Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tito wants Pavlik at 165 catch weight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PUERTOROCKS
Boxingscene on 02-26-2009.

Inactive since last January's decision loss to Roy Jones Jr, former three division champion Felix "Tito" Trinidad is still looking for big fights. A lot of his critics are telling him to walk away, Trinidad says that he stays in shape and is still fully capable of taking on the big fights.

"To the people who think that I don't have any shot [to return to the ring], they should remember that I am a completely healthy person that can achieve whatever I want. If there are other boxers that are my age, and older than me, that continue fighting, like Shane Mosley, Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones - then I am also able to do so," Trinidad told El Nuevo Dia.

Trinidad is still chasing a rematch with Bernard Hopkins, wanting to avenge his 2001 knockout loss. Another fight that really interests him is against WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik, at the catch-weight of 165-pounds.

"Hopkins beat me, but he never wanted to give me the rematch. Pavlik could do a fight with me at 165 pounds. But, they are fighters who fear my punches," Trinidad said.

One fight Trinidad is not even thinking about is a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya. Trinidad doesn't think anyone would care about the rematch after the way De La Hoya lost to Manny Pacquiao last December.

EirbinX
thats a pretty old ad but trinidad mustve sipped on some of that puerto rican Rum when he said that
salvador
The sad thing is that Pavlik would probably love to fight him next.
iron_mike
Fighters fear his punches? Maybe with a Margarito styled loaded left hook
D-MARV
Pavlik-Williams needs to be made.
STEVENSKI
Tito could fight Margarito with loaded wraps in a country that will give Margarito a license.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 22 2009, 06:24 PM) *
It's that time again, when Tito starts whoring himself out in the media.

LOL well said.
hardhead
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 22 2009, 11:24 PM) *
It's that time again, when Tito starts whoring himself out in the media.

My thoughts exactly... LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 22 2009, 05:59 PM) *
Tito could fight Margarito with loaded wraps in a country that will give Margarito a license.

The fight would be called "FULLY LOADED"..

I'd want to see this fight happen..Both Tito and Margarito with loaded gloves and see who makes it out with fewer broken bones and that person is the winner..
STEVENSKI
Fully loaded indeed laugh.gif
EirbinX
has there been a time when soo many washed up fighters wanna comeback like this all at the same time
rusty_trombone
Tito! Tito! Tito!

Romulus9
I'd love to see a DLH-Trinidad rematch, no matter how Oscar looked against Pacquiao. Trinidad didn't beat him the first time, no matter what the record says, and I know he couldn't do it now either.

Considering how pathetic he looked against Jones, I'm not so sure he could beat Floyd Mayweather Sr. in a catchweight fight, nevermind Floyd Jr.

If Trinidad really, really, really wants to fight Pavlik, I say let him. In fact, let's let him fight Paul Williams. Either way, I'll get a result that will make me want to watch the DVD of the fight once a week for the rest of time.

Tito is so overrated that it makes me sick to know he'll be a Hall of Famer. Why not put Hector Camacho in there too?
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 22 2009, 11:22 PM) *
The fight would be called "FULLY LOADED"..

I'd want to see this fight happen..Both Tito and Margarito with loaded gloves and see who makes it out with fewer broken bones and that person is the winner..

LMAO...now that was funny as hell.

I say let Margarito fight Chavez Jr. in Mexico.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.