Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morales wants Juan Manuel Marquez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19550
Lil-lightsout
Too many fighters just do not know when is it enough. But if he wants to continue, he should EARN a shot at JMM. Fight atleast one or two fights first to see if he is serious or just looking for a payday. I can not think they would be able to fool anyone with this fight if it was made in Erik's first fight back.
STEVENSKI
Erik has a death wish. Please Erik just stay retired or if you need a win so bad beat up on a homeless person or something.
BigG
I've been a big fan throughout Erik's career he was one of the guys that got me into Boxing together with Tyson and Jones but I don't want to see him fight Marquez as he would get slaughtered and hurt bad. But if he comes back, I'll definitely watch.
Fitz
Morales mentioned this fight a few months back. I love Morales, great fighter but now isn't the time, he is done. He may have beaten Marquez in a dream fight years ago, but not now. Even though the fight was close, but not getting a decision against David Diaz should be enough to tell him to night fight a solid guy ever again.
Big Slim Sweet
Rafael says Morales will fight on the PBF-JMM undercard (if it happens) with the goal of a 135 pound showdown against Marquez in a couple of fights.
Romulus9
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 24 2009, 12:55 AM) *
I've been a big fan throughout Erik's career he was one of the guys that got me into Boxing together with Tyson and Jones but I don't want to see him fight Marquez as he would get slaughtered and hurt bad. But if he comes back, I'll definitely watch.

The 3rd fight with Pacquiao is one of the saddest things I've seen in the last several years. Just to see him sitting against the ropes shaking his head "no" after the last knockdown was deflating.

But NOTHING can ever take away from the Barrera trilogy and the rest of his career.

I just wish he'd stay retired. The wars took their toll, he can't do it anymore on a high level, and every round he fights adds to the concern for his well-being.
Fitz
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ Apr 25 2009, 07:07 AM) *
The 3rd fight with Pacquiao is one of the saddest things I've seen in the last several years. Just to see him sitting against the ropes shaking his head "no" after the last knockdown was deflating.

Yep, that's it. Morles was one of the best, and his heart in the ring is second to none, but seeing that in the last fight as you said sitting on the ropes and basically saying it's enough was something that is so far from a prime Morales and something he never would have done was depressing. I don't blame him, he has left it all in the ring and you can't knock him on anything, but that was enough to realise he is well past it.
JonnyBlaze
After watching Morales/Diaz live,I decided that had to be it for him..I was glad he decided to retire..He put up a decent fight but lost..
boxingfan777
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 24 2009, 06:49 PM) *
After watching Morales/Diaz live,I decided that had to be it for him..I was glad he decided to retire..He put up a decent fight but lost..

We will be interviewing Erik Morales in the near future. Stay tuned.

Pacquiao/Hatton Contest
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (boxingfan777 @ Apr 26 2009, 10:52 PM) *
We will be interviewing Erik Morales in the near future. Stay tuned.

Pacquiao/Hatton Contest

We can only hope he stays retired..Why break your nose one more time Erik??
Thegreatequalizer
maybe the time off has given him some time to rest and recover. that way he can get his ass kicked for the full 12 rounds instead of getting ko'd. he should maybe be calling out rafael instead.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Apr 27 2009, 08:25 AM) *
maybe the time off has given him some time to rest and recover. that way he can get his ass kicked for the full 12 rounds instead of getting ko'd. he should maybe be calling out rafael instead.

He should be fighting at 147 then. He will no longer be able to get down even to 140.
Fitz
Maybe Mayweather can fight Morales if the fight with Marquez falls through.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 27 2009, 09:36 AM) *

LOL! This might happen, knowing PBF's propensity for "tune ups".
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 27 2009, 03:36 AM) *

Why wouldn't Floyd want to add another first ballot HOF'er to his resume?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.