Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye "Wlad sucks, he's crap!"
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy
Taken from The Guardian Unlimited.

Wladimir Klitschko has branded David Haye "embarrassing" after the Bermondsey fighter called him "Wladimir Bitchko" when continuing his declaration of war on the IBO and WBA heavyweight champion, and his elder brother, Vitaly.Haye fights Wladimir on 20 June in Germany at Schalke 04's stadium for the 33-year-old's titles in what promises to be one of the biggest events in the sport's history. More than 100 countries want to broadcast the fight live from Gelsenkirchen and 47,000 tickets have been sold. That figure could rise to a postwar European record of 70,000, comfortably beating the 57,000 crowd who witnessed Ricky Hatton defeat Juan Lazcano in Manchester in 2007.

After Haye again wore a T-shirt depicting him holding the bloodied, dismembered heads of the brothers, Wladimir said: "What an example David Haye is giving to the youth. It is embarrassing. My feelings are embarrassment that such a personality is involved in the sport. I cannot accept it. Boxing is international it has one race, one language and this is performance.."

Haye countered that his opponent "is a fighter that doesn't like to fight, with slappy gloves who doesn't stand like a true heavyweight great and go to war. But at some stage in your career you have to throw bombs. I'm going to force him to do that,", before admitting a personal dislike for Klitchsko.

"Yeah. He sucks, he's crap, I don't like his style, I don't like what he represents. He can be charming but he doesn't entertain. You should judge someone on what they do once the bell rings. I want to show him I am the best heavyweight in the world."

Wladimir, who kept cool throughout and with his courteous manner showed he has a touch of class, told Haye, a former cruiserweight world champion, that he had "only done two fights in heavyweight and wants to be champion. That's really provocative.

"I'm asking what's next, my dad's head, my mother's head, other family members? Maybe he'll attack my religion, my race. This is over the edge, this is not about sport. I tell you this guy will be punished." My jabs will give him a pizza face and then in the 12th-round I will knock him out."

Depending on the outcome, there will either be a rematch or Haye will fight Vitaly for his WBC title to unify the division.

I like Haye. He's bringing interest to the fight and much needed interest to the heavyweight division. Whether he can back up his boasts or not I'm thinking this is going to be one of the most eagerly anticipated heavyweight bouts for years.

D-MARV
I hope Haye can do it... But it's unlikely
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 20 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I hope Haye can do it... But it's unlikely

me too.

It would be great to have an exciting new hw. But there really isn't any chance he's getting past that jab - and even if Haye does land that huge punch on that glass jaw, Vitali will destroy him.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 20 2009, 02:01 PM) *
me too.

It would be great to have an exciting new hw. But there really isn't any chance he's getting past that jab - and even if Haye does land that huge punch on that glass jaw, Vitali will destroy him.

I don't know....whatever the case, at the very least the guy is providing some interest in the fight....as in is this guy all talk or will he really be able to pull it off.

I think if the guy really comes forward with all he has for 3 minutes of every round....he could tag Wlad at some point....If he brings it to him....Wlad really does not care to fight backing up and I think he can really do some damage if he can sustain a forward attack and never let Wlad get set....he can't ever let the fight slow down to that pace Wlad is so comfortable at. Which also means he will have to take a few punches and that is a major question mark.

As for a possible fight between he and Vitali.....after seeing Vitali's display with Gomez....I think Haye's chances with Vitali would be better than most think despite Vitali having a very good chin....I think on sheer work rate alone, Haye could pull off a win. I mean...seriously....size advantage or not...Vitali is closing in on 40.

It should be interesting!
Lil-lightsout
I give Haye an excellent chance of KO'ing Wlad. He is very fast and powerful, and believes in himself. When was the last time anyone even went after Wlad? We have seen Wlad look very vulnerable in the past, and if Haye jumps on him, you just never know. I am really rooting for Haye, and think he is going to win. But I would not be surprised to see Wlad stop Haye either. Whatever the outcome, this fight is only going a few rounds.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 20 2009, 03:55 PM) *
I give Haye an excellent chance of KO'ing Wlad. He is very fast and powerful, and believes in himself. When was the last time anyone even went after Wlad? We have seen Wlad look very vulnerable in the past, and if Haye jumps on him, you just never know. I am really rooting for Haye, and think he is going to win. But I would not be surprised to see Wlad stop Haye either. Whatever the outcome, this fight is only going a few rounds.

