Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why the hate for floyd Mayweather?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
kingknockout
i understand if you're being logical when you break down why you don't think he's p4p and what not, but i read some of the comments on this board and some people don't even sound logical anymore, it's more off of emotion.

they talk about mayweather as if he was the worst fighter in the world and bribed the judges for every fight he won.
i don't know if it's a prejudice thing, because he talks trash, or whatever.....but why can't you give this man props?

i heard stuff like "well he picks his fights, why marquez"

F.Y.I. oscar de la hoya (the guy you all so know and love and would prob lay down for) has done the same shit

or "he hasnt fought the real competition" ..................well comin from me...remember when people wanted him to fight Hatton? and then they said if he beat hatton then they'd give him his just due and stop shitting on him...and he beat him.....then people said oscar........and said if he beat oscar they would give him his praise......and he beat him also lol......now if "money" fights Pac, Paul, Or Shane or whoever else.........ya'll are just gonna keep throwin out names.

let's see you get in the ring with him since he's so terrible and bad in the ring
Box in Hand
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 21 2009, 03:55 PM) *
i understand if you're being logical when you break down why you don't think he's p4p and what not, but i read some of the comments on this board and some people don't even sound logical anymore, it's more off of emotion.

they talk about mayweather as if he was the worst fighter in the world and bribed the judges for every fight he won.
i don't know if it's a prejudice thing, because he talks trash, or whatever.....but why can't you give this man props?

i heard stuff like "well he picks his fights, why marquez"

F.Y.I. oscar de la hoya (the guy you all so know and love and would prob lay down for) has done the same shit

or "he hasnt fought the real competition" ..................well comin from me...remember when people wanted him to fight Hatton? and then they said if he beat hatton then they'd give him his just due and stop shitting on him...and he beat him.....then people said oscar........and said if he beat oscar they would give him his praise......and he beat him also lol......now if "money" fights Pac, Paul, Or Shane or whoever else.........ya'll are just gonna keep throwin out names.

let's see you get in the ring with him since he's so terrible and bad in the ring

I think people don't like his arrogance. He's says he's the best but does not fight everyone in his path. He's America's nightmare if you ask me, Young, Black, Cocky, Rich, and don't give a fuck. I think he is extremely talented but the bravado he has makes it hard to appreciate the things he does. I'm a fighter and he does things in the ring that fighters don't do anymore. He uses the Philly shell, he jabs to the body etc. He's good.
kingknockout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 21 2009, 06:00 PM) *
I think people don't like his arrogance. He's says he's the best but does not fight everyone in his path. He's America's nightmare if you ask me, Young, Black, Cocky, Rich, and don't give a fuck. I think he is extremely talented but the bravado he has makes it hard to appreciate the things he does. I'm a fighter and he does things in the ring that fighters don't do anymore. He uses the Philly shell, he jabs to the body etc. He's good.

shit if i was boxing id do the same, to hit and not get hit is how the game is played.

but dudes hate on him for the stupidest reasons.
EAlbian
People just don't want to give a guy like Mayweather, maybe the greatest tactical fighter ever, a chance. He is obviously the best. What people seem to forget is that Mayweather only went up in weight to chase Oscar otherwise never would have ventured past 140 unless it was worth the money. He wanted the fight with Mosley when they were both @ 135 but Mosley wanted Oscar. It is called Prizefighting for a reason, $. Pac is all offense, moved up in weight, and beaten everybody in his path and is too humble, he is a very loved fighter. but still hasnít beaten a guy above 130 that can compare to Mayweather's resume. I read an article that had Arum saying that Pac should get the lion's share if he were to fight Mayweather?? Why? He beat Oscar, so did Floyd and he did it first. He is undefeated and won major titles in 5 weight divisions against the perceived #1's. He is beating opponents that Mayweather already beat. It was too bad that Cotto lost to margarito and Mosley lost to Cotto but those losses damage your image. Marquez has fought damn near even to Pac, even beat better opposition in the last year. Floyd stops Marquez he has the same argument that Pac has over Oscar. If he beats Marquez then beats Pac and Mosley beats Cotto or vice versa there is no reason those fights can't be made. Fact is Mosley just isnít a big enough draw and Cotto lost to Margarito. From what I gather Floyd wants two fights then Mosley but only if Mosley can continue to win and keep his name in the picture. Cotto needs a strong showing against Clottey because Jennings isnít going to cut it.

