Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spinks vs. Lattimore & Devon Alexander Friday on SHOBOX
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
This is pretty good match making in the Spinks vs. Lattimore contest.

As much as I like Cory Spinks, if Lattimore is hungry and isn't being beaten to the punch, I think he stand the chance to pull out a pretty good victory.

The problem with Spinks is that when you have his style where power is not an attribute i(n any way shape or form), your timing better be on point. When was the last time Spinks fought?? I know it's been atleast a year. Oh yeah, against whatever Leon's fighter name was.

My point is that lack of activity is not good for spinks and this guy Lattimore hits like a brick.

Devon Alexander will be the mandatory for someone after this fight. I really like the kid but I don't see the reason to fast track him.

hardhead
I hope Latimore wins because he's style from what I've seen is more exciting, he's younger and has more to offer to Boxing at this stage IMO.
D-MARV
I think Spinks will out class him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 24 2009, 01:10 PM) *
I think Spinks will out class him.

no doubt.. lattimore was struggling at points in the powell fight and benefitted from the fact powell was high on weed.. well he tested positive for it after the fight and he fought like there was something wrong...
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 24 2009, 02:30 PM) *
no doubt.. lattimore was struggling at points in the powell fight and benefitted from the fact powell was high on weed.. well he tested positive for it after the fight and he fought like there was something wrong...

LOL... I didn't know that!, It all makes sense now.
MarzB
Spinks needs to be active. His legs didn't look good but his experience won this fight. Unfortunately for him, all the Jr Middleweights will be salivating for him after this performance.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Good, I hope the Jr. Middles want to fight him. Then, he won't have to go searching for opponents and have to hear the excuses of why they don't want to face them. I don't think he'll get a big fight though. I think he'll fight Joachim Alcine, Sechew Powell, or Daniel Santos in his next fight. I could see King trying to make that Santos fight and try to unify. Maybe set something up with Paul Williams down the road.
JLUVBABY
lattimore did a lot better than what i thought he would and actually made this a very close fight.. i thought spinks pulled it out but it was pretty close... lattimore i hope is moved right cuzz he can be a player at 154 or at least a very solid contender... spinks is one of the best at that weight and he fought at even terms with him... it was hard to tell if ring rust played its part or if lattimore actually has the ability to be that good...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Lattimore got a punch, but that's pretty much it. He wings his shots too much, and is pretty wild in there. I think those first two rounds were a combo of ring rust and just losing his composure after the crowd booing him on the way to the ring. However, midway through the fight they chanting Cory's name. Lattimore's best rounds after those first 2 was the 10th. I'm not hatin on him either, cause he'll make for some damn good fights. He's got a good punch, and can turn around a fight at anytime. I'd love to see him in with Verno Phillips at this point, and see if he can build his name up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.