Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which matchup is more of a mismatch?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The CEO
Man I wish we could see who votes for what....

I say Hatton-Pacquiao....clear as day.

Vote it up...
Fitz
Mayweather-Marquez is much more of a mismatch. At least Pacquiao has the superior skills and speed in the Hatton fight. Marquez is inferior in just about every single way.
Fitz
We know C.E.O voted for one, who was the other? lol.
The CEO
Well...that's that....I think JonnysTrainer just voted for Marquez-Mayweather....which means I'm dead wrong.
Fitz
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 12:16 PM) *
Well...that's that....I think JonnysTrainer just voted for Marquez-Mayweather....which means I'm dead wrong.

May as well close the thread and end it. The one has spoken.
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 23 2009, 10:18 PM) *
May as well close the thread and end it. The one has spoken.

laugh.gif

Ya know...they say Jonny's Trainer once hit a man on the top of the head, and it shattered his ankles....
The CEO
Ok...I see you guys that are picking Hatton voting otherwise to spite me....I'm gonna fuck ALL y'all up by Midnight on May 3rd...
dbdbdb
If we're talking weight - We need a third choice: Neither laugh.gif

In the HW division you always have guys weighing 230+ fighting 200 pounders and no one ever gives it a second thought.

The real question is why does it matter in the lighter weight classes -- when each will be close to the same weight come fight night. I think the whole weight issue needs to be put to rest, because I've seen so-called WW come into the ring on fight night at almost 160lbs.

If we're talking Skill - they are both mismatches.

Manny is more skilled than Hatton. And Floyd is more skilled than JMM.
Big Slim Sweet
Pac's gonna smash Hatton but that doesn't make it the bigger mismatch on paper.

PBF is bigger, stronger, faster, younger, fresher than JMM.

Fuck Floyd Mayweather in the face.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 23 2009, 10:59 PM) *

LMFAO .... Big Slim - Be careful .. this is sounding like a crusade.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 03:28 AM) *
laugh.gif

Ya know...they say Jonny's Trainer once hit a man on the top of the head, and it shattered his ankles....

Well I heard he looked at a man & the look alone caused paralysis.
Lil-lightsout
It's like making a poll asking which Olympic Gold medalist had a better pro career... Pernell Whitaker or Mark Breland? Come on CEO... Hatton ain't gonna rough up your boy THAT bad. laugh.gif
EirbinX
i picked hatton - pacquiao because 1. im thinking maybe mayweather got rusty.....MAYBE.....and hatton realistically has nothing for pac man
D-MARV
LOL... good one CEO. Mayweather-MArquez!
The CEO
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 23 2009, 10:59 PM) *

laugh.gif

I liked that....I could really feel how much you hate him there...

but do you guys who voted for M-M realize what you're saying?....you're saying you think Hatton will challenge Pacquiao more than Marquez will challenge Mayweather (who hasn't had a real fight in a year and 1/2)....all four fighters are AROUND the same height and weight....Marquez just whipped a young buck who gave his all...

I'm telling everyone here....the difference in class between Hatton and Pacquiao is gonna be MUCH more apparent than the difference between Marquez and Mayweather...

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 24 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Well I heard he looked at a man & the look alone caused paralysis.

Y'all ever heard that song "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia"?...well...that was written about Jonny's Trainer...his electric bill was a little higher than he expected one month, so he knocked Georgia right the fuck out.
Maxy
It's definitely Mayweather-Marquez because Hatton is stopping Pac in the 10th round.

wink.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 24 2009, 11:38 AM) *
It's definitely Mayweather-Marquez because Hatton is stopping Pac in the 10th round.

wink.gif

Didn't you pick Hatton over Mayweather too?

laugh.gif

God....please forgive them....for they know not what they do...
Maxy
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 11:46 AM) *
Didn't you pick Hatton over Mayweather too?

laugh.gif

God....please forgive them....for they know not what they do...

Nope.

I said I thought Hatton would give him a tough fight. I was wrong but Pac ain't no Mayweather.
The CEO
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 24 2009, 11:48 AM) *
Nope.

I said I thought Hatton would give him a tough fight. I was wrong but Pac ain't no Mayweather.

Well you were STILL wrong....lol...but you're right about Pacquiao not being Mayweather...BUT....like I said...the H-P fight ain't about how good Pacquiao is...it's about how shitty Hatton is...
JLUVBABY
my vote here is mayweather marquez all day long.. reason being.. regardless of what most people think.. I think hatton is gonna be a tough tough fight for pacman.. in the mayweather marquez fight i doubt at this stage of the game mayweather is gonna take a fight he doesnt think he can win... and as good as marquez is and he is borderline great... he is not gonna be able to deal with the sleak style of a young fresh mayweather... that would be a much better fight if they where fighting at lightweight and they where both naturally the same size but mayweather is naturally the bigger fighter now... fight is not close in my opinion... i will also say its amazing how good a fighter is when he can fight juan manuel marquez as a tune up...
Maxy
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Well you were STILL wrong....lol...but you're right about Pacquiao not being Mayweather...BUT....like I said...the H-P fight ain't about how good Pacquiao is...it's about how shitty Hatton is...

