Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Sad... (James Kirkland in Trouble)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Admin note: post title edited for clarity.

I read this today...

Unbeaten jr middleweight James Kirkland is now being held in custody by federal authorities after being arrested with a loaded handgun in his vehicle last week at an Austin gun show. He has been charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon and has a court appearance today. Apparently there is also another pending case involving Kirkland and firearms, so his May 2 fight on the Pacquiao-Hatton undercard looks in serious jeopardy.

Former WBO jr welterweight champion Kendall Holt has pleaded guilty in New Jersey to knowingly collecting money from drug transactions and delivering it to his manager Henry Cortes, who has also pleaded guilty to drug charges. Holt, who lost his title to WBC champ Tim Bradley on April 4th, may have the charge dismissed if he completes a pretrial intervention program.

After flying to Spain for what he thought was a routine court hearing, troubled former WBO featherweight champion Scott Harrison was immediately arrested and sentenced to 30 months in prison for assaulting a police officer and attempting to steal a car.

Former world champion Arturo Gatti was arrested last week after missing a court date involving an alleged assault of his ex-wife. He has been released on bail, but must return in June.
lloyd mayflower
I live in scotland, and the stories we routinely hear about scott harrison in the press make me quite glad hes been banged up. i liked him as a boxer but the bigger he got it became clear that he was a total fuckin idiot.

Im also pissed off with kirkland who i was looking forward to seeing next saturday. such a waste cos he was def gettin close to some decent money fights and is exciting to watch
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 24 2009, 03:15 PM) *
I live in scotland, and the stories we routinely hear about scott harrison in the press make me quite glad hes been banged up. i liked him as a boxer but the bigger he got it became clear that he was a total fuckin idiot.

Im also pissed off with kirkland who i was looking forward to seeing next saturday. such a waste cos he was def gettin close to some decent money fights and is exciting to watch

Yeah what the fuck is up with Harrison. Total waste.

Like you I was looking forward to seeing Kirkland again but it's looking unlikely now.

Why the fuck do these people do these things man?
EirbinX
fukin kirkland............... sad.gif
lloyd mayflower
good point
JonnyBlaze
Why do they do it??Because they don't stay true to boxing..Why do boxers go out drinking all the time and do drugs??Because they aren't dedicated and take their abilities for granted..Such a waste of talent..
JLUVBABY
i can tell you guys kirkland is fucked... our legal system here in texas is not gonna play any favors for this guy.. its gonna take a miracle for him to make it out this here situation...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 24 2009, 08:05 PM) *
i can tell you guys kirkland is fucked... our legal system here in texas is not gonna play any favors for this guy.. its gonna take a miracle for him to make it out this here situation...

I totally agree with you. Maybe if he was a bonafied superstar things MIGHT be different but then again its Texas and the law their is nothing to play with. Its to bad because i loved Kirkland style and his personal story in life. What is he thinking having a gun on him. These days the cops will kill you for having a gun on you. This royally sucks.
Imperius3
This sucks, Kirkland had a lot of potential.

Anyone know anything about parole? Any chance they'll give him a break? Or is he screwed for sure?
King Eugene
I hope Kirkland finds some way to get out of this. I doubt he will but this is so unfortunate to the state of boxing.

But before it gets way out of hand please nobody claim he was going to be the next great champion had he not gotten into trouble.

Hold up...did it sound like I was hating?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't care if he was going to be a future champ, he's still a friggin idiot for what he did. Seriously, a firearm at a gun show, could you be anymore fuckin stupid. The dude finally starts to get himself straight, on the verge of opportunities most boxers would kill for, and he does that. I hope they don't go easy on him, since there's so many other boxers out there, who make right decisions and will make something of their talent. I guess that also sounds like hating too, but I guess I feel the sport can do without him. There'll be other great prospects coming up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 25 2009, 01:02 AM) *
I don't care if he was going to be a future champ, he's still a friggin idiot for what he did. Seriously, a firearm at a gun show, could you be anymore fuckin stupid. The dude finally starts to get himself straight, on the verge of opportunities most boxers would kill for, and he does that. I hope they don't go easy on him, since there's so many other boxers out there, who make right decisions and will make something of their talent. I guess that also sounds like hating too, but I guess I feel the sport can do without him. There'll be other great prospects coming up.

i have to agree with you on this.. convicted felon and rollin round with a gun... just plain stupid he deserves what he gets... some may not say its fair but its the law and he should have known better...
salvador
Does anyone know anything about his armed robbery conviction?
Spyder
I heard that Kirkland used to visit Ike Ibeabuchi for career advice.
Method
Is this the cat that Anne Wolf trains?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 25 2009, 07:44 PM) *
Is this the cat that Anne Wolf trains?

Yup.
JLUVBABY
i dont understand some of these atheletes... they are in the position to make more money than most of us will ever see and they get out there and do stupid stuff like what james kirkland has done... lets say he serves time his career is fucked.. he'll come back years from now and look like a shell of himself on espn 2 or what ever channel ala whats the rapist name that couldnt stay out out womens houses and i think is back in the pen. from san antonio... cant think of his name...
JLUVBABY
james kirkland fans can find a new bandwagon... that guy is fucked.. dont seem like his judge is gonna play with him...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 26 2009, 11:53 AM) *
i dont understand some of these atheletes... they are in the position to make more money than most of us will ever see and they get out there and do stupid stuff like what james kirkland has done... lets say he serves time his career is fucked.. he'll come back years from now and look like a shell of himself on espn 2 or what ever channel ala whats the rapist name that couldnt stay out out womens houses and i think is back in the pen. from san antonio... cant think of his name...

Tony Ayala Jr.
kingknockout
damn kirk not_i.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.