Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Froch vs. Taylor@ 8PM CST (SPOILERS@ 8:15)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments and post fight reactions to the Supermiddlewight World Championship fight tonight on Showtime.

Jack

Administrator
JonnyBlaze
If Froch wins I think it will be by KO/TKO and if Taylor wins it'll be by UD..I think Taylor has improved since his losses to Pavlik but I still think Froch will be able to lure him into a fight since Taylor wants to always be the stronger guy in the ring which is why I'm going to give this fight to Froch..I really like this match up and I can't wait to see more match ups at super middleweight..

I've said it plenty of times before,super middleweight and cruiserweight have A LOT of potential this year and following years if guys decide to stay at the weight(both these weights have basically been pit stops to get to light heavy or heavy)..
D-MARV
Im away this weekend and won't be able to watch the fight... Can someone PM me a stream?
JonnyBlaze
Not much talk about this fight but anyway,Froch is insanely wide open for left hooks when he jabs..He has real bad technique with his jab and is losing power on it..When he throws it,he moves his right arm back(called the bow and arrow)..He is losing a lot of power on it because of that..If Taylor throws a left hook right when Froch jabs,he'll catch em basically every time..
D-MARV
DAMN JT HURT HIM BAD.
Al Hata

Froch looked shocked after he got knocked down. lol.
dbdbdb
Double jab after double jab ... Taylor needs to be more aggressive or he will lose in spite of the knock-down.

Boring!!!!
thehype
Jermain Taylor is sooooooooooooooooo unimpressive.
thehype
And just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Gus Johnson and Al Bernstein are related to Jermain Taylor...because listening to them do this play-by-play, it sure as hell sounds like they are.

laugh.gif
thehype
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dbdbdb
Taylor looks like a shot fighter ... which is confusing because he is soo young. No punch output to speak of - No aggression - No technique to speak of.

Unbelievable .... Taylor blew it!!!!!
thehype
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
KookedKrack
what a bum.
D-MARV
I guess we will have a rematch
Al Hata

Taylor, you let down the USA tonight. I hate you.

/career.

D-MARV
Props to Froch... He finished strong. But he is not as good as I thought he was.
BigG
Let me guess...Taylor gassed and got stopped?
D-MARV
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:37 PM) *

Yep... All he had to do was finish on his feet.
BigG
Damn..thought so...well, sounded like a good fight. I'll have to D/L it.
Lil-lightsout
Froch did not impress me at all. JT... I have no words. Never been a JT fan, but it was sad watching him lose that way. Bute will beat Froch easily.
MarzB
Jermain Taylor listen to me.

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200

GO DIRECTLY INTO RETIREMENT!!!

Seriously, this dude Froch is tough but thats all he was/is. His defense is crappy and had Taylor had enough stamina and stuck to his game plan, this would have been a route to an easy win.

It's still BAFFLING to me after seeing Taylor's performances against Pavlik, Spinks, Wright and now Froch why Hopkins had such problems with Taylor.

Unreal. I don't like fighters like Froch stylewise but he gets a ton of credit from me by being tough
dbdbdb
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:37 PM) *

EXACTLY!!!!

They announced that Taylor was ahead on all score cards ... He totally gassed out in the 12th and got clobbered.

This is one guy that shouldn't box again ... he runs out of gas every fight ... even when he's winning.
KookedKrack
it seems taylor is also a judah
D-MARV
Bute beats Froch
Method
Jermain Taylor should retire. Made some great money. Beat some solid guys. He has had a good career. Tonight was a BAD knockout. BOTH knockdowns. He ate some leather. Not to mention the Pavlik KO, and the mental rape by Hopkins. I was pulling for JT tonight, and wanted to see him make another run, but he doesn't need to fight anymore. There's nobody really out there for him to fight. Who knows.

Im not all that impressed w Froch, other than hecan take a decent shot. He's awkward, and European as fuck, but whatever.

PS - It is the MOST TRAGIC of things that nobobody ever bothered to teach Jermain Taylor the concept of LATERAL Movement. Jesus fucking christ. I mea, to see the guy take five steps backwards to get away from a guy, you'd think he was a quarterback dropping back for a pass. HAD he any sense of a lateral movement element to his game, he would have been able to dance that last round away. He NEEDS to learn how yo move sideways. It's pathetic. The announcers kept saying he was hurt, he wasnt hurt. He was backing up because thats the extent of his defense. We saw it all night versus Winky.
JonnyBlaze
Dbdbd how the hell did Taylor look like a shot fighter??No technique??Man you must not have any idea what technique is..Taylor had the fight won because of his technique and skill..I even picked Froch to win by KO but wanted Taylor to win..Taylor has improved his skills a lot!!!Froch's plan worked for him,wait till Taylor got tired than put it to him..I thought Taylor looked really good in this fight..

