Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime: Spinks vs. Latimore@10PM CST (Spoilers 10:15)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For any comments on the Spinks-Latimore fight.

Jack

Administrator
D-MARV
Alexander has GREAT handspeed.
Mean Mister Mustard
From what I've seen in other Alexander fights, he can go at this pace for 10 rounds, easy.
BigG
Alexander is a good boxer. He has a nice jab, good hand speed, and solid skills all around.

Round 7....Alexander chopping him down....Alexander just hurt Rodriguez...really starting to put it on him....Round 8...Rodriguez is down...showing heart.
Mean Mister Mustard
Imagine an Alexander-Peterson fight. Both guys yepling, it would sound like two chihuaha's battling it out.
BigG
Alexander stops him in round 9...impressive stuff....
D-MARV
I wasn't all that impressed by Devon... Good fighter, Great Speed, but I'm not sold on him.
King Eugene
Am I the only one that would enjoy watching a Spinks vs. Williams fight?
D-MARV
GREAT FIRST ROUND!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 25 2009, 12:07 AM) *
Am I the only one that would enjoy watching a Spinks vs. Williams fight?

Yeah... cuz Spinks would die.
BigG
Spinks was down in round one...Both fighters getting tagged. It was a very action packed round.
D-MARV
Spinks is SHOT or drained...

He looks slow and he Defense SUCKS
KookedKrack
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 24 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Spinks is SHOT

yup he is getting hit with some wide fucking punches man all that elusiveness is gone.
BigG
Latimore wins round 2...

Spinks wins round 3. He starting to come on.
BigG
Spinks takes round 4.
BigG
Spinks is cut. I don't know how he got it.

Spinks wins round 5.
D-MARV
What happen to Spinks' legs?
KookedKrack
Spinks is really starting to come on i think its more Latimore's inexperience fighting in the later rounds rather than anything Spinks is doing
BigG
Spinks takes round 6.
Lil-lightsout
I had no intention on watching this fight, but I am sure glad I am now. Great fight so far!
D-MARV
Good Fight Thus far.
BigG
Spinks wins round 7.
KookedKrack
i kind of like this version of cory less running more fighting
D-MARV
Good comeback for Spinks.
BigG
Spinks wins round 8
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Yeah... cuz Spinks would die.

Thats why I want to see it.
BigG
Spinks wins round 9. Spinks displaying great skills.
BigG
Latimore takes round 10....good fight. His best round since the 2nd round.
BigG
Latimore fighting har ddown the stretch....round 11 was very close. I think if Cory wins round 12 he definitely got this.
BigG
Spinks takes round 12.

115-112 for Cory Spinks
BigG
115-112 Spinks
115-122 Latimore
114-113 Spinks!

Spinks is once again the IBF Light-Middleweight Champion. Good decision.
hardhead
Not too bad a fight, the first 6 rounds were pretty competitive, after that both guys were very tired and the fight got a little sloppy with both guys hanging on and clinching from exhaustation. latimore was looking like he was on empty from rounds 6 on, even though I thought he dug deep and won the 10th and 11th on power shots alone, the 12 he looked completely out of gas and thought Spinks won the 12th to make it 7-5(114-113) Spinks. 12th was the critical round for me and Spinks landed the only meaningful shots in the round, latimore was just hanging on trying to stay on his feet and landed virtually nothing. Spinks' experience combined with Latimore's inexperience was the difference in the fight. Latimore fought about as good as he could have(for being dead tired) with a a guy like Spinks who while past his best, has tons of experience against world class opposition. Latimore shouldn't hang his head too low, he needs to get right back in the guy and stay busy, I think he can definitely learn from this loss/fight.
King Eugene
I didn't get to see the fight cause I'm at work.

Did Spinks cry again?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was an awesome fight. I had the fight 115-112 for Spinks, giving him rounds 3,4,6,7,8,9,11, and 12. He made the adjusments neccesary after the first two rounds to win this fight. Tonight was not a night for him to use all that movement because a guy with the style of Lattimore would have chopped him down. He tried using the ring in those first two rounds, but Lattimore kept catching him pulling out with his hands down. That's what put him down in the first round. He fought very well on the inside, and looked like his slick self in the middle of that fight. I still think he gives EVERY jr. middle out there trouble, even though I'll admit he seemed a bit faded tonight. However, he's been off for over a year and I'm sure he had some ring rust. King better keep him active. I'm really happy he's on top again, he's been one of the most underrated boxers out there. He's my favorite fighter, and I hope to see him in there with the best.
Jack 1000
Hey,

No one expected this fight to be as good as it was! But it was a very good fight. I had it 6-6 in rounds, but 114-113 for Latimore off the first round kd. Many rounds were very close, and could have went either way. Good scoring. Who won was largely based on interpretation of many hard to score rounds.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
I had Spinks slightly winning, great rebound for him considering how he looked early in the fight. I thought it was an enjoyable fight to watch. Lattimore became a little to predictable in there and Spinks kind of figured him out, he missed alot of big head shots over and over when he could have shifted his focus on the body more. Also, Spinks sure lacks some pop in his punches.
EpTXCHAMP
good fight for spinks may have got a couple of more fans actually lol

even though he fought more and ran less I dont see this cory being as successful than the boxer cory in the ring! it will help him with the fans yea but better opposition at 154 would prob beat this spinks. think latimore lost this due to experience

side note think someone mentioned spinks being shot he's not AS elusive as he once was as no fighter is as they age but I think he just got off to a slow start which he's been known to do

think we see spinks vs williams next lol
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 24 2009, 11:55 PM) *
115-112 Spinks
115-122 Latimore
114-113 Spinks!

Spinks is once again the IBF Light-Middleweight Champion. Good decision.

I thought it should of been 115-112 all the way around for Spinks..Spinks showed us something we've never seen from him..It is not the best thing for him to do but it was entertaining..There's nothing wrong with being knocked down,it's if you get up that counts and even more so how you come back from it..Spinks showed the heart of a champ in that fight..He dug down deep..
D-MARV
Spinks did not have any legs last night. I hope he was just rusty and not completely shot. He does not have the chin to trade like he did last night. If he fights any of the top 5 guys then he'll be knocked out.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Spinks did not have any legs last night. I hope he was just rusty and not completely shot. He does not have the chin to trade like he did last night. If he fights any of the top 5 guys then he'll be knocked out.

Yeah,his legs were gone..Rust was a problem too I think..He started off really bad than really started to get a groove going..

If he traded with Zab as much as he did last night,he would of been put away a lot faster in the second fight and would have lost the first one too..Shit,Paul Williams is hanging around at jr. middle and if Spinks tried that shit with him,we'd see a very early KO..

Like I said,it was an entertaining fight but he needs to go back to his old ways..Chris Byrd got KO'd real bad by W. Klitchko for trying to be more crowd pleasing..I prefer the use of their skill over their crowd pleasing ways..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.