Yeah man, I hold my hands up to that one. I expected more from Hatton. I didn't think he would win but I'm pretty certain I said he would give Floyd hell...but ultimately come up short. Wasn't to be, but then Floyd is a very special fighter, no doubt about it.

Pac has done big things in the lower weights but you've got to disregard the De La Hoya fight. Oscar was shot and weight drained...bad combination.

Unless Hatton is shot, which is a possibility, although I don't think he is yet, Pac is going to be up against the strongest opponent he has ever faced. Barring cuts and swelling, Hatton is going to execute the perfect gameplan. He'll bully Pac, hurt him to the body, wear him down and stop him in round number 10.

OK, that last bit is just an opinion. However, Mayweather will dominate Marquez making it much more the bigger mismatch.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 09:05 AM) *
laugh.gif

I liked that....I could really feel how much you hate him there...

I thought you would.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 09:05 AM) *
I'm telling everyone here....the difference in class between Hatton and Pacquiao is gonna be MUCH more apparent than the difference between Marquez and Mayweather...

I agree that there IS a greater difference in class between Hatton and Pacquiao than there is between Floyd and JMM. But in their case the lesser fighter is bigger and stronger and should at least be able to make things interesting for the first few rounds. Marquez on the other hand is going to have absolutely nothing for Mayweather by the first minute of the first round. He doesn't hold a single advantage.
The CEO
Well....this is a landslide as of right now....so here's what I'm gonna do....I'mma bump this after y'all witness what happens on the night of May 2nd....then bump it again if/after M-M happens....

and just like I said when most everyone here went against me about Mosley stopping Margarito....

"You'll see...."

JonnyBlaze
How the hell could anyone pick Hatton/Pac-man??Doesn't make sense..Hatton is not completely out of that fight..He has a chance to beat Pac-man..

Mayweather takes just about everyone completely out of every fight he has..Castillo was in it because he applied effective pressure..If anyone thinks all he takes is any kind of pressure(like Margarito who just comes forwards and throws plaster punches),they are wrong..Mayweather would have destroyed Margarito like I always said..Marquez is going to be mentally exhausted after this fight cause if ya don't do a lot of thinking against Mayweather,you are only there for a pay check..If it was possible,B-Hop would be the best fight for Floyd because of how smart he is in the ring..
D-MARV
Hatton is gonna FUCK Pac up...

The first left hook to the body will cripple Manny.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 24 2009, 07:09 PM) *

Exactly..I really don't know who to pick in the fight and still haven't picked anyone..Everyone thinks the logical choice is Pac-man but that means you're under estimating Hatton..Hatton is stronger at 140 than 147 because his body is tighter and that helps add to punching power..

There is nothing to argue on here since it's so logical..The only thing that Marquez can hope to rely on is that Floyd is rusty..That's it!!
The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 24 2009, 08:09 PM) *

lol.....Marv....and this goes for a few others too....please admit you're hoping Hatton wins because it makes Mayweather look good....because I refuse to believe you guys are being as delusional and low quality as Hatton huggers with the H-P bout....

Really...this poll is so skewed it ain't even funny......I know many of these M-M votes are due to the influence of some underlying bullshit....but whatever....the performances and results will do the talkin' for me on this one...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 08:30 PM) *
lol.....Marv....and this goes for a few others too....please admit you're hoping Hatton wins because it makes Mayweather look good....because I refuse to believe you guys are being as delusional and low quality as Hatton huggers with the H-P bout....

Really...this poll is so skewed it ain't even funny......I know many of these M-M votes are due to the influence of some underlying bullshit....but whatever....the performances and results will do the talkin' for me on this one...

What are M-M votes?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 24 2009, 07:33 PM) *
What are M-M votes?

Mayweather/Marquez votes
D-MARV
Floyd doesn't need Hatton to look good... LOL

You need to admit that you underestimate Hatton.

CEO, You're my boy, but seriously you're trippin. It would shock me to see Pac win this fight, but DOMINATE... if he does He will be GOD.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 24 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Floyd doesn't need Hatton to look good... LOL

You need to admit that you underestimate Hatton.

CEO, You're my boy, but seriously you're trippin. It would shock me to see Pac win this fight, but DOMINATE... if he does He will be GOD.