Mayweather is not a big guy 5'8 walks around at 150
Pacman is 5'6 and walks around at about 150
Marquez is 5'7 and walks around at about 145
Cotto is 5'8 walks around at about 180.
Mosley is 5'9 walks around at about 170
Williams is 6'2, maybe taller and his frame can support a lot more weight

Truth is I think Mayweather could go up to middleweight and be successful but boring. Watch Mayweather at 130, 135, and 140 and tell me he isnít phenomenal and exciting to watch. We should be happy he is returning against the top competition in the world and against guys similar to his size. There are good fights to be made but they need to happen in the right order. Marquez gets the biggest payday of his career and the best shot for him to beat maybe the greatest fighter of this era, itís a win regardless. No one complained when Oscar fought Steve Forbes after a year layoff, tell me Forbes beats Marquez. North of 147 blows right now, south is red hot.
STEVENSKI
Wow the man love for PBF is astonishing. Just incase you guys did not know I am one of those who would be happy to see Floyd in a motorised wheelchair with a nurse to wipe his drool.
kingknockout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 07:03 PM) *
Wow the man love for PBF is astonishing. Just incase you guys did not know I am one of those who would be happy to see Floyd in a motorised wheelchair with a nurse to wipe his drool.

im new to this forum and i've been reading your post and you come off as a female the way you hate on that man.....you on some bullshit my dude, and you seriously need some help the way you be talking.

your one of the reasons why i made this thread
Box in Hand
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 21 2009, 05:13 PM) *
im new to this forum and i've been reading your post and you come off as a female the way you hate on that man.....you on some bullshit my dude, and you seriously need some help the way you be talking.

That my friend is too dang funny. I'm with you, that is some evil woman type estrogen type shit to say.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 22 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Good I am glad I am one of the reasons because otherwise my haterizing would have slipped & I can't let that happen.

I like many fighters but I don't like PBF. He has the mad skills & no one doubts that but his fight choices the last few years are disgraceful & he should not be lauded for them but derided.

He was/is considered the true champion at 147 right? So why after his illustrious career at 147 fighting Sharmba Mitchell, Zab & Baldozar after his spectacular career at 140 ended did he not make fights happen with the other paper champions & top contenders at 147 his chosen campaigning weight?

I can understand wanting to fight DLH for the paper & that is great but legacy wise great fighters MAKE great fights happen.
BigG
I know how people can hate Floyd but I can't hate Floyd simply because his skills are too pretty in the ring and if I could be a boxer in terms of skill and talent, I would choose him.
dbdbdb
Trying to understand or comprehend the hate for Floyd by many of his detractors is a lost cause. If you listen to and dissect the haters so-called arguments -- you will ultimately understand the confusion, disorientation and delusional aspects of their comments. Many accuse Floyd of avoiding this one or that one while dismissing the same act performed by others in the sport. Many accuse Floyd of being in the sport only for the paper but totally dismiss others who practice the same philosophy.

Everything negative Floyd is accused of -- Other fighters can equally be accused of with ease. There isn't one fault Floyd is accused of having that is totally absent from other fighters .... not one.

So, it ultimately comes down to entitlement .... Simply put -- Everyone is entitled to their opinions, likes and dislikes. Even if it may seem illogical at times.
kingknockout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Good I am glad I am one of the reasons because otherwise my haterizing would have slipped & I can't let that happen.

I like many fighters but I don't like PBF. He has the mad skills & no one doubts that but his fight choices the last few years are disgraceful & he should not be lauded for them but derided.

He was/is considered the true champion at 147 right? So why after his illustrious career at 147 fighting Sharmba Mitchell, Zab & Baldozar after his spectacular career at 140 ended did he not make fights happen with the other paper champions & top contenders at 147 his chosen campaigning weight?

I can understand wanting to fight DLH for the paper & that is great but legacy wise great fighters MAKE great fights happen.

all i wanted to hear was the bolded. LOL all that other shit about him not fighting this and that, i can care less...i seen floyd fight some great fighters and i've seen him get in their shit...i dont need another persons opinion on if the people he fought were "WORTHY" or not

have a nice night
kingknockout
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 21 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Trying to understand or comprehend the hate for Floyd by many of his detractors is a lost cause. If you listen to and dissect the haters so-called arguments -- you will ultimately understand the confusion, disorientation and delusional aspects of their comments. Many accuse Floyd of avoiding this one or that one while dismissing the same act performed by others in the sport. Many accuse Floyd of being in the sport only for the paper but totally dismiss others who practice the same philosophy.

