Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tito V. Hopkins 2
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Yucayeke
El Nuevo Dia newpaper is reporting that Trinidad gave a statement with Don King that a fight with Bhops is in the works for November and at 168.

Damn, Don King is a fucking parasite. Trinidad will lose worse than the first time.

I Hope this does not happen, I haven't heard about Tito having any money issues

http://www.elnuevodia.com/ennegociacionesr...ins-560108.html

edited to add link
JonnyBlaze
Tito vs. Pavlik or B-Hop will just add another L to his record..B-Hop will not take this fight..B-Hop is fighting guys who are at their best right now and beating them(like Pavlik)..B-Hop vs. Adamek is next for B-Hop I still believe..
frankypc
I just read it in endi.com too. I dont know what his advisers are feeding him(i mean Tito) lol. But this doesnt look good. Its so silly. 160 was his limit, at 168 and up he looks like the michelin guy. If the fight its finally done B-Hop will just murder him.
JD
LOL...this would be a smackdown.

Tito should have listened to Hopkins advice back on '04..."just stay retired..."
kidbazooka1
Im a big Tito fan but he blew it IMO by retiring during his prime now he's makeing these foolish comebacks after his prime.
Method
I'd just LOVE to know what the fuck Don King is smoking. How the fuck does he think he's gonna dictate shit when Hopkins is now a promoter too. You honestly think Hopkins/Schaefer are going to let old Don get over on them? There is NO fucking WAY, given the shellackin that Trinidad already took at the hands of Hopkins, not too mention all Hopkins has done since, that They are going to be taking the short end of ANYTHING, and given Tito's mandatory minimum (some absurd $15M?), Hopkins would have to get at LEAST that...at LEAST (and assuming he would accept parity is a LONG shot). But say they do...does anyone REALLY believe this is a $30M fight? NO fucking way!
D-MARV
So if Hopkins takes this fight... Im sure he'll get slammed for it BIG TIME!
King Eugene
LMAO...this is Hilarious. The only reason I see Hopkins taking this fight is for the money. He's more of a Legacy man so I doubt he'd do it but if he does it wont go past 5 if he comes out with the same intensity he did against Pavlik. Can Tito even make 168 now? I think he just doesn't want his name to fade.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 22 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Probably. But it's obvious you are trying to draw the comparison to Mayweather. Unfortunately, he won't be as bad as Mayweather, not even close.

LOL... Im just checking... I love the Nard Man, He can take any "MONEY" fight he wants. He deserves it.
Lil-lightsout
I think the first fight was a fluke, and it would only take one of Tito's monster hooks to KO Bernard. I think Hopkins knows he got lucky the first time, and he has been avoiding Trinidad ever since. I do not think Hops would make it out of the third round if they were to rematch.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 22 2009, 08:35 PM) *
So if Hopkins takes this fight... Im sure he'll get slammed for it BIG TIME!

If he wasn't 44, and coming off fights with Calzaghe and Pavlik than yeah.
JLUVBABY
what the hell hopkins should man handle trinidad but i think he deserves this kind of fight.. i have been a fan of hopkis since the days he was fighting on b.e.t network... thats a long damn time ago.. personally i think he has done all he needs to do... if he's gonna continue fighting he needs to be avenging his loss to jones if you ask me.. he should be able to toy with jones now...
EirbinX
how old is trinidad
Yucayeke
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 23 2009, 01:57 AM) *
I think the first fight was a fluke, and it would only take one of Tito's monster hooks to KO Bernard. I think Hopkins knows he got lucky the first time, and he has been avoiding Trinidad ever since. I do not think Hops would make it out of the third round if they were to rematch.