It wouldn't shock me to see Pac-man win but it would shock me if he dominated it..Hatton has been improving with Floyd Sr.He was so used to doing the same things over and over with his other trainer that they had nothing new to learn..Hatton has been LEARNING new things with Floyd,so basic as to how to use his jab!!I gotta say too,his jab has been looking a lot crisper..Instead of just going through the motions,he is actually having to have to use his head now with Floyd Sr..I am expecting to see some new improvements from Hatton in this fight..A change of trainers is what he needed to continue to improve..
D-MARV
I meant it Wouldn't shock me if Pac won!
The CEO
Guys....guys....I get it....you think I'M the wrong one here....19 to fucking 3...it ain't the first time, and it won't be the last....where I prove I'm RIGHT....lol

Marquez will prove to be more of a challenge to Mayweather than Hatton will be to Pacquiao.....a.k.a......Hatton will lose worse to Pacquiao than Marquez will lose to Mayweather.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 24 2009, 08:35 PM) *
Marquez will prove to be more of a challenge to Mayweather than Hatton will be to Pacquiao.....a.k.a......Hatton will lose worse to Pacquiao than Marquez will lose to Mayweather.

That very well may be. Due to Pac's killer instinct and Marquez's superior survival skills I can easily foresee Hatton collapsing under a sea of crimson somewhere around rounds 8-10 while a lumped up and defeated JMM manages to make it to the final bell.

That still doesn't make it the bigger mismatch.

Hatton has a better chance of upsetting Pacman than JuanMan does of upsetting Semen Face.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 24 2009, 07:09 PM) *

man we on the same page.. i been preachin that since the fight was signed...
Spyder
CEO...sorry, but I voted for M&M.

Size won't play a factor in the Hatton fight, but it will be HUGE in the M&M fight. Mayweather is too strong for JMM, and it will be too much to overcome.

Hatton on the other hand brings pressure. Who was the last pressure fighter that Pacman fought? Even though I'm picking Pac, I don't know how he'll handle the pressure. It makes the fight more intriguing to me.
The CEO
It's ok, Spyder....once M-M is over.....everyone will know that Hatton was more outmatched against Pacquiao than Marquez was against Mayweather.

JonnyBlaze
The more I think about Pac-man/Hatton,the more I am swaying towards Hatton as my offical pick..I'll let ya guys know soon who I pick..The underdog might have this one just like Pac-man won the DLH fight..
Spyder
A lot of peeps picking Hatton in this...makes you go hmmm?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 25 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Really??I thought it was the other way around..Hatton is the under dog..He uses his jab now to set up his big stuff which impressed me in his last fight..I think we'll see a lot of improvements from him..His defense has improved too..I also like his footwork better now,he doesn't just jump in with punches..This is based off of one fight but these were improvements Floyd Sr. wanted to make and I think they'll stick to him if he is working as hard as I think he is in the gym..The Hatton that lost to Floyd is a different Hatton..Freddie Roach was smart to watch a lot of the Paulie fight because that's what Hatton wants to start to do more of and some..
Spyder
Hatton is still Hatton...Floyd Sr can only polish a turd so much.
AussieLad
Hmmm, which is the bigger mismatch... LOL... its so fucking obvious

Hattons advantages. Naturally bigger man, stronger, never been beaten at 140
Pacs advantages. Speed, skill, power, at the top of his game

Floyds advantages. Naturally bigger man, stronger, younger, never been beaten, has had plenty of time to acclimatize at the higher weight, speed, power
Marquezs advanatges..... ? floyd "might" have ring rust

You only have to look at the predictions. Most pick Pac to win, but there are a reasonable number picking hatton. Has anyone picked marquez to beat PBF.... anyone?
The CEO
Well here's what's happening, Aussie....people are being fucking stupid picking Hatton over Pacquiao, and damn near everybody hates Mayweather even though they know he's a master....like I said....I get it.

cool.gif

Bottom line.....Hatton is the most overrated, underskilled boxer in the scene today, and I am COUNTING on his shittiness.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 25 2009, 06:55 PM) *
Well here's what's happening, Aussie....people are being fucking stupid picking Hatton over Pacquiao, and damn near everybody hates Mayweather even though they know he's a master....like I said....I get it.

cool.gif

Bottom line.....Hatton is the most overrated, underskilled boxer in the scene today, and I am COUNTING on his shittiness.

Correction-----Arreola is the most underskilled and overrated(being called the hope of the US) on the scene..HBO hypes him up so much and has even gone as far as putting him in the top 6 heavyweights including the 3 champs..

C.E.O,what is Marquez going to do to make this less of a mismatch when fighting Floyd??Ya've been talkin about Hatton but I haven't seen much from ya about what Marquez has on his side as advantages..Here are mine for Marquez--1)Floyd may have ring rust..2)Floyd has major hand problems..Did I miss anything??
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2009, 08:07 PM) *
Correction-----Arreola is the most underskilled and overrated(being called the hope of the US) on the scene..HBO hypes him up so much and has even gone as far as putting him in the top 6 heavyweights including the 3 champs..