Everything negative Floyd is accused of -- Other fighters can equally be accused of with ease. There isn't one fault Floyd is accused of having that is totally absent from other fighters .... not one.

So, it ultimately comes down to entitlement .... Simply put -- Everyone is entitled to their opinions, likes and dislikes. Even if it may seem illogical at times.

thats what i dont understand, other fighters do the same thing that they accuse floyd of doin just like you've stated...these dudes (the hating ass pantie rockers) talk about him in arguments off emotion..they dont use logic........their dislike for the "MAN" has them saying all this stuff about him that OTHER fighters do too...just like you've broke it down.

oscar picked fights half of his career.....yeah he fought some comp but hell he picked as well....then guys on here try to say why don't he fight shane, he called out shane numerous times, did shane set the fight back then? NO...now they say well "so what, floyd can make it happen now' NAH it dont work like that...shane gotta wait just like he made floyd WAIT......floyd dont have to do a damn thing, but sit back and get that money and take care of his family...he dont have to rush nothing, shane aint rush....you did floyd like that..now he's turning the tables right back on you.

people need to keep it real and just say "hey look i dont like the arrogant bastard and i want somebody to knock him out so bad" instead of beating around the bush lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 22 2009, 12:49 AM) *

The problem is that he has all the faults in one neat package.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 22 2009, 01:03 AM) *
all i wanted to hear was the bolded. LOL all that other shit about him not fighting this and that, i can care less...i seen floyd fight some great fighters and i've seen him get in their shit...i dont need another persons opinion on if the people he fought were "WORTHY" or not

have a nice night

No Floyd has skills & no one denies that. The fact that he uses those skills to fight numerous sub par opponents back to back is why people don't like him. If he kept his mouth shut & did what he does then no one would hate on him. He talks about how he is all that & then some yet does not back it up by making the fights that matter happen.

The fact that you don't care who he fights shows your blindness to the sham he has perpetuated.

Have a nice night yourself.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 21 2009, 07:03 PM) *

have a nice night

Why did you say "have a nice night" to Steve then continue to reply to other people??That's some bizarre shit..
BigG
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 21 2009, 11:24 PM) *

Floyd fought Sharmba and Zab and gets bashed but when Kostya Tszyu fights them he gets praised as a legend
True-Boxing-Fan
I'm not a fan of PBF because he is a selfish little brat who is just bad for Boxing. For one he doesnt respect the sport or the fans. And he is all about the money. All he does it talk about how great he is and how much money he has, and then he just throws the money in our faces like we are assholes. Plus didnt he say last year he was on the verge of becoming a billionaire, what an asshole. I hate it when people try to compare PBF and ODLH. The difference between ODLH and PBF is there pockets and there resume. Yea PBF is undefeated but I'd be more impressed with PBF if he fought the same caliber fighters ODLH did and was still undefeated. He is a very immature and insecure person who doesnt know if he is coming or going. I truly wish he would say retired because boxing doesnt need him. If you ask me boxing is flourishing right now and PBF hasnt fought in two years and thats not a coincidence.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 21 2009, 05:15 PM) *
shit if i was boxing id do the same, to hit and not get hit is how the game is played.

but dudes hate on him for the stupidest reasons.

to hit and not get hit is the def. of boxing... thats what mayweather does best...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 21 2009, 09:33 PM) *
I'm not a fan of PBF because he is a selfish little brat who is just bad for Boxing. For one he doesnt respect the sport or the fans. And he is all about the money. All he does it talk about how great he is and how much money he has, and then he just throws the money in our faces like we are assholes. Plus didnt he say last year he was on the verge of becoming a billionaire, what an asshole. I hate it when people try to compare PBF and ODLH. The difference between ODLH and PBF is there pockets and there resume. Yea PBF is undefeated but I'd be more impressed with PBF if he fought the same caliber fighters ODLH did and was still undefeated. He is a very immature and insecure person who doesnt know if he is coming or going. I truly wish he would say retired because boxing doesnt need him. If you ask me boxing is flourishing right now and PBF hasnt fought in two years and thats not a coincidence.

