Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones set to face Jeff Lacey in July
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
E.C.LEGEND
does anybody no the details on this fight ....espn just announced the date
Lil-lightsout
I will not watch this fight, just wait for the result. I like both fighters alot, and do not want either of them to lose. I think Lacy will catch Roy at some point with one of his bombs, even though Lacy has looked like garbage in recent fights. I just do not see Roy not getting hit flush and making it the distance.
E.C.LEGEND
If Roy wins I think he should go after Taylor/Froch's belt then retire on a good note!
Romulus9
Jones wins in a fight that won't be one for the Smithsonian.

Jones then fights the winner of Taylor/Froch, which I think will be Taylor, and the Taylor/Jones fight makes the Jones/Lacy fight look like Castillo/Corrales I.
Box in Hand
This is Roy's fight all day. Jeff can't handle movement and even though Roy is old he still moves too much for Jeff. After this fight he'll be claiming he's back and he deserves another title shot.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think this will actually be a good matchup of styles. Lacy will try and bring some pressure, and Jones will stick and move. Jones better not sit on them ropes too much because Lacy can really punch. I see this fight being a more competitive version of Jones-Sheika. Sheika was able to land some pretty big left hooks in there, but just couldn't handle the movement of Jones. I don't think Lacy is going to deal with the movement of Jones well either. However, I think he'll get him on the ropes a bit more, and be able to land the harder shots. I see Jones winning a 117-111 type decision, but there will be some interesting moments in there.
kingknockout
much as i love roy...he needs to retire....i hope lacy lay's his ass out
kingknockout
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 21 2009, 05:10 PM) *
If Roy wins I think he should go after Taylor/Froch's belt then retire on a good note!

and he sure won't be able to handle taylor because of his chin
D-MARV
Should be an easy win for Jones.

I'm hearing the fight will be at 175.
E.C.LEGEND
this seems far fetched but if roy was to face taylor and win would this set up a BHOP fight? roy couldn't beat tarver and BHOP couldn't beat taylor and both lost to Cal...that would make them even right? 50/50 split
STEVENSKI
I am starting to get a soft spot for Roy. I have seen him stretched a few times & outboxed so there is nothing left for me to hate.

I am happy to see him take on a puncher in Lacy even if it is about as dangerous as Lewis vs Tua if Roy uses what is left of his legs.
jvo1800
i personally think that roy (being 40 yrs old) doesnt have time to be fighting decent or just ok fighters anymore. he needs to go out with a bang and fight some guys that would make his resume stronger if he happens to win. Lacy is cool but he doesnt put up strong case for strengthening anybody's resume right now. roy and b-hop need to stop bullsh@##$%$ and put a fight together real soon before b-hop starts to decline to the point where the fight doesnt matter anymore.
STEVENSKI
I know it is amazing but I don't seem to have that hate left in me for the man. I know I enjoyed seeing Joe C beat up on him but I started to feel a bit sorry for him towards the end.

All my haterizing must be directed towards PBF as he is worse than Roy ever was.

Roy at least had a guarenteed minimum $ he would get regardless of who he fought on HBO. I can understand him making the easy fights. That said his legacy does suffer from it.
BigG
I wouldn't call Calslappy's slaps to Roy Jones forearms..."beating up" laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I would call the canyon above his eye pissing blood & his lumpy face with the defeated look he had beaten up. Beaten mentally & physically as well as on the cards.
BigG
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 11:38 PM) *
I would call the canyon above his eye pissing blood & his lumpy face with the defeated look he had beaten up. Beaten mentally & physically as well as on the cards.

Caslappy cut him with 1 punch. The whole fight was him throwing his pathetic slaps to RJJ's turtle shell defense while looking like idiot taunting (he can't pull it off) in a crappy fight which had more taunting than clean punches landed. Glen Johnson/Tarver beating > Joe beating.
hardhead
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 11:06 PM) *
I am starting to get a soft spot for Roy. I have seen him stretched a few times & outboxed so there is nothing left for me to hate.

I am happy to see him take on a puncher in Lacy even if it is about as dangerous as Lewis vs Tua if Roy uses what is left of his legs.