Good Point Lil-lightsout,

It will interesting to see how fired up Wlad will get about this fight. I've never seen him get uptight or irritated with any opponent. If Haye can get Wlad fired up and into all out brawl mode ... this fight will be very interesting.

A calm Wlad can keep Haye at bay with his jab ... but if he's emotional about kicking some ass .. he may dismiss the dominant jab and go for the kill shot immediately.

Let Haye continue to talk his talk -- I want to see an all out battle in the HW division for once.
D-MARV
Haye has the ability to hit you with the shot you don't see coming... So I give him a slight chance for that. I just hope he doesn't get caught first.
ROLL DEEP
Shoot, think of the Haye's going to earn from those ticket sales.

He MUST know something we don't to be THAT confident in busting Wladimir up.

WAR HAYE!
BGv2.0
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 20 2009, 04:05 PM) *
Shoot, think of the Haye's going to earn from those ticket sales.

What is this EEEEE you speak of? laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
"Bitchko" lol. Crude but effective.
salvador
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 20 2009, 05:11 PM) *
"Bitchko" lol. Crude but effective.

Bitchko works!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 20 2009, 10:41 PM) *
What is this EEEEE you speak of? laugh.gif

They are a unit of currency worth somewhere in the region of 32 US$ in the exchange rate.

I think that Haye is asking for a beating. This could be just what is needed a guy to piss Wlad off so much he beats him savagely & no mercy shown. If Wlad can beat him & stand over his body taunting him I will be impressed.
JonnyBlaze
I can't wait to see Haye eat his words..Then he'll just probably forget everything he said to Wlad like all other unworthy opponents who talk so much shit then end up looking like fools in the fight..It pisses me off when it happens cause in some cases a guy who really deserved a shot gets put to the side for the load mouth who gets his ass whipped..
STEVENSKI
So long as this ends in brutal highlight reel KO with a stretcher ride then I will be happy. Anything else is not right.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 21 2009, 12:05 AM) *
It pisses me off when it happens cause in some cases a guy who really deserved a shot gets put to the side for the load mouth who gets his ass whipped..

True but it is usually the loudmouth sideshow freak that makes the $$ & gets the PPV.

Look at guys like Mayorga & Tyson two classic examples who received repeated title shots for no reason other than they generated buys & $$.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 20 2009, 06:10 PM) *
True but it is usually the loudmouth sideshow freak that makes the $$ & gets the PPV.

Look at guys like Mayorga & Tyson two classic examples who received repeated title shots for no reason other than they generated buys & $$.

No doubt about it Steve..No doubt..Ali and James Toney have done the same shit..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 20 2009, 07:05 PM) *
I can't wait to see Haye eat his words..Then he'll just probably forget everything he said to Wlad like all other unworthy opponents who talk so much shit then end up looking like fools in the fight..It pisses me off when it happens cause in some cases a guy who really deserved a shot gets put to the side for the load mouth who gets his ass whipped..

Have you seen the heavyweight division lately? I think Haye has as good a shot than anyone in the division. Look at all the garbage Wlad has fought recently, who even lately came into the ring trying to win the damn fight??? Atleast Haye is coming to the fight TO WIN! There is absolutely no one else right now who I THINK has a better shot at beating Wlad. So if Wlad does win, well atleast I know Haye will go out swinging, who was the last guy who did that against Wlad?
King Eugene
I think this fight is going to be really interesting. I hope Wlad comes out with intensity and fight with some emotions. Call me crazy but I think we may see a different Wlad in this fight. Yea he said he was going to jab him all night and go for the KO in the 12th but I think Haye will force him to trade and I'd like to see how Wlad handles that. Then again we might get the same ol Wlad who will jab his way to a victory. I dont know about you guys but I'd be pretty upset if he jab for 11 straight rounds and then decided to fight in the 12th. Hell knowing me I'd probably fall asleep by the 8th...its happen before lol.
JLUVBABY
wlad is gonna beat the snot out of david haye....
mrwigi
I think it shuld be a good fight regardless of who wins.. Im rooting for haye and he can win depending on what type of fight he fights. Im picking haye about 8 or 9th round ko.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 20 2009, 12:57 PM) *
My jabs will give him a pizza face

Wooooo!!! Now that's some trash talking right there. Easily on par with Tyson's famous boast, "If he doesn't die, it doesn't count," or any of James Toney's greatest one-liners. Wlad is straight street these days.

WAR DAVID FUCKING HAYE!!!
Maxy
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 21 2009, 10:50 AM) *
Wooooo!!! Now that's some trash talking right there. Easily on par with Tyson's famous boast, "If he doesn't die, it doesn't count," or any of James Toney's greatest one-liners. Wlad is straight street these days.