He looks like he lifts weights and in the end,I think that took some gas away from him since his muscles weren't long like Froch's and they were more tight and compact..Weight lifting muscles make you get tired quicker and I've experienced it through my own experiences..We've had this arguement many times and weights of 5 lbs and less are ok but anything more can hold you back(I used to bench 250 lbs with 8 reps),especially in a long fight..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Bute beats Froch

EASILY.
D-MARV
Froch Calls out Calzaghe...

Calzaghe Slaps Froch around in my opinion.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 25 2009, 09:40 PM) *
it seems taylor is also a judah

Taylor has better stamina than Judah but they both need to figure out what the hell is holding them back..This is 12 rounders,so I guess if this were back in the day we'd never hear the names Taylor or Judah..Long lean muscles have KO'd Taylor 2 times now..He should try to get his body less bulky..He and Jeff Lacy look like big light heavyweights..
Box in Hand
Taylor is going to hate himself forever. All he had to do is stand up and he would have won the fight. Froch is not all that impressive but I give him respect for not giving up and applying pressure on Jermaine which made Jermaine tired. Hopkins didn't win their fights but he showed everyone that if you can weather Jermain's storm and take him into deep water you have a good chance of winning. Either way I would like to see a rematch. I think Jermaine needs a conditioning coach at this point.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2009, 10:45 PM) *
Dbdbd how the hell did Taylor look like a shot fighter??No technique??Man you must not have any idea what technique is..Taylor had the fight won because of his technique and skill..I even picked Froch to win by KO but wanted Taylor to win..Taylor has improved his skills a lot!!!Froch's plan worked for him,wait till Taylor got tired than put it to him..I thought Taylor looked really good in this fight..

He looks like he lifts weights and in the end,I think that took some gas away from him since his muscles weren't long like Froch's and they were more tight and compact..Weight lifting muscles make you get tired quicker and I've experienced it through my own experiences..We've had this arguement many times and weights of 5 lbs and less are ok but anything more can hold you back(I used to bench 250 lbs with 8 reps),especially in a long fight..

LOL... Don't blame it on the weights... Taylor fought a typical Taylor fight. Froch had a gameplan that worked...

Im with Method... Foch looked good but nothing great. Kessler owns him as well.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Froch Calls out Calzaghe...

Calzaghe Slaps Froch around in my opinion.

he sure as fuck wont be punching him but yea zags slaps his way to a easy ud against him
Method
What Jermain Taylor needs is Pat Burns at this point.
dbdbdb

I don't call double-jabs thrown for 7 out of 12 rounds technique.

His footwork is terrible ....... His punch variations were terrible ..... his counter-punching was horrible....
His ring generalship was non-existant ..... And he deserved to lose because his technique was terrible and horrendous.

ALL this against a guy that was coming in with his hands DOWN and mostly fighting 12 rounds face first.

Taylor had the fight won because Froch was SHIT!!!!!!

Lil-lightsout
I thought Taylor looked really good in this fight..

Not me. I thought he looked decent at best at spots, you can just tell he does not have the same confidence. I think like 6th round on, all he basically did was jab, jab,jab, move, move, move. Very rarely did he throw any combo's, I think he could have let his hands go more, and mixed up his attack more. I mean he could have really dominated Froch if he wanted to, but he left Froch back into it by basically not doing much after the midway point of the fight. He also did not try and follow up on the Froch knockdown in the third round, maybe he could have hurt him more? JT simply lacks confidence deep down.
D-MARV
Oh well, fuck a Froch

JuanMA is about to fight.
Romulus9
Froch is a joke. The only thing he has superior to Taylor is conditioning and a British accent, one of which is expected... okay both, but whatever.

Ridiculous.

14 friggin' seconds away and he can't stay up.

Stop swinging. Grab him. Hit him low. Kick him. Whatever. Just don't let him stop you.

I'm not pleased.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 25 2009, 10:40 PM) *
EXACTLY!!!!

They announced that Taylor was ahead on all score cards ... He totally gassed out in the 12th and got clobbered.

This is one guy that shouldn't box again ... he runs out of gas every fight ... even when he's winning.

Maybe he should never fight for a title again. he should only fight in 10 rounders...
Al Hata

This is why I respect the best fighters of our era like Hopkins and Mayweather so much. Their lifestyle is boxing. Nobody out trains them and they live to box. Jermaine didn't make the sacrifices he needed to for him to become great. He cut corners in training throughout his career and that it shows.

dbdbdb
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:50 PM) *
LOL... Don't blame it on the weights... Taylor fought a typical Taylor fight. Froch had a gameplan that worked...
Im with Method... Foch looked good but nothing great. Kessler owns him as well.

Totally agree.

Even if it were humanly possible to determine how often a fighter lifts weights .... that cannot be used as an excuse.

Taylor has no stamina!!!! and no matter how terrible a fighter you are ... just wait until the 12th round to KO him. That's the game-plan Froch had and all he needed.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 25 2009, 09:53 PM) *
I don't call double-jabs thrown for 7 out of 12 rounds technique.

His footwork is terrible ....... His punch variations were terrible ..... his counter-punching was horrible....
His ring generalship was non-existant ..... And he deserved to lose because his technique was terrible and horrendous.