Are you being facetious? Or do you want to start up some shit here, LMAO.
Dude I am HUGE Trinidad fan, I was in a fucking room full of Ricans in PR the day Hopkins beat the shit outta Tito. I actually saw people cry, hell I was depressed for weeks, lol
Bro, there is NO WAY Trinidad comes back and beats Bhops, no way. The dude just doesn't have it. He misses the limelight tthat Juanma and Junito Cotto have
Yucayeke
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Apr 23 2009, 08:27 AM) *
how old is trinidad

36 - Jan 10 1973
1zz
Honestly this would do well PPV wise.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Yucayeke @ Apr 23 2009, 07:11 AM) *
Are you being facetious? Or do you want to start up some shit here, LMAO.
Dude I am HUGE Trinidad fan, I was in a fucking room full of Ricans in PR the day Hopkins beat the shit outta Tito. I actually saw people cry, hell I was depressed for weeks, lol
Bro, there is NO WAY Trinidad comes back and beats Bhops, no way. The dude just doesn't have it. He misses the limelight tthat Juanma and Junito Cotto have

I was obviously joking. Trinidad does not deserve a fight with Hopkins, based on his last performance against Jones, and Hopkins looked great in his last fight. Amazing that Hopkins is like 44 and Trinidad is 36, you would think there roles would be reversed as far as there overall skills these days.
PR316
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 23 2009, 12:29 AM) *
I'd just LOVE to know what the fuck Don King is smoking. How the fuck does he think he's gonna dictate shit when Hopkins is now a promoter too. You honestly think Hopkins/Schaefer are going to let old Don get over on them? There is NO fucking WAY, given the shellackin that Trinidad already took at the hands of Hopkins, not too mention all Hopkins has done since, that They are going to be taking the short end of ANYTHING, and given Tito's mandatory minimum (some absurd $15M?), Hopkins would have to get at LEAST that...at LEAST (and assuming he would accept parity is a LONG shot). But say they do...does anyone REALLY believe this is a $30M fight? NO fucking way!

Have to agree. Unless there is at least PARITY, I don't see this making it past the negotiating table anyway.

Tito hasn't won a fight since 2004 and has lost quite a bit of marketability. I think it'll do decent numbers anyway just because of the names. But this fight has no bearing or significance of any kind at this point. Tito is not serious about a comeback and Hopkins I could only imagine taking a fight that has significance to him and Trinidad can only offer him money at this point.

Tito should have hung em up permantley after Winky.
ROLL DEEP
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is anyone bothered about this...seriously?

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing it, but its more like a side show fight, instead of me looking forward to it like a Froch-Taylor fight, or Moseley-Mayweather fight, it's more of a 'Ok, they're both old and past it, but I'm sort of interested in seeing what happens'.

Fights like this aren't good for boxing.

If they both want the fight, then I have no problems with them making money, but it's not the best fight out there, haha.
MarzB
I usually can see the business sides of these types of fight but this fight has very little economic viability if you ask me. "Cheato Trinidad" coming off two defeats where he was shut out against Hopkins stands to do SOMETHING here?? Please.

Hopkins could be 50 and Cheato 40 and the result would be exactly the same.

I think this is merely one of those "teaser" stories tossed out there to gauge public interest.
Method
Two things:

First - 1ZZ, WHO the fuck is that hot ass bitch in your avvy? Slammin.

Two - How can this fight be worth $30MM???? And to be honest, it has to be worth a boatload more than that, because $30M is just going to satisfy the fighters' purses.
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 24 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Two things:

First - 1ZZ, WHO the fuck is that hot ass bitch in your avvy? Slammin.

Two - How can this fight be worth $30MM???? And to be honest, it has to be worth a boatload more than that, because $30M is just going to satisfy the fighters' purses.

I know the one on the left is 1zz herself...

and I don't like this fight at all...it's plain wrong.
Mean Mister Mustard
This fight would have done good business in 2005 after Tito had blown out Mayorga in 04. But now? I guess it would do well based on their names but considering the hit Trinidad's record has takne lately it would probably not do well.

I don't understand why Trinidad keeps coming back to fight guys he can't beat. The man has balls though, that's why I respect him. He should however take on someone he can beat and give his fans something to get excited about.
Maxy
What a complete and utter joke of a fight. Who gives a shit about it?

Hopkins still has something left to give to the sport but if he goes through with this he's a total mug. As for Trinidad, he's shot to shit and should just disappear.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 09:30 AM) *
I know the one on the left is 1zz herself...

and I don't like this fight at all...it's plain wrong.

lmfao if olivia munn post on this forum i would have spit game a LONG time ago lol

yea this fight is weak that bum couldnt deal with bhop in his prime no way the fat past it version does
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.