you dont think boxing needs mayweather?.. mayweather is a name that is recognized in barbershops... barbershops and places of that ilk help make non fight fans into casual fans that help the sport flourish.. regardless of what i think about odh... how many people are out there that will be able to put asses in seats?.. its not to many right now and really no supestars.. but best to bet you pit any of the good fighters in or around his weight and it will become maybe not record numbers but they will be very respectible and he will i am pretty sure be a key factor in keeping the sport maintained till a solid heavyweight comes along and starts dropping these fools like its supposed to be done... the only thing wrong with boxing right now is as dominant as the klits are they dont two piece these guys like it seems they should... once we get a solid champ thats laying guys out in there boxing will flourish again... until then enjoy pretty boy cuzz ince he is back on his game nobody is gonna beat him and i can bet you he wont to sign to fight nobody that has a chance till he thinks he's back in sttride...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 21 2009, 09:33 PM) *

oscars resume isnt all that tight he lost most of his biggest fights...
dbdbdb
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 21 2009, 10:36 PM) *
to hit and not get hit is the def. of boxing... thats what mayweather does best...

True!!!!

Ask Meldrick Taylor if its better in the long run to Hit & Not Be Hit.

Trying to prove to the world that you can take punishment as well as dish it out is a fools game. Especially since historical and medical data clearly shows that the damage suffered from constant head impacts are REAL and permanent.

Its great for the blood-thirsty fans to witness fighters banging the living shit out of each other. But its the fighter who pays the price for what happens in the ring.

Just ask Meldrick Taylor ... a former GREAT.
lloyd mayflower
the main, undeniable reason that most people hate floyd, (and it is undeniable), is that the man is a straight up, complete and utter cunt. he is and always will be a graceless little shit and im right behind stevenski and his wheelchair related rant.

The arguements about him not fighting other top WW's isnt any different to the tonnes of other fighters who are accused of the same thing, but, it will never go away, unless he hangs a set of balls, or at least gets a loan of a set for the duration of his career and gets in with someone on a level playing field.

You can say what u like about the calibre of his opposition, but you cant deny that he now seems to just want to drag fighters out of their natural divisions and stack the odds in his favour.

So in conclusion, essentially, what im saying is i hope JMM knockes his bottom jaw free from its mounts.
Lil-lightsout
Floyd's a bitch.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 21 2009, 06:47 PM) *
oscars resume isnt all that tight he lost most of his biggest fights...

Well ODLH's record is what it is. What i'm trying to say is ODLH fought anyone and everyone around in his era, win lose or draw to try to capture all-time great status. PBF's caliber of opponents dont compare to those on ODLH's record. After the Hatton win, which was great what does he do? Retires. Like there was nothing left out there for him. Plus he never cleaned out a division. PBF career is like the movie Bronx Tale when "C's" dad tells him 'the worse thing in life is wasted talent'. To me PBF is wasted talent.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 22 2009, 03:33 AM) *
Floyd fought Sharmba and Zab and gets bashed but when Kostya Tszyu fights them he gets praised as a legend

Fights them in their primes & destroys them both leaving both guys crying in the ring afterwards. He also fought them to become undisputed champion af 140.

BTW I hear ya loud & clear Lloyd.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 21 2009, 06:58 PM) *
the main, undeniable reason that most people hate floyd, (and it is undeniable), is that the man is a straight up, complete and utter cunt. he is and always will be a graceless little shit and im right behind stevenski and his wheelchair related rant.

The arguements about him not fighting other top WW's isnt any different to the tonnes of other fighters who are accused of the same thing, but, it will never go away, unless he hangs a set of balls, or at least gets a loan of a set for the duration of his career and gets in with someone on a level playing field.

You can say what u like about the calibre of his opposition, but you cant deny that he now seems to just want to drag fighters out of their natural divisions and stack the odds in his favour.

So in conclusion, essentially, what im saying is i hope JMM knockes his bottom jaw free from its mounts.

I agree with everything except maybe the wheelchair thing.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 21 2009, 06:36 PM) *

What about showing heart and desire and the determination to win in the boxing ring. I'll take the nitty, gritty, will die to win boxer who has heart and desire than the kind of boxer PBF is.
BigG
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 22 2009, 05:04 AM) *
What about showing heart and desire and the determination to win in the boxing ring. I'll take the nitty, gritty, will die to win boxer who has heart and desire than the kind of boxer PBF is.

Floyd has no heart or determination?