C.E.O,what is Marquez going to do to make this less of a mismatch when fighting Floyd??Ya've been talkin about Hatton but I haven't seen much from ya about what Marquez has on his side as advantages..Here are mine for Marquez--1)Floyd may have ring rust..2)Floyd has major hand problems..Did I miss anything??

LOL Jonny never lets the opportunity to put the boot into Arreola. I guess since Peter lost to Chambers I'll have to leave the HW hate up to Jonny.

Marquez simply hasn't grown into his frame the way Mayweather and Manny have as they got older. Floyd will never be a huge WW but at least he looks like a WW and Manny I think will spend the rest of his career at 140 with perhaps the odd cherry picked match at 147.

The problem for Marquez is that everything he does Floyd does better.

Many fans are picking Manny to beat Hatton because there are a lot of things Manny does differently and better than Hatton. All Marquez is gonna do is end up fighting a bigger, faster better version of himself. Epic fail.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 25 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Hatton is still Hatton...Floyd Sr can only polish a turd so much.

Well if that was all Floyd was going for is polishing,yeah you're right..Yet,that's not what he is going for..Floyd is adding tricks and weapons to Hatton,like his jab now..This goes far beyond polishing..I never seen Hatton throw as good of a jab as he didn't against Paulie..Hatton also was not the one holding in the fight either and didn't have to resort to wrestling..To change a fighter who has as many pro fights as Hatton does is a huge task,so we can only wait and see how things turn out..I think Floyd Sr. has the ability to do it though..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Apr 25 2009, 07:18 PM) *
LOL Jonny never lets the opportunity to put the boot into Arreola. I guess since Peter lost to Chambers I'll have to leave the HW hate up to Jonny.

Marquez simply hasn't grown into his frame the way Mayweather and Manny have as they got older. Floyd will never be a huge WW but at least he looks like a WW and Manny I think will spend the rest of his career at 140 with perhaps the odd cherry picked match at 147.

The problem for Marquez is that everything he does Floyd does better.

Many fans are picking Manny to beat Hatton because there are a lot of things Manny does differently and better than Hatton. All Marquez is gonna do is end up fighting a bigger, faster better version of himself. Epic fail.

hahahahaha..For sure man..
The CEO
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2009, 08:07 PM) *

Arreola is getting some undeserved hype...but nowhere near the scale Hatton has received....

This is about their differences in Class as boxers for me, Johnny....any way you cut it...all 4 of these guys in question are around the same size...and what I've been saying (all along) is that M-M will be more competitive than H-P.....that Hatton is more outmatched than Marquez is....

Y'all can keep going....but seeing how I'm so outmatched on this poll...lol...I'll sit this one out for now and bump accordingly....the performances and results will decide which one was more of a mismatch.

Thank you.

Jack
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 25 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Arreola is getting some undeserved hype...but nowhere near the scale Hatton has received....

This is about their differences in Class as boxers for me, Johnny....any way you cut it...all 4 of these guys in question are around the same size...and what I've been saying (all along) is that M-M will be more competitive than H-P.....that Hatton is more outmatched than Marquez is....

Y'all can keep going....but seeing how I'm so outmatched on this poll...lol...I'll sit this one out for now and bump accordingly....the performances and results will decide which one was more of a mismatch.

Thank you.

Jack

I'm with you man,there is nothing left to say or argue..Lets just wait till next week to see if it is a mismatch(which it could be)..We'll see..I think a year ago Hatton had the lowest amount of skill between the 4 of them but he is improving..I actually like Hatton's jab now..To be able to better your jab is a huge improvement for any boxer..Anyway,we'll see next weekend.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 25 2009, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 25 2009, 06:55 PM) *

I actually think a lot of people picking Hatton over Pacquaio are doing it in part based on their love of the Mayweathers.

A - If Hatton wins it makes PBF's win over Hatton more impressive, and makes the notion of Pacquaio as the #1 p4p in PBF's absence more laughable.
B - If Hatton wins it makes Floyd Senior look like a genius of a trainer.

It's astonishing to me how many people here are not only picking Hatton to beat Pac, but picking him to overwhelm and destroy him early, something Hatton hasn't been able to do to guys like Maussa, Lazcano and Malignaggi.

Floyd Joy is NOT rewriting the script at this stage of Ricky's career.

Pacman's gonna beat the shit out of Hatton and people thinking different now will be feeling very silly afterwards. Floyd Sr will be on here talking to Percy a few days later throwing Hatton's ugly ass under the bus too, watch.

But...PBF-JMM is STILL the bigger mismatch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.