I think hell is about to freeze over.... :laugh:
BigG
He didn't beat Roy Jones up. Sorry, I've seen worse beatings. A REAL beating is Pacquiao-Barrera I. Joe OUTWORKED Roy but I didn't really see him land any hurtful punches except for the one that cut him. RJJ definitely LOST and he knew it to but come on dude, that was no where near a total thrashing and Jones was never in danger of getting the towel thrown in or getting stopped. But it's whatever, you know how much I hate Calzaghe and arguing about him with me is similar to arguing with Nay Sayer weather Wlad is the champ or not. laugh.gif

Anyway, back on topic....
JonnyBlaze
Roy did get a whooping from Calzaghe..It was sad to watch..BigG,even though I don't want to make this comparison but when Marciano was hitting Archie Moore on his forearms,Archie said those punches were killin him..Ali said the same thing about Marciano in their fantasy fight..Calzaghe is no Marciano but forearm shots whether just one from Marciano or hundreds from Calzaghe,that shit has to hurt..Calzaghe was landing some good straight lefts in that fight and as I said before the fight,he laid down on some of his shots too..He isn't a big puncher,but we did see him lay down on some..

I bet this Lacy fight will be on PPV..hahahaha..50 bucks to whoever wants to see this..Anyway,we will see a muscle bound Lacy(being even more muscle bound at 175) vs. a shot Roy Jones..This is going to be a really boring fight..I normally find 98% of fights not boring(like Chris Byrd fights) but this fight is going to suck..

Roy by UD..
King Eugene
SHIT!
King Eugene
Lacy may catch Roy with a couple of clean shots but nothing big enough to hurt him. Roy will pot shot all day and throw a few combinations in there. Lacy wont be able to handle Roy's movement until he decides to go to the ropes(which scares me). I see Roy winning a pretty clean decision like Taylor did. I just hope this is not in Tampa. I'd rather see Roy retire after this one to be honest. If he wins he'll have reasoning along with his name to get another major title shot and I swear I don't want to see him hurt again.

He Decisions Lacy in beautiful fashion.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 21 2009, 08:49 PM) *
Roy did get a whooping from Calzaghe..It was sad to watch..BigG,even though I don't want to make this comparison but when Marciano was hitting Archie Moore on his forearms,Archie said those punches were killin him..Ali said the same thing about Marciano in their fantasy fight..Calzaghe is no Marciano but forearm shots whether just one from Marciano or hundreds from Calzaghe,that shit has to hurt..Calzaghe was landing some good straight lefts in that fight and as I said before the fight,he laid down on some of his shots too..He isn't a big puncher,but we did see him lay down on some..

I bet this Lacy fight will be on PPV..hahahaha..50 bucks to whoever wants to see this..Anyway,we will see a muscle bound Lacy(being even more muscle bound at 175) vs. a shot Roy Jones..This is going to be a really boring fight..I normally find 98% of fights not boring(like Chris Byrd fights) but this fight is going to suck..

Roy by UD..

What would be better...Roy vs. Evander? Hell at this point Lacy would stop Evander within 5.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 07:06 PM) *

See...I knew it I knew it I knew it! Your in love with the guy. How hard was it for you to come out? That must have really been hard? Or should we thank PBF for that? LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 21 2009, 07:55 PM) *
What would be better...Roy vs. Evander? Hell at this point Lacy would stop Evander within 5.

Dude,since ya started it I'll finish it..Lacy nor any other guy is going to stop Holy within 5 rounds..Roy has been KO'd in 2 rounds by only 1 punch..Holy has never been stopped or put down by just one punch..Lennox Lewis hit Holy with everything he had and didn't do shit to Holy..Hell and this is even after he thought about retiring after the first Bowe fight..

I don't know where this shit came from..Why did ya even say it??I even picked RJ by UD..Lacy has been done for awhile..I really liked him during his come up but now he only looks for one punch and gets tired quick cause of so much weight lifting..Lacy lost all of his confidence after Calzaghe..
JonnyBlaze
I'd rather see Roy vs. Clinton Woods..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 21 2009, 09:06 PM) *
Dude,since ya started it I'll finish it..Lacy nor any other guy is going to stop Holy within 5 rounds..Roy has been KO'd in 2 rounds by only 1 punch..Holy has never been stopped or put down by just one punch..Lennox Lewis hit Holy with everything he had and didn't do shit to Holy..Hell and this is even after he thought about retiring after the first Bowe fight..