WAR DAVID FUCKING HAYE!!!

Yeah Wlad is definitely up there with the baddest trash talkers around!

laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
My jab will give him pizza face, laugh.gif

Wlad's taking it straight to the gutter with that shit.
MarzB
The problem I have with Wlad coming out trying to take Haye out is that one, thats NOT within his character profile let alone his skill set.

In otherwords, he'll be fighting outside of himself. The one thing Emmanual has brought to Wlad is the use of his left hook and "HOW TO CLINCH". Had Wlad NOT been able to learn about clinching against Peter for example, he would have been KTFO then.

I see Haye coming out exactly like Peter did but more intelligently. I'm not worried about Haye's ability to take a punch (UNLESS he makes a colossal mistake) because you often get knocked out with what you don't see or account for. I definitely believed he's not only STUDIED and sees something he can exploit within Wlad, but the Lennox Lewis addition will definitely help.

Emmanual has a mancrush on tall fighters thats damn near borderline gay IMO but even from one of my favorite boxers of all time (Tommy Hearns) to his present charge in Wlad, NONE of these guys can sustain smart aggressive fighters that come out them and take their height advantage away. (Not Hearns, Vivian Harris, Kermit the cryBaby and not Wlad). Lennox Lewis was the only Emmanual charge that used his height effectively in ALL situations.

My point there is if you concede that Wlad is stronger and the "real" heavyweight, then Haye is definitely the QUICKER hand of the two. Speed is power in boxing.

Haye needs to fight a smart fight, NOT try for the K-O early, make Wlad come at him where he'll be his usual GIRAFFE (stand straight up) self and he'll be a clean target for a Haye hook or straight right.

Haye has use his footwork more to negate Wlad's clinching. Additionally if Haye can come with a body attack (which I doubt he will) it's really trouble for Wlad.

On the Wlad side, if he peppers that jab and catches Haye consistently, Haye may be a sitting duck waiting to be knocked out.

Close fight. I'm rooting for Haye but if Haye doesn't fight smart (and just tries to take him out)it'll be curtains for him.
D-MARV
They have Haye listed @ +200... That's not bad odds.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 23 2009, 01:45 PM) *
The problem I have with Wlad coming out trying to take Haye out is that one, thats NOT within his character profile let alone his skill set.

In otherwords, he'll be fighting outside of himself. The one thing Emmanual has brought to Wlad is the use of his left hook and "HOW TO CLINCH". Had Wlad NOT been able to learn about clinching against Peter for example, he would have been KTFO then.

I see Haye coming out exactly like Peter did but more intelligently. I'm not worried about Haye's ability to take a punch (UNLESS he makes a colossal mistake) because you often get knocked out with what you don't see or account for. I definitely believed he's not only STUDIED and sees something he can exploit within Wlad, but the Lennox Lewis addition will definitely help.

Emmanual has a mancrush on tall fighters thats damn near borderline gay IMO but even from one of my favorite boxers of all time (Tommy Hearns) to his present charge in Wlad, NONE of these guys can sustain smart aggressive fighters that come out them and take their height advantage away. (Not Hearns, Vivian Harris, Kermit the cryBaby and not Wlad). Lennox Lewis was the only Emmanual charge that used his height effectively in ALL situations.

My point there is if you concede that Wlad is stronger and the "real" heavyweight, then Haye is definitely the QUICKER hand of the two. Speed is power in boxing.

Haye needs to fight a smart fight, NOT try for the K-O early, make Wlad come at him where he'll be his usual GIRAFFE (stand straight up) self and he'll be a clean target for a Haye hook or straight right.

Haye has use his footwork more to negate Wlad's clinching. Additionally if Haye can come with a body attack (which I doubt he will) it's really trouble for Wlad.

On the Wlad side, if he peppers that jab and catches Haye consistently, Haye may be a sitting duck waiting to be knocked out.

Close fight. I'm rooting for Haye but if Haye doesn't fight smart (and just tries to take him out)it'll be curtains for him.

Haye likes to keep his hands down like he's Roy Jones Jr and because of that he is susceptible to being tagged with jabs. Watch the Maccarinelli fight, he was eating some jabs before he ended the fight. I would expect Wlad's jab to be slower than a cruiserweight's but there is no denying that he has one of the best jabs, in terms of technique, in boxing. It is also very heavy and if Haye gets hit with it too much, coupled with Wladmir's clinches designed to wear out his opponents, Haye might get softened up and get Ko'd.