Sorry if Floyd doesn't block punches with his face but that is the reason he is 39-0 and 5 division World Champion.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 22 2009, 05:16 AM) *

Sorry if Floyd doesn't block punches with his face but that is the reason he is 39-0 and 5 division World Champion.

He has heart. He uses it when he runs in the ring.

He has determination. He sure is determined to make the fights the fans don't want to see.

He does not block punches with his face he leaves that up to his women when he is training.

He is a 5 division beltholder not champion.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:16 PM) *

Because he never took on an opponent where you said PBF has a REAL chance to lose. He had a chance a few years ago to fight Winky, but he bitched out, I mean priced himself out. I'd love for PBF to fight Williams right now, that would show me he has heart and balls.
BigG
Yeah, of course Tszyu ruined Judah...thats why Judah became Undisputed Welterweight Champion and won the was fighting better than ever against Spinks.....but yeah Tszyu was Superhuman..of course he could ruin a fighter physically with 1 right hand. Of course the Judah he fought was 1000x better than the one that fought Cotto and Floyd laugh.gif

Sorry dude...but thats BULLSHIT.

I'm a Judah fan but unless you think Judah could have beaten Floyd and Cotto before the Tszyu fight and he wouldn't he wouldve gotten spanked the same way when he fought them..don't even go around saying Judah was damaged goods when Floyd got to him..because that Judah was physically in his prime and probably more experienced then the one at 140.

It's just funny reading TSZYU fans discrediting Mayweather's wins against Judah and Mitchell....Tszyu beat them first..okay give him credit for that..whatever....but don't make it out like they were trash when Floyd fought them. Because clearly, Judah was in the best shape of his life against Mayweather.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 22 2009, 06:42 AM) *
..don't even go around saying Judah was damaged goods when Floyd got to him.

It's just funny reading TSZYU fans discrediting Mayweather's wins against Judah and Mitchell..

These are the cold hard facts G.

The Judah that PBF fought was coming off a humiliating loss to Baldozar & like it or not was damaged goods. When he fought Tszyu he was not only the heavy favourite but touted my many as the future of the division.

Mitchell was also coming off a second loss to Tszyu & a draw with a guy who was also coming off a loss when Floyd set his sights on him.

That is not to discredit PBF's wins just to give no credit to them because they were not credible wins they were opportunistic wins.
King Eugene
Mayweather should campaign at 140 and if he can make it 135 and clean out the division.
BigG
So are you saying Judah pre Tszyu wouldn't have lost to Baldomir? All I know is Judah was fighting better than ever around the Spinks fights. I don't know if he greatly improved after the Tszyu fight, I don't think he did. All I know is he didn't get any worse. Zab today after the beatings he's recieved from Cotto and Clottey may be past his prime but he was really good in the Floyd fight. I'm not saying it's a great great win for Floyd but it's quality win over a quality opponent. You diss Zab for being overrated and for having 1 signature win but the truth is that's your boy Kostay Tszyu's best win.
BigG
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 22 2009, 06:00 AM) *
These are the cold hard facts G.

The Judah that PBF fought was coming off a humiliating loss to Baldozar & like it or not was damaged goods. When he fought Tszyu he was not only the heavy favourite but touted my many as the future of the division.

Mitchell was also coming off a second loss to Tszyu & a draw with a guy who was also coming off a loss when Floyd set his sights on him.

That is not to discredit PBF's wins just to give no credit to them because they were not credible wins they were opportunistic wins.

Give MORE credit to Tszyu for his win over Zab that doesn't matter but fact is Floyd's win over Zab was quality and if your honestly gonna call Floyd for taking that well at the time, Judah was a top 5 Welterweight guys like Paul Williams and Clottey were not in the scene yet and Cotto was at 140.
I guess in the end, BALDOMIR deserves the most credit for beating Zab because he beat Zab coming off some great performances it was a close fight but he did it. laugh.gif
kingknockout
you noticed how all the haters ran into this thread so fast and some even typed up big ass paragraphs to describe in detail how much they hate a fighter they never met in their entire life...not dislike now..thats not the word that was used.....they HATE him....now you know you need help when you HATE somebody, hate kills people.

i came on the wrong forum i see, this is ridiculous, i don't think i can have a dislike for no fighter that's damn well undefeated, i just can't, i gotta give them props on that alone, no matter what color, attitude, etc.

seeing as half the dudes that don't like this guy on here prob isn't black either, not tryna make it a race thing, but im just keepin it real
BigG
All I'm saying Zab wasn't a tomato can by the time Floyd got him. I don't think he was past his prime and it should be looked on as a QUALITY win regardless if Zab lost to Baldomir.
BigG
Yeah. I can see how he was in career best form around the Spinks fight with a loss against Spinks, then some impressive wins against the good fighters in Pineda, Martell and Riviera and then had a very brave defeat in the highly regarded Baldomir. Yep, fighting better than ever around this time.

