Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Manuel Lopez v.s Gerry Penalosa
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Mean Mister Mustard
This is one good damn fight. Perfect for JML at this point in his career. He has dismantled every oponent in front of him, barely lasting a round and so now it is time to reallt test him. Penalosa is a great veteran, arguably beat De Leon, where he landed the cleaner punches. And even though he was being outboxed by Gonzalez, he found a way to win. Penalosa will not lie down but JML is the definition of SHARPNESS. He is so quick on the tirgger and is very hard to hit cleanly.

JML by decision. Gerry is not going to get KO'd in this one. I think...
Lil-lightsout
I love this JML guy, he seems like the real deal. If he wins impressively, which I think he will, he will be in my top 10 P4P.
D-MARV
WAR JUANMA!!!!!

COming out PArty... TKO7
thefloatingmonkey
JML is good stuff. Excellent young fight who can box and punch. Loved the first round knockout against de leon!
JLUVBABY
i exspect another early knockout by juanma... that guy is awesome...a def. future pound for pounder.... i'd like to see him fight gamboa....
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 22 2009, 10:09 PM) *
i exspect another early knockout by juanma... that guy is awesome...a def. future pound for pounder.... i'd like to see him fight gamboa....

Why would you want Gamboa's short career come to an end?
thefloatingmonkey
Gamboa just needs a good trainer to teach him how to box instead of being an idiot in the ring. A loss might give him a much needed wake-up call.
frankypc
Gamboa gets hit too much and acts as he is a big deal. So i co-sing JML vs Gamboa. So i can see Gamboa lying on the floor for 10 minutes lol.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 22 2009, 08:20 PM) *
This is one good damn fight. Perfect for JML at this point in his career. He has dismantled every oponent in front of him, barely lasting a round and so now it is time to reallt test him. Penalosa is a great veteran, arguably beat De Leon, where he landed the cleaner punches. And even though he was being outboxed by Gonzalez, he found a way to win. Penalosa will not lie down but JML is the definition of SHARPNESS. He is so quick on the tirgger and is very hard to hit cleanly.

JML by decision. Gerry is not going to get KO'd in this one. I think...

Penalosa is a skiled vetran but JuanMa is just on another level Gerry also gets hit a lot and against JuanMa thats a big mistake.

JuanMa by brutal KO within 5.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 22 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Penalosa is a skiled vetran but JuanMa is just on another level Gerry also gets hit a lot and against JuanMa thats a big mistake.

JuanMa by brutal KO within 5.

Damn. Well if it ends early at least we have Taylor-Froch that same night.
PR316
I'll take Juanma within 6 rounds. Peņalosa gets hit way too much and Lopez is big for that weight. j

Lopez will be too fast and too powerful and I think he's a future pound 4 pounder as well.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 22 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Why would you want Gamboa's short career come to an end?

thats just one of those personal fights i wouldnt mind seeing.. they are both young gunz and gamboa is brash and cocky cuban... honestly if haye wasnt fighting wlad i'd love to see him fight solis...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 23 2009, 10:39 AM) *
I'll take Juanma within 6 rounds. Peņalosa gets hit way too much and Lopez is big for that weight. j

Lopez will be too fast and too powerful and I think he's a future pound 4 pounder as well.

please tell me how did you put that little mark over the n in penalosa...
Big Slim Sweet
Penalosa's a tough little bastard but he's going to find himself overmatched by Juan Manuel Lopez.

I'm expecting an entertaining but ultimately one-sided affair with Penalosa retiring on his stool after the 8th.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 24 2009, 09:29 PM) *
Penalosa's a tough little bastard but he's going to find himself overmatched by Juan Manuel Lopez.

I think Penalosa isn't really that tough. I think he's just too hard to hit with KO blows. De Leon could not hit him clean by KO blows. So De Leon pot shot especially in the end. Gonzales was winning on points, but could not hit Penalosa clean. Penalosa's weakness is speed. He couldn't catch quick opponents.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Juan-Ma is one hell of a fighter, and I still think he's ready for the best out there. I think he beats Marquez and Vazquez right now, and he'll dominate Penalosa. Penalosa had a hard time with Gonzalez, and I thought he lost every round of that fight til that great body shot. Maybe he'll be able to land some more of those body shots and slow Lopez down, but Lopez will just be too fast. The young guy will pull this one out with his speed and his power as well. He hits damn hard in there, and Penalosa will have to respect that. Just too many factors going against Penalosa and I expect Juan-Ma to win within 5 rounds.
PR316
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 24 2009, 07:16 PM) *
please tell me how did you put that little mark over the n in penalosa...

Press the Alt key, and then on the number pad type 164.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 24 2009, 05:29 PM) *

I'm expecting an entertaining but ultimately one-sided affair with Penalosa retiring on his stool after the 8th.

Good Fuckin Call!
BigG
Penalosa did not quit though. He wanted to fight on. But he made it farther then you guys thought he would without ever being buckled. And he is SMALLER and OLDER. Gerry is the man...what a fight.
Yucayeke
I have to say that Penalosa is one of the gutsiest bastards I have ever had the priviledge of watching. The man kept coming, yes he didn't win a round, but he hung in there gritted it out and kept coming. I was like WTF, sis this dude Human? Juanma was landing some serious fucking bombs in the all night and the guy kept coming.

WOW, Juanma did a great job, but I can't but help say that Penalosa's stock went up a few points in my book
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.