I don't expect Wlad to come out looking for the KO. I'm pretty sure when he gets into the gym and tells Steward "I vant to knock disrespectful man out." Steward will tell him "Shut your mouth and let's get started on our usual training, jab and clinch".

Also. when he finally steps in with Haye and sees that he is faster than most of the heavyweights he has faced and that he can actually hit pretty good, he will revert to his old ways of fighting from the distance looking for the decision.
MarzB
Also. when he finally steps in with Haye and sees that he is faster than most of the heavyweights he has faced and that he can actually hit pretty good, he will revert to his old ways of fighting from the distance looking for the decision.

Hm, interesting. You said something I didn't totally consider and thats Wlad being a pursuer or staying at bay. Hm, you make a point here which would force Haye to have to bring the fight to Wlad which leaves him vulnerable. I've seen Haye fight three times and I could be wrong but he does throw a jab to the body something you rarely see from heavies. (Larry Holmes, Lennox and Ray Mercer are ones that I can recall off the top). That said, if Haye can't land that punch to get Wlad out of how do we say, "tactical mode", then he'll lose.

Haye does stand another problem IMO in that the fights in Germany and even he knows he's NOT gonna get a decision there.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 23 2009, 02:18 PM) *

Hm, interesting. You said something I didn't totally consider and thats Wlad being a pursuer or staying at bay. Hm, you make a point here which would force Haye to have to bring the fight to Wlad which leaves him vulnerable. I've seen Haye fight three times and I could be wrong but he does throw a jab to the body something you rarely see from heavies. (Larry Holmes, Lennox and Ray Mercer are ones that I can recall off the top). That said, if Haye can't land that punch to get Wlad out of how do we say, "tactical mode", then he'll lose.

Haye does stand another problem IMO in that the fights in Germany and even he knows he's NOT gonna get a decision there.

That's the thing. If Klitshko starts getting out of character then he could get caught with something he doesn't see coming, which is how we all expect Haye to beat him. I don't know, maybe going foward might suit Klitshko in this one. He might do it considering he's been taunted by Haye and he might also think "Hey, he's a cruiser, I've got no problems".
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 23 2009, 12:52 PM) *
They have Haye listed @ +200... That's not bad odds.

Between Haye at +200 and Hatton at +210, I'll take Hatton.

I really do like the idea of a smaller, faster hw in with the Klits, but I find it hard to believe that Haye's going to get past that jab (particularly after the 4th round) to land that one lucky punch. Wlad's just such an enormous step up from Macrenelli.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 23 2009, 02:18 PM) *
[i]Also. when he finally steps in with Haye and Haye does stand another problem IMO in that the fights in Germany and even he knows he's NOT gonna get a decision there.

This fight is not going the distance regardless where they fight.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 23 2009, 01:26 PM) *
but I find it hard to believe that Haye's going to get past that jab (particularly after the 4th round) to land that one lucky punch.

NOBODY can "get past" those jabs....these huge guys with long arms....Lennox, Kilts even to a much lesser degree Valuev....NOBODY gets past those things.....

Knowing that, the only REAL game plan is to rush in and make things VERY ROUGH for them, to hell with patience and trying to get here and there....you got to rush in with headbutts, forearms...just about every thing including the kitchen sink to try and get to that sweet, sweet chin! I mean even if the ref starts warning you....at least nobody can say you did not try.

I think Haye is that kind of fighter....Corrie Sanders did it that exact way. Brewster and Puritty managed to survive and catch Wlad as he was tiring....Wlad being an exceptional student has learned from those mistakes....but really when you think about it...when was the last time anybody really rushed Wlad the way Sanders did? Even guys with really good power refused to.....Williamson (who I think could have been very successful with this tactic) and Brewster both attempted to look for openings...instead of just going for broke.

I'm hoping Haye takes it to him furiously the first round....even if it means him getting put out quick....because I'd rather have 2 minutes of action than 10 rounds of wha we usually get.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 23 2009, 02:26 PM) *
Between Haye at +200 and Hatton at +210, I'll take Hatton.

I really do like the idea of a smaller, faster hw in with the Klits, but I find it hard to believe that Haye's going to get past that jab (particularly after the 4th round) to land that one lucky punch. Wlad's just such an enormous step up from Macrenelli.