I don't know where this shit came from..Why did ya even say it??I even picked RJ by UD..Lacy has been done for awhile..I really liked him during his come up but now he only looks for one punch and gets tired quick cause of so much weight lifting..Lacy lost all of his confidence after Calzaghe..

You know I cant go a week without giving you some shit about Holyfield just to get you all worked up. LOL it never fails. You know I know better than that. Holy would crush Lacy. thumbsup_anim.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:10 PM) *
You know I cant go a week without giving you some shit about Holyfield just to get you all worked up. LOL it never fails. You know I know better than that. Holy would crush Lacy. thumbsup_anim.gif

hahaha..Aight dude!!

Holy will always be in my top 5 favs..He's the only guy still alive in my top 5 so gotta defend him at all costs..
1-Sugar Ray Robinson 2-Archie Moore 3-5 in no order--Holyfield,Joe Louis,and Willie Pep..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 21 2009, 09:06 PM) *
I'd rather see Roy vs. Clinton Woods..

Much easier fight for Roy in my opinion.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 22 2009, 01:59 AM) *
See...I knew it I knew it I knew it! Your in love with the guy. How hard was it for you to come out? That must have really been hard? Or should we thank PBF for that? LOL

No. No man love but my hate seems to have ebbed after seeing Roy get humilitaed repeatedly. I think it may have a lot to do with two points.

#1) PBF being PBF has taken extra hate from me.

#2) Calzaghe clowning with Roy the way he did.

I once hated Joe & then tried to like him for being a undefeated champion for 10 years. Then he cherrypicked two over the hill "greats" & acted like he was SRR in his victiories. I felt a bit bad for Roy after he was cut & defeated.

Roy is trying to show heart now & I give him credit for it (Tarver III was the turning point I believe). It is just he could have done this when he was in his prime & made many people happy.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:18 PM) *
Much easier fight for Roy in my opinion.

How??Lacy has a lot of major problems..I know his left shoulder will never be the same after surgery..He has bad stamina,is slow and muscle bound,and lacks boxing skills..Also,he gets swelled up around the eyes pretty easy(Roy's quick straight right will swell em up)..Lacy is ranked #11 at super middleweight and Woods is ranked #6 at light heavyweight..Woods had a really bad showing against Tarver but did bounce back with a 12 round UD..Lacy is 5 or 6 years younger than Woods I believe but Woods seems more fresh..Lacy takes way too many punches..

Lacy looked his best against Taylor(a fight I wish happened when Lacy was at his best) since a long while but he showed how easy it is to beat him if you can stay on the outside..
STEVENSKI
Actually I am starting to think that Roy should be put in there with Dawson to see what he has left. Great fight IMO.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 09:25 PM) *
No. No man love but my hate seems to have ebbed after seeing Roy get humilitaed repeatedly. I think it may have a lot to do with two points.

I once hated Joe & then tried to like him for being a undefeated champion for 10 years. Then he cherrypicked two over the hill "greats" & acted like he was SRR in his victiories. I felt a bit bad for Roy after he was cut & defeated.

Roy is trying to show heart now & I give him credit for it (Tarver III was the turning point I believe). It is just he could have done this when he was in his prime & made many people happy.

Hell has officially froze over!
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 21 2009, 09:35 PM) *
How??Lacy has a lot of major problems..I know his left shoulder will never be the same after surgery..He has bad stamina,is slow and muscle bound,and lacks boxing skills..Also,he gets swelled up around the eyes pretty easy(Roy's quick straight right will swell em up)..Lacy is ranked #11 at super middleweight and Woods is ranked #6 at light heavyweight..Woods had a really bad showing against Tarver but did bounce back with a 12 round UD..Lacy is 5 or 6 years younger than Woods I believe but Woods seems more fresh..Lacy takes way too many punches..

Lacy looked his best against Taylor(a fight I wish happened when Lacy was at his best) since a long while but he showed how easy it is to beat him if you can stay on the outside..

Man no! Woods is not a fresh as Lacy and he doesn't hit no where near as hard. He has little to no head movement and he comes straight at you defending with his face. He doesn't fight well against fighters who come at him with angles. I think it'll look like Shieka all over again. No check that...I think it will look like the first fight all over again except this time he will end around the 9th or 10th.
thefloatingmonkey
Jones needs to call it quits. He is just too old now and doesn't have what he use to have. Hopefully Lacy lays him out and Jones figures out it is time to retire.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Man no! Woods is not a fresh as Lacy and he doesn't hit no where near as hard. He has little to no head movement and he comes straight at you defending with his face. He doesn't fight well against fighters who come at him with angles. I think it'll look like Shieka all over again. No check that...I think it will look like the first fight all over again except this time he will end around the 9th or 10th.