ALL this against a guy that was coming in with his hands DOWN and mostly fighting 12 rounds face first.

Taylor had the fight won because Froch was SHIT!!!!!!

I don't think you know what technique is for what you just said..Technique is the way that you throw a punch and how well you throw it..Taylor has a good jab..Froch doesn't..Taylor should of countered more like he did in the first round(like the first first right hand he landed)..

Froch's technique was horrible..Go back to the first page and re-read what I posted..Froch has a bow and arrow jab which the commentators were loving(they are completely fucking lost themselves these days)..If you bow and arrow jab,the right side of your body goes back while the left side is going forward(making you sideways)..If Taylor had countered his jab with left hooks,he would of landed all of em..Froch was wide open for straight rights or hooks when he'd throw his uppercut..Uppercuts are meant to go up,not on a slant..

Damarv---Taylor has a problem in training obviously..He is either not training as hard as he should or he is over doing something(like weights)..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 25 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Not me. I thought he looked decent at best at spots, you can just tell he does not have the same confidence. I think like 6th round on, all he basically did was jab, jab,jab, move, move, move. Very rarely did he throw any combo's, I think he could have let his hands go more, and mixed up his attack more. I mean he could have really dominated Froch if he wanted to, but he left Froch back into it by basically not doing much after the midway point of the fight. He also did not try and follow up on the Froch knockdown in the third round, maybe he could have hurt him more? JT simply lacks confidence deep down.

Taylor didn't look good in the whole fight,obviously..He looked good in the beginning..Yeah I know the beginning of fights is where he looks good but he looks like he has improved things,like his defense..
dbdbdb
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2009, 10:59 PM) *
I don't think you know what technique is for what you just said..Technique is the way that you throw a punch and how well you throw it..Taylor has a good jab..Froch doesn't..Taylor should of countered more like he did in the first round(like the first first right hand he landed)..

Froch's technique was horrible..Go back to the first page and re-read what I posted..Froch has a bow and arrow jab which the commentators were loving(they are completely fucking lost themselves these days)..If you bow and arrow jab,the right side of your body goes back while the left side is going forward(making you sideways)..If Taylor had countered his jab with left hooks,he would of landed all of em..Froch was wide open for straight rights or hooks when he'd throw his uppercut..Uppercuts are meant to go up,not on a slant..

Damarv---Taylor has a problem in training obviously..He is either not training as hard as he should or he is over doing something(like weights)..

OH GOD!!!!

Here we go with the I know more about boxing than you rap .........

Give it a rest dude!!!!

Your so-called trainer is questionable .... and you claimed know-how is suspect.

Quit while you're ahead ... lol!!!!!!!!!
D-MARV
This "Boxers shouldn't lift weights" is BULLSHIT...

We had this convo before. Tell BHop, MOsley, Tim Bradley... and many others that they shouldn't lift.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 11:04 PM) *

We had this convo before. Tell BHop, MOsley, Tim Bradley... and many others that they shouldn't lift.

Every boxer I know and have known has lifted weights. It add to the total package of training.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 25 2009, 10:04 PM) *

Not heavy weights..B-Hop has long lean muscles so if he does,it's around the weight of a glove..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 25 2009, 10:03 PM) *
OH GOD!!!!

Here we go with the I know more about boxing than you rap .........

Give it a rest dude!!!!

Your so-called trainer is questionable .... and you claimed know-how is suspect.

Quit while you're ahead ... lol!!!!!!!!!

You thought that throwing double jabs for 12 rounds was bad technique..So I don't know where ya come off sayin any of this shit..

Who the fuck lives in Chicago or can come to Chicago??Please come to my gym!!!You don't need to do anything but watch for an hour..Then you'll hear about my "so-called" trainer..I invite you to come out or anyone else..Spyder,get a hold of your boy Jelani(I haven't been able to lately),tell him to come to my gym and bring his camera and everything..We could have him(300 lber) hit the bag,then my trainer..Then have him put it up on youtube..
JonnyBlaze
Ya all can meet Vince Durham at my gym too..He trains guys at my gym too..He fought James Toney,Jean-Marc Mormeck,M. Nunn,and quite a few other guys..I talk to him everyday I go to the gym..
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2009, 11:09 PM) *
Not heavy weights..B-Hop has long lean muscles so if he does,it's around the weight of a glove..

LOL.

NO JOHNNY... You can lift weights and still be effective.

You know you're favorite boxer lifted weights, don't you?
Method
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2009, 11:09 PM) *

Not true. If you saw any of the Countdown shows for the Tarver and Calzaghe fights, they show Hopkins doing some heavier weight lifting exercises (bent rows, squats, etc.). Im not talking POWER lifting, or REAL heavy, but the weight he was using was a bit heavier than light stuff. Still, Hopkins does not do a whole lot of weight lifting overall. This was more under the tutiledge of Mackie Shilstone, and it was all programmed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.