Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donaire/Martinez and Solis/Viloria this weekend
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
What do you guys think about the fights this weekend.

Nonito/Martinez looks like it might be a competitve one but I give Nonito a slight edge who also holds a win over Martinez in the amatuers. Nonito is on roll right now and he's only getting better but Martinez is no joke though at 24-0-14KO's he kinda reminds me of a young Carbajal but for him to win this he IMO has to stop Nonito cause he sure ain't gonna get no decision in the phillipines.

Solis/Viloria is another good one but given Viloria recent perfromances agianst the top guys at this weight I see Solis taking a decision ofcourse unless we see a hometwon robbery.
torvix2000
I've a question: Where is that guy who beat Villoria twice? The one found taking "cocaine" or whatever. Is he still fighting?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 15 2009, 09:29 PM) *
I've a question: Where is that guy who beat Villoria twice? The one found taking "cocaine" or whatever. Is he still fighting?

I assume your talking about Omar Nino yes he's still fighting but hasn't had a quality win since.

torvix2000
Tnx.

Nonito hasn't fought quality for how many months after defeating Darch? Martinez will probably give him a hard time.

Overall, I think those Philippine fighters will be in trouble.

I could be wrong, though.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 16 2009, 01:25 AM) *
Tnx.

Nonito hasn't fought quality for how many months after defeating Darch? Martinez will probably give him a hard time.

Overall, I think those Philippine fighters will be in trouble.

I could be wrong, though.

Martinez is no joke he's young, fast and skilled he'll give Nonito a tough fight but Nonito is just a little better in every depratment in my opinion.

Also you can kinda tell Martinez confidence is not where it should be. When asked about if he will win there's been times where he replies with " I hope I'll win" thats showing me that he's not all that confident and that isn't a good mind set when your fighting in the other guys backyard. Nonito on the other hand has stated the he has do doubt in his mind that he'll win come staurday thats the way a fighter should think. I know it's not a big deal to some but little things like that can say alot about a fighter.
JLUVBABY
how much is this dvd?.. anybody know?.. if its one of those 14.95's i might order it...lol
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 16 2009, 07:16 PM) *
how much is this dvd?.. anybody know?.. if its one of those 14.95's i might order it...lol

DVD?

You mean payperview right? Not sure but i think it's around $29.
BigG
Gonna be good fights. I'm taking Donaire and Solis both by UD.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 17 2009, 12:02 AM) *
DVD?

You mean payperview right? Not sure but i think it's around $29.

lol.. yeah i meant ppv...lol
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 18 2009, 09:33 PM) *
lol.. yeah i meant ppv...lol

dont know who's watching this fight but brian villoria just put ulysis solis's lights out... perfect shot sounded off like a shotgun in the 11th round...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 18 2009, 09:49 PM) *
dont know who's watching this fight but brian villoria just put ulysis solis's lights out... perfect shot sounded off like a shotgun in the 11th round...

Viloria looked real good in there tonight. Solis was a sucker for the right hand thats was a beautiful KO.
stateofthegame
great showing by Viloria and he finished the show.
frankypc
How crappy. Even tho im happy for Viloria. I always wanted for Ivan Calderon to fight Ulises Solis, it seemed to me (imhop) like a winable fight for Calderon even tho obviously everyone is bigger than him at 108 lol.
BigG
Viloria always had the talent and finally lived up to his potential but I figured a solid champ like Solis was gonna beat him like Omar Nino and Edgar Sosa beat him. Great win for Viloria easily the best win of his career
stateofthegame
I pinned the topic. I hope I did not close it. I am not good at the moderator thing
Mean Mister Mustard
Who is this guy Donaire is fighting?
BigG
Ohhhh shit..nasty left hook by Donaire!!! Martinez is down!

And Martinez is down again..

Doanire looking real good.
BigG
Donaire is really putting it on him...left hook puts Martinez is down.

But wow...Martinez is landing some overhand rights.

Donaire up 20-15 after 2.
frankypc
Nice. Thanks for the updates Big.
BigG
Round 3...Donaire's round but MArtinez fighting decent.

30-24 Donaire
Jack 1000
Hey All,

Sorry I missed pinning up this fight earlier for any round-by-round stuff. I knew about the fight earlier in the day, but somehow lost track of the time. Did anyone PPV this?

Jack
BigG
Martinez down again..and its over! Ref instantly stops it!!!

But it was kind of an early stoppage. Martinez got up right away
stateofthegame
bad stoppage IMO. Even though he was losing bad the stoppage was piss poor
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 18 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Martinez down again..and its over! Ref instantly stops it!!!

But it was kind of an early stoppage. Martinez got up right away

Yeah a bit too early but Martinez wasn't doing much.

MAKE DARCHY-DONAIRE II now!
kidbazooka1
Nonito made a good figher in Martinez look average.

I wanna see Nonito/Vic II or a fight with Montiel.
Mean Mister Mustard
If Darcynian beats Abgeko he should fight Donaire. I'm pretty sure he wants the fight. The only one who doesn't want it is Shaw.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2009, 12:01 AM) *
If Darcynian beats Abgeko he should fight Donaire. I'm pretty sure he wants the fight. The only one who doesn't want it is Shaw.

Shaw knows Nonito will put Vic flat on his ass again thats why he's making up all these excuses.
torvix2000
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 19 2009, 04:59 AM) *
Shaw knows Nonito will put Vic flat on his ass again thats why he's making up all these excuses.

Nonito is pure science! You can actually watch him observe how opponents move and react to his punches. Darchinyan will get starched up again if they meet.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Hey All,

Sorry I missed pinning up this fight earlier for any round-by-round stuff. I knew about the fight earlier in the day, but somehow lost track of the time. Did anyone PPV this?

Jack

yep i bought it jack... reason was there was no other boxing coming on and it was cheaper than ufc...lol... had it not been on i'd have ordered the ufc last night...lol
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 19 2009, 12:34 AM) *
Nonito is pure science! You can actually watch him observe how opponents move and react to his punches. Darchinyan will get starched up again if they meet.

i agree torvix... donaire is long and sleek enough and is punching if not harder just as hard as vic.. he beats vic dar. again.... that first win was no fluke... matter of fact i think the guy martinez from last night would give vic a bit of a fight.. in losing you could see he's a technical fighter and a good fighter... he was just getting bombed out by a guy that looked physically bigger and packed a hellava punch in that left hand..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.