Cory Spinks L
Rafael Pineda W
Wayne Martell W
Cory Spinks W
Cosme Rivera W
Carlos Baldomir L

Dude, the Spinks win was his most impressive. It's easy for you to list down his opposition but the opinion that the Spinks fight was his prime fight is an opinion shared by many....and the point is, like I said, people shouldn't give Floyd heat for taking the Judah fight because Judah was a top 5 Welterweight and in peak condition.

If Judah never did anything worthwile after the Tszyu maybe just maybe I'd agree with but he had 2 impressive fights with the Undisputed Welterweight Champion Cory Spinks, lose the first fight in a teriffic boxing match then KO him in front of his home crowd, something not even Jermain Taylor was able to do. I believe Judah TODAY is past his best but when Floyd got him in 2006 I don't think he was damaged goods.

Tszyu was an undisputed 140 champion for years and defended his title for a long time and fought everyone. Tell me once more how Judah was undisputed and defended it successfully and fought the top opposition in his time.

I'm not comparing Judah to Tszy dude. I know Tszyu is greater. I just notice several fans don't think too highly of Zab but he is in fact one of if not THE best win of Tszyu's career and y'all talk about how great Tszyu is and was and how much of a bum Zab is when in fact theres a reason Judah is Tszyu's best win because Judah is a quality fighter who has lost to BIGGER fighters and P4P talent and HALL OF FAMERS (Mayweather & Tszyu) besides Baldomir but hey shit happens. And acting like Judah was some tomato can when Floyd got him is simply discrediting Floyd's win.

Also, how easily people forget before the DLH fight people were picking DLH to beat Floyd shit that fight was in fact a risk. A risk with a good PAYDAY but a risk nontheless. DLH was not drained in that fight nor was a he a walking corpse like he was when he fought Pacquiao.

I understand Floyd should've fought some guys but guess what he is back in Boxing now and we'll see what hapepns.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 22 2009, 07:17 AM) *
seeing as half the dudes that don't like this guy on here prob isn't black either, not tryna make it a race thing, but im just keepin it real

Yeah you are making it race based with comments like that. The fact that dark skinned folks make up 10-15% of the population of the USA means that on average 85% of the Amerikkklan haters will not be black. It is common sense & does not need to be mentioned.

I have a lot of love for fighters & have never based ot on skin colour but on how much they entertain me.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 22 2009, 07:35 AM) *
How stupid can you be. You make a thread asking on "why the hate for Floyd". Who were you expecting to reply in this thread?

He actually expected all the Floyd jockers to come in here & lavish praise on the man. Instead he got guys like me who hate the man & say outlandish things about him but keep it real at the same time & this clown struggles to deal with that.
JaRaNDa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOSYzIKJFro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdJZsWEE5Q

Not sure if I linked these links properly..but maybe this is why Maywetaher is getting all this hate!?..and rightfully so!

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 22 2009, 01:17 AM) *
you noticed how all the haters ran into this thread so fast and some even typed up big ass paragraphs to describe in detail how much they hate a fighter they never met in their entire life...not dislike now..thats not the word that was used.....they HATE him....now you know you need help when you HATE somebody, hate kills people.

i came on the wrong forum i see, this is ridiculous, i don't think i can have a dislike for no fighter that's damn well undefeated, i just can't, i gotta give them props on that alone, no matter what color, attitude, etc.

Yes it looks like you came on the wrong forum. The race stuff just makes you look like a clown. Maybe it is best if you try another forum.

If you do decide to continue to post on these boards you'll have to get used to Steve's hate, it is world class. We could all learn a thing or two in the art of the smacktalk from Steve, I swear he must be the love child of James Toney and Mike Tyson. LOL
EirbinX
my problem with floyd is...why not fight mosley? why not fight cotto? Why Turn Around and fight hatton and possibly marquez instead of true welterweights? why duck ppl? why is paul williams strugglin to find a great fight and mayweather dodging all the great fights we wanna see? sure he was great in the lower weight classes, but why isnt he tryin to prove it at welterweight?