I'd rather see him fight Woods and get some ranking if he beats him at light heavy than fight Lacy for the hell of it..I think this would be a lot better of a fight than it was 7 years ago(right before the Ruiz fight)..Roy destroyed Woods before but his speed is no where near as fast..Woods atleast would put his gloves up to try to block,Lacy would just take it..

We don't know what Roy is still fighting for..If he wants to be champ again,Woods would be the better guy to fight over Lacy..Lacy is going to do nothing for him..
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 09:25 PM) *

Yeah...you were satisfied and have had bigger and more relevant fish to fry, STEVEN........for example....I pretty much left Hatton alone for a full year after he got blown out against Mayweather...I even praised him a little for his performance against Malibummi....but when I heard he was in talks with Pacquiao and started goin' on about how he was gonna be fighting for the #1 P4P spot....that was all it took....The Old Hate came right back....

I've now realized that when you've hated a fighter as much as you possibly can at any point in your Life....that it never leaves you....It basically just lies dormant inside...waiting for you to be reminded...

I know you'll hate Jones again soon enough...you will always hate him....just like I will always hate Sugar Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya, and Ricky Hatton......
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Actually I am starting to think that Roy should be put in there with Dawson to see what he has left. Great fight IMO.

hahahaha
D-MARV
I actually think Woods gives Roy more trouble then Lacy. Woods has an Iron Jaw and will keep coming... I can see Jones hurting Lacy.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 08:41 PM) *

Don't be so cruel.

Dawson beats the Snoop Doggy Dogg shit out of Jones.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 21 2009, 10:00 PM) *
I'd rather see him fight Woods and get some ranking if he beats him at light heavy than fight Lacy for the hell of it..I think this would be a lot better of a fight than it was 7 years ago(right before the Ruiz fight)..Roy destroyed Woods before but his speed is no where near as fast..Woods atleast would put his gloves up to try to block,Lacy would just take it..

We don't know what Roy is still fighting for..If he wants to be champ again,Woods would be the better guy to fight over Lacy..Lacy is going to do nothing for him..

I said much easier fight as him I'd rather him fight Woods than Lacy. Better yet I wish he'd just retire with a stoppage victory in front of his home crowd. He'll I'd even fly to the retirement ceremony.
Lil-lightsout
I will bet anyone, and there are alot here in this thread, Lacy WILL stop Roy in this fight. Roy will not see the final bell. I hope Roy wins, but eventually he will get caught.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 21 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I will bet anyone, and there are alot here in this thread, Lacy WILL stop Roy in this fight. Roy will not see the final bell. I hope Roy wins, but eventually he will get caught.

I'll take you up on that one! Sig bet?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 21 2009, 11:17 PM) *
I'll take you up on that one! Sig bet?

Have you seen my profile? It is all blank for a reason. I will have to finally learn how to put up some stuff on my profile. But sure... we can do it.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Apr 22 2009, 03:37 AM) *
Don't be so cruel.

Dawson beats the Snoop Doggy Dogg shit out of Jones.

I should be honest here. I would like to see Roy stretchered once more or maybe another dozen times before he is done.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 21 2009, 11:45 PM) *
Have you seen my profile? It is all blank for a reason. I will have to finally learn how to put up some stuff on my profile. But sure... we can do it.

I'll gladly tell you how to do it.
EirbinX
ummm...i take lacy by ko....dont think much of jones just because he looked good against sheika aka nobody
Douchebag
Give me Roy in this one. Lacy suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 21 2009, 04:10 PM) *

By good note do you mean flat on his back?

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 21 2009, 06:06 PM) *
and b-hop need to stop bullsh@##$%$ and put a fight together real soon before b-hop starts to decline to the point where the fight doesnt matter anymore.

I'd say Roy has already declined to the point where the fight doesn't matter anymore.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 21 2009, 06:49 PM) *
He didn't beat Roy Jones up. Sorry, I've seen worse beatings.

Joe humiliated Roy more than he really beat him up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.