any of those guys with ease. He will be alot smaller and not near as strong. Heck, if he can make it like he says, then drop back down and start calling names out at welterweight. I GUARANTEE he is not unbeatable at WELTERWEIGHT, but I highly doubt he goes back down anyway. PW is a tease, forget middleweight and jr. middleweight, and just go back to welterweight and prove you are this unbeatable monster that will destroy PBF,Cotto,Mosley, and Clottey. The hype this guy gets is ridiculous, yes he is a damn good fighter, but acting like it is a foregone conclusion he beats everybody at welterweight without a shadow of a doubt is a joke to me. Quintana proved it once he is beatable, and it is not like he walked all over Margarito. Geez, Winky was off for 21 months, and did not let his hands go near enough. But what about a Mayweather or those other guys that WILL be throwing more punches back in return. Personally, at WW I think PBF would outbox him and pick him apart, Mosley would eventually catch him with his chin up in the air and KO him, Cotto would probably end up stopping PW with bodyshots. Him and Clottey would be a toss-up.

As long as he comes in at Middleweight, I will not bother with PW fighting ANY Welterweights. Until this dude starts fighting WW again, it is not fair to judge him how good he is and how he would dismantle all WW's, when he is way bigger, stronger, hydrated in a Middleweight fight. Oscar looked like garbage at 147(Forbes and Pac), compared to his more recent fights at 154 which was way more comfortable weight for him to make. So if it is so damn easy to make WW, then drop back down already and clean out the division. Tell his team and HBO to get him one of those fights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.