There is no shame in gettin knocked out by a mosley left hook.....lmao
torvix2000
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Apr 22 2009, 01:49 PM) *
my problem with floyd is...why not fight mosley? why not fight cotto? Why Turn Around and fight hatton and possibly marquez instead of true welterweights? why duck ppl? why is paul williams strugglin to find a great fight and mayweather dodging all the great fights we wanna see? sure he was great in the lower weight classes, but why isnt he tryin to prove it at welterweight?

Floyd is walking an alley and there are a lot of bad guys going on his direction. Floyd avoids staring or even looking at them. He's probably looking for someone he can beat up.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Apr 22 2009, 04:49 AM) *

Great post, i got to agree. Why not fight all these guys and prove you are as great as you and your nuthuggers say you are. PBF has talent that is unquestionable, so why not fight the fight the fans want. He talks about money and everything but if he fought everyone from the Mosley's to the Cotto's to the P. Williams and everyone at 154, he could demand ODLH type money everytime without question. Wasnt he saying he was the best from 154 on down. I love to see PBF prove his skills with the guys at 154 right now. His avoidance of all these fights is what makes people hate on him. Everyone always calls out PBF these days, but when a little guy calls him out ala Hatton or Marquez he all for it. Show some heart and fight P.Williams or a Mosley or guys like that. Thats what the true boxing fans want to see out of Floyd. Until then he'll always get hate.
dbdbdb
What all you guys don't seem to get -- If a fight with Cotto or Mosley was worth it, in terms of generating major paper, it will happen. But don't expect Floyd, Mosley or even Cotto to fight for less than 4 million {And that's a starting figure} ... its just not going to happen.

And in reference to JMM, it's a tune-up fight ... So, no reason to get excited about it.
EirbinX
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 22 2009, 12:51 PM) *
What all you guys don't seem to get -- If a fight with Cotto or Mosley was worth it, in terms of generating major paper, it will happen. But don't expect Floyd, Mosley or even Cotto to fight for less than 4 million {And that's a starting figure} ... its just not going to happen.

And in reference to JMM, it's a tune-up fight ... So, no reason to get excited about it.

if thats the case then he's really not a great fighter at all. it may generate more money to fight hatton but if he fights cotto at msg or atlantic city that would be so huge. everyone wants to see that fight. there isnt one fan out there tha wouldnt wanna see that fight so they are gonna pay and a fight with mosley would definetley sell out in las vegas its a great matchup aswell so u cant tell me there are better fights out there besides pac man
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 21 2009, 09:55 PM) *
True!!!!

Ask Meldrick Taylor if its better in the long run to Hit & Not Be Hit.

Trying to prove to the world that you can take punishment as well as dish it out is a fools game. Especially since historical and medical data clearly shows that the damage suffered from constant head impacts are REAL and permanent.

Its great for the blood-thirsty fans to witness fighters banging the living shit out of each other. But its the fighter who pays the price for what happens in the ring.

Just ask Meldrick Taylor ... a former GREAT.

ask ali.. his demise started with the invention of the rope a dope...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 21 2009, 10:10 PM) *
Well ODLH's record is what it is. What i'm trying to say is ODLH fought anyone and everyone around in his era, win lose or draw to try to capture all-time great status. PBF's caliber of opponents dont compare to those on ODLH's record. After the Hatton win, which was great what does he do? Retires. Like there was nothing left out there for him. Plus he never cleaned out a division. PBF career is like the movie Bronx Tale when "C's" dad tells him 'the worse thing in life is wasted talent'. To me PBF is wasted talent.

floyd had a pretty solid run pre-dela hoya and hatton... dont know how long you been a fan but he was a killer at 130 and after the domination down there moved up only to chase the money.. the only fight that wasnt made at 130 which would have taken place at 135 would have been a fight with mosely and for whatever reason i wont get into it that fight could not and wasnt ever made... it would have been 10 times better at that time than what we would see today if that fight is ever made...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 23 2009, 03:32 AM) *
floyd had a pretty solid run pre-dela hoya and hatton...

You mean fighting guys like Baldozar, Judah, Mitchell, Gatti, Bruseles & Corley?

What a fantastic run of high level opponents. The 3 "names" amongst them were all severely damaged goods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.