I'll lay down a little on both... Not much, maybe 50 a piece. I made 500 dollars from March Madness, so I got a little something to play with.
STEVENSKI
Wlad does not display much heart & certainly has never shown a liking for fighting. His opponents need to use that against him & as BG said rush him & foul him. Get inside & maul him because he does not like that. It is preferrable to go out on your shield than get jabbed to death.
salvador
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 23 2009, 05:03 PM) *
I'm hoping Haye takes it to him furiously the first round....even if it means him getting put out quick....because I'd rather have 2 minutes of action than 10 rounds of wha we usually get.

That whole sentence should be the official title of the fight.

Lil-lightsout
The more I think about all of Hayes antics, I honestly think it is just a ploy to rile up Wlad, which it obviously has since Wlad called him a "Pizza Face". Haye knows Wlad's safety first, yet very effective style, he wants Wlad to open up more and take chances. Haye has a much better chance if Wlad exposes his chin more recklessly than his usual safety first boring style. I actually think it will work too. Wlad seriously wants to hurt Haye, and I think we will see a more aggressive Wlad. I do not see this fight going past 3 rounds, someone is getting KO'd early.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 23 2009, 01:00 PM) *
I don't expect Wlad to come out looking for the KO. I'm pretty sure when he gets into the gym and tells Steward "I vant to knock disrespectful man out." Steward will tell him "Shut your mouth and let's get started on our usual training, jab and clinch".

Unfortunately I agree with this general assessment. All this trash talking is likely just setting everybody up for a big letdown. Manny won't go along with any plan that has Wlad fighting recklessly and Wlad doesn't have the belief in himself to go against what Manny tells him.
JonnyBlaze
If Wlad sucks and is crap,what will this make Haye if he loses??I wish someone asked him that..
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 24 2009, 12:46 AM) *
The more I think about all of Hayes antics, I honestly think it is just a ploy to rile up Wlad, which it obviously has since Wlad called him a "Pizza Face". Haye knows Wlad's safety first, yet very effective style, he wants Wlad to open up more and take chances. Haye has a much better chance if Wlad exposes his chin more recklessly than his usual safety first boring style. I actually think it will work too. Wlad seriously wants to hurt Haye, and I think we will see a more aggressive Wlad. I do not see this fight going past 3 rounds, someone is getting KO'd early.

Your really stuck on this fight ending early huh? LOL I just hope it isn't long and boring.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 25 2009, 02:22 AM) *
Your really stuck on this fight ending early huh? LOL I just hope it isn't long and boring.

Yep. I do not care what Stewart says to Wlad, because he is truly pissed. I know Haye is going to be throwing bombs early, and I think Wlad will abandon his normal style at spots and take more chances. Then there will be an early KO, hopefully by Haye. No way does Haye sit back the whole fight and let Wlad dictate the pace, I just do not see it. I think this should be a great fight, I really do not see a boring fight.
JD
Wlad is going to mangle Haye.
D-MARV
The more I think about it the more of chance I'm giving Haye.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:51 PM) *

Stop thinking about it than.

Haye was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit...in fact, he was knocked down and it was incorrectly ruled a slip. Wait till he gets hit by Wlad.
D-MARV
If he gets hit flush by Wlad then he'll go to sleep. But what if he beats Wlad to the punch?
JD
He won't be able to because Wlad is not going to come out and slug with him - the first thing he will do is throw a jab.

Once Haye learns what kind of jab Wlad has, Wlad will fire the right behind it.

I honestly think Haye is going to get beatdown.
STEVENSKI
Whatever happens I am praying for a brutal career ending & defining KO. I don't care who gets it just so long as it happens & happens brutally.

Something like fighter A trapped in the corner & fighter B unloading 5 or 6 bombs ala fightnight as fighter A is falling would suit me just fine.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 26 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Whatever happens I am praying for a brutal career ending & defining KO. I don't care who gets it just so long as it happens & happens brutally.

Something like fighter A trapped in the corner & fighter B unloading 5 or 6 bombs ala fightnight as fighter A is falling would suit me just fine.

So you want to see Ruddock-Dokes, or Morrison-Mercer?
D-MARV
Nah... I think he wants Mesi-Williamson.
STEVENSKI
A repeat of Mercer vs Morrison would suit me just fine.
The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 26 2009, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE (JD @ Apr 26 2009, 08:54 PM) *
Stop thinking about it than.

Haye was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit...in fact, he was knocked down and it was incorrectly ruled a slip. Wait till he gets hit by Wlad.

You'll have to excuse D-Marv, JD....he's not himself lately....his impending sig bet loss to me's got him goin' through Manopause...hot flashes, bouts of depression, poor judgement....haha.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.